Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They look tired 20:56 - Dec 19 with 8853 viewsenfieldargh

Today's performance lacked that extra bit of snap we've seen lately. I think the players were quite drained after Tuesday's come back.

Everyone seemed a yard slower and the defence was not so tight. Jfh continually shouting at them to push up. The midfield were a bit stand offish although Karl Henry I thought had a great game and was slightly fresher than ale who looked slow today. They also didn't press high up and put bristols back four under pressure.

There were too many stray passes again today.

Konchesky fitness is quite amazing as he was all over the place often running full tilt, his crossing was a lot better today.

Green had a catastrophic episode in the first half bowling the ball short and right into a Bristol players path,

Onuhua and konchesky did OK as did Angella and hall although they all let the sub tricky winger bamboozle them and allowed Bristol to equalise.

Konchesky was really bombing forward at times but again no proper target man in the box to receive the crosses he made.

Ale slogged around the middle with quite a few wayward passes.

Junior and Matt Phillips were our main threats although they took a fair bit of time to wake up.

Seb poulter did OK but was no threat although his neat flick did lead to junior scoring our goal.

Last man to mention is I forget, oh yes leroy fer, almost forgot he was on the pitch. Poor performance by him. One or two good movements but sadly not at the races.

The tea looked a bit jaded at times but I feel good times are ahead. Just wish chaz was fit.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

They look tired on 21:13 - Dec 19 with 5158 viewskropotkin41

We were saying exactly the same as we came away - knackered!

Gawd help us over the next few weeks.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

They look tired on 21:17 - Dec 19 with 5135 viewskropotkin41

But you thought Polter did okay? My goodness I don't agree, I thought he was very poor - useless.

Fer was AWOL too.

Junior was one bright spot, Konchesky another for me today. Grim stuff - tired, tired, tired.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

They look tired on 21:42 - Dec 19 with 5031 viewsRangersDave

Interestingly, although JFH was signaling to push forward, Chief kept saying to him, 'well who's picking him up?' Pointing to their winger all alone many times in loads of space.

Many times we did not pick up that threat, and their goal was embarrassing. Failure to just clear the ball up field. But tippy tippy across and back across the back 4 in our half and losing it.
You could see a goal coming just from that poor play.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

They look tired on 21:44 - Dec 19 with 5023 viewsJigsore

Not really very surprised. I'm sure even a well-drilled team will be starting to feel the effects of JFHs preferred game let alone our lot who aren't really used to it

i'm sure soon he'll start to weed out who he doesn't think is capable of playing like that. Fer being one of them I reckon, there's a reason he didn't play with Norwich in the Championship last season and yet they signed people like Gary O'Neil, players with less 'quality' but more workrate.

who are we playing next? don't remember. Might be time to dip into the squad depth a bit and let Toszer, Luongo, Doughty, Petrasso etc. do some rotation and let them fight for a place in next years trimmed squad

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

They look tired on 21:51 - Dec 19 with 4983 viewsJonDoeman

They look tired on 21:17 - Dec 19 by kropotkin41

But you thought Polter did okay? My goodness I don't agree, I thought he was very poor - useless.

Fer was AWOL too.

Junior was one bright spot, Konchesky another for me today. Grim stuff - tired, tired, tired.

He got an assist , so there's a use without the less !

It Is What It Is !!

They look tired on 22:57 - Dec 19 with 4823 viewsplasmahoop

They look tired on 21:51 - Dec 19 by JonDoeman

The team have not been properly fit since Neil Warnock's promotion year. It's going to take some time to do that, and get rid of the dead wood
Absolutely on 22:59 - Dec 19 with 4819 viewsplasmahoop

They look tired on 21:51 - Dec 19 by JonDoeman

The team have not been properly fit since Neil Warnock's promotion year. It's going to take some time to do that, and get rid of the dead wood
They look tired on 23:35 - Dec 19 with 4718 viewsCiderwithRsie

3 games in 7 days since he started, all played with a style based on energetic running. Not surprised they looked knackered, its predictable and I suspect JFH isn't surprised.

But it's still the right approach. Some players such as Ale and Austin will need protection due to injury records that affect their ability to stand the pace but which are no fault of theirs and are outweighed by their talent. Others will have to either shape up or accept rotation for other players who may be after their place both in the team and at the club. With the squad over-sized according to our won plans, it should be possible to rotate players and that should help identify who we keep while also getting players fitter.

Not ideal if we want promotion this year, but inevitable given the pre-season shambles and perhaps also lack of commitment to fitness by some players (I speculate).

Still unbeaten in 5 games though, and the fitness should only get better.
Login to get fewer ads

They look tired on 00:14 - Dec 20 with 4624 viewssevenhoop

They look tired on 23:35 - Dec 19 by CiderwithRsie

3 games in 7 days since he started, all played with a style based on energetic running. Not surprised they looked knackered, its predictable and I suspect JFH isn't surprised.

But it's still the right approach. Some players such as Ale and Austin will need protection due to injury records that affect their ability to stand the pace but which are no fault of theirs and are outweighed by their talent. Others will have to either shape up or accept rotation for other players who may be after their place both in the team and at the club. With the squad over-sized according to our won plans, it should be possible to rotate players and that should help identify who we keep while also getting players fitter.

Not ideal if we want promotion this year, but inevitable given the pre-season shambles and perhaps also lack of commitment to fitness by some players (I speculate).

do you know what, I don't want promotion this year. Just organisation, a game plan and some stability, with a proper push next season and no Henry in the team
They look tired on 00:19 - Dec 20 with 4602 viewsbosh67

They look tired on 23:35 - Dec 19 by CiderwithRsie

Good post. It's going to take time. We have in general been a yard slower and less fit than teams we have played up until now. But I think JFH will get them to the fitness level they need to be at and they'll get better organised under him to manage the energy levels expected.

The ones that can't will either be given a chance to get up to speed or be let go in various windows.

The worry for me is Fer. He seems to be the slowest player we have. Thunderous shot but when do we ever see it these days? Seems to take far too long to get the ball under control and when he does he's knocked straight off it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

They look tired on 02:48 - Dec 20 with 4476 viewstimcocking

I have to say, I could easily sprint and press box to box for 90 minutes when I was playing. That was despite typically going out the night before having little or no sleep, food and plenty of alcohol or whatever. Ok, we have more than one Cornwall county champion amongst brothers and i, so fair enough I was a good runner, but nonetheless. I can't see any excuse for so-called professional athletes being paid all that money not being able to cover several miles in 90 minutes. Piece of p!ss, should be easy. It's not like pressing is something new. It's basic. We should always have been doing it. Any player who isn't prepared to help press for 90 minutes or, even worse, too lazy and unfit, get rid asap.

Any of them can't last 90 minutes, ridiculous. What the bloody hell have we been doing for the last year?

Ps I bet Luongo and Chery must be feeling pretty p!ssed off.
They look tired on 07:12 - Dec 20 with 4368 viewsLblock

It's a scandal that fitness is being rolled out as an issue in December and as Sir ales said the players are also culpable. I've already made my point on another thread about pre-season so won't go over that again

So another draw and not really a surprise. It was predicted by one of my colleagues that this would happen!!
The Huddersfield game now becomes quite a big one and we do really need to win it and win it well if we have play off aspirations. I hope Chery, Luongo and Doughty feature over the festive period plus also maybe young Furlong or Yun (where the hell has he gone?!?!)
The key one is Luongo coming in for Ale I reckon
I'd also like to see Chery playing off of Polter as he's more mobile and pacey than Languid Fer

Over to JFH now but as pointed out that's 5 undefeated and a squad to pick from

I'll get back to my hangover now

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

They look tired on 07:43 - Dec 20 with 4336 viewsjohncharles

Play 3 games of football in 7 days ?????!!!!!!**%Â¥##???????????
The human body just can't take it I tell you.
Forced labour. Akin to slavery. Get me the European Court of Human Rights immediately.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 7:55]

Strong and stable my arse.

They look tired on 08:26 - Dec 20 with 4275 viewsDWQPR

Thought Hoilett was MOTM yesterday and was unlucky not to get a second with thunderous shit that cannoned off the bar. Suddenly his shooting is far better, also had a good attempt in the first half that the keeper saved. Agreed that overall we looked knackered. One thing that has irritated me about the team under JFH ishaving every ma back for a corner. Under NW we had two left upfront, Hoilett being one of them and thus gives the team an outlet to counter attack, it means the opposition leaves three players back, means less players in the penalty box and more room for the keeper to try and get the cross.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

They look tired on 09:17 - Dec 20 with 4179 viewsfakekerby

If the players looked tired then why didn't we make all 3 subs and earlier in the game?

Luongo and Chery seem to be benched and ignored very unfairly at the minute. And no sign of Petrasso or Doughty who have both shown quality.

Something weird is going on here - certain players haven't been used by warnock or JFH since Ramsey left and I can't believe they've just decided Chery and Luongo aren't good enough because clearly both players have a lot of ability. I think Les has a big say in team selection.
They look tired on 09:19 - Dec 20 with 4176 viewsted_hendrix

They look tired on 08:26 - Dec 20 by DWQPR

Thought Hoilett was MOTM yesterday and was unlucky not to get a second with thunderous shit that cannoned off the bar. Suddenly his shooting is far better, also had a good attempt in the first half that the keeper saved. Agreed that overall we looked knackered. One thing that has irritated me about the team under JFH ishaving every ma back for a corner. Under NW we had two left upfront, Hoilett being one of them and thus gives the team an outlet to counter attack, it means the opposition leaves three players back, means less players in the penalty box and more room for the keeper to try and get the cross.

Thought Hoilett was MOTM yesterday and was unlucky not to get a second with thunderous shit that cannoned off the bar.

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

They look tired on 09:25 - Dec 20 with 4160 viewsstan4england

They look tired on 08:26 - Dec 20 by DWQPR

Oh the joys of predictive text! Even had my wife in stitches.
They look tired on 09:41 - Dec 20 with 4114 viewsBilly_Kershaw

They look tired on 09:19 - Dec 20 by ted_hendrix

Thought Hoilett was MOTM yesterday and was unlucky not to get a second with thunderous shit that cannoned off the bar.

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

From the first post -

"The tea looked a bit jaded at times but I feel good times are ahead."

Could this dubious beverage have been the cause of Hoilett's thunderous shit?

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

They look tired on 09:57 - Dec 20 with 4070 viewswestberksr

They look tired on 09:41 - Dec 20 by Billy_Kershaw

From the first post -

"The tea looked a bit jaded at times but I feel good times are ahead."

Could this dubious beverage have been the cause of Hoilett's thunderous shit?

Tea & shit; gutted I missed the game yesterday and went to Ascot instead......

Neither tea of thunderous shit to be seen there!

So the general jist is that 5 games in and Fer is still too slow/lazy/complacent, are any of us even slightly surprised?
They look tired on 10:06 - Dec 20 with 4047 viewsRangersw12

You could see from the players body language when they ran out that they clearly wasn't up for it today and it was a typical Rangers away performance

Can't wait to see the back of Green, Hoilett , Fer , Sandro etc
They look tired on 10:12 - Dec 20 with 4024 viewsBlue_Castello

They look tired on 09:57 - Dec 20 by westberksr

Tea & shit; gutted I missed the game yesterday and went to Ascot instead......

Neither tea of thunderous shit to be seen there!

So the general jist is that 5 games in and Fer is still too slow/lazy/complacent, are any of us even slightly surprised?

My genuine Hope is that we are playing Fer to keep him fit and in the shop window for January, to think he is keeping Luongo out of the team is criminal.
They look tired on 10:13 - Dec 20 with 4019 viewsSimonJames

Three games in 7 days, bo11ocks. What are they being all that money paid for if they can't manage to run around for 90 minutes in a day?
It's not as if it's extra work, since they are mainly substituting hard training for more game time. Most champions in any sport do their hardest work in training.

Loads of people training for a marathon do more than that daily for months.
For the 3 years I was at college, me and many of my friends played rugby for the college on a Wednesday, our clubs on a Saturday and very often the local pub team on a Sunday. And we weren't getting paid.
Also I'll bet there are plenty of labourers that work physically harder then that every day for decades.
We supposedly have a squad of 25. Are they all injured? Is the difference in skill between the top half and the bottom so wide that they're simply making up the numbers? How come Forest manage to win the league and back to back European cups with a squad of about 15?
I would be seriously embarrassed as a professional if I couldn't manage to play a mid week game every once in a while.

100% of people who drink water will die.

They look tired on 10:27 - Dec 20 with 3995 viewsPinnerPaul

They look tired on 10:06 - Dec 20 by Rangersw12

You could see from the players body language when they ran out that they clearly wasn't up for it today and it was a typical Rangers away performance

Can't wait to see the back of Green, Hoilett , Fer , Sandro etc

Cotterill said without Green it would have been 4-1?

Thoughts?

Does that mean he paid back the 2 points he "lost" us on Tuesday?
They look tired on 10:45 - Dec 20 with 3945 viewsisawqpratwcity

They look tired on 09:17 - Dec 20 by fakekerby

If the players looked tired then why didn't we make all 3 subs and earlier in the game?

Luongo and Chery seem to be benched and ignored very unfairly at the minute. And no sign of Petrasso or Doughty who have both shown quality.

Something weird is going on here - certain players haven't been used by warnock or JFH since Ramsey left and I can't believe they've just decided Chery and Luongo aren't good enough because clearly both players have a lot of ability. I think Les has a big say in team selection.

So why would it have been different under Ramsey?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

They look tired on 12:06 - Dec 20 with 3844 viewsDWQPR

They look tired on 10:27 - Dec 20 by PinnerPaul

Cotterill said without Green it would have been 4-1?

Thoughts?

Does that mean he paid back the 2 points he "lost" us on Tuesday?

Green made a couple of good saves nothing which any other keeper could have made but also dropped a bòllock when he dwelt on the ball too long and was robbed of it by one of their forwards. That moment early on gave City a lot more belief in pressing us back, up until that point we looked like the only team that would win. Their keeper also made an excellent save from Phillips early in the second half and Phillips almost scored from a cross shot that just went past the far post, and that with Hoilett's thunderous shit I would say that a draw was a fair result in the end, in a match where for the most part both teams gave their all in very testing conditions.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024