Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea city going global 10:36 - Jun 18 with 2977 viewsReslovenSwan1

This is good news. If Swansea just recycle championship regulars like Patterson Lowe and co it will result in middle table obscurity and eye popping losses as average Joe's demand wages of half a million and blow hot and cold. Read Stoke city.

Far better to get some hungry youngsters desperate to get to the PL like Ronald with a big upside. Sadly it looks as it some of the local u21 do not have the hunger and have not used thee long contracts given to them to hone their skills.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cn4492eg4y8o
[Post edited 18 Jun 10:38]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea city going global on 11:37 - Jun 18 with 1861 viewsWhiterockin

So our pathetic owners had one success and are bigging it up, what about the multiple disasters last season. If only they had the football knowledge and business nous to have a squad development plan instead of selling our best players and buying shite.

We have a history of.

1 Buying players who just do not fit the way the coach wants us to play.

2 Buying players who are shite and immediately sending them out on loan, never to be seen again.

3 Buying players who we put on the bench for half a season, never to get on the pitch.

Far better to have an actual plan to buy and develop decent players, but you would need owners with football sense and understanding to do that and not have a unexperienced football chairman whose previous experience is in hospitality.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea city going global on 11:45 - Jun 18 with 1850 viewsRichardO

The u21s or younger players need to be given chances to step up to the first team more often,what very little I saw of the U21s it did look as if they are playing by numbers Congreve in the first game he was always working hard looking to find space also by coming inside leaving room for Joe Thomas to step up wide players standing out from the rest, Congreve did need to keep a closer look at his defensive game , the second game he played up top and was all at sea.
Until these youngsters get a good run out with the first team it is hard to tell if they will sink or swim, learn by their mistakes or not progress, as we saw with a young Guehi he didn't initially cover himself in glory and had to bide his time in the squad to become a first choice player.
This year do we sacrifice one or two points to youthful errors to reap the rewards in the future?
Swansea city going global on 12:42 - Jun 18 with 1775 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city going global on 11:37 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

So our pathetic owners had one success and are bigging it up, what about the multiple disasters last season. If only they had the football knowledge and business nous to have a squad development plan instead of selling our best players and buying shite.

We have a history of.

2 Buying players who are shite and immediately sending them out on loan, never to be seen again.

3 Buying players who we put on the bench for half a season, never to get on the pitch.

Far better to have an actual plan to buy and develop decent players, but you would need owners with football sense and understanding to do that and not have a unexperienced football chairman whose previous experience is in hospitality.

And I was just starting to enjoy summer
Soon we will be back to bitching about how great Grimesy is

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea city going global on 17:15 - Jun 18 with 1578 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city going global on 12:42 - Jun 18 by onehunglow

And I was just starting to enjoy summer
Soon we will be back to bitching about how great Grimesy is

Not me. Don't care any more.
Swansea city going global on 17:19 - Jun 18 with 1575 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city going global on 11:37 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

We have a history of.

Gyorkeres was a Swansea flop too remember? A Whittaker remember him. Decent recruitment snubbed by managers with a short term outlook.

It is not clear if Kuharevych and Njoe and On are complete busts. Pederson is versatile and experienced.

Key, Tymon and Ronald are sound signings. Peterson can play CB if Wood goes. Loans were not great admittedly but they are young players by definition. The club flip flopped styles which did not help them

Swansea city going global on 18:31 - Jun 18 with 1504 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city going global on 17:15 - Jun 18 by SullutaCreturned

Not me. Don't care any more.

h. One on come on come on come on come on
Mun

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea city going global on 19:56 - Jun 18 with 1410 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea city going global on 17:19 - Jun 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Gyorkeres was a Swansea flop too remember? A Whittaker remember him. Decent recruitment snubbed by managers with a short term outlook.

It is not clear if Kuharevych and Njoe and On are complete busts. Pederson is versatile and experienced.

Key, Tymon and Ronald are sound signings. Peterson can play CB if Wood goes. Loans were not great admittedly but they are young players by definition. The club flip flopped styles which did not help them

You header is Swansea City going global as is the article you highlighted. Key is not global, Pederson and Njoe A On have been loaned out, Kuharevych is continually benched. As I say one global success the rest are failures, a lot of smoke here being blown up supporters backsides, only the gullible are being sucked in.

Swansea city going global on 20:17 - Jun 18 with 1366 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city going global on 19:56 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

You header is Swansea City going global as is the article you highlighted. Key is not global, Pederson and Njoe A On have been loaned out, Kuharevych is continually benched. As I say one global success the rest are failures, a lot of smoke here being blown up supporters backsides, only the gullible are being sucked in.

The club have invested in a beefed up recruitment with a global perspective. This is a new approach above and beyond last summer as I understand it.

I see no reason to be negative. Williams is clearly very much on board

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea city going global on 20:27 - Jun 18 with 1344 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea city going global on 20:17 - Jun 18 by ReslovenSwan1

The club have invested in a beefed up recruitment with a global perspective. This is a new approach above and beyond last summer as I understand it.

Williams will use what he is given within the financial restraints that are allowed. Currently we are handcuffed until the end of the month. If he was not "on board" he would be gone, not the first. We are paying the penalty of last summers disastrous window overseen by Chairman Coleman. Will this summer be better, I really hope so, but we don't have a major player to sell and Woods will be nowhere near enough if we have any ambition.

Swansea city going global on 20:34 - Jun 18 with 1318 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea city going global on 20:27 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

Williams will use what he is given within the financial restraints that are allowed. Currently we are handcuffed until the end of the month. If he was not "on board" he would be gone, not the first. We are paying the penalty of last summers disastrous window overseen by Chairman Coleman. Will this summer be better, I really hope so, but we don't have a major player to sell and Woods will be nowhere near enough if we have any ambition.

Can’t see him going to Southampton if Rodon gets the nod.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea city going global on 20:40 - Jun 18 with 1305 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea city going global on 20:34 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

Nor me and IMO nobody else will pay an inflated fee.

Swansea city going global on 21:06 - Jun 18 with 1234 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea city going global on 20:40 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

Nor me and IMO nobody else will pay an inflated fee.

I suppose Leicester or Ipswich would be interested, but to try and estimate his price is hard. He would flourish at a club like Ipswich. Maybe not initially but definitely after a season. For me he has all the attributes, but it isn’t going to happen for him at the Swans.

£8M plus certain add ons and most certainly a proper sell on fee. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Swansea city going global on 21:21 - Jun 18 with 1202 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea city going global on 21:06 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

I suppose Leicester or Ipswich would be interested, but to try and estimate his price is hard. He would flourish at a club like Ipswich. Maybe not initially but definitely after a season. For me he has all the attributes, but it isn’t going to happen for him at the Swans.

£8M plus certain add ons and most certainly a proper sell on fee. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If we are not careful we will end up with a player who doesn't want to be here and we don't want.

Swansea city going global on 21:47 - Jun 18 with 1170 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea city going global on 21:21 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

If we are not careful we will end up with a player who doesn't want to be here and we don't want.

He definitely wants away. Won’t sign a new contract, so we are in he hands of others.

Swansea city going global on 21:52 - Jun 18 with 1157 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city going global on 21:21 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

Someone will be interested in Wood. Leeds perhaps? An England U 21 player only 21 with a good number of championship games under his belt and good physically attributes. Such options are rare.

Swansea city going global on 22:26 - Jun 18 with 1113 viewsBoundy

Swansea city going global on 20:34 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

Rodon or Wood hmmmmm

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea city going global on 11:48 - Jun 19 with 954 viewsSkewenMitch

Remember the good days when we shot up the league and into Europe signing mostly unknow/untried Spanish players with a sprinkling of Dutch
Swansea city going global on 12:24 - Jun 19 with 909 viewsbuilthjack

I can see him going for £3-4million plus add ons.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea city going global on 17:18 - Jun 19 with 777 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city going global on 20:17 - Jun 18 by ReslovenSwan1

We had a global perspective when we were in the EPL, we signed players across Europe and even from the Americas.

We can't afford it now. We are just looking further afield for cheap players who may turn out good. It's a hard market because a lot of clubs, even lower end EPL clubs are in that market too and several of them have more money than us too.
Swansea city going global on 17:50 - Jun 19 with 745 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea city going global on 17:18 - Jun 19 by SullutaCreturned

We had a global perspective when we were in the EPL, we signed players across Europe and even from the Americas.

We can't afford it now. We are just looking further afield for cheap players who may turn out good. It's a hard market because a lot of clubs, even lower end EPL clubs are in that market too and several of them have more money than us too.

Let’s see how Coleman’s Spanish speaking influencers can help. 😉

Swansea city going global on 18:27 - Jun 19 with 717 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city going global on 17:50 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

Let’s see how Coleman’s Spanish speaking influencers can help. 😉

I read report of six new scouts in different geographic areas. Swansea will always be outbid even for current players like Patterson. It is a question of value for money. There are players out there twice as good as Patterson at half the price.

Swansea city going global on 20:39 - Jun 19 with 661 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea city going global on 18:27 - Jun 19 by ReslovenSwan1

I read report of six new scouts in different geographic areas. Swansea will always be outbid even for current players like Patterson. It is a question of value for money. There are players out there twice as good as Patterson at half the price.

That may be true but it won't matter if other clubs offer more money than us.
Swansea city going global on 21:41 - Jun 19 with 622 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city going global on 20:39 - Jun 19 by SullutaCreturned

That may be true but it won't matter if other clubs offer more money than us.

This is why Swansea have to take calculated risks and get players in before they come to attention. Also players with room to develop. The club has done it in the past to great success.

The manic depressives on here say things like . "He cannot be any good or he would not have come to Swansea". One wonders why the follow Swansea at all.

Swansea city going global on 21:54 - Jun 19 with 607 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea city going global on 18:27 - Jun 19 by ReslovenSwan1

These six scouts. Are they already employed and are they full time. Or are they not yet employed and the part time first team video scouts that the club are trying to recruit.

Swansea city going global on 08:24 - Jun 20 with 504 viewsEagleEye

Swansea city going global on 21:47 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

He definitely wants away. Won’t sign a new contract, so we are in he hands of others.

Clearly has no affinity or loyalty to the club who practically saved his career. This attitude is a concern & tells us something about how the club is perceived by a number of players at the moment. He should start the season below the likes of Cabango, Darling, Lissah in the pecking order. He is really not that good anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024