Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ok boys and girls. 18:44 - Jan 17 with 3169 viewsswansealad69

Is monk the right person for the job?
For me we should have given the job to someone with more experience and monk to work along side.
For me the board have taken the cheap option rathter then the sensible one.
ok boys and girls. on 00:22 - Jan 18 with 881 viewsJJJack

ok boys and girls. on 18:59 - Jan 17 by Darran

Look mate we were very very poor today against one of the three best club teams in the world but that's still no excuse to be a thick tw*t.

You're wasting your time Darran. But where I stand near the NE corner flag there are several of this type. Middle-aged , brain-dead morons the lot of them. Half my row f***ED off to the concourse at 0-4 and never returned. Sometimes I'm glad I don't live in Swansea these days as these guys are so insular it's untrue.
ok boys and girls. on 00:26 - Jan 18 with 880 viewsRancid

ok boys and girls. on 00:03 - Jan 18 by AngelRangelQS

I don't know what we'd have gained from selling Bony in the summer, bearing in mind we were always going to lose him for all of January and some of February anyway

We could have gone on and challenged for the FA Cup or a top 8 finish with Wilf still here.He could have had a great ACON and come back and continued his good form and then we could have sold him in the summer and probably for more.To sell our main striker in January is a bit odd and you won't see many other clubs, if any, doing the same in this window.

We either feared another Michu situation where we missed the boat on millions and didn't want to make the same mistake again or we couldn't keep Gomis happy on the bench.Or both even.Either way we're worse off for it on the pitch because I don't think we can push on and progress with Gomis as our main striker.With Bony still here,albeit for 3 months or so we'd have had a lot better chance of a cup run or a push up the table again.

As we all know a side is only as good as it's striker and we had a great one in Bony but now we've a decent one in Gomis.Couldn't we have held out til the summer?
ok boys and girls. on 00:28 - Jan 18 with 877 viewsWarwickHunt

ok boys and girls. on 00:14 - Jan 18 by bluenile

So many grammar mistakes, it's obviously a wind up by someone..................stop biting guys!

Commas are wonderful things, guys...
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:32 - Jan 18 with 863 viewsSwanseajill

ok boys and girls. on 18:56 - Jan 17 by swansealad69

Ask a question and get abuse?
As iv said I like the guy for what he has done for the club but I think he has been given a tough task and one that he should not have taken as his first job as a manager.
He should have been a number 2
Lets face it the guy didnt even have his coaching badges when he took thejob.
I wish him the best and hope ot works out as I love the club but cone on ffs its a massive ask to ho straight in at the top and do well and think the board should have helped him out somewhat, christean oleary?.
And less the abuse as iv asked a question

It's lottery whichever way you look at it.

There are some ex players who have all the badges that can be found. A few couldn't run a bath leave alone a Premiership side.

9th ....says it all.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 0:37]
ok boys and girls. on 07:51 - Jan 18 with 814 viewsjack247

ok boys and girls. on 00:26 - Jan 18 by Rancid

We could have gone on and challenged for the FA Cup or a top 8 finish with Wilf still here.He could have had a great ACON and come back and continued his good form and then we could have sold him in the summer and probably for more.To sell our main striker in January is a bit odd and you won't see many other clubs, if any, doing the same in this window.

We either feared another Michu situation where we missed the boat on millions and didn't want to make the same mistake again or we couldn't keep Gomis happy on the bench.Or both even.Either way we're worse off for it on the pitch because I don't think we can push on and progress with Gomis as our main striker.With Bony still here,albeit for 3 months or so we'd have had a lot better chance of a cup run or a push up the table again.

As we all know a side is only as good as it's striker and we had a great one in Bony but now we've a decent one in Gomis.Couldn't we have held out til the summer?

We did it before, albeit at a lower level, when we didnt replace Danny Graham. We won the cup, but that season totally petered out. I'd rather do it now, while we all but guaranteed safety and give Gomis a decent run, than in the Summer when we don't have a lead over anyone and we are back to the drawing board with a new striker.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 792 viewsApeShit

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:32 - Jan 18 by Swanseajill

It's lottery whichever way you look at it.

There are some ex players who have all the badges that can be found. A few couldn't run a bath leave alone a Premiership side.

9th ....says it all.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 0:37]

What about next season? If we continue playing the way we have been we will be lucky to be in 19th.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:16 - Jan 18 with 781 viewsshandyjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:13 - Jan 18 by ApeShit

What about next season? If we continue playing the way we have been we will be lucky to be in 19th.

nonsense, we still have 1 1/2 transfer windows before the start of next season and Monk has done alright so far with his transfer dealings

Poll: Expectation for the season

ok boys and girls. on 09:17 - Jan 18 with 780 viewsRancid

ok boys and girls. on 07:51 - Jan 18 by jack247

We did it before, albeit at a lower level, when we didnt replace Danny Graham. We won the cup, but that season totally petered out. I'd rather do it now, while we all but guaranteed safety and give Gomis a decent run, than in the Summer when we don't have a lead over anyone and we are back to the drawing board with a new striker.

I'm not convinced we are safe yet mate.3 more wins and a few draws sounds simple doesn't it with 16 games to go but if we carry on in the same form that we have the last 9 games apart from the Spurs game where we did play well but lost then those 9 more 10 points won't be as easy as it appears.

I think we'll be fine but I don't think we'll be looking up come March/April time.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 9:23]
Login to get fewer ads

ok boys and girls. on 09:30 - Jan 18 with 757 viewsexiledclaseboy

ok boys and girls. on 09:17 - Jan 18 by Rancid

I'm not convinced we are safe yet mate.3 more wins and a few draws sounds simple doesn't it with 16 games to go but if we carry on in the same form that we have the last 9 games apart from the Spurs game where we did play well but lost then those 9 more 10 points won't be as easy as it appears.

I think we'll be fine but I don't think we'll be looking up come March/April time.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 9:23]

If we carry on with the same form as the last nine games (league games only) we'll have 41 points by the end of the next nine.

Yesterday was undoubtedly awful though, I'm not going to try and polish that particular turd.

Poll: Tory leader

ok boys and girls. on 09:35 - Jan 18 with 749 viewsDr_Winston

Results have been better than performances for quite some time. In the long term that's never sustainable so lessons need to be learned and improvements made.

Relegation isn't an issue, but we don't want to be ending the season on a downer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

ok boys and girls. on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 729 viewsStarsky

ok boys and girls. on 18:56 - Jan 17 by swansealad69

Ask a question and get abuse?
As iv said I like the guy for what he has done for the club but I think he has been given a tough task and one that he should not have taken as his first job as a manager.
He should have been a number 2
Lets face it the guy didnt even have his coaching badges when he took thejob.
I wish him the best and hope ot works out as I love the club but cone on ffs its a massive ask to ho straight in at the top and do well and think the board should have helped him out somewhat, christean oleary?.
And less the abuse as iv asked a question

No abuse... But you only ever post after bad results.
I've never seen you post when we've beaten Man U and Arsenal for example.
There's a lot of headless chickens posting today.

It's just the internet, init.

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:15 - Jan 18 with 699 viewsApeShit

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:16 - Jan 18 by shandyjack

nonsense, we still have 1 1/2 transfer windows before the start of next season and Monk has done alright so far with his transfer dealings

Thats debatable mate...

Gomis, Emnes, Fede, Fulton - None of them actually setting the world alight.

I'll give him Sygi but that was an obvious signing.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:29 - Jan 18 with 692 viewsApeShit

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:16 - Jan 18 by shandyjack

Thats debatable mate...

Gomis, Emnes, Fede, Fulton - None of them actually setting the world alight.

I'll give him Sygi but that was an obvious signing.
ok boys and girls. on 11:37 - Jan 18 with 687 viewsunion_jack

ok boys and girls. on 10:06 - Jan 18 by Starsky

No abuse... But you only ever post after bad results.
I've never seen you post when we've beaten Man U and Arsenal for example.
There's a lot of headless chickens posting today.

To be fair, it's a bit like newspapers. They really only ever post bad news because that is more interesting.

I don't think the question was stupid at all. I certainly don't think the question deserved so much abuse.

Why not substitute 'flack off" with "no" then give reason. Mist if us on here are sensible mature people aren't we? Cue abuse for that statement!!M

Like others, I think Monk is a great guy, we're in 9th, slim slim chance if relegation. So everything us rosy, yes!

Well, it could be better. Not yesterday I admit. With a full side including Bony we were going to be on the end if a hiding. But there have been other tactical errors throughout the season. Are they down to Monk's inexperience, because like it or not, he is just that- inexperienced.

We ALL hope he dies well, because if he does do do our team. But posters should have the right to question it and expect some reasoned debate in return.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

ok boys and girls. on 11:38 - Jan 18 with 684 viewsRancid

ok boys and girls. on 11:37 - Jan 18 by union_jack

To be fair, it's a bit like newspapers. They really only ever post bad news because that is more interesting.

I don't think the question was stupid at all. I certainly don't think the question deserved so much abuse.

Why not substitute 'flack off" with "no" then give reason. Mist if us on here are sensible mature people aren't we? Cue abuse for that statement!!M

Like others, I think Monk is a great guy, we're in 9th, slim slim chance if relegation. So everything us rosy, yes!

Well, it could be better. Not yesterday I admit. With a full side including Bony we were going to be on the end if a hiding. But there have been other tactical errors throughout the season. Are they down to Monk's inexperience, because like it or not, he is just that- inexperienced.

We ALL hope he dies well, because if he does do do our team. But posters should have the right to question it and expect some reasoned debate in return.

This, apart from hoping Monk dies well.lol
ok boys and girls. on 12:00 - Jan 18 with 634 viewsStarsky

ok boys and girls. on 11:37 - Jan 18 by union_jack

I didn't abuse him, so why don't you quote somebody else's post?

It's just the internet, init.

ok boys and girls. on 12:00 - Jan 18 with 634 viewsunion_jack

ok boys and girls. on 11:38 - Jan 18 by Rancid

This, apart from hoping Monk dies well.lol

I hope that's not a Freudian slip on my part!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024