Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 290117 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 09:08 - Sep 7 with 2249 viewsHullDale

Hornets on Sunday on 08:38 - Sep 7 by DaleiLama

Doesn't quite fit Mazey's narrative?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonGauge/status/1567400359190052865

I wonder if Mazey will return the favour?
Hornets on Sunday on 09:19 - Sep 7 with 2202 viewsnordenblue

Hornets on Sunday on 09:08 - Sep 7 by HullDale

No doubt, he's very "transparent" after all and has been nothing but the perfect tenant
Hornets on Sunday on 09:49 - Sep 7 with 2158 viewsDalenet

They are still restricting the sale of tickets to 900 or so. Not prepared to pay for the extra capacity as it stands. I guess he might change his mind if sales are going well
Hornets on Sunday on 09:54 - Sep 7 with 2144 viewsHullDale

Hornets on Sunday on 09:49 - Sep 7 by Dalenet

They are still restricting the sale of tickets to 900 or so. Not prepared to pay for the extra capacity as it stands. I guess he might change his mind if sales are going well

I'd politely disagree.

I think the perfect scenario for Mazey would be for 954 tickets to be sold, and then they choose not to pay the extra for more capacity. Hornets lose to Oldham, so no need to pay win bonuses. Mazey then signals intent to look at other stadium options (rumours abound that they are looking to move temporarily to Boundary Park!)

'Big bad RAFC continue to impact Hornet's finances by imposing capacity restrictions...'

Remember their narrative.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:02 - Sep 7 with 2119 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 09:08 - Sep 7 by HullDale

Doubt it. The bloke doesn’t possess even an ounce of class.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:08 - Sep 7 with 2110 viewsTyroneShoelaces

Hornets on Sunday on 09:54 - Sep 7 by HullDale

I'd politely disagree.

I think the perfect scenario for Mazey would be for 954 tickets to be sold, and then they choose not to pay the extra for more capacity. Hornets lose to Oldham, so no need to pay win bonuses. Mazey then signals intent to look at other stadium options (rumours abound that they are looking to move temporarily to Boundary Park!)

'Big bad RAFC continue to impact Hornet's finances by imposing capacity restrictions...'

Remember their narrative.

Here's my conspiracy theory
Did I read somewhere that in the takeover by Mazey that he has
confirmed that he will retain the 'HORNETS' name, not as I read it
retain 'Rochdale Hornets' as name
With the reorganisation of RFL what about Mazey proposing a
merger between Hornets and Oldham and rebranding as
North Manchester Hornets and pushing that this 'new team' with
it's increased fan base deserves a placing higher in the new structure
Hornets on Sunday on 10:18 - Sep 7 with 2090 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 10:08 - Sep 7 by TyroneShoelaces

I wouldn't be surprised. There are rumours in the RL world that two long established clubs are about to merge. The rumour is on clubs around Cumbria and Yorkshire, but our own back yard would make sense.

Would they then want to play at FC United?
Hornets on Sunday on 10:43 - Sep 7 with 2044 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 10:08 - Sep 7 by TyroneShoelaces

I don't think it will be "North Manchester" but simply "Manchester"

Mazey has form here with Swinton Lions from 2017 when he tried to rebrand them - if you haven't read this from the journalist Martin Samuel it is worthwhile reading:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-7470773/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Scand

In its place, Manchester Lions, a club name with greater brand appeal. Who, after all, knows where Swinton is? Manchester, however - that is different.

Maybe Mazey thought he could piggy-back on the popularity of the local football clubs. Maybe he thought Manchester Lions, too, could tap into lucrative new markets, or at least achieve association with Manchester as a host city of the 2021 Rugby League World Cup.

The problem is, however, that people who love Swinton rugby league tend to come from, well, Swinton, or most certainly its parameters. Swinton might be a town in Greater Manchester, but its metropolitan borough is Salford. There is an authenticity about Swinton that Manchester Lions does not replicate.

Manchester Lions sounds as if it came out of a marketing meeting courtesy of a sporting brand manager, and probably did. Swinton sounds like 1866. It speaks of history and tradition, of sons and fathers and grand-fathers passing on their commitment. And even if the club itself has been without a real home in three decades, that hardship is part of the identity, too.

It is tough following Swinton and there is a certain pride in this.

Not everybody wants to be part of a new and shiny marketing man's dream.

ROCHDALE HORNETS BEWARE.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 11:34 - Sep 7 with 1962 viewskel

We should ask BIG Doug really. He knows everything that’s going on.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:58 - Sep 7 with 1910 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 11:34 - Sep 7 by kel

We should ask BIG Doug really. He knows everything that’s going on.

He is hilarious. He has a go at anybody on their messageboard who might even remotely disagree with him. He could cause a fight in an empty house. No wonder there are only 8-10 posters on that messageboard
Hornets on Sunday on 12:35 - Sep 7 with 1847 viewsAtThePeake

Hornets on Sunday on 08:16 - Sep 7 by RAFCBLUE

https://stats.rugbyleaguerecords.com/teamseason.php?cat=14&subcat=2022

In their League games attendances were:

vs North Wales Crusaders - 448
vs Hunslet - 415
vs Oldham - 920
vs Midlands Hurricanes - 327
vs Doncaster - 354
vs London Skolars - 373
vs Swinton Lions - 642
vs Cornwall - 338
vs West Wales - 215

Averaging 424 off those numbers which at 954 gives room for 500 extras.

I noticed they are charging £16 for adults and its not included in the season ticket for Hornets fans so on 954 that gate receipts at £15k!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 8:19]

What sort of crowd would a regular season game vs Oldham usually get without restrictions?

Tangled up in blue.

Hornets on Sunday on 12:42 - Sep 7 with 1824 viewsHullDale

Hornets on Sunday on 12:35 - Sep 7 by AtThePeake

What sort of crowd would a regular season game vs Oldham usually get without restrictions?

Hornets on Sunday on 12:43 - Sep 7 with 1820 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 11:58 - Sep 7 by Dalenet

He is hilarious. He has a go at anybody on their messageboard who might even remotely disagree with him. He could cause a fight in an empty house. No wonder there are only 8-10 posters on that messageboard

8-10 is very generous. It’s always funny when he accuses people of trolling but forgets he did it himself on this very thread. Very strange man.
Hornets on Sunday on 12:59 - Sep 7 with 1787 viewsAtThePeake

Hornets on Sunday on 12:42 - Sep 7 by HullDale

I'd genuinely love to know, especially with the fundraising efforts over the last few days. I stand to be corrected but the only match that has actually been affected by the capacity restrictions is the Oldham game as far as I can tell, so how much ticket money did Hornets miss out on for that one game?

It feels incredibly dishonest and unethical to be asking for donations to fans to make up a shortfall that's basically non-existent. Particularly when you've bragged about how great your ownership model is and how 'fan ownership barely keeps the lights on', but then asked for supporters to dip their hands into their pockets anyway to bail you out when attendances drop under the pretense that it's the football club's fault and your hands are tied.

I have nowt against Hornets. Can't pretend to be a rugby fan whatsoever, but as the local club so I wish them success over anyone else. Some of their fans are idiots, but so are some of ours. Mazey is the problem here.

Tangled up in blue.

Hornets on Sunday on 13:11 - Sep 7 with 1768 viewsjudd

Hornets on Sunday on 12:35 - Sep 7 by AtThePeake

Last home game I've found was in 2017 with a crowd of 1,087.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on Sunday on 13:12 - Sep 7 with 1765 viewsjudd

Hornets on Sunday on 12:59 - Sep 7 by AtThePeake

I'd genuinely love to know, especially with the fundraising efforts over the last few days. I stand to be corrected but the only match that has actually been affected by the capacity restrictions is the Oldham game as far as I can tell, so how much ticket money did Hornets miss out on for that one game?

It feels incredibly dishonest and unethical to be asking for donations to fans to make up a shortfall that's basically non-existent. Particularly when you've bragged about how great your ownership model is and how 'fan ownership barely keeps the lights on', but then asked for supporters to dip their hands into their pockets anyway to bail you out when attendances drop under the pretense that it's the football club's fault and your hands are tied.

I have nowt against Hornets. Can't pretend to be a rugby fan whatsoever, but as the local club so I wish them success over anyone else. Some of their fans are idiots, but so are some of ours. Mazey is the problem here.

Think their collection raised c £199

Hornets on Sunday on 13:31 - Sep 7 with 1739 viewsAtThePeake

Hornets on Sunday on 13:12 - Sep 7 by judd

Think their collection raised c £199

Over £1000 all told apparently

Tangled up in blue.

Hornets on Sunday on 13:33 - Sep 7 with 1738 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 13:11 - Sep 7 by judd

Yes they normally get over 1k for oldham games…..but then nothing is normal at the moment.

And we thought the EFL were lacking in ‘fit and proper’ tests…….doubt he would pass even the EFL test.
Hornets on Sunday on 13:52 - Sep 7 with 1696 viewsjudd

Hornets on Sunday on 13:31 - Sep 7 by AtThePeake

Over £1000 all told apparently

That includes race night.

Specifically the buckets raised £199

Hornets on Sunday on 14:03 - Sep 7 with 1666 viewsEllDale

As time goes by Andy Mazey reminds me more and more of his mate Derek Beaumont who owns Leigh Centurions.
The difference is that the latter has tipped literally millions into his club,
Beaumont is a definite role model for the Hornets chairman though, constantly falling out with fans on Twitter etc.
This is the bloke who stood in the away end at one Leigh game, starting fighting with a fan and then banned him from their ground for violent conduct.
Mazey is very much living the dream though. Being an RFL chairman gives you all sorts of perks like free tickets for internationals and cup finals as well as mixing with the bosses of the game's elite clubs.
Hornets on Sunday on 14:11 - Sep 7 with 1655 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 13:11 - Sep 7 by judd

What was the attendance at the last playoff game?

Playoffs have a lot more riding on them than normal games so attendances are usually higher.

I can see a lot from Oldham coming especially after Hornets hammered them in the away game.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hornets on Sunday on 14:24 - Sep 7 with 1630 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 14:11 - Sep 7 by RAFCBLUE

Playoffs have a lot more riding on them than normal games so attendances are usually higher.

I can see a lot from Oldham coming especially after Hornets hammered them in the away game.

Whilst you might be right - Oldhams gate is only around 500 for a normal game. They did get 938 for their game with Hornets in July. They could well get 1200 or so if they market it well and Mazey is prepared to pay for the whole stand.
Hornets on Sunday on 14:26 - Sep 7 with 1628 viewsjudd

Hornets on Sunday on 14:11 - Sep 7 by RAFCBLUE

Play off v Oldham?

Hornets on Sunday on 15:29 - Sep 7 with 1514 viewsRAFCBLUE

Looks like some payments are in the process of being made which will allow Hornets the full capacity.

Good to see.

Hornets on Sunday on 15:36 - Sep 7 with 1496 viewsEllDale

Hope the payment isn't in change from the bucket collection.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024