Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Talbot 01:45 - Feb 12 with 5536 viewsCwmafanJack

Haven't been back for a few years now, is it still there? Many mutants running around from the beautiful fresh air being pumped out from the works?
Also is it still scum territory or more swans these days?
Miss the old place gotta say.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Port Talbot on 18:01 - Feb 12 with 1560 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 17:39 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

They were mostly swans fans, about twenty of them from memory, one lives in Gibraltar. They got a bit of a hiding on the NB one night. Local rivalry between Swansea and port talbot more than anything, so they switched teams, strange but true.

Keith's hit the nail on its head

Antons and his mates, were fine at first until they thought they could take advantage when getting more comfortable.
They had a hammering...

Became Blue after that, then tried it on the night of the swim away when we played the scummers coming in larger numbers ..
But same result...and need up in the Bay
I've worked with a English boy Antons mate and he thinks I'm taking crap when I tell him his blueturd lover was White
Port Talbot on 18:05 - Feb 12 with 1558 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 17:30 - Feb 12 by owainglyndwr

A couple of years back , Bennys top Port Talbot boys told us this is a Soul Crew pub ..
We said good what does that mean ..
Nothing apparently..

So we had a good drink and made our way home after a few hours ...

Yeah sure…try a bit harder boss
Port Talbot on 18:10 - Feb 12 with 1545 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 18:01 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Funny, the battle of Ninian….where nothing really happened did it? No bans, no jail time…no actual fighting….just a myth. I’ve seen more trouble at Peterborough away ffs

I thought it was very nasty outside.
Unexpected as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Port Talbot on 18:21 - Feb 12 with 1519 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 18:01 - Feb 12 by owainglyndwr

Keith's hit the nail on its head

Antons and his mates, were fine at first until they thought they could take advantage when getting more comfortable.
They had a hammering...

Became Blue after that, then tried it on the night of the swim away when we played the scummers coming in larger numbers ..
But same result...and need up in the Bay
I've worked with a English boy Antons mate and he thinks I'm taking crap when I tell him his blueturd lover was White

Back in those days I used to drink pre match in 4J’s in Northampton lane, mostly a skinhead pub, Buller was the main man then. Plus the lads from a local skinhead punk band. Names lost on me, it’s age. They were quite successful. Plus local punks used to meet up there, the pseudo sadists. Ian Bone was a regular, the anarcho bloke.

Our nights out to the Cardiff top rank and Port Talbot where the big punk bands used to play, I can’t remember that name either. But it had the smell of beer and fear. I loved it.

Port Talbot on 19:03 - Feb 12 with 1482 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 18:10 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

I thought it was very nasty outside.
Unexpected as well.

What with the 100’s of police and cctv? Strange there’s no footage of it, nothing on the news etc about the nasty incident outside the ground you talk of? It would always be on the htv news if there was. There was hardly ever any, millwall and Bristol city in about 1989 a small ding dong. Handbags
Port Talbot on 19:04 - Feb 12 with 1479 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 18:21 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

Back in those days I used to drink pre match in 4J’s in Northampton lane, mostly a skinhead pub, Buller was the main man then. Plus the lads from a local skinhead punk band. Names lost on me, it’s age. They were quite successful. Plus local punks used to meet up there, the pseudo sadists. Ian Bone was a regular, the anarcho bloke.

Our nights out to the Cardiff top rank and Port Talbot where the big punk bands used to play, I can’t remember that name either. But it had the smell of beer and fear. I loved it.

The oppressed were a cardiff skinhead band weren’t they?
Port Talbot on 19:06 - Feb 12 with 1471 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 19:04 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

The oppressed were a cardiff skinhead band weren’t they?

They are still mate. My brother knows them through me. Roddy the lead singer is a big mate of mine and has been for years, since 1982. A nice and very genuine man. When it comes to anti fascist action this man has broken many boundaries. Absolute gem of a bloke.

Port Talbot on 19:10 - Feb 12 with 1460 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 19:06 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

They are still mate. My brother knows them through me. Roddy the lead singer is a big mate of mine and has been for years, since 1982. A nice and very genuine man. When it comes to anti fascist action this man has broken many boundaries. Absolute gem of a bloke.

Yeah I’ve met them a few times, not for some years now mind. Mate of mine was well into all that scene early 80’s….clubbing was very different back then. Some right dives like the Bristol hotel/bogiez etc but had some fun
Login to get fewer ads

Port Talbot on 19:13 - Feb 12 with 1458 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 19:06 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

We’re you into demented are go? king kurt and all that? Guana batz, frenzy, the meteors etc…..
Port Talbot on 19:29 - Feb 12 with 1444 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 18:05 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Yeah sure…try a bit harder boss

When we have even numbers Ben
You've come unstuck
Ninian
Philymonic
Newmarket
Port Talbot on 19:31 - Feb 12 with 1433 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 17:36 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

What pub was that?

That's why a few started supporting Cardiff back in the 80/90s because of the link to the soul crew, supporting Cardiff was more a symbol to being associated with the soul crew.

Glad those dark days are not so prominent.

Tiabach pub
Port Talbot on 19:37 - Feb 12 with 1424 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 19:10 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Yeah I’ve met them a few times, not for some years now mind. Mate of mine was well into all that scene early 80’s….clubbing was very different back then. Some right dives like the Bristol hotel/bogiez etc but had some fun

I’ll come back to you on this this mate, I’m cooking a leg of lamb. 😂👍

Port Talbot on 19:37 - Feb 12 with 1423 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 19:03 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

What with the 100’s of police and cctv? Strange there’s no footage of it, nothing on the news etc about the nasty incident outside the ground you talk of? It would always be on the htv news if there was. There was hardly ever any, millwall and Bristol city in about 1989 a small ding dong. Handbags

No Ding dong miss Diane
Revenge
We took the piss
Straight off the train run everyone passed the Ninian park pub and got into your end .
Stood behind your fans has the Jack's passed the grandstand and scattered you.
And that wasn't the City boys ...
It's was the Valley boys
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 19:40]
Port Talbot on 19:56 - Feb 12 with 1397 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 19:37 - Feb 12 by owainglyndwr

No Ding dong miss Diane
Revenge
We took the piss
Straight off the train run everyone passed the Ninian park pub and got into your end .
Stood behind your fans has the Jack's passed the grandstand and scattered you.
And that wasn't the City boys ...
It's was the Valley boys
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 19:40]

Sounds mental, you really took it to them
Port Talbot on 20:07 - Feb 12 with 1382 viewsbuilthjack

Port Talbot on 19:37 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

I’ll come back to you on this this mate, I’m cooking a leg of lamb. 😂👍

Don't tell Parnussus

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Port Talbot on 20:17 - Feb 12 with 1366 viewsswan65split

Port Talbot on 17:36 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

What pub was that?

That's why a few started supporting Cardiff back in the 80/90s because of the link to the soul crew, supporting Cardiff was more a symbol to being associated with the soul crew.

Glad those dark days are not so prominent.

Not the so called PVM mob.. Taibach pub? theyd have be careful Betty was a regular in one if he knew they were nearby there'd be chaos every night!
Port Talbot on 20:56 - Feb 12 with 1344 viewsThrasher6

Port Talbot on 18:21 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

Venom?

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Port Talbot on 21:23 - Feb 12 with 1322 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 19:56 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Sounds mental, you really took it to them

To you
Port Talbot on 07:40 - Feb 13 with 1238 views73__73

Port Talbot on 13:28 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

That’s funny because in 2011 playoff final I think there were 20 coaches from PT and Neath as well as countless limos and vans….they are still around, they don’t feel need to bounce around outside the pub singing songs though. There kids will be coming through soon mind so it begins again.
They didn’t move to PT and Neath like many of your fans to the east, they were BORN there.
I know…I know…..

Who did you play in the 2011 playoff final ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Port Talbot on 08:21 - Feb 13 with 1210 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 20:56 - Feb 12 by Thrasher6

Venom?

Of course 👍

Port Talbot on 09:02 - Feb 13 with 1192 views73__73

Port Talbot on 13:28 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Nope but my mum hails from Llanelli way

There was some Cardiff fans in Llanelli back in the early 90’s who would bully some younger Swansea fans from Llanelli, one was called John English, I saw him about a month ago, he was looking very frail and must be pushing 60 now.

Port Talbot on 09:52 - Feb 13 with 1164 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 09:02 - Feb 13 by 73__73

There was some Cardiff fans in Llanelli back in the early 90’s who would bully some younger Swansea fans from Llanelli, one was called John English, I saw him about a month ago, he was looking very frail and must be pushing 60 now.

Very very rarely you will see someone wearing cardiff merchandise around Llanelli, there is the Rugby rivalry,
But Swans are massively supported in Llanelli and surrounding areas
Port Talbot on 09:54 - Feb 13 with 1158 views73__73

Port Talbot on 09:52 - Feb 13 by owainglyndwr

Very very rarely you will see someone wearing cardiff merchandise around Llanelli, there is the Rugby rivalry,
But Swans are massively supported in Llanelli and surrounding areas

Yes I know. I’m taking about 25-30 years ago.

Port Talbot on 11:40 - Feb 13 with 1098 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Port Talbot on 18:01 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Funny, the battle of Ninian….where nothing really happened did it? No bans, no jail time…no actual fighting….just a myth. I’ve seen more trouble at Peterborough away ffs

Taking on posh middle englanders more your lots style Benny

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Port Talbot on 16:47 - Feb 13 with 1020 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 11:40 - Feb 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Taking on posh middle englanders more your lots style Benny

Like Reading?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024