Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 114421 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:22 - Mar 4 with 2762 viewsNorthernr

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:15 - Mar 4 by Sonofpugwash

Wonder how long it will be before we no longer see those tv Meerkats with the Russian accents?

They've already been pulled. Only positive thing about the whole situation.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:22 - Mar 4 with 2761 viewsJeff

Wonder how long it will be before we no longer see those tv Meerkats with the Russian accents?

If ONE good thing comes out of all of this, it could be that.

Someone somewhere is sitting on a Yacht, paid for purely by the fact that the word 'Market' sounds a tiny little bit like 'Meerkat'

this Meerkat/Market campaign is nearly 15 years old for christ sakes!

Can we not knock it?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:28 - Mar 4 with 2726 viewsdaveB

about a week ago
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:28 - Mar 4 with 2725 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:02 - Mar 4 by wood_hoop

You may wonder why the sanctions are so tepid, maybe just one of the anwsers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNAA1v0WQAA0zS6?format=jpg&name=small

That's about £400,000. The price of a 1 bed flat in Cricklewood.

Amazing how such small sums of money have had such a huge impact. Utter failure on the part of the Government.

[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 11:33]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:31 - Mar 4 with 2703 viewsSonofpugwash

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:22 - Mar 4 by Northernr

They've already been pulled. Only positive thing about the whole situation.

About bleedin' time.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:01 - Mar 4 with 2610 viewsToast_R

The Feline Federation has banned Russian cats from entering its shows. If only Zouma had one of those, he'd be seen in a whole different light.

My wife has one of this Russian dolls upstairs which her brother brought back from Moscow in the 90s. Into the incinerator.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:32 - Mar 4 with 2518 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:01 - Mar 4 by Toast_R

The Feline Federation has banned Russian cats from entering its shows. If only Zouma had one of those, he'd be seen in a whole different light.

My wife has one of this Russian dolls upstairs which her brother brought back from Moscow in the 90s. Into the incinerator.

I think we need to be careful about not incinerating, realistically or figuratively, a culture that by and large doesn't want this and is being carried out by the whims of a kleptocractic madman.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:02 - Mar 4 with 2442 viewsR_from_afar

Two developments which may help stop this madness:
- An international "army" of hackers is being formed with the aim of crippling Russia
- The Ukrainien newspaper Pravda has obtained, and publicly leaked, the personal data of 120,000 Russian soldiers fighting in Ukraine

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:20 - Mar 4 with 2382 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:32 - Mar 4 by Juzzie

I think we need to be careful about not incinerating, realistically or figuratively, a culture that by and large doesn't want this and is being carried out by the whims of a kleptocractic madman.

Completely agree.

In my lifetime the biggest warmongering Nation by far has been the U.S., yet - quite rightly - European society has blamed its Estabishment and not its citizens.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:26 - Mar 4 with 2354 viewsgobbles

Since pressure has been put on Abramovich, it is difficult to tell apart the Russian bots and the Chelsea fans. Just been reading some "loyal Blues" slagging off the Klitschko brothers. Unbelievable.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 13:26]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:30 - Mar 4 with 2321 viewsstowmarketrange

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:32 - Mar 4 by Juzzie

Who knows how many of the Russian people are being conned into supporting the war by Putin’s lies?
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:32 - Mar 4 with 2315 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not sure what is happening wherever you are reading this, but a mate in a neighbouring village says people there have been contacted by the local mayor to see if they would be prepared to take in a Ukrainian family.

Whereas I read that some a-hole of an MP in Blighty said Ukrainians could apply to enter the UK to pick fruit.

Not sure who the MP in question was, but I'd add them to the queue behind Vlad of those in need of a bloody good shoeing!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:42 - Mar 4 with 2280 viewsSonofpugwash

Chicken Kievs now rebranded as Chicken Kyivs in Sainsburys.
No more Russian Salad presumably....

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:44 - Mar 4 with 2280 viewsthemodfather

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:32 - Mar 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Not sure what is happening wherever you are reading this, but a mate in a neighbouring village says people there have been contacted by the local mayor to see if they would be prepared to take in a Ukrainian family.

Whereas I read that some a-hole of an MP in Blighty said Ukrainians could apply to enter the UK to pick fruit.

Not sure who the MP in question was, but I'd add them to the queue behind Vlad of those in need of a bloody good shoeing!

Shelling a Nuclear plant ffs! Bad enough little Putin has missiles on standby thus is crazy ! Surely all Russians and anyone near Chernobyl knows the dangers? Still , no sanctions on Roman his back handlers paying off !
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:50 - Mar 4 with 2251 viewsflynnbo

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:32 - Mar 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Kevin Foster, Tory MP for Torbay and a Home Office minister in a since deleted tweet.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:53 - Mar 4 with 2221 viewsSonofpugwash

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:44 - Mar 4 by themodfather

Shelling a Nuclear plant ffs! Bad enough little Putin has missiles on standby thus is crazy ! Surely all Russians and anyone near Chernobyl knows the dangers? Still , no sanctions on Roman his back handlers paying off !

Very alarming development,a breach of the core buildings highly possible.
Chernobyl hasn't gone away of course,all those tanks and heavy vehicles churning things up has seen automatic monitoring devices peaking the radiation at 92,000 RADS against the "normal" levels of 3,000.Let's hope the prevailing winds continue to blow from the west.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:02 - Mar 4 with 2172 viewsDWQPR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:26 - Mar 4 by gobbles

Since pressure has been put on Abramovich, it is difficult to tell apart the Russian bots and the Chelsea fans. Just been reading some "loyal Blues" slagging off the Klitschko brothers. Unbelievable.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 13:26]

You seen the front page of today's Daily Star. It should be framed.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:32 - Mar 4 with 2101 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:30 - Mar 4 by stowmarketrange

Who knows how many of the Russian people are being conned into supporting the war by Putin’s lies?

Plenty, without doubt. I do think the demonstrations in Moscow last week showed plenty realise what really is going on.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:33 - Mar 4 with 2085 viewsstowmarketrange

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:32 - Mar 4 by Juzzie

Plenty, without doubt. I do think the demonstrations in Moscow last week showed plenty realise what really is going on.

Let’s hope so.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:35 - Mar 4 with 2078 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:50 - Mar 4 by flynnbo

Kevin Foster, Tory MP for Torbay and a Home Office minister in a since deleted tweet.

Given that knighthoods are now handed out for services to incompetence, no doubt this prize plum is inline for diligently upholding the principles of ignorance.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:59 - Mar 4 with 2026 viewsPlanetHonneywood

....and despite abstaining in the vote before the UNSC, our friends in the Middle Kingdom will not show English Premiership games due to the support for Ukraine shown by the Prem and 19 of its clubs.

Utter shithousery!

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:10 - Mar 4 with 1994 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Seen lots of footage of interviews with captured Russian soldiers. I can’t help but think back to 1917 and the role of returning Russian soldiers in starting the ball rolling for revolution and the deposing of the Tsar. Let’s hope they go home and do the same again for Russias latest autocrat.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:10 - Mar 4 with 1994 viewsBklynRanger

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:20 - Mar 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Completely agree.

In my lifetime the biggest warmongering Nation by far has been the U.S., yet - quite rightly - European society has blamed its Estabishment and not its citizens.

Very true. The only Russian citizens I've seen on TV have been protesting the war - which is an act of bravery in itself considering the risk of arrest - quite a few pics of traumatised people of all ages getting led off by police in riot gear. I marched against the Iraq war like millions of others at the time but under far, far easier circumstances.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:20 - Mar 4 with 1770 viewsPunteR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:21 - Mar 3 by toboboly

I don't think that is the best mentality if your country gets invaded. You wouldn't fight for the UK?

I would do what I can. But sometimes you have to accept defeat. I can't see how Ukraine will win this and keep the death toll to a minimum.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:38 - Mar 4 with 3407 viewsessextaxiboy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:02 - Mar 4 by wood_hoop

You may wonder why the sanctions are so tepid, maybe just one of the anwsers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNAA1v0WQAA0zS6?format=jpg&name=small

The whole lot comes to around 400k ..that's peanuts Rishi Sunak is worth a billion .He doesn't have to jump for 6k .
IMO The reason for delay is law firms challenging the legality of sanctions to buy time . They should be ashamed .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024