Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are they now??? 22:47 - Apr 2 with 9254 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

This picture is from 1980, I spent the 90s in the Red Lion, what a decade! But who are these people???

Where are they now??? on 22:55 - Apr 2 with 9241 viewsFredManRave

Looks like the under 15 football team to me.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Where are they now??? on 16:42 - Apr 3 with 8859 viewsthemodfather

looks to me like they heard brighton were coming !!
Where are they now??? on 18:10 - Apr 3 with 8769 viewsQPR1882

It's the start of the queue to see the Aussie
Where are they now??? on 07:53 - Apr 4 with 8560 viewsbarabajagal

It's the cast of Grange Hill. 'Aw leave it aahht Tucker...'
Where are they now??? on 08:01 - Apr 4 with 8551 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Where are they now??? on 18:10 - Apr 3 by QPR1882

It's the start of the queue to see the Aussie

The Aussie (Colin Hindmarsh), proper entertainer. Various clips on You Tube if you fancy a trip down memory lane. Sadly passed away in 1994.

The following tribute is from 'The Stage' magazine (January 1995);

"The Aussie entertainer died last year after a short illness in London. 'Alive with Colin Hindmarsh' so said the calling card. And alive you came when he was on stage, or else. No long faces or he was likely to tell you to get down to the pub down the street or squirt you with his water pistol. Born in Weston, a small coal mining town near Newcastle, New South Wales, Colin landed on these shores in 1960 after a successful start to his career in Australia.

It was not long before he became a big hit on the English pub scene. He revelled in audience participation. He sang and played music from the twenties, thirties, forties, fifties and sixties with great accomplishment, even throwing in bits of the classics for good measure.

His audience knew all the music he played and they raised the roof singing and dancing to his bidding. The testimony to his great popularity was his 27 years at the Rising Sun in Sudbury Hill (Pub Entertainer of the year 1978) alternating with his 28 years with the cruise company P&O. So popular was he with the passengers on the Canberra that many booked especially for the cruises he worked on."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024