Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread 11:06 - Apr 18 with 26543 viewsDale_4_Life

Big Jim fluffed his lines second half v Bradford.

Tonight there should be no pressure.

Stop the idiotic short goal kicking that nobody wants or enjoys. Play some attacking football in the oppostion half. When play opens up be direct, drive towards goal and get some shots off with venom, ideally on target and follow the shot in with agressive hunting / forward play.

Be tenacious for 90 minutes - run through walls and collapse on your knees at FT.

More of what we saw second half on Saturday is just not acceptable.

Up the Dale I sense a win tonight (although its probably 10 games to late).
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:11 - Apr 19 with 2503 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:08 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Hostile? Ha Ha.

You're right, it was like prime Galatasaray out there, with 1900 Dale fans baying for blood.

Certainly wasn’t supportive was it. Can completely agree with booing and getting on to players/management after a game. But during it when we need them to get a result is ridiculous
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:15 - Apr 19 with 2486 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:11 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Certainly wasn’t supportive was it. Can completely agree with booing and getting on to players/management after a game. But during it when we need them to get a result is ridiculous

It didn't happen to the extent you're claiming and didn't contribute to the first goal we conceded.

Keep trying.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:16 - Apr 19 with 2466 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:01 - Apr 19 by DaleFan7

Not sure anyone can blame a hostile environment for us not playing well last night. We've lost 25 games this season and other than people eventually wanting Bentley out, the atmosphere hasn't been hostile.

It's just an excuse for another poor performance from a poor group of players.

Agree hostility is fine, but for me it’s after the game not during.

And you can’t slate a manager for observing there was hostility, which again he didn’t criticise
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:19 - Apr 19 with 2442 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:15 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

It didn't happen to the extent you're claiming and didn't contribute to the first goal we conceded.

Keep trying.

I didn’t say it did contribute to the first goal. A goalkeepers poor 1st touch is to blame almost certainly while he was under no pressure from the opposition
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:22 - Apr 19 with 2425 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:15 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Keep trying.

Every time EEL got the ball there was boos. It was certainly not a supportive atmosphere. Even the songs were negative. The fact the opposition commentators which someone on here has said were talking about it shows it probably was happening frequently
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:45 - Apr 19 with 2345 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:14 - Apr 19 by NigelWatson

Disgraceful performance: not from the players or the management, but from the fans. Make no mistake, taking into account the relatively small number of home fans in the stadium, that was an extremely hostile atmosphere created - all directed against the team playing at home. If you watch the game back on i-Follow and listen the Tranmere commentary they made constant reference to it, and sounded quite shocked by it.

It's also obvious that those berating their own players last night have never even played Sunday pub football. Young players being shouted at to 'Gerrit forward', or similar, just as they were about to take a touch, especially in the defensive, first third, was beyond moronic. Those doing that are NOT supporters. You invited the nervousness and the mistakes that you got.

Going forward, RAFC must tackle this problem by encourage the rest of the fan base to adopt a zero tolerance towards those who think it's okay to give in-game tactical tips to our own players! Supporters are there to support the team. The sheer arrogance of it. And personally, I would rather my club be managed by somebody who understands modern football and who has read coaching manuals, rather than somebody who has not read coaching manuals who still plays a 1980s style, rigid 4-4-2, 'Gerrit forward'.

The only other alternative is for the club to bow to the vocal minority and appoint somebody like Steve Evans who plays 'Gerrit forward' and is relatively successful doing it. The whole squad would need to be revamped though because at the moment the squad is not suited to this brand of lowbrow, Neanderthal football.

“Going forward, RAFC must tackle this problem by encourage the rest of the fan base to adopt a zero tolerance towards those who think it's okay to give in-game tactical tips to our own players!”

Have I really just read that? You’re more cuckoo than I thought!

edit- and for someone who believes in the right for free thoughts and speech for all, I do wonder why you went running to the mods to have one of my posts removed because it challenged your warped opinions.

Deliciously ironic.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 11:58]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:49 - Apr 19 with 2334 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:22 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Every time EEL got the ball there was boos. It was certainly not a supportive atmosphere. Even the songs were negative. The fact the opposition commentators which someone on here has said were talking about it shows it probably was happening frequently

“Which someone on here has said”

Aye. You.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:30 - Apr 19 with 2223 viewsTomRAFC

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:45 - Apr 19 by kel

“Going forward, RAFC must tackle this problem by encourage the rest of the fan base to adopt a zero tolerance towards those who think it's okay to give in-game tactical tips to our own players!”

Have I really just read that? You’re more cuckoo than I thought!

edit- and for someone who believes in the right for free thoughts and speech for all, I do wonder why you went running to the mods to have one of my posts removed because it challenged your warped opinions.

Deliciously ironic.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 11:58]

What sort of tips should the fans give to the lad who ran on the pitch to show his arsehole to the players?

I'm sure the video doing the rounds won't get back to his family/mates...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:39 - Apr 19 with 2187 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:30 - Apr 19 by TomRAFC

What sort of tips should the fans give to the lad who ran on the pitch to show his arsehole to the players?

I'm sure the video doing the rounds won't get back to his family/mates...

They've probably already seen it

Both the video, and his arsehole

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:40 - Apr 19 with 2183 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:19 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

I didn’t say it did contribute to the first goal. A goalkeepers poor 1st touch is to blame almost certainly while he was under no pressure from the opposition

It wouldn't have got to the keeper if we weren't so obsessed with playing it backwards.

In fact, why use that tactic when those pesky egg-chasing post holes could get in the way?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 12:52]

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:44 - Apr 19 with 2148 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:22 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Every time? I don't think so.

And to be honest, what the Tranmere commentators said is irrelevant, as they aren't watching their team about to exit the EFL.

The atmosphere was created by what was happening on the pitch, not the other way around.

It's funny how you and Watson are both focusing on attaching blame to the fans, though, isn't it?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 12:48]

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:48 - Apr 19 with 2116 viewsjudd

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:44 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Every time? I don't think so.

And to be honest, what the Tranmere commentators said is irrelevant, as they aren't watching their team about to exit the EFL.

The atmosphere was created by what was happening on the pitch, not the other way around.

It's funny how you and Watson are both focusing on attaching blame to the fans, though, isn't it?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 12:48]

Was ifoller not available via Rochdale?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:48 - Apr 19 with 2113 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:49 - Apr 19 by kel

“Which someone on here has said”

Aye. You.

He'll leg himself up eventually.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:50 - Apr 19 with 2105 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:48 - Apr 19 by judd

Was ifoller not available via Rochdale?

Probably, but NIrish Watson is trying to throw us off the scent again.

It stinks...

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:51 - Apr 19 with 2091 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:40 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

It wouldn't have got to the keeper if we weren't so obsessed with playing it backwards.

In fact, why use that tactic when those pesky egg-chasing post holes could get in the way?

Goalkeeper is not allowed to pass the ball now, so that’s CBs and GK now who can’t. It’ll be the FBs next week…and so on
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 2087 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:51 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Goalkeeper is not allowed to pass the ball now, so that’s CBs and GK now who can’t. It’ll be the FBs next week…and so on

Who said the goalkeeper wasn't allowed to pass the ball?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 2079 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:48 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

He'll leg himself up eventually.

He already has but some bizarrely refuse to see it.

As someone guilty of using multiple usernames in the past I can see what he’s doing. He’s trying a more reasoned approach to try and infer that people on here are being harsh with his alter ego of Watson. It’s so obvious and it’s quite staggering it’s not been picked up on.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 12:58]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:58 - Apr 19 with 2049 viewskel

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:51 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Gerrit forward!
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:08 - Apr 19 with 2001 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:54 - Apr 19 by kel

He already has but some bizarrely refuse to see it.

As someone guilty of using multiple usernames in the past I can see what he’s doing. He’s trying a more reasoned approach to try and infer that people on here are being harsh with his alter ego of Watson. It’s so obvious and it’s quite staggering it’s not been picked up on.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 12:58]

Have you always had this level of paranoia or is it something you’ve developed over time?

Two people share a similar opinion inion so they must be the same person under different users. For the record I disagree with Nigel’s point on a complete ban on fans not being able to view their opinion, I think it should be after the game so that you give the players the best chance while they are playing. I don’t think this is a outlandish statement
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:27 - Apr 19 with 1938 viewskel

Always had it and it’s stood me in good stead over the years on here. I can spot trolls a mile away, often within their first post. Bit like your Quigley post that you decided to edit/delete a full month later.

Keep it up though, you’re genuinely entertaining me now.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 13:28]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:41 - Apr 19 with 1901 viewsNigelWatson

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:08 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Have you always had this level of paranoia or is it something you’ve developed over time?

Two people share a similar opinion inion so they must be the same person under different users. For the record I disagree with Nigel’s point on a complete ban on fans not being able to view their opinion, I think it should be after the game so that you give the players the best chance while they are playing. I don’t think this is a outlandish statement

I don't advocate a ban - what I would want to see is other supporters politely telling the idiots to shut-up and support the team whilst they're playing. Last night was extremely hostile and the team (especially some of the younger players) would have performed better had the game been played behind closed doors. Shouting 'Gerrit forward' to players just before they were about to receive the ball in the first defensive third was moronic in the extreme. You can tell that these idiots never even played school football. Say what you want after the game.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:55 - Apr 19 with 1826 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:41 - Apr 19 by NigelWatson

I don't advocate a ban - what I would want to see is other supporters politely telling the idiots to shut-up and support the team whilst they're playing. Last night was extremely hostile and the team (especially some of the younger players) would have performed better had the game been played behind closed doors. Shouting 'Gerrit forward' to players just before they were about to receive the ball in the first defensive third was moronic in the extreme. You can tell that these idiots never even played school football. Say what you want after the game.

Your use of "first defensive third" is telling

Probably why you enjoy watching the ball being passed back from the second and third defensive thirds

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 15:20 - Apr 19 with 1634 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 13:41 - Apr 19 by NigelWatson

You've gone from 'hostile' (as IrishDale) to 'extremely hostile' (as Nigel Watson).

It was neither.

EDIT: How can you tell if the atmosphere is hostile when you're not there?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 15:45]

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 17:11 - Apr 19 with 1502 viewsDalenet

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:14 - Apr 19 by NigelWatson

Disgraceful performance: not from the players or the management, but from the fans. Make no mistake, taking into account the relatively small number of home fans in the stadium, that was an extremely hostile atmosphere created - all directed against the team playing at home. If you watch the game back on i-Follow and listen the Tranmere commentary they made constant reference to it, and sounded quite shocked by it.

It's also obvious that those berating their own players last night have never even played Sunday pub football. Young players being shouted at to 'Gerrit forward', or similar, just as they were about to take a touch, especially in the defensive, first third, was beyond moronic. Those doing that are NOT supporters. You invited the nervousness and the mistakes that you got.

Going forward, RAFC must tackle this problem by encourage the rest of the fan base to adopt a zero tolerance towards those who think it's okay to give in-game tactical tips to our own players! Supporters are there to support the team. The sheer arrogance of it. And personally, I would rather my club be managed by somebody who understands modern football and who has read coaching manuals, rather than somebody who has not read coaching manuals who still plays a 1980s style, rigid 4-4-2, 'Gerrit forward'.

The only other alternative is for the club to bow to the vocal minority and appoint somebody like Steve Evans who plays 'Gerrit forward' and is relatively successful doing it. The whole squad would need to be revamped though because at the moment the squad is not suited to this brand of lowbrow, Neanderthal football.

Like others I am dismayed by this post. Graham is that you????

I don't really care what you think. I don't like to hear abybody booing in the middle of the game, but my god last night was awful for the first 60 minutes. People have paid good money again to watch an inept performance on the last game where mathematically we still had a very slight chance of avoiding the drop. No wonder the fans were frustrated. I couldn't believe what I was seeing; thought I was dreaming and would wake up soon and it didn't happen. We had to score 2 goals in the last 8 minutes and we still weren't pressing enough. The manager stood watching passively. It was awful and the few fans that were there had the right to show frustration. Fans at most other clubs would have been far more vocal had they had to watch that.

On Saturday and last night we had new fans watching the game sat alongside us. They had paid £24 to come along and at both games the said fans left at half time saying it was awful to watch. We need new fans. And we won't attract them with football of this standard.

You'll get your wish and the fanbase will be cleansed. There were only 1900 there last night and you hope there will be less of them when we are non league. There will be. The fact that your only criticism is of the people that pay money into the club rather than those that take out says more about you than it does the rest of us. Shame on you.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 17:17]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:38 - Apr 19 with 1166 viewspioneer

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 12:40 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Thats it…..we can blame Hornets for our demise😀

Another straw in the cap of Keith Hill….he signed players who had the skill to avoid those pesky post holes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024