Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial 10:02 - Jul 27 with 3443 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/youngster-who-fled-ukraine-could-join-qpr

Good luck to the lad
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 10:38 - Jul 27 with 3334 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Another midfielder!

Shame we couldn't have found the bastard love child of Shevchenko and got ourselves a new striker!
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 10:53 - Jul 27 with 3268 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 11:07 - Jul 27 with 3204 viewsflynnbo

I think there was a TV news story about this young man. Hope it works out for all concerned parties.
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 15:27 - Jul 27 with 2936 viewsBoston

'Ukrainian Youngster on Trial', is also the lead story in New England this morning. He'll probably get a twenty plus year contract ...in the local penitentiary as sympathy for his country of origin is not going to sway the judge much when you've killed seven motorcyclists while driving an HGV high on drugs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 15:35 - Jul 27 with 2893 viewsLandshark

Does anyone know what's happening with Ukranian football?

Obviously the teams are not playing at the moment so what happens with the players? Are they still contracted to teams or are they free to play for other teams?
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 17:34 - Jul 27 with 2715 viewsnumptydumpty

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 15:35 - Jul 27 by Landshark

Obviously the teams are not playing at the moment so what happens with the players? Are they still contracted to teams or are they free to play for other teams?

Seriously !!

Are you for real...

Not the right response..

Ie Their players if they are 18 or over are not allowed out legally of Ukraine. They fighting in the war to protect their families lives.

This young man left Ukraine, the day before he turned 18.

I live in Bracknell and friend mine is heavily involved in the club and wanted do this young man a favour.

Turns out he is an exceptionally talented young man and has come to our attention, whilst rest his family all staying in Ukraine. Ie adults.

But he played 4 games for Bracknell and scored 10 goals. To me if he is a midfielder, not sure about that.

But it's incredibly impressive considering his families lives in such danger. An inspiration, you could say.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 17:50 - Jul 27 with 2645 viewsarmyranger

so he left ukraine 1 day before he was 18 to avoid conscription fighting for his country , whilst his fellow ukranians are fighting bravely to defend there country from invasion , we do not need cowards like this any where near my club
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 18:20 - Jul 27 with 2556 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 17:50 - Jul 27 by armyranger

so he left ukraine 1 day before he was 18 to avoid conscription fighting for his country , whilst his fellow ukranians are fighting bravely to defend there country from invasion , we do not need cowards like this any where near my club

He could have been sent away to look after his Mother and/or kids, for all we know.

We have no idea of his circumstances, and even if we did let's not get all gung-ho about it. Not everyone agrees with violence, not everyone thinks the same, it's not for us to judge.

Edit - or sent away to make money to provide for his family?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 19:10]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 18:29 - Jul 27 with 2522 viewsfrancisbowles

It's 2022. Surely we are past making instant judgements and labelling people for their beliefs or choices.
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 2471 viewsLandshark

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 17:34 - Jul 27 by numptydumpty

Seriously !!

Are you for real...

Not the right response..

Ie Their players if they are 18 or over are not allowed out legally of Ukraine. They fighting in the war to protect their families lives.

This young man left Ukraine, the day before he turned 18.

I live in Bracknell and friend mine is heavily involved in the club and wanted do this young man a favour.

Turns out he is an exceptionally talented young man and has come to our attention, whilst rest his family all staying in Ukraine. Ie adults.

But he played 4 games for Bracknell and scored 10 goals. To me if he is a midfielder, not sure about that.

But it's incredibly impressive considering his families lives in such danger. An inspiration, you could say.

So you're telling me that all professional Ukrainian footballers are currently fighting for their country? Why have we not heard of many players dying? I've encountered several Ukrainian men that left the country since the war broke out.

I think you have completely misunderstood my post. I meant no ill towards the Ukrainian people, just curious how for example a transfer like this would work if he's still contracted to Kiev.
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 18:51 - Jul 27 with 2454 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting 'first' post.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 18:57 - Jul 27 with 2423 viewsMatch82

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 18:29 - Jul 27 by francisbowles

It's 2022. Surely we are past making instant judgements and labelling people for their beliefs or choices.

Should be. But I'm going to ignore that and make an instant judgement on the poster here by saying that his name doesn't exactly imply neutrality on this particular issue...
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 20:44 - Jul 27 with 2199 viewsQPR_Hibs

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 18:46 - Jul 27 by Landshark

So you're telling me that all professional Ukrainian footballers are currently fighting for their country? Why have we not heard of many players dying? I've encountered several Ukrainian men that left the country since the war broke out.

I think you have completely misunderstood my post. I meant no ill towards the Ukrainian people, just curious how for example a transfer like this would work if he's still contracted to Kiev.

Players contracted to clubs in the Ukraine have been allowed a temporary suspension of that contract until 30 June 2023.

https://www.fifa.com/legal/media-releases/fifa-extends-temporary-employment-rule
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 20:45]

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 2099 viewsHoopstar

Fulham are signing an Israeli winger on loan from Shakthar Donetsk under that deal I saw - Manor Solomon
Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 21:26 - Jul 27 with 2030 viewsQPR_Hibs

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 21:01 - Jul 27 by Hoopstar

Fulham are signing an Israeli winger on loan from Shakthar Donetsk under that deal I saw - Manor Solomon

Shakhtar Donetsk are far from happy with FIFA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62206363

Bloody football agents seem to be doing alright out of it.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 23:03 - Jul 27 with 1828 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ukrainian Youngster on Trial on 15:35 - Jul 27 by Landshark

I don't really know anything about it, but I see that Dynamo Kyiv won 2-1 v Fenerbahce (playing in Turkey) tonight in a Champs League qualifier, so presumably there is some football going on?

Somewhere like Lviv is hundreds of miles from the fighting and although there have been rocket attacks they are quite rare there, so I would not be totally surprised if there was football. People need entertainment even in war, maybe more so.

Anyway good luck to this bloke, especially if we sign him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024