Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back from Warsaw this morning 10:49 - Oct 16 with 1535 viewsQPunkR

Jesus what an atmosphere at the game on Saturday! Dunno if anyone watched the game through boredom on ITV4 but it was absolutely mental in the stadium. The national anthem and chants were enough to send masses of tingles up the spine. Truly special.
The Scotland game was a bit more meh (I did predict a 2-2 draw but didn't manage to bet on it! ) but I've never seen as many men in skirts as I have the last couple of days in Warsaw - they were everywhere!

QPR - "shit but local"

Just back from Warsaw this morning on 14:06 - Oct 16 with 1387 viewssmegma

Did they close the roof ? Only i missed a game two years ago due to Polish incompetence.
Just back from Warsaw this morning on 15:01 - Oct 16 with 1342 viewsTelford_QPR

Came back yesterday from Scotland game...one of those in a skirt

Great city and really good atmosphere between fans - they were still buzzing about the result on Staurday. On day 2 of my hangover though.
Just back from Warsaw this morning on 15:37 - Oct 16 with 1313 viewsQPunkR

Just back from Warsaw this morning on 14:06 - Oct 16 by smegma

Did they close the roof ? Only i missed a game two years ago due to Polish incompetence.

Or perhaps because of the specifications of such a large and heavy roof? Or the German design team? No, Polish incompetence obviously

QPR - "shit but local"

Just back from Warsaw this morning on 15:41 - Oct 16 with 1302 viewsbatmanhoop

I thought it was a cracking game, lesson for Rangers to keep going. As much as I enjoyed that game, Denmark v. Portugal was absolute pony
Just back from Warsaw this morning on 15:46 - Oct 16 with 1290 viewsQPunkR

Just back from Warsaw this morning on 15:01 - Oct 16 by Telford_QPR

Came back yesterday from Scotland game...one of those in a skirt

Great city and really good atmosphere between fans - they were still buzzing about the result on Staurday. On day 2 of my hangover though.

Agreed, no bad blood between fans at all from what I saw being there since Friday.
The only untoward incident I heard of was the German fans smashing up the toilets in the away end after the game - did you lot have somewhere to pi$$ by the time of the game on Tuesday?

Also, why didn't the Scots join in with the Mexican waves. We'd have left it at one but kept going to get some reaction. As far as I could make out there was only 1 away fan trying to keep the wave going round the stadium.
(I should at this moment point out I'm not usually a fan of Mexican waves, but it was a good vibed match apart from a couple of niggly incidents)

QPR - "shit but local"

Just back from Warsaw this morning on 18:00 - Oct 16 with 1193 viewsQPRski

The Germany match on Saturday was stunning. A great atmosphere and a superb smash and grab win against the run of play. If only the R's showed such character.

Tuesday's match against Scotland was much more of a rollercoaster of emotions. Too many mistakes and some reluctance from the ref to stamp out some early rough tackling.

But yes. Two great games that were enjoyable to see live. Great entertainment!
Just back from Warsaw this morning on 21:02 - Oct 16 with 1060 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I commuted back and forth to Poland for two years - man they hate the Germans, And the Russians too. I used to get asked about the supposed hatred between Ireland and England just used to laugh - ours is a good natured rivalry these days apart from a few politicos and knuckleheads. Their rivalry is tangible. A few of my Polish friends tried to explain their complicated history to me. They've had so many wars, well invasions really, I couldn't keep track of them all, and it was easy to understand their hostility.

I'm glad it went off well. There were a few incidents during the Euros which both sides could've done without.

I was in Amsterdam on the night during Euro '88 when Holland beat Germany for the very first time. The party was just sensational! The streets afterwards were mobbed, apparently the biggest party since VE day. Free love was the order of the night. Just my luck that I'd go to Amsterdam on the night when everything you wanted was free!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back from Warsaw this morning on 22:26 - Oct 16 with 988 viewsQPR1882

Hotel Gromada in Warsaw.

Has anyone stayed there and managed to get any sleep ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024