Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pearlman Speaks 12:48 - Nov 1 with 9189 viewsLandore_Jack

Chris Pearlman on a year at Swansea City, the latest on Liberty Stadium lease and "important" expansion plans

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/chris-pearlman-year-swansea-city-138

#backtojack

Pearlman Speaks on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 4980 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Pearlman Speaks on 14:26 - Nov 1 by Glyn1

How much does our 3rd choice goalkeeper get?

A low cost van and some legal advice.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Pearlman Speaks on 15:20 - Nov 1 with 4944 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pearlman Speaks on 14:55 - Nov 1 by whiterock

Good point, we have to progress and I'm sure whatever Pearlman earns will be measured by what he brings in, I would suspect that to be double this year, quadruple next year, as he says, there is tons of room for growth

I wonder how much the club shop in town loses per month?

He's paid an extraordinary amount of money to basically improve on the job a vending machine salesman was doing and to babysit Stuart McDonald a couple of times a month.

He really is living the good life.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Pearlman Speaks on 16:10 - Nov 1 with 4883 viewswhiterock

Pearlman Speaks on 15:20 - Nov 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder how much the club shop in town loses per month?

He's paid an extraordinary amount of money to basically improve on the job a vending machine salesman was doing and to babysit Stuart McDonald a couple of times a month.

He really is living the good life.

You should add imo or even imho but you have no idea, same as me but I can’t see the paymasters paying a huge salary without return
Pearlman Speaks on 16:39 - Nov 1 with 4852 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pearlman Speaks on 16:10 - Nov 1 by whiterock

You should add imo or even imho but you have no idea, same as me but I can’t see the paymasters paying a huge salary without return

I think that is all fact. He's paid a lot of money, he's replaced the vending machine salesman and part of his job is making Stuart McDonald and The Trust think they have some sort of relevance and tickling their chin every so often enough so that they'll play nice when it comes to decisions such as how to present the 'deal' to their members.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Pearlman Speaks on 17:36 - Nov 1 with 4774 viewsKGriz16

Can I ask though, what more do people expect Chris Pearlman to do? I would say this is all within one year of being given the role he's doing. Judge him 3-5 years in the future. I honestly don't know what people expect? The world by the looks of things.
Pearlman Speaks on 19:29 - Nov 1 with 4686 viewsQJumpingJack

Why didn't mention his relationship with The Trust?
Pearlman Speaks on 19:40 - Nov 1 with 4667 viewsDewi1jack

Pearlman Speaks on 19:29 - Nov 1 by QJumpingJack

Maybe he doesn't consider patting them on the head whilst saying "there there" is something no-one has already guessed at, therefore not news.

Fair play.
If he's increased revenue by 35% in one year he's brought in around about an extra £34 million. So our revenue for this year (without sales of players) should be in the region of £130 million up from £97 mill.
Think every fugger would be shouting about that and he'd be headhunted by the likes of Yernited/ Arsenal/ Liverpool/ Donald Trump if true.

When does the tele revenue go up or has it done so already?
Before I look foolish and think he's claiming that increase in TV wedge as down to him

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Pearlman Speaks on 19:40 - Nov 1 with 4667 viewsDr_Winston

Pearlman Speaks on 13:34 - Nov 1 by QJumpingJack

All the so called successes Pearlman highlights are things the club should have been doing in Summer 2011 when we won promotion.

In fairness to him at least he's doing the obvious, which wasn't happening before.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Pearlman Speaks on 19:50 - Nov 1 with 4654 viewslonglostjack

Pearlman Speaks on 19:40 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

In fairness to him at least he's doing the obvious, which wasn't happening before.

Agree. Hell of a salary for doing the obvious though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Pearlman Speaks on 20:00 - Nov 1 with 4630 viewsNeath_Jack

Pearlman Speaks on 19:29 - Nov 1 by QJumpingJack

Because they’re an irrelevance?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Pearlman Speaks on 20:07 - Nov 1 with 4610 viewsDewi1jack

Pearlman Speaks on 19:50 - Nov 1 by longlostjack

Agree. Hell of a salary for doing the obvious though.

Aye.
But how much wedge has Dimwit taken in bonuses, wages, share sales, sh1te coffee contracts etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Pearlman Speaks on 20:12 - Nov 1 with 4600 viewsbuilthjack

Pearlman Speaks on 19:40 - Nov 1 by Dewi1jack

Maybe he doesn't consider patting them on the head whilst saying "there there" is something no-one has already guessed at, therefore not news.

Fair play.
If he's increased revenue by 35% in one year he's brought in around about an extra £34 million. So our revenue for this year (without sales of players) should be in the region of £130 million up from £97 mill.
Think every fugger would be shouting about that and he'd be headhunted by the likes of Yernited/ Arsenal/ Liverpool/ Donald Trump if true.

Before I look foolish and think he's claiming that increase in TV wedge as down to him

Up £34m my ar5e.
We should employ half a dozen Pearlmans, then our revenue would be up £200m and we will win the champions league year on year.
Right!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pearlman Speaks on 20:18 - Nov 1 with 4584 viewsGaryjack

Pearlman Speaks on 19:40 - Nov 1 by Dewi1jack

Fair play.

Surely he 'believes' he's increased the commercial revenue income by 35%? And no mention of the commercial revenue outgoings that have increased alongside that.
Pearlman Speaks on 20:41 - Nov 1 with 4539 viewsMoscowJack

Pearlman Speaks on 20:18 - Nov 1 by Garyjack

Surely he 'believes' he's increased the commercial revenue income by 35%? And no mention of the commercial revenue outgoings that have increased alongside that.

Exactly.

It's surely just commercial income that's been increased - I'd like to know how many extra staff and how much extra money was spent to generate that extra 35%. I would fancy a bet on the additional outgoings matching the addition revenue!

I must admit that I can't resist saying that a 35% increase in f-all....is still f-all! :)

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Pearlman Speaks on 21:28 - Nov 1 with 4475 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pearlman Speaks on 13:41 - Nov 1 by whoflungdung

The new club shop is utterly underwhelming although in a good position

It's expensive and not best quality

I bet you used to go in there when it was John Colliers for your slacks

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Pearlman Speaks on 00:39 - Nov 2 with 4374 viewstheloneranger

Pearlman Speaks on 21:28 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I bet you used to go in there when it was John Colliers for your slacks

That's "The Window To Watch"......!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Pearlman Speaks on 10:07 - Nov 2 with 4240 viewsLegend83

Pearlman Speaks on 20:41 - Nov 1 by MoscowJack

Exactly.

It's surely just commercial income that's been increased - I'd like to know how many extra staff and how much extra money was spent to generate that extra 35%. I would fancy a bet on the additional outgoings matching the addition revenue!

I must admit that I can't resist saying that a 35% increase in f-all....is still f-all! :)

Yes but that was Pearlman's remit and if he hit / smashed his target then it's hard to criticise him.

He was brought in to improve the Commerical running of the club and widen revenue streams (which will always come with associated running costs), not single-handedly turn the club into Manchester United. He has clearly plucked the low-hanging fruit as is human nature and what happens in the short-term on such a project of this scale.

As others have said, judge him on the state of the club's commercial activity in 2-3 years time.
Pearlman Speaks on 10:19 - Nov 2 with 4235 viewsQJumpingJack

Pearlman Speaks on 10:07 - Nov 2 by Legend83

Yes but that was Pearlman's remit and if he hit / smashed his target then it's hard to criticise him.

He was brought in to improve the Commerical running of the club and widen revenue streams (which will always come with associated running costs), not single-handedly turn the club into Manchester United. He has clearly plucked the low-hanging fruit as is human nature and what happens in the short-term on such a project of this scale.

As others have said, judge him on the state of the club's commercial activity in 2-3 years time.

will he and the owners be here in 2-3 years?
Pearlman Speaks on 10:38 - Nov 2 with 4214 viewsLegend83

Pearlman Speaks on 10:19 - Nov 2 by QJumpingJack

will he and the owners be here in 2-3 years?

Maybe, maybe not.

But that is besides the point.
Pearlman Speaks on 12:25 - Nov 2 with 4183 viewsMoscowJack

Pearlman Speaks on 10:07 - Nov 2 by Legend83

Legend83,

Pearlman's the one going "look at me, look what I've done" - it's not as if we've berated him and he's responded in his own defence.

Also, I'm not saying that he hasn't possibly done a good job, but if he's going to start throwing numbers out to the public, he needs to put it into context.

Improving one of the worst Commercial Departments in the top two divisions isn't hard but you're right, the tough stuff (and real test) will come once he's dealt with the 'low-hanging fruit'. I also don't count shirt or stadium sponsorship under that category.

I really hope he does well as it's obvious we need the money. Also, does anyone else think he's being groomed for Jenkins' role with a real DoF coming in alongside him?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Pearlman Speaks on 16:51 - Nov 2 with 4118 viewsQJumpingJack

Does Pearlman report into Jenkins or the American owners?
Pearlman Speaks on 16:56 - Nov 2 with 4117 viewsLoyal

Pearlman Speaks on 14:55 - Nov 1 by whiterock

Good point, we have to progress and I'm sure whatever Pearlman earns will be measured by what he brings in, I would suspect that to be double this year, quadruple next year, as he says, there is tons of room for growth

His talk is cheap.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Pearlman Speaks on 17:30 - Nov 2 with 4104 viewsheadcleaner

Those companies I wouldn't mind betting on wanted to get involved with a premier league club on the cheap. I guarantee he didn't cold call them and convince them of the benefits that would come their way if they jumped in bed using his seductive American tones on them. I like many are underwhelmed at the commercial side of the club so matchday is great if you want to fine dine and schmooze and take in a football match as a side attraction but that's got very little to do with how well we perform as a club. He doesn't particularly give a hoot and neither does his staff. But come relegation he will and they will most likely be looking for a new job. 750K is mental it should be performance-based commision.

It would be interesting to see how we compare on incomes with other clubs and considering there is very little for 50 miles east and 200 north I'd bet we perform poorly and compared to other club shops of similar sized clubs I'd imagine most are full of tat and low end rubbish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024