Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brum v Qpr match thread. 22:22 - Oct 27 with 40592 viewsqpr_1968

i'm going 2-0 to the r's.

have a good safe journey all that are making the trip.....
hope my prediction comes true, you lot deserve it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:03 - Oct 28 with 2359 viewsNorthantsHoop

Awful performance tonight, miss a penalty can't expect a result. Brum had game wrapped up by half time and fair play to them they wanted it more. Two poor away performances on the bounce.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:03 - Oct 28 with 2342 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Just as we start stringing some decent results at home, our away form deserts us. Forget the ref, we deserved nothing from tonight.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:03 - Oct 28 with 2348 viewsMatch82

So big caveat that I missed the first 35 minutes. But I didn't think we were THAT bad. We weren't GOOD, don't get me wrong, definitely missing creativity, invention and belief in the final third and you aren't going to do well without that. But it's not as if we were pummeled.

Bbc stats, for what they are worth, have us as 65% possession, double the amount of shots Brum had, and 10 corners (to their 2). This wasn't a beating, or one of those games where we just didn't show up. This was Birmingham managing the game well, being clinical, and us missing Willock.

I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this one.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:04 - Oct 28 with 2329 viewsHadders

Obviously disappointing, but I only caught the second half and thought we were positive, tidy on the ball and if the pen had been scored, who knows. Still second - you RRRRS!
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 28 with 2263 viewsAntti_Heinola

slightly better second half, but deserved nothing, got nothing.
Need to be able to fight like we did at Sheff U. Penalty summed it up, but Hannibal should have been off and not sure why Deeney wasn't at minimum booked for barging the ref after the pen was given.
All in all a night forget, and of course the usual Dykes-haters are out in force, but you could have Benzema up front tonight and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Bare bones.

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:08 - Oct 28 with 2232 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:03 - Oct 28 by Match82

So big caveat that I missed the first 35 minutes. But I didn't think we were THAT bad. We weren't GOOD, don't get me wrong, definitely missing creativity, invention and belief in the final third and you aren't going to do well without that. But it's not as if we were pummeled.

Bbc stats, for what they are worth, have us as 65% possession, double the amount of shots Brum had, and 10 corners (to their 2). This wasn't a beating, or one of those games where we just didn't show up. This was Birmingham managing the game well, being clinical, and us missing Willock.

to be fair, we were just as bad v Wigan and won - although that might be a bad sign.

Bare bones.

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:08 - Oct 28 with 2227 viewsLogman

I think you are right. We were not awful over the course of the 90 minutes but we were too relaxed for the first thirty minutes when they were chomping at the bit and we paid the price. Somehow we need to be more urgent during the first thirty minutes when we play away from home.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:08 - Oct 28 with 2221 viewsRs_Holy

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:04 - Oct 28 by Hadders

Obviously disappointing, but I only caught the second half and thought we were positive, tidy on the ball and if the pen had been scored, who knows. Still second - you RRRRS!

yes, yes that all makes a lot of sense but how much did Ruddy have to do? not including the pen... (I suppose Dykes at least got it on target). We created NO clear cut chances in the 2nd half when we had sooooo much possession.
Login to get fewer ads

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:09 - Oct 28 with 2196 viewsGreenbay

Birmingham 2 QPR 0
This was not our night.
Dykes missing a penalty 10 minutes from time squashed all hope of a comeback.
But it was a lost cause to be fair.
Straight from the start we had no control — anywhere.
We did improve in the second half but it was nowhere near good enough.
And although their opening goal was a freak we just didn’t deserve anything.
A double injury blow within 6 minutes midway through the first half didn’t help.
First JCS and then Roberts — both subbed.
But we were already 1-0 down in the fourth minute after Trusty flicked the ball with his back to goal 10 yards out.
And it sailed over the defenders and Seny was off his line.
If Trusty meant that then he was a genius. But Birmingham deserved the lead.
Their second just before the half hour saw on-loan Longelo, beat Laird and scoring with a well-placed shot from the edge of the box.
More credit to Longelo than perhaps positioning from Seny.
Roberts, Amos, Tim, Dykes and sub Armstrong both twice, all had chances.
In fact statistics say we had more possession (65-35) more shots (15-7) and more corners (10-2). And that all means nothing.
But 2-0 down after 29 minutes — well that’s a long way back.
As many have said on this thread we were bullied and outplayed all over the park.
However let’s not despair.
The one good thing is that our team and MB (the first time I've seen him fuming in the dug-out) — having suffered defeats — do bounce back.
Let’s hope that happens in the four remaining matches before the World Cup begins.
Those matches are at Norwich on Wednesday, home to West Brom next Saturday, followed by home to Huddersfield 3 days later on Tuesday November 8 before our match at Coventry on Saturday November 12.
The lowest we can drop this weekend is to fourth.
Before the start of the season if you said fourth after 17 matches — we would all be ecstatic.
After 17 matches last season we had 26 points — so we’re still four points ahead of that tally.
Fourth is good and I’ll take a play-off spot now.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 2141 viewsBklynRanger

There were so many players below par tonight I thought. Tim was so far ahead of far more than half the team in effort and impact. Do we have to rely on one future star loanee to get anything going?

They obviously did a job on Ilias, and Laird - again. Beale has all the coaching background and is quality we know that, but he must know he's in a game now, which on it's own is no bad thing.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 22:13]
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 2134 viewsMick_S

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:02 - Oct 28 by dmm

That was a bad day at the office. We now see a glaring weakness in the team. We don't deal with physical opposition at all well. Luton did it before and Brum did it tonight. Beale will need to address this quickly because you can bet other sides will see this as a way to play us.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 22:03]

I agree, mate, but it’s a head scratcher- we have a few that can’t compete with that level of physical pressure. A full squad can outplay the bully boys, a depleted one can’t, especially when we lose a couple in a game. Fair play to Brum tonight, they deserved it. That penalty miss ( placed where the last one went, although not as well) did us tonight. Different game if that went in, but such is life.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:13 - Oct 28 with 2113 viewsdavman

Thing is, matey, we WERE that bad in the first 35 minutes you didn't see. They high pressed us, Sideshow Bob worked out that he could do what the f**k he liked and Timmy the ref would do nothing but book a QPR player for stating the bleedin' obvious.

You know what you are going to get when Robinson refs - mistakes and then doubling down on those mistakes. And Chuckles was 4th Official - the DREAM TEAM (if Lord Farquahar can't make it).

As soul destroying as the Luton game. I can take losing, but we were so off it and it felt inevitable from teh first whistle - sad. Could be a long week...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:14 - Oct 28 with 2088 viewsNorthLondonR

these games do happen, we were terrible and mundane and they were terrible but wanted it a little more. Just needed more energy throughout and some urgency, it'll return and I think thisll be a turning point. We were very poor tonight but we will be better next time ..
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:15 - Oct 28 with 2079 viewskensalriser

This was more like some of the insipid performances last season. Brum had all the intensity and we couldn't impose our game on them. Sure, we had a lot of the play in the last quarter but the game was gone and we were just being shepherded to FT.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:23 - Oct 28 with 1919 viewsDamo1962

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:07 - Oct 28 by Antti_Heinola

slightly better second half, but deserved nothing, got nothing.
Need to be able to fight like we did at Sheff U. Penalty summed it up, but Hannibal should have been off and not sure why Deeney wasn't at minimum booked for barging the ref after the pen was given.
All in all a night forget, and of course the usual Dykes-haters are out in force, but you could have Benzema up front tonight and it wouldn't have made a difference.

A decent striker would make a difference - but you keep thinking otherwise if it makes you happy. I don't hate Dykes...I just don't think he is good enough for this level. That isn't his fault by the way.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:26 - Oct 28 with 1888 viewsBurnleyhoop

Individually did we win our battles in that first half?

Nobody did and Birmingham deserved their lead. We might have had more possession, but they were shithousing all the way through the second half and sat back inviting us on to break them down.

That first half performance was not good enough. Some players clearly beginning to believe their own hype.

You win your battles first and wait for the quality to win the game. Not enough of either tonight.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:27 - Oct 28 with 1886 viewsjoe90

A few questionable decisions from the ref aside, we didn’t really deserve anything from that.

We need to focus on a better performance against Norwich, can’t let one bad game knock us off our stride.

Thanks to those who contributed the comms on this thread. Much appreciated.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 23:12]
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:30 - Oct 28 with 1845 viewsaston_hoop

One of those games, a perfect storm of the fact that Eustace has got Birmingham into gear and knows us. Not dissimilar to the Luton game, we followed that up with 6 points. Second place, 30 points.

Now for the negative....JCS and Roberts are becoming a bit of a problem aren't they? Can't get a run of games out of them. Maybe Roberts will find those small niggles disappear once the World Cup is over and he no longer has to risk it, but JCS is an excellent centre back when fit and keeps breaking down

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:38 - Oct 28 with 1750 viewsVancouverHoop

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:30 - Oct 28 by aston_hoop

One of those games, a perfect storm of the fact that Eustace has got Birmingham into gear and knows us. Not dissimilar to the Luton game, we followed that up with 6 points. Second place, 30 points.

Now for the negative....JCS and Roberts are becoming a bit of a problem aren't they? Can't get a run of games out of them. Maybe Roberts will find those small niggles disappear once the World Cup is over and he no longer has to risk it, but JCS is an excellent centre back when fit and keeps breaking down

The way JCS's leg went over in that tackle did look pretty scary. Roberts, I dunno, he laid on a great chance for Dykes early on, but aside from that...Hmmm!

I hate to say it but we maybe need someone like Brum's Horrible Hannibal. Somebody with a bit of 'nasty' in them.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:41 - Oct 28 with 1719 viewsBklynRanger

Mick seemed a bit scornful, or at least irritable, about Eustace knowing some of our players when asked during the week. Presume that was professional rivalry sort of thing, but he did get done tonight and he does need to learn from that, ref or no ref.

He didn't look too happy afterwards understandably, still holding his book. May not be the worst thing if he can come up with a response.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:42 - Oct 28 with 1711 viewsMick_S

I’ve relaxed a bit now. I think they just had far too much hair going on for us. It’s a tough one for Mick to deal with.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:43 - Oct 28 with 1693 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:42 - Oct 28 by Mick_S

I’ve relaxed a bit now. I think they just had far too much hair going on for us. It’s a tough one for Mick to deal with.

Beale has to sort our hair out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:45 - Oct 28 with 1659 viewsqueensparker

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:42 - Oct 28 by Mick_S

Agreed.

We need to get on an aggressive Afro growth programme, Birmingham had us nailed.

Some proper springy barnets going on
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:47 - Oct 28 with 1635 viewsNortholt_Rs

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:30 - Oct 28 by aston_hoop

Except it’s not just one of those games is it? We were completely outplayed by Luton, very lucky at home to Wigan and failed to turn up tonight. Feel sorry for all those who turned out tonight to watch that half hearted stinking pile of cack. Big bounce back needed vs Naaarwich.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:50 - Oct 28 with 1598 viewsdistortR

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:43 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Beale has to sort our hair out.

crinigerous bastards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024