Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windy Millers Match Thread. 15:42 - Nov 3 with 61192 viewsconnell10

Get this in early. 1-1 and I'd be happy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:23 - Nov 4 with 3542 viewsmart_Goblin

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:19 - Nov 4 by ted_hendrix

I think the positives outweigh the negatives, having said that we have been poor for too long.
To my way of thinking until they equalised we were In a good place on the pitch but we'd had a couple of warnings.
A second goal for making It 2-0 would have killed the game but we've dropped two points this afternoon and that's a stone cold fact.
We actually came close to having a new Manager bounce, unfortunately we also came close to losing the game at the death too.
Gotta be pleased with stopping the rot, but we have a lot of seriously hard work to do at the club, on and off the pitch.

That training pitch needs to be bloody busy.

Yeah spot on Ted really.

Even Martii said he was disappointed we didn’t win the game . So is that negative to some on here?
It’s just reality.

What I would say is I can’t wait for next Saturday and that has to be the biggest change of all
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:42 - Nov 4 with 3352 viewsHAYESBOY

To add, I would keep playing Willock even though he is not at his best yet. I would also leave EDB in the side for next week on that performance.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:46 - Nov 4 with 3330 viewsBklynRanger

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:42 - Nov 4 by HAYESBOY

To add, I would keep playing Willock even though he is not at his best yet. I would also leave EDB in the side for next week on that performance.

Thought EDB was very encouraging - Big Marti just mentioned it in the post match. And he's got that long-legged covering-ground quality that we as a team always seem to benefit from, in a Legs of Wood, Diakite sort of way, but ideally without the clinical insanity.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:47 - Nov 4 with 3310 viewsQPunkR

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:46 - Nov 4 by BklynRanger

Thought EDB was very encouraging - Big Marti just mentioned it in the post match. And he's got that long-legged covering-ground quality that we as a team always seem to benefit from, in a Legs of Wood, Diakite sort of way, but ideally without the clinical insanity.

I'm very partial to a bit of Diakité clinical insanity tbf

QPR - "shit but local"

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:48 - Nov 4 with 3310 viewsBklynRanger

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:47 - Nov 4 by QPunkR

I'm very partial to a bit of Diakité clinical insanity tbf

Me too - guilty pleasure
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 19:12 - Nov 4 with 3183 viewsstevenomad01

That was OK today, a lot better. Two teams lacking a bit of quality but going for it. I honestly think we shaded it, but last 15 was heart in your mouth time.

EBD needs special praise as does Jimmy Dunne who kept Jordan Hugill mostly quiet.

I was on the other side of the post for Sam Field's shot, it looked pretty close and would have been deserved if it had crept in.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 19:34 - Nov 4 with 3037 viewsBrianWilson

I had no idea before today what exactly EDB could offer this side despite him being here for over a year. He looks like he could be useful to how Marti wants to play. Keeps the ball moving, makes space for others. Promising.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 19:39 - Nov 4 with 2987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with those who said we dropped two points. 1-0 up away to relegation rivals and not winning is the very essence of dropping two points.

Still, my over all feeling is one of relief. We found a team today, and if we play like that in most games I feel confident that we'll score enough and win enough points to start climbing the table. We're back in this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 19:50 - Nov 4 with 2924 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I cannot believe people on here are negative. A brand new manager who has had less than a week with a team on a 6 game losing streak, and yet gets a point away from home with his first game.
Probably the same people who thought GA was going to do well for us. Yeah, right.
Saturday we will smash Brizzle. We have a coach who actually wants to play football, and the players have already responded.

U Rs!
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 19:55 - Nov 4 with 2897 viewsBoston

BTW, how many turned up, looked a damn sight more than the just over 1,000 tickets sold a couple of days ago?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 20:00 - Nov 4 with 2866 viewsHooparoo

Just saw the highlights (thanks Boston) and after also looking at the match stats it is finally looking encouraging. Draw looked a fair result on the highlights.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 20:28 - Nov 4 with 2727 viewsHAYESBOY

Just seeing that was Chairs 5th booking. Stupid of him to kick the ball away. Will miss him next week in an important game at home.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 20:50 - Nov 4 with 2593 viewshubble

Lovely angle on Chair's goal. What a beaut!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 21:39 - Nov 4 with 2414 viewsPunteR

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 19:12 - Nov 4 by stevenomad01

That was OK today, a lot better. Two teams lacking a bit of quality but going for it. I honestly think we shaded it, but last 15 was heart in your mouth time.

EBD needs special praise as does Jimmy Dunne who kept Jordan Hugill mostly quiet.

I was on the other side of the post for Sam Field's shot, it looked pretty close and would have been deserved if it had crept in.

I thought they shaded it.
Two bottom teams trying to go for it.
We were slightly better than we've been before but the quality within the team isn't great. Lots of shabby passing and movement.
We were better than before but to my untrained eye it wasn't night and day.
Lots to work on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 22:18 - Nov 4 with 2255 viewsBoston

Hmm, popped onto the Rotherham Board to see their thoughts...blimey, thought we were suicidal.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38312017

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 22:53 - Nov 4 with 2149 viewsLblock

Wonder how much the Millers want for their keeper?

Everytime I see them play he’s stand out.
Maybe that is because he’s so busy or maybe he is really good

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 06:16 - Nov 5 with 1796 viewsManinBlack

Difficult to assess this result which is not great for either side. Did we look better because of what the new manager has done in a few days or did Rotherham make us look better as they are woeful? Let's face it even Sheffield Wednesday beat them.

I am not sure how we will fare without Chair next time out against Bristol. Mr Dickie will be returning and if I am not mistaken, he has been a match winner for them twice this season. Perhaps we should have kept Dickie and made him our number 9 and moved Dykes back to centre back like Kenny Burns did at Forest all those years ago.

No doubting this manager will get us creating more and having more shots but the acid test is do we have the players to convert the opportunities which is the stumbling block? Lose to Bristol at home again and a Wednesday win, will see us bottom going into the break.

I will have a clearer vision of the new boss once we have played the bogey teams like West Brom, Norwich, Preston and Blackburn, clubs that take points off us with consumate ease. We have already lost to three of them this season so it would be welcomed if the gaffer can solve why certain clubs turn our brave heroes into jelly when we meet.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 07:41 - Nov 5 with 1685 viewsSpaceman_P

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 06:16 - Nov 5 by ManinBlack

Difficult to assess this result which is not great for either side. Did we look better because of what the new manager has done in a few days or did Rotherham make us look better as they are woeful? Let's face it even Sheffield Wednesday beat them.

I am not sure how we will fare without Chair next time out against Bristol. Mr Dickie will be returning and if I am not mistaken, he has been a match winner for them twice this season. Perhaps we should have kept Dickie and made him our number 9 and moved Dykes back to centre back like Kenny Burns did at Forest all those years ago.

No doubting this manager will get us creating more and having more shots but the acid test is do we have the players to convert the opportunities which is the stumbling block? Lose to Bristol at home again and a Wednesday win, will see us bottom going into the break.

I will have a clearer vision of the new boss once we have played the bogey teams like West Brom, Norwich, Preston and Blackburn, clubs that take points off us with consumate ease. We have already lost to three of them this season so it would be welcomed if the gaffer can solve why certain clubs turn our brave heroes into jelly when we meet.

I think we have to look at the positives and HOPE for a result against Bristol City next week.

The silver lining is basically this.

1. We didn't lose.
2. The new Boss seems to be already instilling some excitement into the team. Which is more than both Gareth and Critchley could rustle up together. Less spoken about the Critchley era if possible.
3. We're playing a little more attractive attack-driven football

BUT and there is always a but, it's still early days.

Cifuentes could be out of a job in March if he isn't getting the results.

In January we need to really think about who we're going to get rid of. Also lets hope Marti knows some great young talent from the Swedish leagues that can come in, now their seasons are finished. But our current squad has some blokes who deserve more to be on JSA than at a Championship level football club, stealing wages from a economically hard-up team.

Also we need to get realistic and expect that more or less ALL our current players will be gone if we do get relegated next year.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 08:18 - Nov 5 with 1598 viewsFDC

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 20:28 - Nov 4 by HAYESBOY

Just seeing that was Chairs 5th booking. Stupid of him to kick the ball away. Will miss him next week in an important game at home.

Yeah that really is a shame, he's going to be integral to how Marti wants to play you'd assume
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 08:36 - Nov 5 with 1532 viewsQPROslo

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 08:18 - Nov 5 by FDC

Yeah that really is a shame, he's going to be integral to how Marti wants to play you'd assume

Yes I think that was the best Chair has played all season, which must be partly due to Marti's way of playing and possibly Rotherham's limitations. Chair MOM for me and Marti had a clear positive influence on our game, though again not great oppo. That Chair has amassed 5 cards already mostly unnecessary as yesterdays I suspect, highlights a fault with GA's management- too many unnecessary cards which I hope Marti can improve on. We can't afford them with thin back- up.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 09:26 - Nov 5 with 1430 viewsEsox_Lucius

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:32 - Nov 4 by QPunkR

And that's your sole contribution to the Fred? Apart from the downvotes, of course. To which you are entitled

No, I watched the whole game, albeit on a stream, and having watched every home game since GA joined I can honestly say that yesterday was like watching a new team and that was enjoyable to watch. Comments abusing Dykes, and Kakay boil my piss; two players who both represent their countries national team are NOT shit and if you think they are you must have some player yourself.
I do wonder if a lot of the negativity is from people who rarely attend matches and are projecting their own disappointments on here. I also wonder if alcohol is playing a part too.
I left my response until this morning and I note, from catching up on all the posts since this that your posts are more measured and balanced.
Down votes and up votes are just tools to agree or disagree with the content of a post, not an offer to go outside and sort it out like real men. This seems to be lost on a lot of people.

The grass is always greener.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 09:38 - Nov 5 with 1375 viewsDamo1962

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:10 - Nov 4 by rbee

It is feasible that after the International break and plenty more training sessions that we could play without Dykes or Armstrong.

With everyone fit and available our forward thinking possession game could allow Willock to play in a forward roll with a wide player and at least one midfielder supporting him.

Cut Richards and especially Willock some slack. Both have virtually no game time and have been left in the cold by the previous manager.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 18:14]

We already are playing without Dykes and Armstrong😉Agree about giving players who haven't really been involved on the pitch(for whatever reasons) - a bit of time to show something. What has happened to Fox?🤔
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 1375 viewsBurnleyhoop

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 08:36 - Nov 5 by QPROslo

Yes I think that was the best Chair has played all season, which must be partly due to Marti's way of playing and possibly Rotherham's limitations. Chair MOM for me and Marti had a clear positive influence on our game, though again not great oppo. That Chair has amassed 5 cards already mostly unnecessary as yesterdays I suspect, highlights a fault with GA's management- too many unnecessary cards which I hope Marti can improve on. We can't afford them with thin back- up.

Most of Chairs’ cards have come from the sheer frustration at the way he, and the team, we’re being asked to play. Did not suit him or the team one jot.

I absolutely expect a change in the attitude of the players and the gloom to lift and this team to kick on for the rest of the season. It’s still may only be enough to save our bacon, but we were definitely going down with Gareth’s approach.

The players looked like they had some belief in what they were doing yesterday and if we can just nail that win against Brizzle next week, we will go into the international break with some real confidence.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 09:59 - Nov 5 with 1314 viewsderbyhoop

Much improved.
But the draw didn't help either side.
We will need to show Top 10 form for the rest of the season if we are to avoid relegation.
Be good to start winning at home, starting next week.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 10:12 - Nov 5 with 1284 viewsessextaxiboy

With Chair suspended I would start Richards next week . Emphasise Marti,s fresh start for everyone approach , give him a chance to put the past behind and challenge the other midfielders for their shirt .
Let Colback and Dozzell know that indiscipline means that you dont just walk back into the team . Lets Willock know that we have options without him .

It really is up to him then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024