Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? 17:22 - Feb 11 with 24724 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wrong manager, this is not working, trouble is we lumbered ourselves with a 3 year contract and his coaching team.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:01]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:54 - Feb 14 with 2113 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:47 - Feb 14 by OldPedro

Beale had great communication skills my ar5e - he lied continuously and fu cked off leaving the team in a mess because most of the players he brought in are behaving like toddlers and don't want to play anymore

Whilst I'm also pissed off at the way Beale ultimately behaved, there's no denying his communication skills. Whilst he was here the board, team and fans bought into what he was saying and the results were clear for all to see. Unfortunately for us he had higher ambitions and was in a hurry to achieve them.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:07 - Feb 14 with 1980 viewsdanehoop

I am in two minds at this point.

Critchley isnt doing it, but is that his fault or an issue with the players?
What is available to him at this point is a great deal less than Beale had, because of injury and form. If we change manager is that likely to make any difference to the outcome with this group of players that are now available?
Is there better out there to takeover from Critchley that we could afford and would want to come here?

Really dont know what we do here, we know he isnt a bad manager, but equally that doesnt make it the right fit for us or what we need now. The squad is thin and clearly he isnt getting much out of what is there. If there were something better I would be inclined to switch sooner rather than later. I am just not convinced there is anyone out there who is available, affordable and willing to come. To be honest I'd have considered going down the Warnock option to the end of the season, but that isnt available to us now.

Never knowingly understood

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:09 - Feb 14 with 1942 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:07 - Feb 14 by danehoop

I am in two minds at this point.

Critchley isnt doing it, but is that his fault or an issue with the players?
What is available to him at this point is a great deal less than Beale had, because of injury and form. If we change manager is that likely to make any difference to the outcome with this group of players that are now available?
Is there better out there to takeover from Critchley that we could afford and would want to come here?

Really dont know what we do here, we know he isnt a bad manager, but equally that doesnt make it the right fit for us or what we need now. The squad is thin and clearly he isnt getting much out of what is there. If there were something better I would be inclined to switch sooner rather than later. I am just not convinced there is anyone out there who is available, affordable and willing to come. To be honest I'd have considered going down the Warnock option to the end of the season, but that isnt available to us now.

Indecision is fatal. Something must change or League 1 here we come.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:14 - Feb 14 with 1901 viewstraininvain

Just a reminder that we could have stuck with Warburton, got players back from injury and rebuilt under him last summer. But our DOF and many of the experts on this thread new better.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:18 - Feb 14 with 1836 viewspaulparker

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:14 - Feb 14 by traininvain

Just a reminder that we could have stuck with Warburton, got players back from injury and rebuilt under him last summer. But our DOF and many of the experts on this thread new better.

The second half of last season was sh1te under Warburton
All roads lead to Les, Hoos the board and the coaching staff , it’s on them we are in this mess

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1749 viewsOldPedro

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:54 - Feb 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Whilst I'm also pissed off at the way Beale ultimately behaved, there's no denying his communication skills. Whilst he was here the board, team and fans bought into what he was saying and the results were clear for all to see. Unfortunately for us he had higher ambitions and was in a hurry to achieve them.

Beale is a bull5hitter - he waffled on about him, had one plan which worked for about 10 games and was already trying to get other jobs. He was all mouth, no integrity or honesty.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:29 - Feb 14 with 1746 viewstraininvain

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:18 - Feb 14 by paulparker

The second half of last season was sh1te under Warburton
All roads lead to Les, Hoos the board and the coaching staff , it’s on them we are in this mess

It was sh1t but we were missing key players and there was clearly a fallout between Warburton and Ferdinand. I’d bite your arm off right now to finish 11th, 9th or 13th (our last three seasons under Warburton).

Personally I thought at the time that Warburton had enough goodwill to deserve the benefit of the doubt and another season. You only need to look at the mess that’s followed to realise what a mistake it was to let him go.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:32 - Feb 14 with 1689 viewsbosh67

Train line cut me off. On the way home. Not sure how the board justifies keeping Critchley after that. No direction, no tactical ability, no shape, no style of play. I’ve not witnessed a performance that bad for about a decade, perhaps more. Tactically inept at every level.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 22:44]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:11 - Feb 14 with 1574 viewsNorthantsHoop

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:32 - Feb 14 by bosh67

Train line cut me off. On the way home. Not sure how the board justifies keeping Critchley after that. No direction, no tactical ability, no shape, no style of play. I’ve not witnessed a performance that bad for about a decade, perhaps more. Tactically inept at every level.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 22:44]

Totally inept again tonight, watching from my seat Critchley and his team do not have a clue.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:26 - Feb 14 with 1526 viewsbosh67

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:11 - Feb 14 by NorthantsHoop

Totally inept again tonight, watching from my seat Critchley and his team do not have a clue.

Agree. It’s all reactive and not proactive. I am just a fan and even I could see we needed to change shape and tactics at half time. He did nothing. Subs on too late. Midfield over run on transitions every time. No supply line to the forwards, no game management, no threat, no defensive set up, just dreadful. Feels like a fan won the chance to manage the team. One that doesn’t know much about football or tactics. Bench did nothing until it was too late yet again. Also you bring a 3rd forward on and put the ball behind the defence but the same plodding crap sideways with the ball given away at every stage. It’s embarrassing to watch and the players need to take responsibility but it also feels like they’ve not been coached at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 15:07 - Feb 15 with 1333 viewsnumptydumpty

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:14 - Feb 14 by traininvain

I said it at time and unfortunately I have to say it now but great majority on this messageboard also adhered to the view we needed to change from Warburton.

I thought it and said at time along with a minority that chopping and changing gets you nowhere.

Warburton was a student of the game, a hard worker, a successful man in other fields, not motivated by money ie very well off already and was committed to a good style of attacking football whilst developing our star players.

A run of form due to seven different goalkeepers and a couple of totally key personnel meant end of last season drifted but we were solid throughout, great to watch at times and always a good balance of experience, youth and talent.

The problems this season all stem from that ridiculous decision.

For a manager leaving to have his name chanted and a standing ovation was a shocking indictment of what should be the termination of hoos and ferdinands reign.

This mythical stadium is even further away than it has ever been, we are on the edge of FFP regulations, the youth system is blatantly not fit for purpose and our league position, style has never been in more dire straights since our league one days 15 to 20 years ago.

Clearly a clean sweep is required but can see the likes of Hoos and Les staying and dragging us further into the mire.

Is it one win in seventeen !!

SHOCKING !!!!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 15:11]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 16:58 - Feb 15 with 1238 viewsed_83

We all accept that Critchley inherited an awful situation, but he's clearly falling short. Why isn't he getting some defensive solidity instilled in the squad, making us harder to beat, setting some basic professional standards and dropping players when they fall short, bringing in younger players with a point to prove rather than playing the same mindless, lazy loans week in week out?

Like others, I'm in two minds - it feels like something is fundamentally rotten throughout the entire club, and I'm not sure that firing Critchley will change any of that. But surely *something* has to change soon, otherwise we're getting relegated.

Something about the last two games, and the total lack of fight or energy from the players, feels like a line in the sand. A week or two ago, I thought we'd muddle along playing mostly terrible football for the rest of the season, but sneak our way to the handful of points we needed in order to stay up.

As it stands right now, I struggle to see how this team, playing like this, under this management, does anything other than lose every single one of its remaining games and gets relegated.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 17:04]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 17:32 - Feb 15 with 1089 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 15:07 - Feb 15 by numptydumpty

I said it at time and unfortunately I have to say it now but great majority on this messageboard also adhered to the view we needed to change from Warburton.

I thought it and said at time along with a minority that chopping and changing gets you nowhere.

Warburton was a student of the game, a hard worker, a successful man in other fields, not motivated by money ie very well off already and was committed to a good style of attacking football whilst developing our star players.

A run of form due to seven different goalkeepers and a couple of totally key personnel meant end of last season drifted but we were solid throughout, great to watch at times and always a good balance of experience, youth and talent.

The problems this season all stem from that ridiculous decision.

For a manager leaving to have his name chanted and a standing ovation was a shocking indictment of what should be the termination of hoos and ferdinands reign.

This mythical stadium is even further away than it has ever been, we are on the edge of FFP regulations, the youth system is blatantly not fit for purpose and our league position, style has never been in more dire straights since our league one days 15 to 20 years ago.

Clearly a clean sweep is required but can see the likes of Hoos and Les staying and dragging us further into the mire.

Is it one win in seventeen !!

SHOCKING !!!!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 15:11]

I think you may have your rose tinted specs on! Post February the results were shocking, and if we are being honest, the performances before Xmas were not great, but we found a way to win games. Beale said when he joined the team were looking at the results rather than their performances.
Warburton ran his race, did well considering the circumstances, and bowed out with a lot of good will from the fans. That team was shot at the end though, as they should of made the playoffs minimum.
It could be argued that his first season, eith Eze, Bright, Manning, Chair, Wells and Hugill should have made the playoffs as well, but the defense was poor, something which he never fixed. And is still a big problem.

I still think it was the right decision to appoint Beale, but no one knew he was a twonk.
Should Critchley go? Probably, but then what?
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 17:45 - Feb 15 with 982 viewsbongo_king

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 16:58 - Feb 15 by ed_83

We all accept that Critchley inherited an awful situation, but he's clearly falling short. Why isn't he getting some defensive solidity instilled in the squad, making us harder to beat, setting some basic professional standards and dropping players when they fall short, bringing in younger players with a point to prove rather than playing the same mindless, lazy loans week in week out?

Like others, I'm in two minds - it feels like something is fundamentally rotten throughout the entire club, and I'm not sure that firing Critchley will change any of that. But surely *something* has to change soon, otherwise we're getting relegated.

Something about the last two games, and the total lack of fight or energy from the players, feels like a line in the sand. A week or two ago, I thought we'd muddle along playing mostly terrible football for the rest of the season, but sneak our way to the handful of points we needed in order to stay up.

As it stands right now, I struggle to see how this team, playing like this, under this management, does anything other than lose every single one of its remaining games and gets relegated.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 17:04]

Yep. Found myself looking at the remaining fixtures this morning, working out how we'll get 3 more wins or the equivalent. Struggled.

Hate calling for a managers head, particularly after such a short time but NC is entirely uninspiring. Just finished watching Arsenal all or nothing. Can't imagine Critchley having even 1/10th of the passion or motivational skills of Arteta. I can only ever think of Paul Hart when I see NC at the mo. I only seeing this change if he is replaced or someone parachuted in above him.

On the club/board... I'm not sure rotten is the word. Venkys, Karl Oysten, Mel Morris to name a few.. these are rotten, we're not near that. We'd largely previously agreed that the board were trying the right things.... trying to cut costs, trying to turn into a club for young talent. Their intentions are right but I'd call them consistently naive and underqualified, and its all coming to a head now. It's like they play draughts when the game is chess... I'd say this is how we end up with a load of loans pushed through by an old manager when we're meant to be developing... why BC can sell semenyo for 10m and we had, until a few months back a much better player in willock but no offers..... why niko is still on our books 3 years later with no hope... why we have players with good technical skills but poor characters... why our academy is producing nothing...

I agree a massive shakeup is needed after this... while also having that horrible feeling of "be careful what you wish for"
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 18:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024