Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deadline day thread 16:25 - Jan 25 with 78603 viewsNorthernr

May as well try and keep all this together for the next week.

Demebele withdrawn from Peterborough squad ahead of possible Bournemouth move.
V good against us.

Further reduces the possibility of them pulling their fingers out and relegating bloody Reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deadline day thread on 18:02 - Jan 27 with 4926 viewsQPROslo

Deadline day thread on 10:04 - Jan 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Me too. Excellent attitude.

Don't follow the logic in Baĺl leaving at all. He played reasonably well as back up for Field the first half of the season to date at least. There was a lot of space in front of our back 3 which Field seems to have reduced since his return. But shirley we still need Ball as backup for Field at DCM if god forbid Field gets another injury, suspension or needs a rest. I really don't see Amos, Thomas or Dozzell as DCM's, Dozzell maybe later in his career but not yet.
Deadline day thread on 19:29 - Jan 27 with 4534 viewsgolborne

Deadline day thread on 17:10 - Jan 27 by aston_hoop

Wolves current manager got a successful season out of Chris Willock once in the Portuguese second division, best not be buttering us up for a bid there!

Really, I thought we managed to get him cos it was a bit of a disastrous period for him? The ex Arsenal fella in our recruitment team knew of him and his situation, and pointed/sounded him out, as he knew there was something there.
Deadline day thread on 20:05 - Jan 27 with 4371 viewsaston_hoop

Deadline day thread on 19:29 - Jan 27 by golborne

Really, I thought we managed to get him cos it was a bit of a disastrous period for him? The ex Arsenal fella in our recruitment team knew of him and his situation, and pointed/sounded him out, as he knew there was something there.

It was the B team he was doing well for who were managed by Lage for some of that time. I think the issue more than anything was that he wasn't going to make it into the A team and wanted to come back to England? I could be wrong though. Certainly Neil Banfield was a big factor in that deal though.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Deadline day thread on 20:25 - Jan 27 with 4248 viewsDorse

Deadline day thread on 10:02 - Jan 27 by sparkey

Would be sad to see Ball go, has been a good servant.

Dorse does not approve. Dom Ball = cult hero.

I said cult.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Deadline day thread on 20:39 - Jan 27 with 4146 viewsStainrod

Deadline day thread on 18:02 - Jan 27 by QPROslo

Don't follow the logic in Baĺl leaving at all. He played reasonably well as back up for Field the first half of the season to date at least. There was a lot of space in front of our back 3 which Field seems to have reduced since his return. But shirley we still need Ball as backup for Field at DCM if god forbid Field gets another injury, suspension or needs a rest. I really don't see Amos, Thomas or Dozzell as DCM's, Dozzell maybe later in his career but not yet.

I like Ball and great attitude - BUT we have very limited budget. We are crying out for attacking re-infocements. I would call Field and Dozzell defensive midfielders and Stef/ Amos can do a job there so think we are covered.
Deadline day thread on 20:48 - Jan 27 with 4083 viewsaston_hoop

Surprised De Wijs isnt wanted. Means we'd keep Ball

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-defender-de-wijs-could-make-surprise-mov
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 20:49]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Deadline day thread on 20:52 - Jan 27 with 4053 viewsdanehoop

Deadline day thread on 20:48 - Jan 27 by aston_hoop

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-defender-de-wijs-could-make-surprise-mov

That does seem an odd move. Unless they want him to get some games in a less pressured environment so he is fully up to match fitness presumably for next season (given how many games he has missed so far). Maybe he has asked for it equally to get some games under his belt as he is unlikely to walk straight back into the first team now even if one of our current back 3 gets injured.

Never knowingly understood

Deadline day thread on 21:03 - Jan 27 with 3956 viewsDavieQPR

Ball's contract is up at the end of the season and maybe he doesn't want to sign another. Therefore makes sense to try and get a couple of bob for him now.
Login to get fewer ads

Deadline day thread on 21:09 - Jan 27 with 3897 viewsDorse

Deadline day thread on 21:03 - Jan 27 by DavieQPR

Ball's contract is up at the end of the season and maybe he doesn't want to sign another. Therefore makes sense to try and get a couple of bob for him now.

There aren't enough bobs in the world to replace Ball.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Deadline day thread on 21:34 - Jan 27 with 3757 viewsdavman

Deadline day thread on 20:52 - Jan 27 by danehoop

That does seem an odd move. Unless they want him to get some games in a less pressured environment so he is fully up to match fitness presumably for next season (given how many games he has missed so far). Maybe he has asked for it equally to get some games under his belt as he is unlikely to walk straight back into the first team now even if one of our current back 3 gets injured.

Odd on one level maybe, but there is no way we should have 5 CBs of the quality we have as it means that two will not play. Unlike most other positions on the pitch, CBs are rarely "rotated" so we'd have ended up with two unhappy souls. I love Jordy when he plays; I think he is the best calm influence out there as the back three always seem to play better when he is there, but his injuries have done for him at the moment. If we can get him out on loan, I think that would be best all round...

Shame.

Hopefully, he'll have an injury free second half of the season, we sell Dickie for many mils in the summer and he comes back. Before Sanderson came, my back three of choice was Barbet - Jordy - Dunne and I'll take that next season if he's fit and Barbet stays...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Deadline day thread on 21:44 - Jan 27 with 3697 viewsCiderwithRsie

Deadline day thread on 20:48 - Jan 27 by aston_hoop

"Ball is trusted by Warburton, who worked with him at Watford and Glasgow Rangers before taking him to QPR and is somewhat reluctant to let him go."

Good.
Deadline day thread on 22:23 - Jan 27 with 3522 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I’m itching for a signing in up front, whether that’s an ACM or a No. 9, but I’m very impressed by how level-headed we are with this window. Weighing options, knowing that we need to let a couple of players go in order to add quality to the squad, but not suddenly sacrificing players like Ball because of the impact these moves could have on team morale/chemistry. We just seem to be weighing our options much better.

I’m much more confident in the board getting things right than I was one year ago.
Deadline day thread on 22:53 - Jan 27 with 3359 viewsdistortR

Deadline day thread on 22:23 - Jan 27 by EmpireStateRanger

I’m itching for a signing in up front, whether that’s an ACM or a No. 9, but I’m very impressed by how level-headed we are with this window. Weighing options, knowing that we need to let a couple of players go in order to add quality to the squad, but not suddenly sacrificing players like Ball because of the impact these moves could have on team morale/chemistry. We just seem to be weighing our options much better.

I’m much more confident in the board getting things right than I was one year ago.

I'm missing Andre Gray.

There, I've said it now.
Deadline day thread on 23:27 - Jan 27 with 3236 viewsLazyFan

Even if Wolves were to sell him, he's probably on £20k per week like all Prem Puppies and way outside our budget.

zzzzzzzzzz

Deadline day thread on 23:38 - Jan 27 with 3196 viewsStanisgod

Deadline day thread on 15:49 - Jan 27 by ed_83

Forest have rejected £20m from Brentford for Brennan Johnson, and apparently want to sign Jed Wallace from Millwall as well as Josh Bowler (formerly of this parish) from Hull.

This would take them back up to a measly 31 senior players, so clearly their plan to trim the squad has lasted about as long as we all expected.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 15:49]

Are they exempt from FFP?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Deadline day thread on 04:51 - Jan 28 with 2938 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Deadline day thread on 23:38 - Jan 27 by Stanisgod

Are they exempt from FFP?

I think they believe the first ‘F’ stands for Forest.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Deadline day thread on 08:05 - Jan 28 with 2676 viewsDoudou87

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10449901/Rangers-make-enquiry

Would much rather see this than Paterson from Swansea. Pep rates him very highly.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Deadline day thread on 08:56 - Jan 28 with 2480 viewsQPROslo

Deadline day thread on 21:44 - Jan 27 by CiderwithRsie

"Ball is trusted by Warburton, who worked with him at Watford and Glasgow Rangers before taking him to QPR and is somewhat reluctant to let him go."

Good.

Sorry up vote intended. Down given.
Deadline day thread on 08:57 - Jan 28 with 2469 viewsNorthernr

Andy Carroll going in at West Brom.
Deadline day thread on 09:00 - Jan 28 with 2437 viewssprocket

Deadline day thread on 08:57 - Jan 28 by Northernr

With their luck he'll get injured
Deadline day thread on 09:02 - Jan 28 with 2420 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, 'cos he's pacey like Dike.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deadline day thread on 09:16 - Jan 28 with 2344 viewsfrancisbowles

Deadline day thread on 09:02 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, 'cos he's pacey like Dike.

Staying with the long ball approach, for now!
Deadline day thread on 09:19 - Jan 28 with 2323 viewsTheChef

Deadline day thread on 17:38 - Jan 27 by PlanetHonneywood

I've only ever seen that Traore bloke play a few times and while I agree he is fleet of foot, I haven't seen much in the way of end product from him.

£30m seems utter top-top daylight muggery.

He's just a high-end Tony Scully

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Deadline day thread on 09:21 - Jan 28 with 2294 viewsEastR

Deadline day thread on 08:57 - Jan 28 by Northernr

Newcastle have missed a trick there

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Deadline day thread on 09:24 - Jan 28 with 2272 viewsStreathamRanger

Deadline day thread on 09:19 - Jan 28 by TheChef

He's just a high-end Tony Scully

No better than Kevin McLeod
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising