Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Officials tonight 23:34 - Aug 16 with 9608 viewsactonman

Putting aside the performance but if the efl are just going to let this sh!thousery and cheating go unpunished by letting referees ignore it by adding 4 mins extra time at the end of games considering we have up to 10 substitutes to allow for , players having near death experiences on the pitch , water breaks etc then what’s the point ?
As for the Lino at the elleslie road side , blatant cheating and no fcuks given
Officials tonight on 14:08 - Aug 17 with 1716 viewsrobith

WHile the officials were very poor last night....are we really a fan base that is going to lob a full bottle of beer at a lino? Very poor I thought, and we should be grateful the culprit's aim was off
Officials tonight on 14:40 - Aug 17 with 1669 viewsstanistheman

Officials tonight on 14:08 - Aug 17 by robith

WHile the officials were very poor last night....are we really a fan base that is going to lob a full bottle of beer at a lino? Very poor I thought, and we should be grateful the culprit's aim was off

Totally agree.
The fan should be ashamed and I hope he is found, banned and charged by the police!

Was the Lino G Singh’s son?
anyone old enough on here will recall him from refereeing a QPR V Spurs match at Loftus Road in the late 80s or Early 90s. He was absolutely dreadful in that game.
Officials tonight on 14:56 - Aug 17 with 1640 viewsconnell10

Officials tonight on 23:38 - Aug 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

At one point Armstrong had his shirt pulled for so long it looked like Dominic Thompson was taking a Bull Mastiff for a walk.

Someone’s going to get nicked for throwing that pint on the pitch too.

Disgusting waste of beer !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Officials tonight on 15:00 - Aug 17 with 1632 viewslightwaterhoop

Officials tonight on 23:53 - Aug 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Listened to the latest Undr The Cosh episode by former ref Kevin Lynch on the way home and he says England can’t even fulfil it’s 10 FIFA class referee quota.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 19:40]

Thank god he's a former red.Seen sense i presume!
Officials tonight on 15:17 - Aug 17 with 1595 viewsPinnerPaul

Having watched the Sunderland game back, I didn't actually think 4 minutes was that bad - maybe should have been 5, but Sunderland no where near as bad as Blackpool.

Now we don't have a stop/start clock in football and we have the now frankly hopelessly inadequate method of determining added time - ie the referee deciding what is acceptable/expected.

BUT having said that even using that method

5 subs = 2 1/2 mins - ours less than 30 secs, but theirs longer.

Half a dozen 'injuries' even at 30 seconds each, that's 5 1/2 mins, 30 seconds for time wasting and that's 6 - minimum - 4 was just ridiculous.

AR SB stand - Only seen live, but the 'offside' for their goal just isn't - player let ball run between his legs - as per the definition in the LOTG, that is NOT offside.

Corner/GK shout near the end - in real time that's a 50/50 call, so officials will go with the safe GK option.

Ball in/out of play - prepared to trust him on those, fans/players appeal everytime ball goes near the line.

Pull on Armstrong near the end, not withstanding that its difficult for AR to apply advantage and has to wait and see - him/ref have to call that after SA couldn't get away.

The number 23 stealing yards at EVETRY throw, just give one to us (As per LOTG) and it stops - easy refereeing, no excuse for ignoring that so many times.

Yellow cards all fine and don't think ref missed any.
Officials tonight on 15:30 - Aug 17 with 1580 viewsWatfordR

Officials tonight on 15:17 - Aug 17 by PinnerPaul

Having watched the Sunderland game back, I didn't actually think 4 minutes was that bad - maybe should have been 5, but Sunderland no where near as bad as Blackpool.

Now we don't have a stop/start clock in football and we have the now frankly hopelessly inadequate method of determining added time - ie the referee deciding what is acceptable/expected.

BUT having said that even using that method

5 subs = 2 1/2 mins - ours less than 30 secs, but theirs longer.

Half a dozen 'injuries' even at 30 seconds each, that's 5 1/2 mins, 30 seconds for time wasting and that's 6 - minimum - 4 was just ridiculous.

AR SB stand - Only seen live, but the 'offside' for their goal just isn't - player let ball run between his legs - as per the definition in the LOTG, that is NOT offside.

Corner/GK shout near the end - in real time that's a 50/50 call, so officials will go with the safe GK option.

Ball in/out of play - prepared to trust him on those, fans/players appeal everytime ball goes near the line.

Pull on Armstrong near the end, not withstanding that its difficult for AR to apply advantage and has to wait and see - him/ref have to call that after SA couldn't get away.

The number 23 stealing yards at EVETRY throw, just give one to us (As per LOTG) and it stops - easy refereeing, no excuse for ignoring that so many times.

Yellow cards all fine and don't think ref missed any.

As ever Paul, I always admire the fact that you post in response to all this stuff. Many thanks for your perserverence! I'd just say those 6 minutes you've accounted for don't include the two minutes plus that it took to rearrange Laird's facial features.

Regards determining the amount of added time, I'd certainly be in favour of the "time off" system used by refs in rugby, but failing that, is there a reason why the fourth official couldn't be made responsible to determine time lost. Just seems to me he'd have a lot less distraction that the man in the middle.
Officials tonight on 15:40 - Aug 17 with 1553 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 07:04 - Aug 17 by ozranger

If this referee was being assessed, he would have failed, perhaps a 4 out of 10. Not on the shithousery or lack of added time as per all the discussion above but owing to his total incorrect following of the directives given together with the current laws.

There was an incident in the first half. JoJo made a tackle that caused two of their players to go down and get treated on the field of play. After the treatment, neither player went off the field and both remained on and a free kick was taken. It is a simple situation that happens in every game and every official knows what to do. Here, it just showed the total incompetence of all four officials, not one of them abiding by the directives given re injured players being treated on the field of play.

Love to know Pinner's comment on this and if the ref chat had also picked it up.

Technically wrong BUT this is the exact wording of the exemption

" players from the same team have collided and need attention"

So you can see what I mean by "technically wrong but"
Officials tonight on 15:45 - Aug 17 with 1541 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 10:18 - Aug 17 by daveB

The players have a part to play, this nonsence of just dropping to the floor holding your face to get the game stopped is ridiculous. Refs have to clamp down on it but it's not easy as if they ignore the player and there is something seriously wrong they'd be finished.

Yes, we've said that before. When the number 23 had the non injury in the 2nd half, his teammate had a genuine injury at the same time and had to go off.

They were 80 yards apart, no way can the referee make medical assessment of any injury.

I agree its down to the players, but also us fans, we're all the same, as are Nick and Andy - fine when we do it - "good game management"- but not when its done to us.

I've read on here us all laughing at Stef's 'cramp' , Albert dropping the ball 3 times last season and the praise for England women 'managing the game' v Germany.

Fans need to start booing their own team when they do it - NEVER going to happen I know, but then the clubs aren't going to lead it are they?
Login to get fewer ads

Officials tonight on 15:47 - Aug 17 with 1533 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 11:36 - Aug 17 by francisbowles

They got five subs so they can plan for such a thing. Either play for ten minutes a man short or sub the player, your choice.

If it happens after all subs have been used, then tough luck as with any other injury.

BUT as Ozranger implies, clubs will just use that to their advantage - as they do most laws!

It HAS to come from the clubs.
Officials tonight on 15:52 - Aug 17 with 1526 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 15:30 - Aug 17 by WatfordR

As ever Paul, I always admire the fact that you post in response to all this stuff. Many thanks for your perserverence! I'd just say those 6 minutes you've accounted for don't include the two minutes plus that it took to rearrange Laird's facial features.

Regards determining the amount of added time, I'd certainly be in favour of the "time off" system used by refs in rugby, but failing that, is there a reason why the fourth official couldn't be made responsible to determine time lost. Just seems to me he'd have a lot less distraction that the man in the middle.

Thanks.

Yes, the point I was trying to make was even using the wrong/inadequate/guesswork method we use now, it has to be at least 6.

No doubt if you can bear to watch the 90' again (I can't) the actual time 'lost' is probably around 10 minutes.
Officials tonight on 15:53 - Aug 17 with 1517 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 15:30 - Aug 17 by WatfordR

Sorry, should have added - at this level, yes why not give it to the 4th - although he would get 1 manager every match complain about the time added, but then they spend 90' standing there getting moaned at now, so no difference!
Officials tonight on 16:04 - Aug 17 with 1481 viewsNorthernr

The "clampdown on time wasting" is going well isn't it?

Absolute horse sht.
Officials tonight on 16:13 - Aug 17 with 1454 viewsPhilmyRs

Haven’t felt that incensed about time since that man u equaliser all those years ago. Even if you missed the disgraceful time wasting - the subs and our guys head injury as a minimum should make it around 5-6 mins. Add on their own players injuries we’ve got to be talking 7-8 mins.

First time I felt the stick dished out to the AR actually made him deliberately go against us on some tight calls too. It does make me lose interest in watching the game when it’s played like this.
Officials tonight on 16:14 - Aug 17 with 1443 viewsParkRoyalR

Officials tonight on 16:04 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Absolute horse sht.

Agree, 10 minute off the pitch mandatory HIA or similar might dissuade this from continually happening, with Referee immediately signalling he has stopped his watch.

Something has to be done about it!
Officials tonight on 16:16 - Aug 17 with 1445 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 16:04 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Absolute horse sht.

Its the same as all the other 'clampdowns' there have been over the years, a complete farce or more accurately the epitome of being seen to be doing something whilst actually not doing anything about it at all!
Officials tonight on 16:19 - Aug 17 with 1410 viewsdaveB

Officials tonight on 15:52 - Aug 17 by PinnerPaul

Thanks.

Yes, the point I was trying to make was even using the wrong/inadequate/guesswork method we use now, it has to be at least 6.

No doubt if you can bear to watch the 90' again (I can't) the actual time 'lost' is probably around 10 minutes.

it was the little things that got me last night like when paal went down the ref insisted he walked across the pitch rather than the 2 yards to behind the goal, he did the same with Blackpool players second half, just invited having the piss taken out him.

Every corner he stopped it being taken to warn everyone about shirt pulling and holding, every time they did it anyway and he just played on

He didn't even warn them once about the time wasting, at least most refs pretend to do something about it.

We've had worse refs but combined with the team being a bit shit I was furious after the game.
Officials tonight on 16:24 - Aug 17 with 1383 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 16:19 - Aug 17 by daveB

it was the little things that got me last night like when paal went down the ref insisted he walked across the pitch rather than the 2 yards to behind the goal, he did the same with Blackpool players second half, just invited having the piss taken out him.

Every corner he stopped it being taken to warn everyone about shirt pulling and holding, every time they did it anyway and he just played on

He didn't even warn them once about the time wasting, at least most refs pretend to do something about it.

We've had worse refs but combined with the team being a bit shit I was furious after the game.

The corner talking is another of the 'clampdowns' I mentioned in another post.

"Lets do something about the holding etc"

"Yes, I know, we'll get the referees to warn the players"

"And if it continues?"

"We'll ignore it anyway of course"

Its like the time wasting the clubs don't actually want the refs to do anything about it.

Remember when Mike Dean started calling it - everyone was in uproar - he stopped

In the World Cup - Howard Webb gave a penalty after issuing a warning - there was a global outcry and he received death threats!
Officials tonight on 16:32 - Aug 17 with 1371 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Officials tonight on 15:45 - Aug 17 by PinnerPaul

Yes, we've said that before. When the number 23 had the non injury in the 2nd half, his teammate had a genuine injury at the same time and had to go off.

They were 80 yards apart, no way can the referee make medical assessment of any injury.

I agree its down to the players, but also us fans, we're all the same, as are Nick and Andy - fine when we do it - "good game management"- but not when its done to us.

I've read on here us all laughing at Stef's 'cramp' , Albert dropping the ball 3 times last season and the praise for England women 'managing the game' v Germany.

Fans need to start booing their own team when they do it - NEVER going to happen I know, but then the clubs aren't going to lead it are they?

I don’t know if I agree that a player going down, having treatment and then subsequently going off means they have a genuine injury.

In any case, I think the occasion that you’re referring to with a player down on halfway and number 23 down on the goal line both players continued afterwards. There was another stoppage a while later where the player went off injured. If my memory serves me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Officials tonight on 16:34 - Aug 17 with 1355 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 16:32 - Aug 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don’t know if I agree that a player going down, having treatment and then subsequently going off means they have a genuine injury.

In any case, I think the occasion that you’re referring to with a player down on halfway and number 23 down on the goal line both players continued afterwards. There was another stoppage a while later where the player went off injured. If my memory serves me.

It was their number 8, down in our half and he DID go off.
Officials tonight on 16:39 - Aug 17 with 1331 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Officials tonight on 16:34 - Aug 17 by PinnerPaul

It was their number 8, down in our half and he DID go off.

Ok I thought that number 8 continued for a bit then went down for a second time but might be wrong.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Officials tonight on 17:09 - Aug 17 with 1248 viewsrobith

As someone who watches a lot of rugby, it is absolutely mind boggling how someone can just go down with a head injury, get the game stopped, then carry on.

Blackpool's right back went down so many times last night I started to think "If he had actually hit his head that many times, why are we waving him back on to add to the enormous concussion he's suffered????"
Officials tonight on 17:11 - Aug 17 with 1246 viewsChesterfieldR

The solution already exists. The officials just have to apply the laws of the game.
For example, the laws state that no treatment for injury must take place on the field of play, and the game must proceed asap. A throw in must be taken at the exact point where the ball left the field of play. The goalie cannot hold the ball for more than 6 seconds. Has any goalie EVER been carded twice for this?
And so on.
When these instances and many others get ignored by the officials, it is dismissed as ‘good game management’, whereas in fact it is the complete opposite. If the officials and their masters strap a pair on and try applying all the laws not just the ones they won’t get shouted at about, we would soon see a real difference.
Officials tonight on 17:21 - Aug 17 with 1207 viewsPinnerPaul

Officials tonight on 17:11 - Aug 17 by ChesterfieldR

The solution already exists. The officials just have to apply the laws of the game.
For example, the laws state that no treatment for injury must take place on the field of play, and the game must proceed asap. A throw in must be taken at the exact point where the ball left the field of play. The goalie cannot hold the ball for more than 6 seconds. Has any goalie EVER been carded twice for this?
And so on.
When these instances and many others get ignored by the officials, it is dismissed as ‘good game management’, whereas in fact it is the complete opposite. If the officials and their masters strap a pair on and try applying all the laws not just the ones they won’t get shouted at about, we would soon see a real difference.

See your point, but as mentioned above, once the officials start to do just that then the managers/clubs moan and the 'initiatives' are quietly dropped.
Officials tonight on 18:39 - Aug 17 with 1127 viewsQPROslo

Apart from not adding about 15 minutes additional time last night I thought the Officials were letting way too many bad tackles, holding shirts go unpunished, especially towards the end when they let everything go, except complaining which Dickie got a yellow for I think.
Officials tonight on 18:44 - Aug 17 with 1117 viewsRangersw12

Officials were poor but they didn't effect the result
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024