Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread 18:49 - Jul 3 with 6907 viewsDeptfordR

Really don't see it as a bad thing tbh, yes there is a possibility he might break down in the first game and be injured for a year but, It is also worth bearing in mind, that ANY player could break down or get injured and be out for a year or life (Richard Ord anyone?).

But he might not get injured or fall apart.

He might play 25-30 games, his experience may be invaluable (remember the up roar when we signed Clint Hill and Ryan Nelson). He may help Caulker (of course IF he joins) to a spot in the England team, there is one there for the taking. We have Nedum Onuoha who can learn from him still at 27.

We have Ehmer, Harriman, Sendles-White who could all learn from one of the best defenders England have produced in the last 30

And to top it all off it will cost us (if figures are to be believed in regards wages) under 3million quid.

Yes, yes I am actually quite happy.
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 11:13 - Jul 4 with 1534 viewsdaveB

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 10:41 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

Dunne would never keep us up in a million years .You talking about Nelsen?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 10:51]

With Dunne I thought last year if we got a good 15 games out of him we'd go up, feel the same about Ferdinand this year
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 11:16 - Jul 4 with 1527 viewsPommyhoop

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 10:23 - Jul 4 by daveB

not about being a coach more passing on his experience, it's a gamble to sign him but I'd look at it the same as Dunne, if you can get 15 good performances out of him then we'll stay up and he is still capable of that

Yet I think Dunne can teach / coach young centre half just as well as Ferdinand.

Thanks to kyser for that quote on the other thread...
Sums it up perfectly .If you want an old head who might put in a shift now and then weve got our man in Dunne..I mean Dunne's exploits in his carreer are going to be a bit nearer to what our young CB's are going to face than Rio's Prem titles and Euro cup wins and World club cup wins..
[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 11:17]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:40 - Jul 4 with 1493 viewsDeptfordR

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 09:38 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

35 ,nearly 36 ...injury problems well known about..How many times are we going to see Rio line up with Chief. H is just like Hughes was with Johnson in that he arrogantly thinks /hopes that the player will sudenly become immune to his old injury woes when he signs for us...

My dear Pommyhoop, you do not seem to have read the title of this thread. This is the I'm actually quite pleased thread, for people of a like minded view point that he could be a decent signing.

Could I direct you to the 'I'm really rather miffed we are signing Ferdinand' thread?

Either that or let some waves of positivity roll over you, like a piece of driftwood sitting on a beach in the Maldives. There must be something you feel that could be positive in this?

With kindest regards
DeptfordR
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:44 - Jul 4 with 1491 viewsTopCat34

On a 1 year deal I really don't think you can go wrong. An experienced player who I think has a desire to be liked by everyone that he will put in a shift if he can stay fit. If we can get Caulker or Lascelles not a bad bit of business in the defensive department.
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:51 - Jul 4 with 1485 viewsWeaverQPR

If your going to sign a 35 yo you might as well sign one of the best of his age in the world

@WeavQPR

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:55 - Jul 4 with 1476 viewsTacticalR

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:40 - Jul 4 by DeptfordR

My dear Pommyhoop, you do not seem to have read the title of this thread. This is the I'm actually quite pleased thread, for people of a like minded view point that he could be a decent signing.

Could I direct you to the 'I'm really rather miffed we are signing Ferdinand' thread?

Either that or let some waves of positivity roll over you, like a piece of driftwood sitting on a beach in the Maldives. There must be something you feel that could be positive in this?

With kindest regards
DeptfordR

You should have posted a clear 'no knockers' warning.

Air hostess clique

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:56 - Jul 4 with 1473 viewsPommyhoop

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:40 - Jul 4 by DeptfordR

With kindest regards
DeptfordR

When I start my thread titled .H is a lazy prick who always goes for players he knows about, whatever the age, whatever the cost, whatever the risk. You are most welcome to comment on it.
THe place would be boring otherwise.

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:59 - Jul 4 with 1459 viewssimmo

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 12:51 - Jul 4 by WeaverQPR

If your going to sign a 35 yo you might as well sign one of the best of his age in the world

Ha ha, Pirlo he aint!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:00 - Jul 4 with 1458 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought we were going to be a club that learned? A club with a defined policy? A club with rules? Yet every time a player flashes his knickers at us, we make an exception to our new rules. If you keep making exception to your rules, the there comes a point where they're not really rules at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:05 - Jul 4 with 1448 viewsPommyhoop

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:00 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought we were going to be a club that learned? A club with a defined policy? A club with rules? Yet every time a player flashes his knickers at us, we make an exception to our new rules. If you keep making exception to your rules, the there comes a point where they're not really rules at all.

'Tis what I said Brian.
>>
It just seems to me that everyone just moves the goalposts when H is involved.I thought everyone had agreed that.''this club should not be a place for good players to come and die'. Rio ticks every box. He's nearly 36 and he's won everything available to a Prem player apart from a world Cup and his latter career is riddled with injuries. Should be a no brainer .AVOID ...Dodge that bullet. But nah .H sais he's a goodun and pple just cave in ..
<<

But as always you said it better..

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:06 - Jul 4 with 1446 viewsadhoc_qpr

Doesn't set a great precedent for our summer transfers does it? Old, expensive, injury prone, big 'name' on the way down.

But taken in isolation, if Ferdinand can play 25 games for us next season we'll be better off points wise than if Dunne does! And it's only a 1 year deal, so it won't hang around our neck financially like SWP for example.
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:22 - Jul 4 with 1430 viewsCapeTownR

I am thinking that Rio is actually just a pawn in this game. Corker is the real target but HR needed to attract him and the chance to play with Rio might be enough, so great deflection by whoever. Also if our bid for NF lad is rejected as has been reported why dont we get him and loan him back there for a year but only if we get Rio and Caulker because in 12 months we wii have 3 cbs leaving. Rio, Clint and Dunne?.
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:23 - Jul 4 with 1429 viewsDeptfordR

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:05 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

'Tis what I said Brian.
>>
It just seems to me that everyone just moves the goalposts when H is involved.I thought everyone had agreed that.''this club should not be a place for good players to come and die'. Rio ticks every box. He's nearly 36 and he's won everything available to a Prem player apart from a world Cup and his latter career is riddled with injuries. Should be a no brainer .AVOID ...Dodge that bullet. But nah .H sais he's a goodun and pple just cave in ..
<<

The same H who signed Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips? The same H who if stories are to be believed is looking at Caulker, Lascalles, Lansbury?

Dunne and Hill won't play much if we sign Ferdinand and Caulker, barring injury of course.

If Ferdinand is the only player signed over 30 will you still be disappointed or do you not think that his experience will benefit us in the slightest?
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:26 - Jul 4 with 1421 viewsPommyhoop

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:23 - Jul 4 by DeptfordR

The same H who signed Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips? The same H who if stories are to be believed is looking at Caulker, Lascalles, Lansbury?

Dunne and Hill won't play much if we sign Ferdinand and Caulker, barring injury of course.

If Ferdinand is the only player signed over 30 will you still be disappointed or do you not think that his experience will benefit us in the slightest?

The same H who nearly popped his vein over Wayne Bridge and Scotty Parker.
Thank f'ck Tony held his nerve over them 2.

And forget Charlie Austin .He was a 2nd prize after H failed to get his first target Hooper...
[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 13:37]

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:30 - Jul 4 with 1413 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:05 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

'Tis what I said Brian.
>>
<<

Hmm, I did more or less steal your post, didn't I?!

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:35 - Jul 4 with 1319 viewsPommyhoop

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:30 - Jul 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Hmm, I did more or less steal your post, didn't I?!

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 1306 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:35 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

Definitely not serious - it's Friday!

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:59 - Jul 4 with 1289 viewsDeptfordR

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:26 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

The same H who nearly popped his vein over Wayne Bridge and Scotty Parker.
Thank f'ck Tony held his nerve over them 2.

And forget Charlie Austin .He was a 2nd prize after H failed to get his first target Hooper...
[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 13:37]

I would suggest he targeted both but couldn't get hooper, we were still looking for another forward.(Belfodil springs to mind)
The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 14:06 - Jul 4 with 1280 viewsPommyhoop

The 'I'm actually quite pleased if we sign Ferdinand' thread on 13:59 - Jul 4 by DeptfordR

I would suggest he targeted both but couldn't get hooper, we were still looking for another forward.(Belfodil springs to mind)

No one will never know. Thats the beauty of H .No one knows .He's a cockney sparra enigma.
Bleedin' Twiffic !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024