Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread 11:06 - Apr 18 with 28342 viewsDale_4_Life

Big Jim fluffed his lines second half v Bradford.

Tonight there should be no pressure.

Stop the idiotic short goal kicking that nobody wants or enjoys. Play some attacking football in the oppostion half. When play opens up be direct, drive towards goal and get some shots off with venom, ideally on target and follow the shot in with agressive hunting / forward play.

Be tenacious for 90 minutes - run through walls and collapse on your knees at FT.

More of what we saw second half on Saturday is just not acceptable.

Up the Dale I sense a win tonight (although its probably 10 games to late).
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:48 - Apr 19 with 1958 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:38 - Apr 19 by pioneer

Thats it…..we can blame Hornets for our demise😀

Another straw in the cap of Keith Hill….he signed players who had the skill to avoid those pesky post holes.

Whoooosh!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 21:54 - Apr 19 with 1794 views442Dale

Add a stadium being “agitated” with the performance to the completely unnecessary remarks about a supporter base that has been more than fair in the main over a shocking season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:20 - Apr 19 with 1713 views49thseason

I'm a " bit agitated" at only seeing 34 wins in he last 135 home games, roughly 1 in every 4 games ... at HOME ffs. And its not getting any better...
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:23 - Apr 19 with 1703 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 21:54 - Apr 19 by 442Dale

Add a stadium being “agitated” with the performance to the completely unnecessary remarks about a supporter base that has been more than fair in the main over a shocking season.

Manager backs players in the hope of getting the best out of them to keep any hope of keeping the club in the football league…I’m appalled by this…shocking man management…how dare he try to build confidence in the player…belittling them is always the best way to motivate and achieve your goals we all know this
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:26 - Apr 19 with 1688 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:20 - Apr 19 by 49thseason

I'm a " bit agitated" at only seeing 34 wins in he last 135 home games, roughly 1 in every 4 games ... at HOME ffs. And its not getting any better...

Is the away record any better? Genuinely question
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:29 - Apr 19 with 1666 views442Dale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:23 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Manager backs players in the hope of getting the best out of them to keep any hope of keeping the club in the football league…I’m appalled by this…shocking man management…how dare he try to build confidence in the player…belittling them is always the best way to motivate and achieve your goals we all know this

Not the point being made. There was no need whatsoever to mention the fans feelings on the performance.

It’s divisive. As is being illustrated.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:34 - Apr 19 with 1640 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:29 - Apr 19 by 442Dale

Not the point being made. There was no need whatsoever to mention the fans feelings on the performance.

It’s divisive. As is being illustrated.

It’s surely his point though, he protecting the players which ultimately he hopes will increase performance
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:34 - Apr 19 with 1639 views442Dale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:34 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

It’s surely his point though, he protecting the players which ultimately he hopes will increase performance

Fine, but it’s not the one I was making.

Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:04 - Apr 19 with 1532 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:34 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Ultimately?

There's three games left in what's been about as dire a season as a fan should ever have to experience

Many of these players won't be here next season, and the ones who are we wish weren't but they're under ridiculous contracts, given the paucity of their performance that we've had to put up with, not just in terms of quality but in terms of effort in several cases

What did you think Quigley was going to turn into when you lambasted him, before deleting the evidence but not before you'd been found out?

You do know what the word hypocrite means?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:19 - Apr 19 with 1484 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:26 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

As I watch a lot of football, as previously pointed out, I'm fairly certain the majority of clubs have inferior away records to home records, so your 'genuine' question isn't really worth asking.

Most fans watch the team at home and 49thseason is merely pointing out that there has been little return in the way of entertainment and results for substantial monies spent at the turnstiles by home fans for the last six seasons.

But you know that.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:29 - Apr 19 with 1453 views49thseason

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:26 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

No, its almost identically as bad for wins , but with fewer draws and more defeats.
Its nothing to do with playing at home or away, the team simply hasnt been good enough for the last 250 games home or away. With an average attendance of 3000 ish, there is very little home advantage other than a few more draws and slightly fewer losses
Equally poor home performances depress gates, as gates fall, cash falls and there is less to spend on the team, gradually you slip through the divisions on a downwards trajectory. The EFL gives clubs in each division an equal share but when most clubs are getting double your gates there simply isnt as much money, add in the fact that most clubs have someone swallowing a couple of million a year in financial losses and it becomes very difficult to survive without selling your best players, probably for less than they are worth because of the financial pressure to raise funds. Lose all your Gate money for a season and a half and only get £370k bail out money from the EFL and you are screwed a bit more.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:40 - Apr 19 with 1435 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:19 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

As I watch a lot of football, as previously pointed out, I'm fairly certain the majority of clubs have inferior away records to home records, so your 'genuine' question isn't really worth asking.

Most fans watch the team at home and 49thseason is merely pointing out that there has been little return in the way of entertainment and results for substantial monies spent at the turnstiles by home fans for the last six seasons.

But you know that.

Odd to respond to a question you don’t know the answer too, but then if you only responded to things you did know you’d never respond I suppose. So well done you for trying, one day you might have the answer. Although you didn’t like facts so probably not
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:42 - Apr 19 with 1429 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:04 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

Ultimately?

There's three games left in what's been about as dire a season as a fan should ever have to experience

Many of these players won't be here next season, and the ones who are we wish weren't but they're under ridiculous contracts, given the paucity of their performance that we've had to put up with, not just in terms of quality but in terms of effort in several cases

What did you think Quigley was going to turn into when you lambasted him, before deleting the evidence but not before you'd been found out?

You do know what the word hypocrite means?

9 points to play for! If the players downed tools and jacked it in you’d be even more upset no?
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:45 - Apr 19 with 1416 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:40 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Odd to respond to a question you don’t know the answer too, but then if you only responded to things you did know you’d never respond I suppose. So well done you for trying, one day you might have the answer. Although you didn’t like facts so probably not

You haven’t posted any facts.

Or maybe you have, before deleting them.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:45 - Apr 19 with 1409 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:42 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

9 points to play for! If the players downed tools and jacked it in you’d be even more upset no?

They're being paid, more money than probably the majority of fans who turn up, which is another factor that sticks in our craw. We've been hugely patient with them, probably for too long, and finally, our patience has snapped

Now, about that hypocrisy...

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:48 - Apr 19 with 1380 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:45 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

You haven’t posted any facts.

Or maybe you have, before deleting them.

XG the other…damn your eyes are finally failing you 😬
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:49 - Apr 19 with 1371 viewsSandyman

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:14 - Apr 19 by NigelWatson

Disgraceful performance: not from the players or the management, but from the fans. Make no mistake, taking into account the relatively small number of home fans in the stadium, that was an extremely hostile atmosphere created - all directed against the team playing at home. If you watch the game back on i-Follow and listen the Tranmere commentary they made constant reference to it, and sounded quite shocked by it.

It's also obvious that those berating their own players last night have never even played Sunday pub football. Young players being shouted at to 'Gerrit forward', or similar, just as they were about to take a touch, especially in the defensive, first third, was beyond moronic. Those doing that are NOT supporters. You invited the nervousness and the mistakes that you got.

Going forward, RAFC must tackle this problem by encourage the rest of the fan base to adopt a zero tolerance towards those who think it's okay to give in-game tactical tips to our own players! Supporters are there to support the team. The sheer arrogance of it. And personally, I would rather my club be managed by somebody who understands modern football and who has read coaching manuals, rather than somebody who has not read coaching manuals who still plays a 1980s style, rigid 4-4-2, 'Gerrit forward'.

The only other alternative is for the club to bow to the vocal minority and appoint somebody like Steve Evans who plays 'Gerrit forward' and is relatively successful doing it. The whole squad would need to be revamped though because at the moment the squad is not suited to this brand of lowbrow, Neanderthal football.

Wasting your time issuing self-opinionated orders on here, apparently.

Irony.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:51 - Apr 19 with 1360 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:48 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

XG the other…damn your eyes are finally failing you 😬

They aren’t facts, they’re a statistical prediction.

Keep trying.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:52 - Apr 19 with 1358 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:45 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

They're being paid, more money than probably the majority of fans who turn up, which is another factor that sticks in our craw. We've been hugely patient with them, probably for too long, and finally, our patience has snapped

Now, about that hypocrisy...

Which I can completely understand, just make your feelings know. At the right time between the whistles! Enjoy the game as best you can and relax in between them 😁👍🏻
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:53 - Apr 19 with 1349 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:52 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Which I can completely understand, just make your feelings know. At the right time between the whistles! Enjoy the game as best you can and relax in between them 😁👍🏻

What about the Quigley hypocrisy?

Right here, right now... is the time to let us know what you thought you were going to achieve by starting a thread which rubbished him

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:55 - Apr 19 with 1333 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:51 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

They aren’t facts, they’re a statistical prediction.

Keep trying.

Good lord. Stats are facts based on observable information.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:58 - Apr 19 with 1320 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:53 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

What about the Quigley hypocrisy?

Right here, right now... is the time to let us know what you thought you were going to achieve by starting a thread which rubbished him

Did I shout onto the pitch and abuse him? During or after the game? No. I gave my opinion on him and asked for others to do so on a fans forum. Very different to booing a player on a pitch. 👍🏻
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:01 - Apr 20 with 1296 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:58 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Did I shout onto the pitch and abuse him? During or after the game? No. I gave my opinion on him and asked for others to do so on a fans forum. Very different to booing a player on a pitch. 👍🏻

Why delete it then? 👍
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:01 - Apr 20 with 1295 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:55 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Some are, others aren’t, such as those containing the word ‘expected’.

Good lord indeed.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:02 - Apr 20 with 1290 viewsSandyman

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:55 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

https://xgscore.io/

xg say it is prediction.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024