Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? 23:08 - Feb 19 with 43038 viewsGloryHunter

I was 22 in 1975, and I voted "No". This was based on my political heroes Michael Foot and Tony Benn warning against the dangers of entering the EU. After that, I softened my opposition somewhat. I like the fact that I can now cross most European borders without being searched and showing my passport, and I have since acquired a German wife, who is free to live and work in the UK (although she is not allowed to vote here, despite having paid UK taxes for 25 years). But, to be honest, I am thinking of voting "Out". What do other posters on here think?
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 10:45 - Feb 26 with 2108 viewsHayesender

Don't know if this has been posted here, but Brits living abroad can register to vote.

This can't be right! http://www.thelocal.es/20160203/how-you-can-register-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendu

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 11:25 - Feb 26 with 2090 viewsdoogi55

let all of eu vote bound to get brexit then
they all hate us
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 11:26 - Feb 26 with 2087 viewsTheBlob

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 11:25 - Feb 26 by doogi55

let all of eu vote bound to get brexit then
they all hate us

Yeah,what can they do - chuck us out?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:12 - Feb 26 with 2034 viewsstumbleandfall

Some people seriously working hard in this thread.

Good for you I suppose. A political debate is no bad thing.

Things I've noticed:

Outers shout more often and loudest. It gives the impression of numbers, but that is not the reality.

In casual conversation at home, work and play most people I've met are remainers. That means people are either afraid to admit their true intentions or general bookies odds of 1/3 to remain is accurate.

I predict a comfortable remain victory.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2016 15:22]
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:18 - Feb 26 with 2000 viewsQPRDave

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:12 - Feb 26 by stumbleandfall

Things I've noticed:

Outers shout more often and loudest. It gives the impression of numbers, but that is not the reality.

In casual conversation at home, work and play most people I've met are remainers. That means people are either afraid to admit their true intentions or general bookies odds of 1/3 to remain is accurate.

Me too.......as i posted earlier, whatever the result.
Did you watch question time?
Absolutely hilarious watching Truss & Abbot squirm as their statements for staying in, were pulled apart by Julia Hartley Brewer & Julian Fellowes
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:51 - Feb 26 with 1983 viewsPinnerPaul

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 13:12 - Feb 26 by stumbleandfall

Things I've noticed:

In a totally non valid sample - only 2 people have asked me what I was voting and they were both outers!
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 15:21 - Feb 26 with 1967 viewsstumbleandfall

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:51 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

In a totally non valid sample - only 2 people have asked me what I was voting and they were both outers!

Completely fair point although my sample size is about 20.

I've been surprised though, some people I though would be obvious outers are even going to the point of registering to vote, to vote to remain.

I think this is because where I am 3 global companies have cut huge numbers of jobs and this has dented peoples confidence. I think, they think a period of uncertainty is the last thing we need.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 15:28 - Feb 26 with 1957 viewsPinnerPaul

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 15:21 - Feb 26 by stumbleandfall

I've been surprised though, some people I though would be obvious outers are even going to the point of registering to vote, to vote to remain.

I think this is because where I am 3 global companies have cut huge numbers of jobs and this has dented peoples confidence. I think, they think a period of uncertainty is the last thing we need.

Wasn't digging you out, genuinely only two people have mentioned this to me, both out of the blue as well!
Login to get fewer ads

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 20:27 - Feb 26 with 1883 viewsessextaxiboy

Things I've noticed:

No one has shouted ?

I have replied to lots of posts because I feel have had a counter to them . The polls were wrong in the Scottish referendum and wrong in the Election . 4 Mil votes from UKIP cancels the entire turnout in Scotland at the election 3.69 Mil

The remain camp have got one line . Project Fear. We even had one line posted in this thread "who will look after us " . FFS!

Your vote is your choice of course , but vote remain and dont ever whinge about the EU again ...you will have voted for whatever you get and your children and grandchildren get . Our democracy given away.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 20:48 - Feb 26 with 1879 viewsHollowayRanger

meanwhile Germany reports disappearance of 130,000 asylum seekers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35667858

On Thursday, the head of Germany's federal office for migration, Frank-Juergen Weise, said there were up to 400,000 people in the country whose identities were unknown to the authorities.

it's crazy in or out we need to know the hell is in our country

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 22:10 - Feb 26 with 1839 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This whole national debate used to excite me, and now I feel like a 7YO who ate too much cake at a birthday party.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 22:13 - Feb 26 with 1835 viewsQPRDave

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 20:27 - Feb 26 by essextaxiboy

No one has shouted ?

I have replied to lots of posts because I feel have had a counter to them . The polls were wrong in the Scottish referendum and wrong in the Election . 4 Mil votes from UKIP cancels the entire turnout in Scotland at the election 3.69 Mil

The remain camp have got one line . Project Fear. We even had one line posted in this thread "who will look after us " . FFS!

Your vote is your choice of course , but vote remain and dont ever whinge about the EU again ...you will have voted for whatever you get and your children and grandchildren get . Our democracy given away.

Good and correct reply
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 22:40 - Feb 26 with 1820 viewsessextaxiboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 22:13 - Feb 26 by QPRDave

Good and correct reply

Cheers mate .Keep calm tomorrow
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 08:28 - Feb 27 with 1760 viewsderbyhoop

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 10:45 - Feb 26 by Hayesender

Don't know if this has been posted here, but Brits living abroad can register to vote.

This can't be right! http://www.thelocal.es/20160203/how-you-can-register-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendu

Why can't it be right?

Are you afraid that the 2.2m UK nationals living in the EU appreciate the benefits and are more likely to vote to remain?

A legitimate argument would be about the length of time outside the UK before the right to vote was removed. But, for somebody using the freedom of movement to work in another EU country for a period before returning to the UK, why would you deprive them the chance to have their say in the most important political decision we'll make for a generation.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 08:46 - Feb 27 with 1748 viewsTGRRRSSS

Many people living abroad are retired I think in the case of Brits in Europe, most younger tend to go elsewhere such as OZ, NZ etc with young families.
Personally I believe we will be staying in whatever happens.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 09:05 - Feb 27 with 1733 viewsessextaxiboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 08:28 - Feb 27 by derbyhoop

Why can't it be right?

Are you afraid that the 2.2m UK nationals living in the EU appreciate the benefits and are more likely to vote to remain?

A legitimate argument would be about the length of time outside the UK before the right to vote was removed. But, for somebody using the freedom of movement to work in another EU country for a period before returning to the UK, why would you deprive them the chance to have their say in the most important political decision we'll make for a generation.

Scottish people living in England were prevented from voting in the Independence referendum .

I would say that a defining feature of the "out" campaign is that they are not afraid.
#ProjectFear
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 9:12]
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 09:07 - Feb 27 with 1733 viewsloftboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 15:21 - Feb 26 by stumbleandfall

My sample is about ten, none of those ten have been surveyed by any official organisation,all ten are in the out camp, its going to be close IMHO
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 9:30]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 09:25 - Feb 27 with 1721 viewsDorse

We'll have a better idea in May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ktkzs

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 09:51 - Feb 27 with 1705 viewsDiscodroids

I got 3mins and 36 seconds into Question Time Before a tingling sensation ran through my jaw and down my left arm when Dianne Abott started rolling her eyes and speaking in that patronising ive-never-been-so-insulted-in-all-my -life tone.

Mrs Disco banished me to the kitchen where i penned a letter to the evening standard.

to: letters@standard.co.uk
date: Thur , Feb 25, 2015 at 22:51 PM
subject: Celebrity Property Section (Battersea)

Dear Sir,
I noted with some interest in your Celebrity Property section, published yesterday (24/2/16), that the Muscular Black actor , Mr Idris Elba, has secured the purchase of a penthouse Bijou apartment in the same Battersea building as my grace and favour dwelling that i share with my Wife.

Mr Elba may be interested to know that i'll happily accept a black bull to service my Wife in the hardest possible terms , while i watch from behind the slats of louver doors in the Box bedroom.

Can you please Forward our details(enclosed), on to Mr Elba with uppermost expedience , zeal and brevity, as my wife, a demanding woman, has now reduced Mr Winston Sillcots pelvic bone to ashes , and would understandably rather Shag stray dogs in the street than sate herself with my tiny chode.

Yours Faithfully,
John Bercow,
Speaker of the House of Commons

The bastards never print my letters.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 9:52]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 09:54 - Feb 27 with 1702 viewsDiscodroids

both cracked me up this morning.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 10:48 - Feb 27 with 1678 viewsQPR_Jim

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 09:05 - Feb 27 by essextaxiboy

Scottish people living in England were prevented from voting in the Independence referendum .

I would say that a defining feature of the "out" campaign is that they are not afraid.
#ProjectFear
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 9:12]

Well the Scottish were doing it sir!

So is there a real reason or argument why brits living abroad shouldn't vote? Not digging you out, I think the debate so far has been well argued both sides.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 10:58 - Feb 27 with 1667 viewsTheBlob

I think most people have made up their minds already and I can't see the spiteful and bombastic behaviour of both sides changing any minds.
If we pull out I'm going to miss those unidentifiable cans and packets in Lidl.
The Alpine Ibex Gonads In Tangerine Aspic last week were a particular(and pleasant) surprise.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 11:18 - Feb 27 with 2074 viewsessextaxiboy

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 10:48 - Feb 27 by QPR_Jim

Well the Scottish were doing it sir!

So is there a real reason or argument why brits living abroad shouldn't vote? Not digging you out, I think the debate so far has been well argued both sides.

I havnt got a problem with them voting . A large amount of them want to come home anyway but cant sell up because of the Eurozone disaster.

I just think eligibility should be consistent across all UK citizens.
Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 11:38 - Feb 27 with 2060 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A week or so after the referendum was announced and with just under four months to go before we vote, I am already bored shitless with the whole thing!

I have as much confidence in the EU, our government/politicians as I do that C3P0 will actually sort FIFA out.

I wouldn't phish on any of them if they were on fire and do you know what, neither would you!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 14:28 - Feb 27 with 2005 viewsQPRDave

Euro Referendum - What do Loft for Words posters think? on 22:40 - Feb 26 by essextaxiboy

Cheers mate .Keep calm tomorrow

I'll do my best essex.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024