Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump vs Twitter 21:39 - May 28 with 19489 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/28/technology/trump-twitter-fact-check.html?acti

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52821304
[Post edited 28 May 2020 21:44]
Trump vs Twitter on 11:01 - Jun 2 with 1537 viewsJuzzie

Trump vs Twitter on 07:50 - Jun 2 by Northernr

I hear from enough people in the Crown and at the game each weekend that they read the site, like the site, but don't post on the board because it's too political, intimidating and it puts them off. It's not news to me.

I know you don't like doing it and understand why but maybe now's the time to have a separate Political sub-section.

It's just got worse here since June 2016 and isn't getting any better now.

Let the core group of people go on that section and pillow fight 'til their hearts content.
Trump vs Twitter on 11:09 - Jun 2 with 1503 viewspaulparker

Trump vs Twitter on 10:43 - Jun 2 by Northernr

The left wing posters would say exactly the same with the names changed.

This 'they started it' is exactly the sort of childish stuff that's not going to help.

Then comes along Joe 90 with left views to stoke up the argument again
It’s your baby this MB but can’t we have separate sections on here
Football
Politics
Various,I.e tv shows , music , pubs , funny stories
Spelling , grammar for loft girl

This MB used to be fun , It’s now like pulling teeth

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trump vs Twitter on 11:25 - Jun 2 with 1451 viewsQPR_Jim

Trump vs Twitter on 11:09 - Jun 2 by paulparker

Football
Politics

"Then comes along Joe 90 with left views to stoke up the argument again"

Bit harsh, i'd say his post wasn't particularly controversial and called out "the left" to put together a good argument for their policies more than anything negative against "the right".

Problem is that it's all subjective, SteveC refers to everything as "the left" then his own point of view as "center Right". If there's a load of people commenting on a thread and generally agreeing then maybe that's the center? Who's to say.

What I can say is that I still have no idea if Owen Jones has a cleaner or whether he was hypothetically talking about if he had a cleaner, and the uncertainty is keeping me awake at night!
Trump vs Twitter on 11:30 - Jun 2 with 1438 viewsTacticalR

We need a new thread about the politics of claiming to be above politics.

Air hostess clique

Trump vs Twitter on 11:35 - Jun 2 with 1409 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump vs Twitter on 11:25 - Jun 2 by QPR_Jim

"Then comes along Joe 90 with left views to stoke up the argument again"

Bit harsh, i'd say his post wasn't particularly controversial and called out "the left" to put together a good argument for their policies more than anything negative against "the right".

Problem is that it's all subjective, SteveC refers to everything as "the left" then his own point of view as "center Right". If there's a load of people commenting on a thread and generally agreeing then maybe that's the center? Who's to say.

What I can say is that I still have no idea if Owen Jones has a cleaner or whether he was hypothetically talking about if he had a cleaner, and the uncertainty is keeping me awake at night!

You just had to mention Owen Jones's cleaner just when things were settling down!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump vs Twitter on 11:37 - Jun 2 with 1411 viewsjoe90

I'm not here to have an argument, it's a conversation and I'm happy to listen to all views. I think it's very important to listen to opposing views and be open to having your own views challenged.

For the record, I don't consider myself to be on the left politically, and I think it's safe to assume that most of the people on here have a range of views some even contradictory, which is fine.

It's fascinating (as much as it is irritating for some) how we're all bound together by small West London football club. It's a really interesting slice of society boiled down in a message board.

We should be grown up enough to keep debates clean. There's no need rebuke anyone unless they're being racist/sexist/homophobic etc.
Trump vs Twitter on 11:39 - Jun 2 with 1406 viewsNorthernr

Trump vs Twitter on 11:09 - Jun 2 by paulparker

Football
Politics

On the separate sections, it's not something I've ever been in favour of.
- For a start, this site design doesn't allow for it, so we'd have to ask for it to be written into a site redesign, and frankly we've got enough to worry about this place just existing into next season never mind getting a redesign.
- Secondly, my experience of these things is that one forum would naturally be busier than the other, and quickly people wouldn't use the other ones because there's nobody there to read their vitally important POV. Plus you end up as a moderator constantly interupting threads to say "ahhhhhhh actually this is in the wrong section so I'm moving it" like some nerdy wnkr (shut up, I'm well aware).
- Third, selfishly, I'd still have to read it all to make sure nobody is, for instance, threatening to shoot somebody again, and I'm as sick of this as everybody else, probably more so, so I'd rather it just stop rather than move it to a different room.

On the pulling teeth thing, you know I agree with you. Half a dozen people on the right, and half a dozen people on the left, going round and round and round and round and round and round and round for weeks and weeks at a time to the detriment of the board and the general conversation. Whenever it's raised both sides agree, and immediately say it's the other one's fault. I see Steve's post above, immediately blames the left for starting it, it gets five likes, I know who the five likes are without clicking it. Then Baz will post, it'll get five likes, I know who those five likes will be without clicking it. And off we go again.

The board is what the users make it. It needs people to take a breath, grow up a bit, remember it's a QPR forum and we're all QPR fans, and start leaving the politics at the door a bit more. It's been done. We're all pissd off. It's not getting us anywhere. THat would be far more effective than anything I could do or the design of the site. That's the solution.

Rather than pointing fingers at other posters or the moderation, posters can also contribute to improving things themselves. Nothing against you at all and please don't take this the wrong way, it's a genuine question to make a point, but what exactly have you done to bring the fun recently?
Trump vs Twitter on 11:43 - Jun 2 with 1384 viewsjoe90

Trump vs Twitter on 10:23 - Jun 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post, Joe.

What I would say about the U.S. though (leaving aside the human tragedy for a minute) is that anything that affects their economy affects economies around the World (albeit more so Ireland, hence my own particular concern).

Thanks Brian.

You're right about that. Many countries are pegged to the US economy, though that's slowly changing. China is popping up all over Africa. My wife went to Ethiopia for work last year as part of a Government delegation for a conference and Chinese money is building the infrastructure. This isn't really news, but it was interesting hearing from my wife what she was told by people there about foreign influence, particularly from China and the different approach the UK government takes.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump vs Twitter on 11:45 - Jun 2 with 1382 viewsDiscodroids

Can anyone on the Corona thread confirm that Polly Toynbee has her own bellows maker and that Richard Littlejohn his own Hat Maker? .

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Trump vs Twitter on 11:47 - Jun 2 with 1364 views2Thomas2Bowles

On the "likes"
I want to complain about 2 "members" who have never posted a single post but keep voting me down.

It's victimisation and stalking I tell ye

But funny
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 11:52]

Trump vs Twitter on 11:50 - Jun 2 with 1365 viewsqpr_1968

Trump vs Twitter on 11:37 - Jun 2 by joe90

I'm not here to have an argument, it's a conversation and I'm happy to listen to all views. I think it's very important to listen to opposing views and be open to having your own views challenged.

For the record, I don't consider myself to be on the left politically, and I think it's safe to assume that most of the people on here have a range of views some even contradictory, which is fine.

It's fascinating (as much as it is irritating for some) how we're all bound together by small West London football club. It's a really interesting slice of society boiled down in a message board.

We should be grown up enough to keep debates clean. There's no need rebuke anyone unless they're being racist/sexist/homophobic etc.

what if your ginger....

i'll get me coat

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Trump vs Twitter on 12:21 - Jun 2 with 1287 viewskensalriser

Trump vs Twitter on 08:48 - Jun 2 by stevec

First 20 threads on here and only this one starts political. Admittedly Corona got hijacked, left wing stuff of course, that’s always what starts it off.

Maybe Clive, soon as you see a thread veering political you just cut it off there and then. That would also stop the likes of me coming on to wind the fckers up. If it encourages others to contribute and replace the click through it’ll also encourage advertisers to pay towards the site.

Win/win I’d have thought?

Why not just exercise a little self-restraint? If everyone else does the same we'll be all good.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trump vs Twitter on 12:38 - Jun 2 with 1246 viewsTacticalR

They're trying to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Air hostess clique

Trump vs Twitter on 12:41 - Jun 2 with 2995 viewspaulparker

Trump vs Twitter on 11:39 - Jun 2 by Northernr

On the separate sections, it's not something I've ever been in favour of.
- For a start, this site design doesn't allow for it, so we'd have to ask for it to be written into a site redesign, and frankly we've got enough to worry about this place just existing into next season never mind getting a redesign.
- Secondly, my experience of these things is that one forum would naturally be busier than the other, and quickly people wouldn't use the other ones because there's nobody there to read their vitally important POV. Plus you end up as a moderator constantly interupting threads to say "ahhhhhhh actually this is in the wrong section so I'm moving it" like some nerdy wnkr (shut up, I'm well aware).
- Third, selfishly, I'd still have to read it all to make sure nobody is, for instance, threatening to shoot somebody again, and I'm as sick of this as everybody else, probably more so, so I'd rather it just stop rather than move it to a different room.

On the pulling teeth thing, you know I agree with you. Half a dozen people on the right, and half a dozen people on the left, going round and round and round and round and round and round and round for weeks and weeks at a time to the detriment of the board and the general conversation. Whenever it's raised both sides agree, and immediately say it's the other one's fault. I see Steve's post above, immediately blames the left for starting it, it gets five likes, I know who the five likes are without clicking it. Then Baz will post, it'll get five likes, I know who those five likes will be without clicking it. And off we go again.

The board is what the users make it. It needs people to take a breath, grow up a bit, remember it's a QPR forum and we're all QPR fans, and start leaving the politics at the door a bit more. It's been done. We're all pissd off. It's not getting us anywhere. THat would be far more effective than anything I could do or the design of the site. That's the solution.

Rather than pointing fingers at other posters or the moderation, posters can also contribute to improving things themselves. Nothing against you at all and please don't take this the wrong way, it's a genuine question to make a point, but what exactly have you done to bring the fun recently?

Fair do’s Clive the site would sound like more of a ball ache than it already is

As for the contributing on here I can’t bring myself to read half the threads on here let alone start one , I did post some vintage rangers games and Post re the seasons of the late 80s but that’s been lost over the last few weeks to non stop posts about , austerity, evil torys , Cummings, hoping Boris dies of covid, NHS , pie charts , Owen Jones , Michael Gove , even the Neil Warnock podcast turned into something way off ,
And when you do start something you have a clown trying to mark you down for spelling and grammar
As DD said we desperately need association football to start ASAP

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trump vs Twitter on 12:52 - Jun 2 with 2955 viewsFredManRave

Trump vs Twitter on 10:17 - Jun 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Meanwhile...

Trump is making louder noises about sending in the army.

Hope all the American R's are safe.

#nonerslivesmatter

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Trump vs Twitter on 13:09 - Jun 2 with 2911 viewsNorthernr

Trump vs Twitter on 12:41 - Jun 2 by paulparker

Fair do’s Clive the site would sound like more of a ball ache than it already is

As for the contributing on here I can’t bring myself to read half the threads on here let alone start one , I did post some vintage rangers games and Post re the seasons of the late 80s but that’s been lost over the last few weeks to non stop posts about , austerity, evil torys , Cummings, hoping Boris dies of covid, NHS , pie charts , Owen Jones , Michael Gove , even the Neil Warnock podcast turned into something way off ,
And when you do start something you have a clown trying to mark you down for spelling and grammar
As DD said we desperately need association football to start ASAP

Agreed, and fair enough.
Trump vs Twitter on 13:54 - Jun 2 with 2834 viewsNewhopphoops

Is this a good time to start a separate Ebola thread? I can't see that anything would go wrong.
Trump vs Twitter on 14:05 - Jun 2 with 2811 viewsjohncharles

Trump vs Twitter on 11:35 - Jun 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You just had to mention Owen Jones's cleaner just when things were settling down!

What if Owen Jones’ cleaner voted Tory ...........😱

[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 14:07]

Strong and stable my arse.

Trump vs Twitter on 14:56 - Jun 2 with 2750 viewsTacticalR

@paulparker 'As DD said we desperately need association football to start ASAP'

When the football comes back all the people who are unhappy about politics are going to be unhappy about football.

Air hostess clique

Trump vs Twitter on 15:02 - Jun 2 with 2734 viewsflynnbo

Trump vs Twitter on 14:56 - Jun 2 by TacticalR

When the football comes back all the people who are unhappy about politics are going to be unhappy about football.

Depends upon who is playing left wing and right wing!
Trump vs Twitter on 15:22 - Jun 2 with 2703 viewsderbyhoop

Trump vs Twitter on 15:02 - Jun 2 by flynnbo

Depends upon who is playing left wing and right wing!

Can you get that one transfered to the Corny Joke thread?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Trump vs Twitter on 15:34 - Jun 2 with 2672 viewspaulparker

Trump vs Twitter on 14:56 - Jun 2 by TacticalR

Give me Eze is lazy , Kane is sh1t ,and grant hall is never captain material
Over Dominic Cummings, Owen Jones and Pie charts of PPE , any day of the week

Trump vs Twitter on 16:14 - Jun 2 with 2625 viewsslmrstid

Trump vs Twitter on 15:34 - Jun 2 by paulparker

Give me Eze is lazy , Kane is sh1t ,and grant hall is never captain material
Over Dominic Cummings, Owen Jones and Pie charts of PPE , any day of the week

You know what, I'd almost forgotten Todd Kane exists. That's awkward.
Trump vs Twitter on 16:55 - Jun 2 with 2594 viewsaston_hoop

Trump vs Twitter on 16:14 - Jun 2 by slmrstid

You know what, I'd almost forgotten Todd Kane exists. That's awkward.

you're not alone, so did Chelsea! Thats how he ended up stuck there until he was 25 without playing a game!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Trump vs Twitter on 18:07 - Jun 3 with 2326 views2Thomas2Bowles

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

If only we still had Boris's water cannon...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024