Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from last night's game... 10:28 - Mar 2 with 1858 viewsPaleRider

Who is the worst ever Saints' player? I would say we saw a fair few contenders last night.
Following on from last night's game... on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 1820 viewsIfonly

Actually all of the team last night are good players. Some of them aren't quite PL quality but they're nowhere near the worst that Saints have had. If they'd had a good experienced manager working with them over the last 6 months they would look a whole lot different. They played shit last night and have been playing shot for a while, but they're not shit players.

Next season many of them will be gone and playing well for other clubs. Saints fans will look at them and say "why didn't they play like that when they were with us?"
Following on from last night's game... on 10:41 - Mar 2 with 1813 viewssaints__fan__73

Ali Dia
Alan 'Gordon' Bennett
Lyanco
Pedro 'Pele' Monterio

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Following on from last night's game... on 10:50 - Mar 2 with 1796 viewsdirk_doone

Let's start with our goalkeepers. I've always though that McCarthy is one of Saints' all-time worst goalkeepers. Only Dave McLaren was possibly worse than him. Bazunu is so young that there is still the hope that he might improve. It's interesting to note that Kelvin Davis was voted into the all-time worst Sunderland XI.

Adam Armstrong is certainly the worst No.9 we've ever had in the top flight. I used to think that Frank Saul was really bad but even he scored a lot more goals than Armstrong.

To be honest, most of the defenders and midfielders are better than a few players we've had in the past. They just don't play well together as a team. I remember the hilarity from the Torino fans when we took Lyanco off their hands. He is certainly not a team player but we've had worse individuals in the past.

As for Bednarek, even though I hate seeing him in our starting lineup, he seems to be OK for Poland, and I don't think even he is as bad as Vestergaard.

Diallo is a nothing sort of midfielder, just there to make up the numbers, but is he any worse than Clasie or many other nothing midfielders we've had in the past?

It's just a bad team, worse than the sum of its parts.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 10:51]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Following on from last night's game... on 10:51 - Mar 2 with 1788 viewsgrumpy

Following on from last night's game... on 10:38 - Mar 2 by Ifonly

Actually all of the team last night are good players. Some of them aren't quite PL quality but they're nowhere near the worst that Saints have had. If they'd had a good experienced manager working with them over the last 6 months they would look a whole lot different. They played shit last night and have been playing shot for a while, but they're not shit players.

Next season many of them will be gone and playing well for other clubs. Saints fans will look at them and say "why didn't they play like that when they were with us?"

Exactly my thoughts.
Following on from last night's game... on 10:55 - Mar 2 with 1771 viewsdirk_doone

Following on from last night's game... on 10:51 - Mar 2 by grumpy

Exactly my thoughts.

In terms of individual ability, it's only two key areas where we're really lacking: goalkeepers and strikers. But, without them, you lose. If all the money that's been wasted on midfielders had been spent on one top goalkeeper and a goalscorer, we'd probably be a lower mid-table team at worst.

Following on from last night's game... on 11:27 - Mar 2 with 1723 viewsBLEEDRED

The players are not that bad, Blame Sports Republic for a failed experiment of buying untried kids and expecting them to form a team with no idea what their role in the team is. But most of them will be off next season, and we will probably see them flourish into top players as part of a team with experienced players to help them
Following on from last night's game... on 12:28 - Mar 2 with 1655 viewsWestEndBoy

Alan Bennett
Olivier bernard
Calum davenport
Following on from last night's game... on 16:35 - Mar 2 with 1545 viewsHollywood56

Following on from last night's game... on 10:55 - Mar 2 by dirk_doone

In terms of individual ability, it's only two key areas where we're really lacking: goalkeepers and strikers. But, without them, you lose. If all the money that's been wasted on midfielders had been spent on one top goalkeeper and a goalscorer, we'd probably be a lower mid-table team at worst.

So why get rid of Forster, way better than anything we have for that position now.
Login to get fewer ads

Following on from last night's game... on 18:51 - Mar 2 with 1469 viewsLondonSaint76

In no particular order:
Trond Egil Soltvedt
Alan Bennett
Guido Carrillo

Managed by:
Nathan 'best Manager in Europe' Jones
with Ian 'I actually dropped Matt Le Tiss' Branfoot as Asst Manager

Thinking about this lot before going to bed tonight there will be no need to eat any strong cheese to induce a nightmare....

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Following on from last night's game... on 05:40 - Mar 3 with 1272 viewssaintwizzler

Following on from last night's game... on 16:35 - Mar 2 by Hollywood56

So why get rid of Forster, way better than anything we have for that position now.

Playing part time for a top 7 side on the same or more money would have been the reason.
Why would he stay at SFC?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Following on from last night's game... on 11:45 - Mar 3 with 1132 viewsdirk_doone

Following on from last night's game... on 05:40 - Mar 3 by saintwizzler

Playing part time for a top 7 side on the same or more money would have been the reason.
Why would he stay at SFC?

He's playing regularly in a Champions League team. The Spurs v AC Milan match this week will be his 30th Champions League match and 50th in European competition.

But, Ralph alienated him by picking McCarthy ahead of him. After that, Forster was always going to be looking for a move to a better club.

He's one of several better players than we have now who were underappreciated by many of our fans. His team mate, Hojbjerg, is another one.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 11:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024