Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 42512 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 08:52 - Jan 16 with 1550 viewsessextaxiboy

Well Done Australia on 08:22 - Jan 16 by SawCon

"Literally no-one here has ever said anything in favour of 'coercive' vaccination so you're arguing against fresh air there"

Find that statement so interesting and really would appreciate if you could help me understand how you take that view.

To give a couple of examples and startling with the OP which sets the tone for that whole thread:

"Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit"

Then a recent direct example from Juzzies post Jan 14:

"if he doesn’t want a jab that’s his choice but he has to bear the consequences of not being allowed in places"

So then to consider what coercion is it's defined as:
"the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats."

Telling Djokovic if you don't have this medical procedure that you don't want then you have "to bear the consequences".

A threat is "to inflict a hostile action on someone in retribution for something not done"

So to me it seems clear using those examples and everything about this specific case of Djokovic more generally. He is being threatened with a hostile action (visa revoked and with it his right to play in this Grand Slam and earn millions of dollars) in retribution for not carrying out the action of a medical procedure he doesn't want. And this has now been followed through on

Can you help me understand how you see it as anything other than coercion?

All law enforcement is coersive .Drink and drive and you are threatened with a ban or imprisonment .
Its his choice whether to take the jab but choices have consequences .
This one is that he does not comply with a law pasedd by a legit government he cant have itboth ways ...I would be proud to be Australian in a country where the law is applied consistently ..
Well Done Australia on 09:22 - Jan 16 with 1503 viewsSawCon

Well Done Australia on 08:52 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

All law enforcement is coersive .Drink and drive and you are threatened with a ban or imprisonment .
Its his choice whether to take the jab but choices have consequences .
This one is that he does not comply with a law pasedd by a legit government he cant have itboth ways ...I would be proud to be Australian in a country where the law is applied consistently ..

Ok so you disagree with Kensalriser and instead agree with me it's coercion

I agree with your more general point about law being coercive. But where we have a different opinion is that I am not comfortable with condoning the State using that coercion when it comes to medical procedures. I believe in bodily autonomy and fair enough you don’t

I am against coercion by the State for medical procedures in any case but I think the Djokovic case is a good example to highlight when that medical procedure does come with risks (small risk but they exist) and marginal benefits to someone in Djokovics age and BMI range

Respect your opinion though and that you are up front about being comfortable with the State using coercion for medical procedures
Well Done Australia on 09:44 - Jan 16 with 1454 viewsThe_Beast1976

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

"The whole thing is genuinely insane". 100%. It would seem that the Australian public now largely have Stockholm Syndrome after 2 years of brainwashing. If you had said 2 years ago that this would happen in 2yrs time then you'd likely have been sectioned
Well Done Australia on 10:23 - Jan 16 with 1411 viewsNorthernr

Good result for QPR yesterday wasn’t it?
Well Done Australia on 10:29 - Jan 16 with 1395 viewsessextaxiboy

Well Done Australia on 09:22 - Jan 16 by SawCon

Ok so you disagree with Kensalriser and instead agree with me it's coercion

I agree with your more general point about law being coercive. But where we have a different opinion is that I am not comfortable with condoning the State using that coercion when it comes to medical procedures. I believe in bodily autonomy and fair enough you don’t

I am against coercion by the State for medical procedures in any case but I think the Djokovic case is a good example to highlight when that medical procedure does come with risks (small risk but they exist) and marginal benefits to someone in Djokovics age and BMI range

Respect your opinion though and that you are up front about being comfortable with the State using coercion for medical procedures

On the contrary , I agree with Kensalriser .

I merely checked your definition of coercive , found it to be broadly correct and applied that definition to everyday life , you could apply it to such mundane things as the congestion charge .
I believe in bodily autonomy but I repeat , with that freedom comes consequences ,responsibility and taking ownership for both . His lying and misinformation shows that he believes that this doesnt apply to him .

One of those is acceptance that your choice is against the law which should be applied consistently.

The first duty of the state is to protect its citizens.
Well Done Australia on 10:35 - Jan 16 with 1380 viewsessextaxiboy

Well Done Australia on 10:23 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Brilliant , I have had a read through and all of my opinions have been voiced by others , no point in ping pong after a win IMO
Well Done Australia on 11:13 - Jan 16 with 1311 viewshoopsmark

It sure was, and thank god Clive drops a hint, hopefully the penny will drop..:)
Well Done Australia on 11:14 - Jan 16 with 1306 viewshoopsmark

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Correct
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 11:22 - Jan 16 with 1283 viewsPaddyhoops

Time to close the book on this now.
It's just going round in circles.
Wonderful day yesterday . Best in ages!!
Well Done Australia on 11:36 - Jan 16 with 1261 viewsessextaxiboy

Well Done Australia on 11:22 - Jan 16 by Paddyhoops

Time to close the book on this now.
It's just going round in circles.
Wonderful day yesterday . Best in ages!!

Brilliant , I particularly enjoyed it knowing that everyone around me were either jabbed or tested . It means i can comfortably visit my 83 year old Mum tomorrow who is recovering from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma . In her words ...If I get Covid its lights out " ...
Well Done Australia on 12:14 - Jan 16 with 1221 viewsSawCon

Well Done Australia on 11:36 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

Brilliant , I particularly enjoyed it knowing that everyone around me were either jabbed or tested . It means i can comfortably visit my 83 year old Mum tomorrow who is recovering from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma . In her words ...If I get Covid its lights out " ...

Very sad to hear she feels that way when it's not true at all

Before the vaccine was introduced her survival rate in September 2020 was said by the CDC to be 94.6% in her age group and so with the great success since then of the vaccine in reducing the rates of death in the elderly plus the milder form that exists now it is in no much better than that and at the very least a sadly over the top statement to fear it's lights out for her

It's extremely likely she will be fine so hopefully people like her don't need to live in fear now with a distorted view of the risks faced and fortunately no need for her to feel like that
Well Done Australia on 12:32 - Jan 16 with 1206 viewsTW_R

Well Done Australia on 12:14 - Jan 16 by SawCon

Very sad to hear she feels that way when it's not true at all

Before the vaccine was introduced her survival rate in September 2020 was said by the CDC to be 94.6% in her age group and so with the great success since then of the vaccine in reducing the rates of death in the elderly plus the milder form that exists now it is in no much better than that and at the very least a sadly over the top statement to fear it's lights out for her

It's extremely likely she will be fine so hopefully people like her don't need to live in fear now with a distorted view of the risks faced and fortunately no need for her to feel like that

Always good to take medical advice from someone on a football forum, I find.
Well Done Australia on 12:46 - Jan 16 with 1179 viewsSawCon

Well Done Australia on 12:32 - Jan 16 by TW_R

Always good to take medical advice from someone on a football forum, I find.

Lucky I didn’t give any medical advice then
Well Done Australia on 13:17 - Jan 16 with 1149 viewsSydneyRs

Well Done Australia on 09:44 - Jan 16 by The_Beast1976

"The whole thing is genuinely insane". 100%. It would seem that the Australian public now largely have Stockholm Syndrome after 2 years of brainwashing. If you had said 2 years ago that this would happen in 2yrs time then you'd likely have been sectioned

Around 2,500 total deaths since covid started. Compare that with almost everywhere else. Maybe we have good reasons to trust in the system to a degree.
Well Done Australia on 13:53 - Jan 16 with 1088 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Well Done Australia on 14:31 - Jan 16 with 1058 viewswood_hoop

The real reason he was deported......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJOtZjNX0AgT5Ok?format=jpg&name=medium
Well Done Australia on 15:13 - Jan 16 with 1015 viewsEastR

Game, set and match.

Great result yesterday!

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Well Done Australia on 19:36 - Jan 16 with 921 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60014059

I feel sorry for him. Is it just me or is Covid bringing out the worst in us? Is it giving power to the worst kind of people, worst kind of ideas?

I hope he's welcomed here with open arms for Wimbledon. I hope he wins it.

There I've said it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Well Done Australia on 21:01 - Jan 16 with 849 viewsLythamR

Well Done Australia on 19:36 - Jan 16 by CliveWilsonSaid

I feel sorry for him. Is it just me or is Covid bringing out the worst in us? Is it giving power to the worst kind of people, worst kind of ideas?

There I've said it.

I too will welcome him to Wimbledon, providing he meets whatever requirements might be in place at that time
Well Done Australia on 21:52 - Jan 16 with 944 viewsEsox_Lucius

Well Done Australia on 21:01 - Jan 16 by LythamR

I too will welcome him to Wimbledon, providing he meets whatever requirements might be in place at that time

A bung to the Tory party seems the best way to get rewarded these days.

The grass is always greener.

Well Done Australia on 21:59 - Jan 16 with 918 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well Done Australia on 19:36 - Jan 16 by CliveWilsonSaid

There I've said it.

Negative Covid test should do it. If he can find a test kit that is 🤪

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024