Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread 20:27 - Aug 25 with 17484 viewsHullDale

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 22:11 - Aug 27 with 2633 views49thseason

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 21:09 - Aug 27 by EllDale

It would help if Hornets published their own attendances.
For what it’s worth it looks as though we’ve had 2100 home fans for both today and the Grimsby game which is around the number of season tickets sold.
Anyway, back to this afternoon and it was very much two hours of mixed emotions. The first 45 minutes did little to excite anyone.
It was a different game after the the break though as the team came out full of aggression and effort.
Jim McNulty was getting praise for changing things at halftime and subbing Odoh for Seriki.
I wonder if this was enforced though? Seriki was clattered into the Sandy Lane advertising hoardings in a challenge that Tommy Smith or Norman Hunter would have been proud of. How dazed was he because he gave the ball away cheaply for their goal. His default plan is to dribble but it can get him into trouble.
Odoh was inspirational when he came on but for some reason, to my mind, he had a lot more room to run into.
White was great on the other flank too. Perhaps he’s all the better for a full close season.
He also has a point to prove. RS and Jimmy Shan had obviously decided that Jimmy Keohane was first choice wingback with Odoh as backup which effectively left White out in the cold.
I was also getting worried about Hendo towards the end of the first half. He was obviously getting frustrated and the petulant, niggling side of his personality seemed to be re-emerging.
Once Campbell and Charman are fit again can he keep them out of the team on current form?
What Big Jim definitely did right was to play Sinclair. He seems to hover a bit in the air, a bit like Malcolm Darling, and he chased everything.
Jim might to play on Tuesday night though if EEL and Nelson aren’t available. Ironically enough the former hurt himself winning the ball. Ball is of course an option but it was slightly infuriating to see pass the ball sideways and backwards in stoppage time.
I also feel that Malley definitely needs to start at Accy. Let’s see what the lad can do instead of restricting him to cameos.

I think that pretty much encompasses where I am at the moment. There were 3 points to be taken if we had been a bit braver, earlier. I thought Henderson might have got closer to their keeper to disrupt his distribution a bit more and that the referee should have done more to stop their disgraceful time wasting, even their photographer was in on the act!
I said at half time that the game could get ugly and it nearly did. the referee was poor throughout allowing lots of unsportsmanlike behaviour and being just weak about their feigning injury and playing for time. He was never going to give us a penalty even if one of their players picked the ball up an ran with it. The standard of refereeing in this division is dismal.
Still, a point on the board, a few things for McNulty and/or new manager to think about in personnel terms and the stirrings of some decent football albeit in flashes and spasms. I just now hope the injuries are minor and the longer term casualties can get back into contention quickly.
We are desperate for someone to hold the ball up at centre forward and they need to restrict Kelly to one Weetabix to try and stop him over-hitting everything. And I don't think we will just football our way out of the present difficulties so we might as well get good at scrapping there is lots of it to do!.... onwards and upwards!
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 22:34 - Aug 27 with 2516 viewsD_Alien

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 20:36 - Aug 27 by leedsdale

Think it was 2273. 113 away fans

It was put up on the Cloughie board as 2277

Dale 2164 Crawley 113

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 22:35 - Aug 27 with 2513 viewsDalenet

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 21:54 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Whatever was said at HT worked! We've got something to build on now.

Very honest interview and quite emotional I thought. He cares alright.
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 22:43 - Aug 27 with 2467 viewsJames1980

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 22:35 - Aug 27 by Dalenet

Very honest interview and quite emotional I thought. He cares alright.

Did anyone doubt Jimbo cares?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 12:30 - Aug 28 with 1791 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 27 by IOMDale

There surely can’t be another FL side who have conceded more injury time goals at the end of either half in the last fours years.

I can't tell you about other clubs, but as far as Dale are concerned, since the start of the 2018/19 season....

Conceded in the 45th minute: 14 goals
Conceded in the 90th minute: 24 goals

Scored in the 45th minute: 4 goals
Scored in the 90th minute: 24 goals

Obviously, the significance of those goals needs to be put into context, but the figures tend to suggest the 90th minute goals we've conceded (and points lost) may well have been cancelled out by those we've scored.

It's the end of the first half where disparities occur.

* Note injury time goals are counted as 45 or 90

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 12:31 - Aug 28 with 1788 viewssamueloneils

Despite some comments, there have been some signs of decent players throughout so far.

We could and should have won the Grimsby game with better finishing from Rodney and Henderson, and even at Swindon we were in the game until half-time after Nelson`s lapse.

The defence is suspect- we know that, but the midfield to me is the problem. We can cope against teams with weak midfields themselves such as Burton and Crawley, but we are overrun by others.

Kelly had a stinker yesterday, but I would perservere with him alongside a proper ball carrier such as Brierley or the new man Malley who looks impressive at brief aquaintance.

If Odoh can`t be seen as the best and most dangerous player in the squad- I don`t know what match some people are watching..His defensive work and even his aerial fight is excellent.

Ball has now gone to the bench and Henderson must follow. His contribution in the 5 games he has played has been awful. Forget the old Hendo- he is now a passenger.

All in all.

O`Donnell
Nelson
Odoh
Rodney
Diacouraga
White

All good

Seriki
John
E-Landell

Fair

Malley
Sinclair
Graham

Need to see more

But above all we desperately need a manager who can bind his players into a squad who start to play with confidence and team spirit.

White was my MOM yesterday.
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 13:59 - Aug 28 with 1586 viewsKnavesmireBob

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 21:54 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Whatever was said at HT worked! We've got something to build on now.

That's a really nice interview from Jim. I think he lacks the edge and intensity to be a manager (as of now) but by god I love him. He's the kind of fella you could have a great night on the beer with talking big picture life stuff. Whoever we bring in I hope we continue to find a place for him within the club. I also see Matty Done has joined Colin Garlick at Port Vale and is coaching their youngsters, I'd love for us to try and find a place for him back here in a similar capacity one day.
Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 23:50 - Aug 28 with 1251 viewsDalenet

Crawley Town (h) Match Thread on 13:59 - Aug 28 by KnavesmireBob

That's a really nice interview from Jim. I think he lacks the edge and intensity to be a manager (as of now) but by god I love him. He's the kind of fella you could have a great night on the beer with talking big picture life stuff. Whoever we bring in I hope we continue to find a place for him within the club. I also see Matty Done has joined Colin Garlick at Port Vale and is coaching their youngsters, I'd love for us to try and find a place for him back here in a similar capacity one day.

That'll be Flitcrofts doing as he is the Director of Football at Port Vale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024