Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Screens 19:31 - Aug 22 with 21451 viewsSwan91

Look set for tomorrow, looks pretty nice from close up
The Screens on 16:37 - Aug 24 with 2285 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 16:09 - Aug 24 by monmouth

I reckon the conversation was a little different:

Board: 'if we spend an extra £10k we can get bigger screens that will bring in more advertising revenue'. Screens ordered. Sometime later:

Engineer: 'You cant put them on the roof you know'

Board: 'Oh Sh1t'

Engineer: 'yes'

Board: 'What can we do'

Engineer: Put them lower and obstruct a few punters, they'll still be able to see the pitch, it'll just be a much diminished experience'.

Board: 'so we can physically put them up somewhere? Phew, thank feck. On you go matey. Leigh, get someone to draft a letter fobbing off the punters will you. tell them it enhances everyone's experience; give them a chance to shift if they insist, then we can put walk up customers there. Now, about these pitchside thingies, what's the brightest bulbs we can get.....'

an equally possible scenario ;-)

What is certainly the case, is that whatever the conversation, it is not 'the council's fault' however many times it is repeated on twitter, anymore than an amorphous 'Stadco' will have decided what ticket technology should be used, with no decisive input from the only party that actually has any use for it and pays for everything.
The Screens on 17:39 - Aug 24 with 2231 viewsNeath_Jack

The Screens on 15:44 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

well yes you would, but the pictures suggested the screens were on the front (and the originally planning certainly allowed for that). My guess, and it's only a guess would be a decision along the lines of 'if we spend an extra £10k we can get bigger screens that will bring in more advertising revenue, problem is they can't then be put at the front becuase they're bigger than we specified, but they won't really obstruct people's view and within a couple of weeks everyone will have forgotten about it'. 'Go on then - we can always blame the stadium and the council if anyone moans since no one will know whether what we say is right or not'.

On the ticketing - I was referring to the original system, not this one - I know nothing about this one, and because I couldn't come down to the game yesterday, I have yet to experience it! Originally, the system first installed could have done quite a lot, but the club didn't want to pay more than the minimum - again, for years, all crap with it was explained away by 'it's Stadco's fault' or 'the ticket office' as though the club didn't play any part in the decision making (and in fact, were the ones to veto the better system that the other 2 parties always wanted).

Why are you so certain the roof members have suitable bearing capacity to support these screens? It's surely a long time ago for someone to definitely remember what the roof loadings are?

When you talk about loading a roof member such as those, we are only talking little amount of weight change in the item being hung off them at the end to make a big difference.

I'd be surprised if that roof was originally designed to carry significant scoreboards/screens.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Screens on 17:46 - Aug 24 with 2213 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 17:39 - Aug 24 by Neath_Jack

Why are you so certain the roof members have suitable bearing capacity to support these screens? It's surely a long time ago for someone to definitely remember what the roof loadings are?

When you talk about loading a roof member such as those, we are only talking little amount of weight change in the item being hung off them at the end to make a big difference.

I'd be surprised if that roof was originally designed to carry significant scoreboards/screens.

What is clearly remembered is that the supports were in place for big screens from the start. I have already said that it is possible that the screens installed are bigger than was envisaged so obviously it seems that they can't support these particular screens.

All I am saying is addressing the last bit of your post - the roof was definitely designed to carry screens. And, again, even the picture a couple of weeks ago / month ago showed them in that position as well.
The Screens on 17:56 - Aug 24 with 2188 viewsNeath_Jack

The Screens on 17:46 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

What is clearly remembered is that the supports were in place for big screens from the start. I have already said that it is possible that the screens installed are bigger than was envisaged so obviously it seems that they can't support these particular screens.

All I am saying is addressing the last bit of your post - the roof was definitely designed to carry screens. And, again, even the picture a couple of weeks ago / month ago showed them in that position as well.

I'd be willing to have a large wager that the roof wasn't specifically designed to carry big screens at the extreme ends of the roof members. Small scoreboards like we had previously yes, but not large screens. If someone could give me the weights of the new screens, i could probably get the definitive answer. As for the bit about the picture of them appearing there, means absolutely nothing.

The club should rethink the position of the screens pronto and have them moved during the mythical extensions over the coming years.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Screens on 18:07 - Aug 24 with 2165 viewsKennedy

They need to put up a digital clock too, took a good 20 seconds to figure out the time left.

Or change the font, colouring of it.

Just call me JFK

The Screens on 18:08 - Aug 24 with 2159 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 17:56 - Aug 24 by Neath_Jack

I'd be willing to have a large wager that the roof wasn't specifically designed to carry big screens at the extreme ends of the roof members. Small scoreboards like we had previously yes, but not large screens. If someone could give me the weights of the new screens, i could probably get the definitive answer. As for the bit about the picture of them appearing there, means absolutely nothing.

The club should rethink the position of the screens pronto and have them moved during the mythical extensions over the coming years.

fine - well you wager away. I'm just saying what happened. And the weight of the screen now doesn't really change what is being said.

Anyway - I'm not sure I care enough to carry on discussing - my seat is in the West stand.
The Screens on 18:52 - Aug 24 with 2104 viewstruckjack

The Screens on 18:07 - Aug 24 by Kennedy

They need to put up a digital clock too, took a good 20 seconds to figure out the time left.

Really difficult to see the clock from East/North end. Really want to know the time remaining. The clock wasn't displayed at all during some adverts. Surely the clock is one sure fire way of getting people to look at the screen, which is what the advertisers want too?
The Screens on 19:22 - Aug 24 with 2061 viewsfbreath

Surely they could have welded in some sort of strengthening to the existing structure

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

The Screens on 19:41 - Aug 24 with 2023 viewsmonmouth

The Screens on 18:07 - Aug 24 by Kennedy

Agreed. By the time I'd managed to work out how much time was left, there wasn't any.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Screens on 21:41 - Aug 24 with 1952 viewsPhil_S

The Screens on 15:33 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

Surprised more hadn't been made of that. I'm not a fan.

Nor me - do we have a link to this particular article?
The Screens on 21:54 - Aug 24 with 1915 viewsjackonicko

The Screens on 21:41 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

Nor me - do we have a link to this particular article?

Here you go, you disgusting racist.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Huw-Jenkins-Swansea-City-miles-Premier-L
The Screens on 21:56 - Aug 24 with 1911 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Screens on 11:26 - Aug 24 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Init.

"What's the existing shamonga like?"
"not looking too clever, It can be tacked-up halfway?"
"Well f*cking tack it up 'en"

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Screens on 23:05 - Aug 24 with 1844 viewsStarsky

Well they've saved a load of weight on the roof by installing the new floodlights further back.

It's just the internet, init.

The Screens on 23:13 - Aug 24 with 1830 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 21:54 - Aug 24 by jackonicko

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Huw-Jenkins-Swansea-City-miles-Premier-L

Not sure of logic that we need the 39th game to compete with other clubs, when surely it'd be netted off by the other clubs also gaining from it?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Screens on 23:35 - Aug 24 with 1797 viewsjackonicko

The Screens on 23:13 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

Not sure of logic that we need the 39th game to compete with other clubs, when surely it'd be netted off by the other clubs also gaining from it?

It's this sort of lack of imagination and failing to think outside of the box that explains why you're not Commercial Director.
The Screens on 23:48 - Aug 24 with 1763 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 23:35 - Aug 24 by jackonicko

It's this sort of lack of imagination and failing to think outside of the box that explains why you're not Commercial Director.

That and I'd have to deal with actual people. It'd end in tears, and not my own.

The Screens on 23:51 - Aug 24 with 1754 viewsjackonicko

The Screens on 23:48 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

That and I'd have to deal with actual people. It'd end in tears, and not my own.

The Screens on 08:47 - Aug 25 with 1608 viewsPhil_S

The Screens on 21:54 - Aug 24 by jackonicko

Maybe its the idealistic in me but I just cannot agree with this. Would be interesting to see the overall view on this one
The Screens on 09:03 - Aug 25 with 1578 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

"Now, about these pitchside thingies, what's the biggest bulb we can get....?"

Such a bulb would be a very expensive outgoing for the club.
I hear they run almost exclusively on hot air and cost 100k a year to maintain.
They are, however, designed to simultaneously send social media updates so it's not a complete waste of money.
The Screens on 09:09 - Aug 25 with 1553 viewsmonmouth

The Screens on 09:03 - Aug 25 by Curcubita_Ultra

They are, however, designed to simultaneously send social media updates so it's not a complete waste of money.

Oh I don't know. Some of the biggest bulbs in Christendom seem readily available on this very site.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Screens on 09:09 - Aug 25 with 1553 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 09:03 - Aug 25 by Curcubita_Ultra

Those advertising boards were very odd, if only because while the ones on the pitch were advertising major international companies, the ones in the faces of my fellow proles in the east stand were advertising Dai Bloggs' pie and mash shop and the local gravediggers. Reckon they'd take some tuning out for those in the lower tier.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 9:12]

The Screens on 09:13 - Aug 25 with 1542 viewsPhil_S

The Screens on 09:09 - Aug 25 by Uxbridge

Those advertising boards were very odd, if only because while the ones on the pitch were advertising major international companies, the ones in the faces of my fellow proles in the east stand were advertising Dai Bloggs' pie and mash shop and the local gravediggers. Reckon they'd take some tuning out for those in the lower tier.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 9:12]

I guess the logic behind that one is that the ones facing the pitch are seen worldwide on the TV coverage

The oens facing the crowd are likely to generate sales although I am not sure many people left there on Saturday thinking "I must go and plan my funeral"
The Screens on 09:14 - Aug 25 with 1542 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 09:09 - Aug 25 by monmouth

Oh I don't know. Some of the biggest bulbs in Christendom seem readily available on this very site.....

While Dineen might get pelters on here, imagine Darran in the hot seat. Oh the humanity.

The Screens on 09:17 - Aug 25 with 1527 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 09:13 - Aug 25 by Phil_S

I guess the logic behind that one is that the ones facing the pitch are seen worldwide on the TV coverage

The oens facing the crowd are likely to generate sales although I am not sure many people left there on Saturday thinking "I must go and plan my funeral"

Yeah I guess, just found the contrast amusing.

I need a new carpet for the back room. Could anyone recommend a company for a man on a budget?

The Screens on 09:20 - Aug 25 with 1515 viewsPhil_S

The Screens on 09:17 - Aug 25 by Uxbridge

Yeah I guess, just found the contrast amusing.

I need a new carpet for the back room. Could anyone recommend a company for a man on a budget?

I don't think you will find anyone local

I have the same problem thinking of a van I need to hire from somewhere
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024