Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets Price the fans in next season 21:41 - Jan 25 with 3694 viewscrazyhorse

I cannot afford a season ticket lump sum..and reckon £10 a game is fair for league two... I will pay that because I can budget for it....

It would be great if the club could put some deal in place like at Hartlepool that if we sold shit loads tickets we could get a season ticket for say £10 a game.

But..I want to sit in the main strand because the view from the Sandy is very very limited. Veiwing the game from the side is brilliant (But not worth £20)

Burrisha Dortmund you can get a season ticket for £154 for premiership football and they have had gates over 80,000. Wish we could do something albeit on a smaller scale.

Lets Price the fans in next season on 13:06 - Jan 28 with 756 viewsColDale

Lets Price the fans in next season on 08:18 - Jan 28 by BlueDutch

Could perhaps do that and issue a half season ticket (which by the time the season starts they will have paid a fair bit towards). I reckon it would have to start May not June as May we usually have very few games. Then the other half in January. Just thinking aloud, don't beat me up 'bout it.

I put monthly because I reckon that way would minimise the impact of the lump sum. But I suppose there would be nothing stopping such a scheme offering that as an alternative.

Logistically, I wouldn't see it being a massive nightmare. If we offered supporters two different direct debit dates (to take paydays into account), it would just need a member of staff to check the payments have all gone through. Modern banking might even alert us automatically if a scheduled payment failed to go through, and then contacting those supporters directly to rearrange payments if they wished to continue.

As suggested elsewhere, it would be ideal with electronic turnstiles all linked in with smartcards etc but maybe we need to walk before we can run. I'd have thought the only cost to such a plan would be the wages of the person checking each month as to whether payments have gone through.

The only possible downside would be if the way the club works was to ensure the large income from season ticket sales over the Summer. But that could still be operated. Something like:
* Pay in full - equivalent of 25% discount compared with attending every game
* Pay monthly - equivalent of 20% discount compared with attending every game
Lets Price the fans in next season on 13:36 - Jan 28 with 734 views100notout

The problem with paying over 12months -

Lets say this was introduced last summer - how many would have simply cancelled their direct debit in December (or earlier given the quality of entertainment on offer) and returned their season ticket to the club?

I guess there would be a fair few that could do this (this season especially before Hill returned) - one might argue that there are contractually required to continue paying but it would not be viable to pursue these payments.

An alternative might be to ask for a 3rd up front by say end of April, a 3rd before say the end of June and a 3rd before the first game of the season. The season ticket would then be released after the final payment.

No doubt 'CBA with the hassle' might come into it. The other alernative would be to get a loan company to underwrite the amount outstanding. Not sure this would be attractive to the cub or supporters though.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Lets Price the fans in next season on 16:22 - Jan 28 with 706 viewspioneer

Why not a simple four payments to be made in May, June, July, August - then all the money is in before the individual gets the season ticket. Minimises administration and spreads payments over four months. (And means the club has the dosh in before the season starts).

For anyone who cannot manage this we could offer half season tickets for first half and second half. Obviously the discount would be less than for full season ticket but it would still offer a way for people to commit in advance of games being played.

Also mini packs - a book of vouchers for admission to any 10 league games over the course of the season

Also group tickets - groups of 10 or more can get a discount.

Also themed packs - like Xmas three some (three games around xmas - buy package for all 3 before Dec 1 get a 20% discount ) or something similar for January games - the hard sellors.
Lets Price the fans in next season on 17:58 - Jan 28 with 679 viewsR442D

This is a interesting discussion and one I'm quite passionate about.

I understand fully a club needs outside investment to be run, although I do think a couple of quid off here and there could really benefit more fans coming through.

I mean, how many of your mates would agree to come and watch a match if it was a little cheaper and become regulars after?
Lets Price the fans in next season on 20:14 - Jan 28 with 655 viewsboromat

Lets Price the fans in next season on 13:36 - Jan 28 by 100notout

The problem with paying over 12months -

Lets say this was introduced last summer - how many would have simply cancelled their direct debit in December (or earlier given the quality of entertainment on offer) and returned their season ticket to the club?

I guess there would be a fair few that could do this (this season especially before Hill returned) - one might argue that there are contractually required to continue paying but it would not be viable to pursue these payments.

An alternative might be to ask for a 3rd up front by say end of April, a 3rd before say the end of June and a 3rd before the first game of the season. The season ticket would then be released after the final payment.

No doubt 'CBA with the hassle' might come into it. The other alernative would be to get a loan company to underwrite the amount outstanding. Not sure this would be attractive to the cub or supporters though.

I don't think it would be a problem. I would imagine most people who currently buy season tickets out right would continue to in the same way with the higher savings incentive.

Also even if people did cancel the direct debit and stop coming (breaking the contract) that debt may be sold and no matter what the club has still earned money.

Another idea is a stamp card for people who 'pay on the day' - attending consecutive games could bring savings.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Lets Price the fans in next season on 21:26 - Jan 28 with 633 viewsisitme

As a season ticket holder it is the fact that I get my seat that is the big incentive. Non season ticket holders having access to a few cheap deals would not affect my decision to renew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024