Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Dunne 22:53 - Oct 27 with 4182 viewssmegma

You the man !!

That's all.
Richard Dunne on 12:34 - Oct 28 with 1155 viewsSnipper

Richard Dunne on 08:36 - Oct 28 by danehoop

What he brings to the back 4 is leadership and direction. He is constantly talking and looking to organise those around him and keep the defensive shape. Anything physical and down the middle you will always have him as a favourite for. Pace and guile, particularly coming in from down the wide channels and cutting in, are a problem for him at this level now. The difference though is that we now have full backs with pace and a bit of physicality to support from those positions and Henry doing a great job disrupting play and keeping it tight and simple in the midfield.

In the Championship the problem that Dunne faced was having to play so many games having only just got back to full fitness. In the Premiership there is a longer space between games which seems to allow him greater recovery time. If he plays 30 games this season it will be quite something, but that delay in bringing him in this year may have helped him.

In terms of attitude between him and Rio, not sure that there is so much between them. They were both bought into play in very different systems, Rio is better through 3 at the back, whilst seems much happier in a back 4 role. They have both been good international players (though neither truly world class) and huge experience that they bring to bear. I think they are both quite tactically astute about how to play the game as a result.

At this point I think that Dunne brings a little more leadership to those around him on the pitch which seems to be bringing out a bit more confidence and understanding of respective roles. That in turn is making them look much more like a defensive unit. For Rio the defence were still trying to get used to new personnel, roles and responsibilities and there wasnt necessarily the time for an effective partnership to really gel before bagpuss abandoned the system entirely. There will always be a question of why bagpuss bought specifically for a new system only to abandon it so quickly and then be surprised why players struggled.

For me though the question is one of concentration. Dunne seems to be really switched on throughout the game and actively looking for risks/threats and keeping the defence alert. Rio didnt seem to be able to do that for a whole game either individually or leading the defence. Again that may in part be down to the change in system, but it does show the importance of being absolutely clear in roles and responsibilities.

Good post danehoop.
Richard Dunne on 12:36 - Oct 28 with 1150 viewskensalriser

So the currect pecking order is...

Caulker
Dunne
Ferdinand
Hill

personally I'd move Hill up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Richard Dunne on 12:41 - Oct 28 with 1136 viewsrobith

Beyond just his performance, every time Yun made a tackle, intercepted, won a free kick, Dunne was straight over, giving him a pat on the back and encouraging him

I think confidence in teams is a big factor too in how Dunne and Ferdinand have differed. Rio likes to take the ball down, look to play it out. In a team low on confidence and shaky in defence that's a very quick way to spread panic. Dunne just got rid every time - for a team initially a little low on confidence, getting those breaks and chances to reset the shape were really important and allowed us to build in stature over the course of the game
Richard Dunne on 12:52 - Oct 28 with 1116 viewsDiscodroids

Richard Dunne on 12:36 - Oct 28 by kensalriser

So the currect pecking order is...

Caulker
Dunne
Ferdinand
Hill

personally I'd move Hill up.

for me ned and caulker would still be the number one partnership..

ive sung dunnes praises today , and he was my mom..but it was against a ring rusty benteke and a villa side that now havnt scored in 5.

i also think dunne should be used sparingly and not flogged like a nag in the first world war mud baths as he was last season

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Richard Dunne on 13:21 - Oct 28 with 1081 viewsbrad

great stuff by richard dunne!!you the man!!
Richard Dunne on 13:35 - Oct 28 with 1052 viewskensalriser

Richard Dunne on 12:52 - Oct 28 by Discodroids

for me ned and caulker would still be the number one partnership..

ive sung dunnes praises today , and he was my mom..but it was against a ring rusty benteke and a villa side that now havnt scored in 5.

i also think dunne should be used sparingly and not flogged like a nag in the first world war mud baths as he was last season

Schoolboy error leaving out the big O. Yeah I'd have him second or third choice with Dunne and Hill interchanging for the old head slot.

Had to have a laugh when Bent and Cole lumbered on - at that point I thought we had a decent chance of making the three points. It was almost like watching QPR as an opposition supporter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Richard Dunne on 13:56 - Oct 28 with 1033 viewswestolian

Before you all go creaming yourselves over Richard Dunne can I point out that he was marking a player who was playing his 3rd game in 9 months after Achilles surgery

Just thought some perspective was needed !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Richard Dunne on 14:02 - Oct 28 with 1025 viewsPinnerPaul

Richard Dunne on 13:56 - Oct 28 by westolian

Before you all go creaming yourselves over Richard Dunne can I point out that he was marking a player who was playing his 3rd game in 9 months after Achilles surgery

Just thought some perspective was needed !

Funny that everyone was fretting over how he was going to get done by Agbonlehor before the match!

Even Villa had more than one player attacking!
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Dunne on 15:25 - Oct 28 with 989 viewsA40Bosh

Richard Dunne on 14:02 - Oct 28 by PinnerPaul

Funny that everyone was fretting over how he was going to get done by Agbonlehor before the match!

Was it just me or did any notice as the game was just about to start the Sky cameras panned on to Agbonlehor who was standing there looking half asleep, totally uninterested and really out of shape?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Richard Dunne on 18:18 - Oct 28 with 946 viewssmegma

Richard Dunne on 12:25 - Oct 28 by TacticalR

Some of my best friends are Aryans.

Is Redknapp a Harryan ?
Richard Dunne on 01:13 - Oct 29 with 904 viewsRangersAreBack

Richard Dunne on 07:19 - Oct 28 by 18StoneOfHoop

May 10th 2014 SpiritofGregory

Dunne is past his sell by date.

Dunne's lack of pace is a weak link in our team.

May 10th 2014 18StoneOfHoop

No way will he be dropped at this late stage - obviously one of the first players Harry puts on the team sheet. I think the many Richard Dunne critics on these boards overstate their case. No way are his legs as shot as say Webb & McLintock circa 1978. Yes,he has had lapses in the second half of the season after an excellent first but to my mind he 's as quick and mobile as any other centre-back - a position where anticipation & experience are just as important as sheer speed - in this division.I can see him rising to the occasion in the next 2 games and marking Chris Martin would be right up his street. We will see.

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1306&start=40

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/ireland/1921/richard-dunne

Official MotM at Wembley same again last night..write him off at your peril.

Self praise is no praise at all.

That aside, Dunne was solid yesterday and deserves to stay in ahead of Rio. My only concern is whether he'll tire from playing week in, week out.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 1:23]
Richard Dunne on 07:50 - Oct 29 with 862 viewswestolian

Richard Dunne on 14:02 - Oct 28 by PinnerPaul

Not everyone, cos I didn't

And we had 4 defending !!

Let's not make out that RD single-handedly won us the game, he played well but will have a lot harder games coming up.

There is a reason why Villa haven't scored for yonks !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Richard Dunne on 14:35 - Oct 29 with 831 viewsDylanP

There are a lot of games ina season and it is good that we have some options. I can't see any of Rio, Dunne or Clint being able to play every game of the season and Onouha is already slightly injured.

Dunne was great today. Fought the good fight and came out on top. Without him there's a good chance something gets through the wall, although I thought Caulker also put in a good shift and was there for a lot of interceptions as well.

Having said that, we were playing Aston Villa, who were poor and are slumping at the moment. I will not be shocked if we look a lot lesss secure at the back (whoever is there) against Scum and Citeh. Those are going to be tough games and I just hope the fans don't freak out if things don't go to plan.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024