Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Revolution Radio 23:10 - Jun 12 with 2509 viewsmikehunt

Anyone listened to Rochdale's new radio station yet? 96.2 FM I think. Caught a few minutes at tea time today, before signal faded. Very surprised at who the DJ was. Didn't see that coming.
I'll leave that little air of mystery for those who don't know😊

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Revolution Radio on 12:14 - Jun 13 with 2377 viewsmikehunt

Ok Well the dj in question was our old mate Dave Sweetmore. Who knew that then?

Revolution Radio on 12:47 - Jun 13 with 2306 viewsdannyuk

its been going a while and he's been on it a while.
Revolution Radio on 15:56 - Jun 13 with 2188 viewsmikehunt

Hiya Danny What, since the row do you mean?

Revolution Radio on 16:09 - Jun 13 with 2163 viewsKnowlesy

Dave's been on there for quite a while now, well before Christmas at the very least. I don't listen to it so don't know how far back it spans but I heard him on there at Christmas.

Karen Danczuk had a spell on there too, I believe. Thankfully I didn't catch that, either.
Revolution Radio on 16:23 - Jun 13 with 2128 viewsmikehunt

Ah right. I only knew about it because I had driven past a new poster advertising it (the power of advertising eh?).

Revolution Radio on 18:14 - Jun 13 with 2036 viewsArthurDaley

96.2, it used to be called Radio Oldham when it first started out 17/20 years ago. Dave Sweetmore is back on it. Any one remember Steve Penk ? alias the great Penkino. He was on Key 103 at one time. He bought Revolution a few years ago. ( not in charge now ).
He caused a bit of a stir someone was going to jump of a bridge over the motor way , It caused a bit of chaos, some one phoned to and wanted him to play jump which he did. It didn't go down well.

A large VAT Dave

Revolution Radio on 18:27 - Jun 13 with 2012 viewsRAFCBLUE

Revolution Radio on 18:14 - Jun 13 by ArthurDaley

96.2, it used to be called Radio Oldham when it first started out 17/20 years ago. Dave Sweetmore is back on it. Any one remember Steve Penk ? alias the great Penkino. He was on Key 103 at one time. He bought Revolution a few years ago. ( not in charge now ).
He caused a bit of a stir someone was going to jump of a bridge over the motor way , It caused a bit of chaos, some one phoned to and wanted him to play jump which he did. It didn't go down well.

This was the story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7016267/DJ-Steve-Penk-plays-Van-Halens-Ju

He said: "The entire area had been thrown into total chaos by a single troubled woman. I was very sorry to hear that the lady had subsequently jumped from the bridge but relieved that her injuries were minor.

"If, as has been suggested, the woman jumped because she heard it from a passing car radio that's unfortunate. But I don't regret playing it for a minute."

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Revolution Radio on 20:20 - Jun 13 with 1887 viewsmikehunt

There is currently a Steve Penk Wind Up Channel on digital radio in the Greater Manchester area. Plays all his classics interspersed with some Yank stuff (which is pretty cringeworthy for the most part).

Login to get fewer ads

Revolution Radio on 21:22 - Jun 13 with 1824 viewschalkyncfc

Revolution Radio on 18:27 - Jun 13 by RAFCBLUE

This was the story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7016267/DJ-Steve-Penk-plays-Van-Halens-Ju

He said: "The entire area had been thrown into total chaos by a single troubled woman. I was very sorry to hear that the lady had subsequently jumped from the bridge but relieved that her injuries were minor.

"If, as has been suggested, the woman jumped because she heard it from a passing car radio that's unfortunate. But I don't regret playing it for a minute."

Unbelievably stupid and arrogant of him,why would you do such a thing,its not funny and would only cause further heartache for the woman's family had the worst happened
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024