Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 142687 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:18 - Jun 17 with 2139 viewsPBLOCK

I really don't know in all honesty. I like to think I'm fairly politically savvy did it years ago at A Level watch QT etc etc. But even now with a week to go I still haven't totally decided.

The big thing for me is Tha both sides haven't covered themselves in glory in all its been about scaremongering. If we leave we are doomed, if we stay the country will implode
If I'm honest I think being part of Europe is at times a good thing but there is also a hell of a lot that needs changing. The mass immigration we have had in the last 10-15 years isn't really sustainable jobs, schools, NHS, services etc. We are essentially a small island and lack of housing especially for young professionals (whether you be a builder, office worker etc) in the South East especially is an absolute mare. Who realistically even on a decent wage is gonna be able to spend 500k âž• on a 3 bed semi in Northolt ot wherever it may be. With things being like this Immigration will come rising to the top of the agenda.

A lot of where we are now is because of previous mistakes by previous Governments. Thatcher selling off housing, Blairs government getting their immigration forecast from Eastern Europe so wrong and many more.

If I had my way id probably stay in but with a renegotiated deal but would I trust Cameron to get , no he'd probably come back with magic beans ( he's already tried once and failed). So could.Corbyn do.it, not a chance and there in lies the main problem. The two leaders of.our two main political parties don't inspire.

One thing with if we do.go.is that possibly that will be it for 'Dave' which will lead to a clash earlier than expected of Boris vs Osborne. Imagine if Boris were to triumph and them Trump won in the States how frightening is that scenario! "Hey Boris I'm gonna bomb the beejeezus out of those Muslim boys and build the biggest wall to keep those darn Mexicans out" "Er well, er Wiff Waff bumble bumble"

Who knows, I'm going down the pub
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:23 - Jun 17 with 2128 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:33 - Jun 17 by DeepcutHoop

Coming from someone who loses their temper everytime someone disagrees with them.

Someone get hold of Alanis....

If people kept calling me a racist, at some point I might ask myself if they had a point.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 19:24]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:42 - Jun 17 with 2103 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:15 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

I've considered your views somewhat educated, passionate and often reasoned which has made the arguments interesting at times. But that comment, either by design or ignorance, is missing the crucial point and stability of the sovereign currency Sterling, ie the pound in your pocket.

It is currently up and down like a whores draws, every pro or out Poll drags it up or down by several cents to the Euro, and there is every likelihood, not scaremogering but on current and real evidence, that Sterling risks falling through the floor as Markets view the Out vote with disdain and BoE has to raise Interest rates to stabilise the pound, tipping many homeowners into payment levels they have no hope of making and repossesions, collapsing the housing market. It's a very real likelihood of Out. It is one of several big topics that never gets discussed by Farage and co, I cant think why....I'd prefer he had a weak answer than the current sound of silence on so many issues.

Thanks for your remarks , but I stand by what I say and it applys to currency as well as equities . Traders react to every poll because it suits them to make money as prices go up and down . There is a saying among investors that " dogs bark when elephants walk by " ".The equity and forex dogs are reacting to every baby elephant . There will be uncertainty .but when the water clears IMO confidence will return . I am backing that view with my own cash(future)...
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:44 - Jun 17 with 2095 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:42 - Jun 17 by essextaxiboy

Thanks for your remarks , but I stand by what I say and it applys to currency as well as equities . Traders react to every poll because it suits them to make money as prices go up and down . There is a saying among investors that " dogs bark when elephants walk by " ".The equity and forex dogs are reacting to every baby elephant . There will be uncertainty .but when the water clears IMO confidence will return . I am backing that view with my own cash(future)...

....or deliberately crash the market.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:09 - Jun 17 with 2067 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:42 - Jun 17 by essextaxiboy

That's the problem. Soros alone created a major run on a weak Pound and rates went from something like 10% to 15% in a day and BoE had to shed a load of gold buying Sterling as it fell through the floor. There is no certainty. The likelihood of the pound collapsing is a high likelihood but never gets discussed in terms of consequences for ordinary people. It was a terrible time to live through and the economy bottomed out for years and years afterwards.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:10 - Jun 17 with 1971 viewskingshill

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:03 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

Billy Bragg had it right yesterday saying not every out voter is racist, but every racist will vote out.

The correlation between UKIP and BNP/National Front is indisputable, UKIP are just the 'respectable' face of BNP.

The disgraceful campaigning on both sides is directly responsible for what happened yesterday and the Vote on thursday should be binned. Farrage's petty hatred and dream of Little England and Cameron's raising fears on everything from War to Pensions is a travesty, neither will admit it but they both have blood on their hands. The only decent thing to do is cancel the Vote and call a General Election. UK more than ever needs Leadership. So glad to be out of it but genuinely worry what the future of that place holds for my children.

Billy Bragg the multi millionaire Marxist?

Yeah I'd listen to him every day of the week..............
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:25 - Jun 17 with 1953 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:15 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

I've considered your views somewhat educated, passionate and often reasoned which has made the arguments interesting at times. But that comment, either by design or ignorance, is missing the crucial point and stability of the sovereign currency Sterling, ie the pound in your pocket.

It is currently up and down like a whores draws, every pro or out Poll drags it up or down by several cents to the Euro, and there is every likelihood, not scaremogering but on current and real evidence, that Sterling risks falling through the floor as Markets view the Out vote with disdain and BoE has to raise Interest rates to stabilise the pound, tipping many homeowners into payment levels they have no hope of making and repossesions, collapsing the housing market. It's a very real likelihood of Out. It is one of several big topics that never gets discussed by Farage and co, I cant think why....I'd prefer he had a weak answer than the current sound of silence on so many issues.

If the result of leaving the EU will be as bad as you and many more predict then we are inextricably tied to the organisation. The obvious conclusion is that we can never leave no matter what direction the EU goes or what changes are made. We are supposed to get a referendum if there is a treaty change which the remain side says will protect us but surely the risk of leaving will still be the same and the same people who are predicting Armageddon now will be preaching the same things.if they frighten enough people now why would it be any different in the future.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:32 - Jun 17 with 1940 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:10 - Jun 17 by kingshill

Billy Bragg the multi millionaire Marxist?

Yeah I'd listen to him every day of the week..............

Haha that old chestnut. Successful people cannot maintain left wing views. He did wonders with a football team in Dagenham, bankrolled it for the youngsters, whilst the BNP just stirred up hatred before being trounced and leaving not one positive behind. At least he puts his money where is mouth is.

He's right though isn't he? Every bigoted racist will vote out.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:42 - Jun 17 with 1925 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:25 - Jun 17 by QPR_John

If the result of leaving the EU will be as bad as you and many more predict then we are inextricably tied to the organisation. The obvious conclusion is that we can never leave no matter what direction the EU goes or what changes are made. We are supposed to get a referendum if there is a treaty change which the remain side says will protect us but surely the risk of leaving will still be the same and the same people who are predicting Armageddon now will be preaching the same things.if they frighten enough people now why would it be any different in the future.

That's false logic, if there's a treaty change we'll be voting to leave a different EU which may have different benefits or drawbacks. We're voting regarding the current EU with the current treaties and have further options for a referendum if/when these new treaties are made.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:46 - Jun 17 with 1919 viewskingshill

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:32 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

Haha that old chestnut. Successful people cannot maintain left wing views. He did wonders with a football team in Dagenham, bankrolled it for the youngsters, whilst the BNP just stirred up hatred before being trounced and leaving not one positive behind. At least he puts his money where is mouth is.

The king of white flight calling others racist?

Couldn't wait to get away from multi cultural East London to his WASP village in Dorset.

Hypocritical pr1ck
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:47 - Jun 17 with 1917 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:42 - Jun 17 by QPR_Jim

That's false logic, if there's a treaty change we'll be voting to leave a different EU which may have different benefits or drawbacks. We're voting regarding the current EU with the current treaties and have further options for a referendum if/when these new treaties are made.

Not really, your point about a different EU is valid but the economic results of leaving will be the same. The remain campaign have drawn a picture of such a dire consequence the conclusion must be the risk of leaving far outweighs the risk of remaining in the EU no matter how it changes
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:56 - Jun 17 with 1898 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:46 - Jun 17 by kingshill

The king of white flight calling others racist?

Couldn't wait to get away from multi cultural East London to his WASP village in Dorset.

Hypocritical pr1ck

I don't think he is half as wealthy as people suggest. Thought he had moved to and lives in Scotland. Getting more house for your buck and better choices of schools for your kids in generally perceived as responsible parenting, but hey ho slag him off for sticking to his beliefs.

According to UKIP from John O'Grotes to Lands End will be invaded by 80 million Muslim Turks in the next 5 mins so 'white flight' is futile surely? Cant be both.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 21:09]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:56 - Jun 17 with 1895 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:47 - Jun 17 by QPR_John

Not really, your point about a different EU is valid but the economic results of leaving will be the same. The remain campaign have drawn a picture of such a dire consequence the conclusion must be the risk of leaving far outweighs the risk of remaining in the EU no matter how it changes

But if a treaty reduces the economic benefits then the risk will reduce, if it changes things fundamentally so we don't agree with the whole thing perhaps the risk of leaving will be worth it.

At the end of the day if the leave campaign were to say (and I think farrage did last week on question time) that there will be an economic cost to leaving but it will he worth it to be out of the EU, at least we could get back to the discussion and forget about the economic affects and agree that at least in the short term we'll be worse off.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:03 - Jun 17 with 1893 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:56 - Jun 17 by QPR_Jim

But if a treaty reduces the economic benefits then the risk will reduce, if it changes things fundamentally so we don't agree with the whole thing perhaps the risk of leaving will be worth it.

At the end of the day if the leave campaign were to say (and I think farrage did last week on question time) that there will be an economic cost to leaving but it will he worth it to be out of the EU, at least we could get back to the discussion and forget about the economic affects and agree that at least in the short term we'll be worse off.

Sterling through the floor, not to mention the stock market, tax rises, every household £4300 worse off, pensioners worse off, house prices dropping, job losses and the cherry on the cake the risk of World War Three. How could any changes within the EU make that a better option.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 21:07]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:08 - Jun 17 with 1881 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:03 - Jun 17 by QPR_John

Sterling through the floor, not to mention the stock market, tax rises, every household £4300 worse off, pensioners worse off, house prices dropping, job losses and the cherry on the cake the risk of World War Three. How could any changes within the EU make that a better option.

But aren't those forecasts are against the current strength of the EU, it may not be as strong in the future, who knows what's going to happen.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:20 - Jun 17 with 1867 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:08 - Jun 17 by QPR_Jim

But aren't those forecasts are against the current strength of the EU, it may not be as strong in the future, who knows what's going to happen.

These forecast are being made now when the EU economy is worse than ours and many of the forecasts are based on the single market which will never change and again there is always World War Three.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:51 - Jun 17 with 1826 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:03 - Jun 17 by QPR_John

When they say we will be worse off , when you dig deeper they are saying we will be less better off .

IE instead of growth being 10% over the next three years it will be 8% . Apart from the very short term no one is saying we will go backwards, although that is what they leave hanging in the wind .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:55 - Jun 17 with 1823 viewskingshill

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:56 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

I don't think he is half as wealthy as people suggest. Thought he had moved to and lives in Scotland. Getting more house for your buck and better choices of schools for your kids in generally perceived as responsible parenting, but hey ho slag him off for sticking to his beliefs.

According to UKIP from John O'Grotes to Lands End will be invaded by 80 million Muslim Turks in the next 5 mins so 'white flight' is futile surely? Cant be both.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 21:09]

Responsible parenting? Just like the lovely Diane Abbott. Do as I say, not as I do.

As for the Turks, won't happen will it cos the leader of Remain said so and he never lies.........
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:55 - Jun 17 with 1823 viewsBrightonhoop

Direct link of the Swinton Group between the killer and Farage.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2016/06/17/the-link-between-nigel-farage-and-jo-c

And Farage inciting violence from 0.49 He's a Nazi.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farage-predicts-violence-the-next-st
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:58 - Jun 17 with 1812 viewsQPRDave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:32 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

Not every racist, the far left are all for remain
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:00 - Jun 17 with 1804 viewswortonranger

Why are people posting on this thread ? We need to pause and take breath whichever side of the des ate you are on. Campaigning is suspended and rightly so.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:03 - Jun 17 with 1800 viewskingshill

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:55 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2016/06/17/the-link-between-nigel-farage-and-jo-c

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farage-predicts-violence-the-next-st

Direct link? If I've read that right he was a guest speaker at a group that the bloke used to associate with, but they'd lost touch with before he spoke in front of them 200 miles from the nutters home? Hardly a smoking gun is it?

As for the comments, how does that differ from hippes smashing up the East end and students desecrating the cenotaph & Churchills statue? That's direct action when they feel they're not being listened to is it not? All he's saying is if politicians don't listen, some people may take it further, hardly rocket science.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:05 - Jun 17 with 1794 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:58 - Jun 17 by QPRDave

Not every racist, the far left are all for remain

Central Left want out o, as I have, until the connection between Farage and the killer was unearthed. Farage inciting violence in mainstream British Politics also confirms precisely what he is Dave, he is a Nazi. Out is a vote now for a Nazi future for England.

Farage has blood on his hands absolutely and needs locking up. The man is a lunatic. Vote for him.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:08 - Jun 17 with 1788 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:55 - Jun 17 by Brightonhoop

I am not trying to defend Farage . He appeals to a certain part of the out campaign(not mine ) but his words can be taken two ways .
He may be accused of inciting violence as you have done or he may simply have been correct in predicting the tragic events of yesterday if it was a political act .

If I say there will be riots if we sign John Terry I dont want there to be , I just know that there is a good chance there will be . If his car gets turned over I will simply have called the mood correctly .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:08 - Jun 17 with 1786 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:51 - Jun 17 by essextaxiboy

When they say we will be worse off , when you dig deeper they are saying we will be less better off .

IE instead of growth being 10% over the next three years it will be 8% . Apart from the very short term no one is saying we will go backwards, although that is what they leave hanging in the wind .

I agree. The point I was making is that the remain campaign has all but declared leaving the EU is unthinkable under any circumstances
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024