Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? 21:19 - Apr 28 with 6350 viewsNoDiddley

Just watching Champions league Citeh game, they mentioned Kyle Walker’s pace & I must say he’s the quickest thing I’ve seen in a QPR shirt.
I remember away v Pompey November 2010 the 1-1 penalty game, he was out of position & John Utaka was away, Walker turned on the burners caught him up & regained possession, quickest thing I’ve seen on a football field. Des Walker was quick perhaps it’s the name?
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 17:19 - Apr 29 with 1579 viewscaliforniahoop

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:27 - Apr 28 by Juzzie

Wayne Fereday

Wayne Fereday was lightening quick.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 17:32 - Apr 29 with 1558 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wayne Routledge in with a shout.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 17:33 - Apr 29 with 1553 viewsMick_S

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 17:32 - Apr 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wayne Routledge in with a shout.

Usain Bolt had a game or two. Beat that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 18:07 - Apr 29 with 1506 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Was Steve Slade quick?

Quick, direct and not very good is my memory of him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 18:22 - Apr 29 with 1484 viewsPBLOCK

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 18:07 - Apr 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

Was Steve Slade quick?

Quick, direct and not very good is my memory of him.

Quick- Nope

Direct - Nope

Not very good - An understatement

Truly awful player who I had high hopes for when we signed him absolute pony
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 18:46 - Apr 29 with 1466 viewsterryb

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 15:06 - Apr 29 by PBLOCK

The slowest is most definitely Bob Malcolm

Coastal erosion moves quicker

Victor Bloody Mobley.

I will never tire of naming him as our worst ever player!
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 18:52 - Apr 29 with 1454 viewsJigsore

you rarely got to see it but once Nedum got up to full speed he was an absolute train, acceleration wise not so much

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 19:01 - Apr 29 with 1438 viewsCamberleyR

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 18:22 - Apr 29 by PBLOCK

Quick- Nope

Direct - Nope

Not very good - An understatement

Truly awful player who I had high hopes for when we signed him absolute pony

I think most of us probably had high hopes. Exactly the sort of player we needed to buy upon relegation; he was young, played in Spurs' first team (and not just the odd cup game) and played for England U21s that summer scoring three goals.

If I remember correctly we only paid something in the region of £350k for him and thought it was an absolute steal. But my god, he was absolutely f*cking terrible.

Houston thought he could fill Gallen's shoes after his injury until he woke up and realised he needed a proper striker and signed Spencer (two months too late).
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 19:02]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 19:01 - Apr 29 with 1435 viewsqprphil

Has to be Wayne Fereday. Arthur Longbottom was pretty quick back in the day..
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 19:38 - Apr 29 with 1401 viewsT_Block

Come on

....Les Ferdinand deserves a mention
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:04 - Apr 29 with 1328 viewsqueensparker

I don’t really go to live games that QPR aren’t playing in but when Bayern Munich and Dortmund played the Champions League final at Wembley a few years back got a jammy freebie through work. The whole game was like watching football in fast forward, seemed like all 22 players were Wayne Fereday (but good). Watching that standard of football at that pace live was something else.

And the Krauts know how to make an atmosphere alright, was a great and deafening night.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 21:20]
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:14 - Apr 29 with 1308 viewsdistortR

wayne fereday scored a beauty at derby once, alas hardly anyone saw it
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:47 - Apr 29 with 1271 viewsloftboy

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 09:49 - Apr 29 by bosh67

Wayne Fereday has extraordinary pace. I was lucky enough to be pitch side for a game he played in as a photographer (a hobby) and he left defenders for dust. I believe he's still the fastest player ever clocked by the club and someone said to me recently that he was quicker than Gareth Bale in his heyday, which I can believe. Wayne didn't always take the ball with him as it often couldn't keep up!

They timed him over 100 metres, if he had been at the 1980 olympics he would have come 4th!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 22:55 - Apr 29 with 1259 viewsitsbiga

Gary Speed

But according to google
https://khelnow.com/football/top-10-fastest-football-players-in-the-world
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 22:59]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 09:23 - Apr 30 with 1147 viewsfrancisbowles

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 18:52 - Apr 29 by Jigsore

you rarely got to see it but once Nedum got up to full speed he was an absolute train, acceleration wise not so much

Actually we saw plenty of it. Whenever we got caught in the opposition half it was Nedum who would chase down the counter attack. Saved us on numerous occasions.
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:17 - Apr 30 with 1052 viewsjohncharles

Ray Jones, God rest his soul, was very quick in a deceptive way. He had a loping run that covered so ground. I remember guys breaking into a sprint to catch him but he just lengthened his stride and moved away. Even in the pre match warm ups he effortlessly got from A to B first no matter how quickly other guys legs were moving.
His goal against Southampton shows this perfectly. Their defence and keeper just can’t believe someone loping along can get to that ball. Worth finding on YouTube and watching twice.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 21:25]

Strong and stable my arse.

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:29 - Apr 30 with 1041 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Slowest was Tomar Hemed for me.

I know he couldn't be arsed in the Bolton game but I smoke and drink and I'm still quicker than he was that day.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 21:45 - Apr 30 with 1021 viewsbarbicanranger

Shabazz Baidoo
Pace - quickest player you’ve seen? on 23:05 - Apr 30 with 986 viewsdigswellhoop

ALLWAYS remember sir stan saying why do i need to run when i can pass the ball 50 yards pinpoint
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024