Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well then 15:55 - Mar 29 with 6939 viewsG_Dale

Terrible terrible first half, although we have been worse. Aldershot are rubbish, but not as bad as we are playing, and they will end up scoring here

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Well then on 23:52 - Mar 29 with 974 viewsSandyman

What Chaff said in his bigger post above. And...

Grant and Thompson were woeful. Hendo + Lillis were excellent apart from Lillis' complete howler for their goal - running after the officials was an excuse and no more - shocking keeping. George ran and scored. Cav was woeful apart from two moments in the second half which were inspired and brilliant.

This team has quality but naff all consistency or reliability. Roll on survival, a clear out, and the end of EyreColeman legacy at Spotland.
Well then on 00:37 - Mar 30 with 943 viewssandylaner1

few brief points from today....

canavagh man of the match today, no question

joey t anonymous for the most part, did his bit getting back but standard performance from him

donnelly should of again won us the match somehow messing up a 1 on 1

henderson looks a good un

didn't see rose use his right foot once

grant gets fouled a lot and the officials don't notice

phil edwards is a good un

lillis pulled off a worldy save but was his fault for their goal

people bemoaned JC not making substitutions until the 70th minute, well hill didn't make one today which may have kicked us on in the final stages - instead there only looked be one winner, and it wasn't us
Well then on 01:31 - Mar 30 with 925 viewsShun

Well then on 18:46 - Mar 29 by ChaffRAFC

I can understand why Hill wanted to go and get Thompson back. I didn't agree with it and never will but I understood it. That said, it was annoying that he didn't see fit to sub him today.

It was pretty annoying he didn't see fit to sub anyone today!
Well then on 03:29 - Mar 30 with 900 viewsSaxonDale

Thompson isn't a dribbler, never has been never will be. He does a very good job defensively, aerially and is very quick off the ball. For those who doubt him watch how much he gets the team playing football, he will always show for a pass whenever the option is on, and is probably the best player I've seen for Rochdale who can fulfil the give and go philosophy. While in the second half Henderson nearly cost us a goal (disallowed) due to trying to dribble it out of our third, Thompson played safely and intelligently, through the use of 1-2's to make progress up the field.

Bobby Grant needs to develop his right foot, far too reliant on his stronger foot even when it was at a disadvantage to the team.
Well then on 08:39 - Mar 30 with 853 viewsdingdangblue

Well then on 00:37 - Mar 30 by sandylaner1

few brief points from today....

canavagh man of the match today, no question

joey t anonymous for the most part, did his bit getting back but standard performance from him

donnelly should of again won us the match somehow messing up a 1 on 1

henderson looks a good un

didn't see rose use his right foot once

grant gets fouled a lot and the officials don't notice

phil edwards is a good un

lillis pulled off a worldy save but was his fault for their goal

people bemoaned JC not making substitutions until the 70th minute, well hill didn't make one today which may have kicked us on in the final stages - instead there only looked be one winner, and it wasn't us

I'm not having 'there was only going to be one winner' - yes Aldershot took a few more risks throwing players forward because they HAD to get the 3 points - however in those last 10 mins we had the 2 most clear cut chances with Donnelly and Grants misses.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Well then on 08:47 - Mar 30 with 851 viewsG_Dale

Well then on 03:29 - Mar 30 by SaxonDale

Thompson isn't a dribbler, never has been never will be. He does a very good job defensively, aerially and is very quick off the ball. For those who doubt him watch how much he gets the team playing football, he will always show for a pass whenever the option is on, and is probably the best player I've seen for Rochdale who can fulfil the give and go philosophy. While in the second half Henderson nearly cost us a goal (disallowed) due to trying to dribble it out of our third, Thompson played safely and intelligently, through the use of 1-2's to make progress up the field.

Bobby Grant needs to develop his right foot, far too reliant on his stronger foot even when it was at a disadvantage to the team.

Couldn't agree less hehe. He was caught out of position, have the ball away, barely won a header, couldn't read the game and stood still so many times, leaving himself unavailible for a pass, shot near the end was terrible. he did do 2/3 decent passes but when we needed pace on the wing i think howarth should have come on

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Well then on 09:02 - Mar 30 with 830 viewsTVOS1907

Well then on 01:31 - Mar 30 by Shun

It was pretty annoying he didn't see fit to sub anyone today!

I think it was surprising, more than anything else.

Haworth seemed to be getting ready to come on at one point, but then sat back down again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Well then on 09:45 - Mar 30 with 801 viewsD_Alien

Well then on 03:29 - Mar 30 by SaxonDale

I admire your ability to big JT up, but for someone to receive the ball on the wing, and to then simply run the ball into touch through lack of the absolute basics required of a professional footballer simply isn't on.

Sorry, all you Yay sayers, but Nay

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Well then on 09:55 - Mar 30 with 788 views442Dale

Well then on 09:45 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

I admire your ability to big JT up, but for someone to receive the ball on the wing, and to then simply run the ball into touch through lack of the absolute basics required of a professional footballer simply isn't on.

Sorry, all you Yay sayers, but Nay

And he has repeated opportunities to get a cross in but passes it up to attempt to trick a defender. Strange as his crossing is quite good and he rarely beats a man.

Bit like Beckham trying to be George Best.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Well then on 10:08 - Mar 30 with 772 viewsSaxonDale

Well then on 09:55 - Mar 30 by 442Dale

And he has repeated opportunities to get a cross in but passes it up to attempt to trick a defender. Strange as his crossing is quite good and he rarely beats a man.

Bit like Beckham trying to be George Best.

Against a very tall Aldershot team, with our own side being generally poor in the air (when was the last time we scored a header in open play?) I thought Thompson made the right choices in the final third on the whole. In my opinion JT was one of the few players in the first half who was actually trying to get the ball down and make the team play football

Edit- How many headers have we scored this season in open play?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Well then on 10:11 - Mar 30 with 767 viewsTVOS1907

Well then on 10:08 - Mar 30 by SaxonDale

Against a very tall Aldershot team, with our own side being generally poor in the air (when was the last time we scored a header in open play?) I thought Thompson made the right choices in the final third on the whole. In my opinion JT was one of the few players in the first half who was actually trying to get the ball down and make the team play football

Donnelly scored a bullet header against Wycombe!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Well then on 10:14 - Mar 30 with 763 viewsSaxonDale

Well then on 10:11 - Mar 30 by TVOS1907

Donnelly scored a bullet header against Wycombe!

Well then on 10:26 - Mar 30 with 751 viewsChaffRAFC

Well then on 10:08 - Mar 30 by SaxonDale

In the first 30 minutes of the game Thompson headed the ball twice, once straight to the opposition and once barely found one of our own. Aside from that, he didn't even touch the ball so I'm not sure how you think he was one of our more influential players but hey ho.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Well then on 10:31 - Mar 30 with 742 viewsD_Alien

Well then on 10:26 - Mar 30 by ChaffRAFC

In the first 30 minutes of the game Thompson headed the ball twice, once straight to the opposition and once barely found one of our own. Aside from that, he didn't even touch the ball so I'm not sure how you think he was one of our more influential players but hey ho.

And this whole argument about JT being used to counter the lankyness of the team at the bottom of the table is just ridiculous beyond words.

We were at home, we take the game to the opposition... or so I thought, and so did KH.

Obviously, we need to acheive a points total for safety, but yesterday was the perfect opportunity. Instead, we wasted an attacking option for the sake of... what exactly?

Well then on 10:38 - Mar 30 with 728 viewsDaley_Lama

Well then on 23:39 - Mar 29 by D_Alien

Yay, wtf?

There's been plenty of comments about Grant's form today

But as the saying goes (to paraphrase), form is temporary, lack of class is permanent

If you can point out one mention of Grant on this thread, either good, bad or indifferent apart from me mentioning him missing his chance at the time i posted, you can pat yourself on the back.

Thats was nobody even mentioning how absolutely shocking Grant was, but yourself and Chaff straight onto Joey T.

Hence the 'Yay'

Poll: DF in or out

Well then on 10:43 - Mar 30 with 716 viewsD_Alien

Well then on 10:38 - Mar 30 by Daley_Lama

If you can point out one mention of Grant on this thread, either good, bad or indifferent apart from me mentioning him missing his chance at the time i posted, you can pat yourself on the back.

Thats was nobody even mentioning how absolutely shocking Grant was, but yourself and Chaff straight onto Joey T.

Hence the 'Yay'

Does it have to be limited to this thread?

I could point you in the direction of the other threads where Grant's poor showing has been more than adequately discussed, but that'd just be condescending and I think your contributions deserve more than that.

Well then on 10:52 - Mar 30 with 697 viewsDaley_Lama

Well then on 10:43 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

I could point you in the direction of the other threads where Grant's poor showing has been more than adequately discussed, but that'd just be condescending and I think your contributions deserve more than that.

Yes it does.

Poll: DF in or out

Well then on 11:23 - Mar 30 with 665 viewsTalkingSutty

Well then on 10:43 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

Funny
Well then on 11:34 - Mar 30 with 656 viewsChaffRAFC

Well then on 10:38 - Mar 30 by Daley_Lama

Hence the 'Yay'

That's because I thought Joey Thompson, AND Michael Rose I might add, were our two worst performers, hence why they were both singled out.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Well then on 11:43 - Mar 30 with 641 viewsColDale

Well then on 11:34 - Mar 30 by ChaffRAFC

That's because I thought Joey Thompson, AND Michael Rose I might add, were our two worst performers, hence why they were both singled out.

it'd be more difficult to single out the ones who did well yesterday. At a push, the two central defenders did alright, but I can't recall a game where so many players had an offday. All the most surprising given how well the same side did against Gillingham last week when we played them off the park. Someone said on the way out yesterday that our best players were our worst players and I don't think they were far wrong with that.
Well then on 12:09 - Mar 30 with 618 viewsYouTubeDale

Well then on 11:43 - Mar 30 by ColDale

it'd be more difficult to single out the ones who did well yesterday. At a push, the two central defenders did alright, but I can't recall a game where so many players had an offday. All the most surprising given how well the same side did against Gillingham last week when we played them off the park. Someone said on the way out yesterday that our best players were our worst players and I don't think they were far wrong with that.

Someone said on the way out yesterday that our best players were our worst players and I don't think they were far wrong with that.

I thought you bumped into Paddy...but I get it now...they were all shit.

I think this is being economical with the truth as discussed in this thread.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Well then on 13:04 - Mar 30 with 584 viewsVespaDale

I'm still learning who is who after a 3yr absence, only recognise 3 players. It is a poor team in my eyes so God knows what it was like watching Eyre / Coleman?? This is painful to watch not 1 player gets you excited when they get the ball, we dont seem to have pace or height, never looked like scoring 2 goals to put the game to bed, just lucky there are some really shit teams & we're just shit!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024