Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burst Appendix.... 03:17 - Sep 7 with 2305 viewshook_hoops

...anyone out there had the joy of experiencing one of these? On Monday I'm enjoying the U23's game at LR with barely a care in the world and on Tuesday night I'm under the knife at Kingston Hospital. Still here and feeling like I've been hit by a meat truck. I've read all the stuff on the internet but I was just wondering if any of you have had one and can tell me how long it takes to back to some sort of normal life.
Burst Appendix.... on 05:16 - Sep 7 with 2278 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not something I’ve experienced fella, but it sounds a’kin nightmare! Hope you recover as speedily as possible.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Burst Appendix.... on 06:00 - Sep 7 with 2260 viewshook_hoops

Burst Appendix.... on 05:16 - Sep 7 by PlanetHonneywood

Not something I’ve experienced fella, but it sounds a’kin nightmare! Hope you recover as speedily as possible.

Thanks mate
Burst Appendix.... on 06:36 - Sep 7 with 2245 viewsLblock

You’ve had a brush with the four horsemen there (and that’s not the U23 Loftus Road bit)

Not had it myself but I know how dodgy that can be.
Hopefully you’ve had all clear from toxicology
It’s then a period of 4 to 6 weeks of clean living but after that you can get back on it if you’re otherwise fit and well

Good luck

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Burst Appendix.... on 06:41 - Sep 7 with 2242 viewsdanehoop

Burst Appendix.... on 06:00 - Sep 7 by hook_hoops

Thanks mate

Happened to my wife when we visited Sydney. I know how bad she was so every sympathy for you mate and hope you start feeling better. From what I understand recovery time depends on a number of things, starting off from whether you had keyhole or normal surgery. Former allows fora relatively quicker recovery, but can’t ignore that you have had major surgery and heavy anesthetics. My wife had to wait over aweek before she was “fit to fly” and probably took a month before she was feeling close to normal. When I had abdominal key hole surgery it took me a few weeks to get back towards being fit, even though the minor incisions healed quickly, I still felt run over by a bus for at least a week.

Good luck mate, but don’t try and rush things

Never knowingly understood

Burst Appendix.... on 07:29 - Sep 7 with 2195 viewsEsox_Lucius

All the above mate. I thought I had a slight groin strain as we had been training the night before, I got rushed into hospital after the diagnosis and operated on that day. They told me I was to have keyhole surgery but as they went in it suppurated and they had cut me open a lot more to act quickly. When I woke up I felt sore and groggy but when they asked me to sit up in bed I thought I was going to die I was in so much pain, they had cut through a number of stomach muscles in their haste and I could tell :-) I had to take things easy for around 4-5 weeks and after a few months I was able to resume full training. Good luck with your op.

The grass is always greener.

Burst Appendix.... on 10:45 - Sep 7 with 2058 viewsNortholt_Rs

I had a burst appendix recently so I know exactly what you have been through. I had keyhole surgery which was amazing....I was sitting up in bed a few hours after the op. The big problem with it actually bursting is the real bad bacteria which then pours out so it’s very serious! Need to keep your eye on things and any pain in the area (outside of the obvious op ‘damage’) needs to facilitate you going straight back to the hospital. Hopefully, like me, they got all the bad stuff out in which case you’ll be up on your feet right as nine pence in no time. Best of luck mate.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Burst Appendix.... on 12:02 - Sep 7 with 1995 viewsfrancisbowles

Haven't experienced this, yet, sounds horrible so good luck with recovery.

You can console yourself that it happened in the international break and you are not missing any Rrrs action!
Burst Appendix.... on 12:10 - Sep 7 with 1984 viewskropotkin41

Jeez! Get well soon, mate. Sounds horrible.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Burst Appendix.... on 12:44 - Sep 7 with 1952 viewsrobith

Mine didn't burst, but I had appendicitis and then developed an abscess in the wound a few years ago. Was off work for 3 months. One of the worst times of my life. You have my sympathies and hope you're on the mend soon.
Burst Appendix.... on 14:41 - Sep 7 with 1876 viewsPunteR

Sounds like a horrible experience. All the best with it pal.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Burst Appendix.... on 15:06 - Sep 7 with 1857 viewssmegma

45 years ago a friends sister died following an op. The stitches had burst and she didn't make it to A & E in time.
Burst Appendix.... on 15:35 - Sep 7 with 1842 viewsTonto

Burst Appendix.... on 15:06 - Sep 7 by smegma

45 years ago a friends sister died following an op. The stitches had burst and she didn't make it to A & E in time.

that will cheer him up no end...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Burst Appendix.... on 15:52 - Sep 7 with 1829 viewsPunteR

Burst Appendix.... on 15:06 - Sep 7 by smegma

Medical science has come a long way since then.

Burst Appendix.... on 16:47 - Sep 7 with 1782 viewsitsbiga

My old lady said "try having a caesarean"

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Burst Appendix.... on 16:52 - Sep 7 with 1777 viewshook_hoops

Burst Appendix.... on 15:52 - Sep 7 by PunteR

Medical science has come a long way since then.

I certainly hope so!

Thanks to all for your advice and best wishes, very much appreciated. Looks like they'll be letting me home tomorrow. Just have to restrain my celebrations when we score a goal!
Burst Appendix.... on 17:41 - Sep 7 with 1745 viewsPunteR

Burst Appendix.... on 16:52 - Sep 7 by hook_hoops

I certainly hope so!

Thanks to all for your advice and best wishes, very much appreciated. Looks like they'll be letting me home tomorrow. Just have to restrain my celebrations when we score a goal!

Quick recovery for you then.. ;)

Burst Appendix.... on 18:32 - Sep 7 with 1714 viewshook_hoops

Burst Appendix.... on 17:41 - Sep 7 by PunteR

Quick recovery for you then.. ;)

They said quite honestly that there was more chance of me getting an infection in hospital than at home. Nothing strenuous for at least 6 weeks though
Burst Appendix.... on 18:47 - Sep 7 with 1706 viewskernowhoop

Burst Appendix.... on 16:47 - Sep 7 by itsbiga

My old lady said "try having a caesarean"

One very good reason to be correctly labelled up when you go through those swing doors.
Burst Appendix.... on 19:26 - Sep 7 with 1667 viewssmegma

Burst Appendix.... on 16:52 - Sep 7 by hook_hoops

I certainly hope so!

We're not playing tomorrow thankfully
Burst Appendix.... on 02:52 - Sep 8 with 1531 viewstimcocking

Yeah. Went to school ok, nearly died when i got there, turned green and keeled right over. I got pneumonia at the same time, man it was bad. So much pain trying to cough with a hole in your stomach. Like somebody shoving a red hot poker right through me. I'm good with pain, but man that really was on another level. The highlight was walking around with a plastic bag stuck to me to collect the poison through a tube, classy and attractive. You still have that?

I remember thinking i'll never get back to full strength or speed, took two weeks before i could walk, 4 weeks later fine, 6 weeks surfing and playing football again. Still have a huge scar right across my front. I think down in Kernow they used a spoon to cut me open.

You might be quicker, this was 30 years ago now, perhaps it's improved somewhat. Keyhole surgery didn't exist.

Nice touch was, come the middle of the night, my mum finally realised i was bad. My family were very much of the toughen up and run it off variety. She'd been telling me off all day for being a wimp. When you're self employed, you literally can't afford to get sick full stop. The doctor, of course, point blank refused to come out said there'd be nothing wrong, nor would he send an ambulance. We had to drive Cornwall's worst car (think Del Boys three wheeler with four wheels) for an hour then i had to walk up like eight flights of stairs because the lifts were broken. Nearly fcuking killed me. Would have finished off most of you lot i should imagine. Should have sued the bar stards. Took one look said yeah he's fcuked.

Ps If you want to move to Villa Las Estrellas, you are obliged to remove your appendix first.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 3:09]
Burst Appendix.... on 03:58 - Sep 8 with 1514 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Burst Appendix.... on 07:29 - Sep 7 by Esox_Lucius

All the above mate. I thought I had a slight groin strain as we had been training the night before, I got rushed into hospital after the diagnosis and operated on that day. They told me I was to have keyhole surgery but as they went in it suppurated and they had cut me open a lot more to act quickly. When I woke up I felt sore and groggy but when they asked me to sit up in bed I thought I was going to die I was in so much pain, they had cut through a number of stomach muscles in their haste and I could tell :-) I had to take things easy for around 4-5 weeks and after a few months I was able to resume full training. Good luck with your op.

I had a groin stain once.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024