Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. 21:59 - Sep 25 with 14184 viewsqpr_1968

where do your alligiance lie....or even other...not biased at all.

we all travel from afar or near.....

me, around the corner ......wormholt road.

i've done this one before aint i.

who's going to leeds.

sorry chaps, bored and pissed.

xtc take over.
i

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 10:54 - Sep 26 with 2127 viewsE17hoop

Curveball...East Acton

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 10:56 - Sep 26 with 2127 viewsJuzzie

Born just off Ladbroke Grove and grew up just off Portobello Road so my allegiances are very much there.

Spent a lot of my mid-teen yoof in Northolt as had a friend there (lived in Earlsmead, right behind Harrow Borough FC) and we'd all buzz around up there at weekends on our motorbikes.

Other than QPR, Shepherds Bush holds no ties to me.
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 11:38 - Sep 26 with 2045 viewsw7r

Harlesden born, Perivale raised, schooled in Northolt, Hanwell for the last 26 years.
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 11:39 - Sep 26 with 2044 viewsA40Bosh

Have been fighting to distance myself from Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith for last 55 years but keep getting dragged back.

Mum arrived over from Co. Kerry aged 5 and lived in Winthrop House until she met dad who came over from Co. Kilkenny aged 16 years and 3 weeks (his words). They rented a flat in Fulham for 12months but then bought a house in Wembley when I arrived in 1967.

We then got posh and moved all the way out to Eastcote (no longer posh) which I emotionally consider ‘home’.

However I got sent back to Shepherds Bush for secondary school, first and then many jobs in Hammersmith.

Now in the more down at heal southern end of Ruislip still trying to work out if I will ever be able to afford to move back to Eastcote. 😂

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 2026 viewsDavieQPR

Paddington
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 11:48 - Sep 26 with 2012 viewsjoe90

I associate QPR with, Shepherds Bush, Acton, Harlseden, Hammersmith, Kilburn, Kensal etc.

I know we draw a lot of our fan base from a lot further out, but I've always seen us as an inner city football club.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 12:11]
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 11:49 - Sep 26 with 2002 viewsMrSheen

Kilburn-Cricklewood-Dollis Hill.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 11:49]
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:09 - Sep 26 with 1954 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colindale.

Even the name is boring!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:19 - Sep 26 with 1897 viewsMrSheen

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:09 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Colindale.

Even the name is boring!

What do you mean? Behind the goal glamour, Colindale For Volkswagen!
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:20 - Sep 26 with 1896 viewsHAYESBOY

Ayes then migrated to Uxbridge.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:22 - Sep 26 with 1889 viewsted_hendrix

Born In Queen Charlotte's.

Lived In Highlever Road as a nipper, moved and moved and spent most of my youth In childrens homes all over bloody London.

Now living In Wantage South Oxfordshire In a new house we bought 4 years ago and we love It.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 12:31]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:38 - Sep 26 with 1830 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Greenford-Roehampton-East-Sheen-Roehampton-Greenford-Wimbledon-Perth (WA)-Greenford-Brighton-Birmingham-Manchester (several places)-Liverpool-Pimlico-Atlanta-Greenford-Manchester-Phnom Penh-Manila-Greenford-Carcassonne-Battersea-Yangon-Doha-Carcassonne...

Throw in several absences for travelling, and the only thing of any constance in my life since I was 18, is Shepherds Bush and bloody QPR!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:44 - Sep 26 with 1794 viewsQPRSteve

Shepherds Bush, but early years in the wasteland known as College Park.
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:50 - Sep 26 with 1778 viewsE15Hoop

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 10:44 - Sep 26 by dannyblue

Grove

I was born in St. Quinton Avenue at the old Princess Louise Hospital before it got converted to a nursing home, for those of you old enough to remember that.

W10 born and bred and proud of it..(despite my move across town in later life..)

Now, of course, i can't actually afford to move back..
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:52 - Sep 26 with 1771 viewsJuzzie

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:22 - Sep 26 by ted_hendrix

Born In Queen Charlotte's.

Lived In Highlever Road as a nipper, moved and moved and spent most of my youth In childrens homes all over bloody London.

Now living In Wantage South Oxfordshire In a new house we bought 4 years ago and we love It.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 12:31]

A friend of mine (we were around 6+ years old) lived at 3 Highlever Road so I was visiting there from around '73 to '78.
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:10 - Sep 26 with 1720 viewsnumbers912

Born up north but moved to Hampton, grew up in Hillingdon and now In Cheltenham
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:13 - Sep 26 with 1711 viewsTheChef

Would have to say Ladbroke Grove as was a relatively short bus ride on the 52 from Willesden.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:18 - Sep 26 with 1685 viewsHamptonR

Dad Portobello Road, Mum Southam Street, me The Avenues W10. So I had no choice in the matter.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 13:19]
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:20 - Sep 26 with 1680 viewsdannyblue

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 12:52 - Sep 26 by Juzzie

A friend of mine (we were around 6+ years old) lived at 3 Highlever Road so I was visiting there from around '73 to '78.

I lived at number 7 for a year or so as a toddler around 1977
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 13:52]
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:47 - Sep 26 with 1632 viewsBostonR

Born in Ladbroke Grove and lived there until mid 80’s when I relocated to the US - Boston. Came back from the US a few years ago and now live in the Chilterns.
The gentrifying of Notting Hill and North Kensington has to be seen to be believed. As a kid K&C Council purposely let North Kensington become a slum - all political and they are still at it.
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 15:24 - Sep 26 with 1521 viewspaulhoop2

Very much North Ken for me. Born and lived St Marks Road then moved up to dalgarno gardens / North Pole Road. Primary school was off Latimer Road then secondary in Acton before settling in Northolt at 16 ! Dad was around the avenues after coming over from Ireland and mum was Notting dale quite a mix !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 15:29 - Sep 26 with 1500 viewsted_hendrix

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 13:20 - Sep 26 by dannyblue

I lived at number 7 for a year or so as a toddler around 1977
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 13:52]

I wish I can remember what number we lived at, It was the early 1950's.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 15:37 - Sep 26 with 1477 viewsMick_S

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 07:26 - Sep 26 by Rebalhoop

Slough born and bred,which also has changed beyond recognition,but unlike the Bush,has absolutely far call going for it……..very sad

P.s. apart from S.T.F.C

I was a postie in Slough for a few months, man that is a place with problems. At least the Liz line calls at Ealing Broadway for Rangers!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 15:45 - Sep 26 with 1458 viewsG_Ottershaw

other...born in barnet, haved lived in harlesden, willesden and alperton
Ladbroke grove, Shepherds bush or northolt. on 15:49 - Sep 26 with 1449 viewsdmm

Born in Edinburgh. Raised in Kensal Rise. Dragged to Kenton. Escaped asap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024