Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A big light shone on the owners 16:50 - Aug 21 with 2692 viewsmagicdaps10

... In the last 24hrs.

Seems like a lot of frustration from yesterday's defeat, squad being so weak, lack of signings this summer.

Is it fair and correct?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A big light shone on the owners on 21:59 - Aug 21 with 540 viewsAndyCole

A big light shone on the owners on 21:47 - Aug 21 by NotLoyal

My view is as numerous people recognise.
Everything is right. He hasnt got the players.

That doesn’t make him anything other than an idealist.
And ideally not suited to Swansea.

But that's nonsense though isn't, in so many ways.

And it's worse than you could think.

It's a flawed system/set-up - insisting on getting the Possession stats maximised at ALL costs - is his mantra. Disregarding us as a proper club en route to optimising his CV.

He's a chancer and some of our passive supporters here are still taken in by his cheapskate schmooze.

This site shoulda, coulda reported as such, yonks ago.

We are Swansea City - not some random no-knob no-name 'Project' for Martin to play with and drag our name through the gutter en route. FFS.

You shoulda called this out sooner.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A big light shone on the owners on 22:10 - Aug 21 with 512 viewsDr_Parnassus

I don’t understand how anyone can say everything is right.

On what level? This is now his second club he’s done absolutely nothing with.

19th
13th
15th
20th

His system is so flawed it’s bordering on comedy. There isn’t a single team (that I am aware of) on the planet that has, does or will play this way. If it’s the correct way to play then why aren’t the top teams mirroring it?

They aren’t because it makes no sense, I don’t even think Martin understands deeply in what his tactics are. As soon as he’s questioned about it he shuts down. As far as he is concerned it’s just a d*ck swinging contest, if we have more possession he’s happy as he feels we have “dominated”.

It’s high school level football understanding. If anyone can point to a single season where he has shown extraordinary capability where the majority of the league hasn’t finished above him - I’m happy to take a look.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A big light shone on the owners on 22:11 - Aug 21 with 516 viewsguthrieintherain

A big light shone on the owners on 21:59 - Aug 21 by AndyCole

It's a flawed system/set-up - insisting on getting the Possession stats maximised at ALL costs - is his mantra. Disregarding us as a proper club en route to optimising his CV.

He's a chancer and some of our passive supporters here are still taken in by his cheapskate schmooze.

We are Swansea City - not some random no-knob no-name 'Project' for Martin to play with and drag our name through the gutter en route. FFS.

It's only football and why can't you debate without the attitude no need.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

A big light shone on the owners on 23:13 - Aug 21 with 460 viewsjasper_T

A big light shone on the owners on 22:10 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t understand how anyone can say everything is right.

On what level? This is now his second club he’s done absolutely nothing with.

19th
13th
15th
20th

His system is so flawed it’s bordering on comedy. There isn’t a single team (that I am aware of) on the planet that has, does or will play this way. If it’s the correct way to play then why aren’t the top teams mirroring it?

They aren’t because it makes no sense, I don’t even think Martin understands deeply in what his tactics are. As soon as he’s questioned about it he shuts down. As far as he is concerned it’s just a d*ck swinging contest, if we have more possession he’s happy as he feels we have “dominated”.

It’s high school level football understanding. If anyone can point to a single season where he has shown extraordinary capability where the majority of the league hasn’t finished above him - I’m happy to take a look.

Man City played something like his back four formation today. Fullbacks stepping narrow into midfield, attacking midfielders drifting out wide. Saint-Maximin slaughtered them in the empty channels in the 15 minutes I watched.

We obviously don't have players of their relative quality, or anyone who's going to reliably beat their man like all of City's attacking players will.
A big light shone on the owners on 23:51 - Aug 21 with 430 viewsAndyCole

A big light shone on the owners on 23:13 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Man City played something like his back four formation today. Fullbacks stepping narrow into midfield, attacking midfielders drifting out wide. Saint-Maximin slaughtered them in the empty channels in the 15 minutes I watched.

We obviously don't have players of their relative quality, or anyone who's going to reliably beat their man like all of City's attacking players will.

Citeh were being put to the sword and at 3-1 down looked like caving a la Russell Martinball . All over the shop. Exposed out wide, fragile schoolboys.

They regrouped, pushed wider from the back and assuredly, aggressively took the game by the scruff - under Pep's guiding hand and on-field leadership.

We obvs don't have the managerial leadership qualities to put the team and winning first.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A big light shone on the owners on 00:05 - Aug 22 with 426 viewsDr_Parnassus

A big light shone on the owners on 23:13 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Silva and Foden are predominantly wide players, as are Mahrez and Grealish when they play.

It’s a 3 pronged attack with extremely mobile fullbacks in Cancelo and Walker.

It mirrors more the Rodgers system with Sinclair and Dyer as the wide forwards with Borini spearheading. Rangel and Taylor being the fullbacks that get forward.

Both Man City and Rodgers Swansea passes and kept possession with purpose, purpose other than just keeping it. They would go long when needed and wouldn’t worry about losing possession through positive play.

Martin’s system is rigid. He has by design got rid of mobile and quick players and brought in players he simply feels are comfortable with the ball. The play is slow, intentionally so - with very little width, condensing the field to try and outnumber the opposition in small areas so it becomes a bit like a training drill with 1 player chasing 2 or 3 down to get the ball back.

This is good for retaining possession but not very good for actually trying to win a game. As he said in his infamous training video, he’s simply trying to make the opposition tired by making them chase the ball around and then “if” they stop running late in the game, try and win it.

It’s awful. The worst tactics I’ve ever seen instilled at a club who should be among the top echelons of the league we are in.

A big light shone on the owners on 00:24 - Aug 22 with 406 viewsNotLoyal

A big light shone on the owners on 21:59 - Aug 21 by AndyCole

So ideally he is suited to Swansea then, best you get used to it if the owners of the club as rumoured are speaking with him on Tuesday.

His football approach is fine, he hasn’t got the players, that’s a fact.

The site very cleverly writes reports and articles on the club and suggests certain things for people to think about and use their own minds to decide. It always has. I’m not sure what you want from the owners of this website, they act very appropriately and manage their news very intelligently, as you know ...

I’ve seen the weekends viewing figures they are incredible. And there’s a reason fkr that.

Maybe some on here had better think before having sly digs at this excellent news source ?

I haven’t called out anything or anyone just yet.

Just stating my opinion.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 0:29]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A big light shone on the owners on 00:27 - Aug 22 with 395 viewsDr_Parnassus

A big light shone on the owners on 00:24 - Aug 22 by NotLoyal

So ideally he is suited to Swansea then, best you get used to it if the owners of the club as rumoured are speaking with him on Tuesday.

The site very cleverly writes reports and articles on the club and suggests certain things for people to think about and use their own minds to decide. It always has. I’m not sure what you want from the owners of this website, they act very appropriately and manage their news very intelligently, as you know ...

I’ve seen the weekends viewing figures they are incredible. And there’s a reason fkr that.

Maybe some on here had better think before having sly digs at this excellent news source ?

Just stating my opinion.

How is his football approach fine though?

In what world is it fine?

Login to get fewer ads

A big light shone on the owners on 00:34 - Aug 22 with 387 viewsNotLoyal

A big light shone on the owners on 00:27 - Aug 22 by Dr_Parnassus

How is his football approach fine though?

In what world is it fine?

Well, I can separate the intention of what he wants to achieve from the constant calls for him to go for a start. For me he isn’t ideal for the club, that’s should answer your question. I like his vision, but he doesn’t have the players to do it. And I’m not in the minority with that.

OK I've changed it.

A big light shone on the owners on 00:40 - Aug 22 with 372 viewsDr_Parnassus

A big light shone on the owners on 00:34 - Aug 22 by NotLoyal

Well, I can separate the intention of what he wants to achieve from the constant calls for him to go for a start. For me he isn’t ideal for the club, that’s should answer your question. I like his vision, but he doesn’t have the players to do it. And I’m not in the minority with that.

But what someone wants to do is completely different from their ability to do it. Surely you can see that? Whether you are in a majority or minority is irrelevant.

Cullen wants to be the best striker in the world I’m sure, do we play him every week as a result because what he is trying to do is something you agree with?

Or does common sense take over and we realise that he’s shown absolutely no ability to fulfil that desire?

I want to win a Ballon D’Or, it’s extremely unlikely though and certainly wouldn’t recommend Barca stick me up front purely based on what I’m trying to achieve.

He’s achieved nothing and failed everywhere he’s gone, never once finished in the top half playing this way. 4th season.

A big light shone on the owners on 00:50 - Aug 22 with 354 viewsAndyCole

A big light shone on the owners on 00:24 - Aug 22 by NotLoyal

Just stating my opinion.

His football approach isn't fine at all - it's why why we were 15th and now 20th.

The excellent news source you mention - how very intriguing, given what I think we both know. Maybe you just hecked up there fella.

You haven't called out anything or anyone just yet ? You are now in way deeper than you want to be fella.

Just stating my (trusted) Facts.

A big light shone on the owners on 00:54 - Aug 22 with 344 viewsNotLoyal

A big light shone on the owners on 00:50 - Aug 22 by AndyCole

His football approach isn't fine at all - it's why why we were 15th and now 20th.

The excellent news source you mention - how very intriguing, given what I think we both know. Maybe you just hecked up there fella.

You haven't called out anything or anyone just yet ? You are now in way deeper than you want to be fella.

Just stating my (trusted) Facts.

This is an excellent news source.
I get in as deep as I want to get, and back it up whenever challenged.
Now get off my back. Fella.

OK I've changed it.

A big light shone on the owners on 00:56 - Aug 22 with 339 viewsDr_Parnassus

A big light shone on the owners on 00:54 - Aug 22 by NotLoyal

This is an excellent news source.
I get in as deep as I want to get, and back it up whenever challenged.
Now get off my back. Fella.

But to my Cullen point, do we play him every week because he may have a vision to be a wonderful footballer and he assures is that this is what he is trying to do?

Or do we go on what he’s shown in his ability to achieve those things?

Surely words don’t override actions and proof?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024