Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? 21:27 - Sep 15 with 17606 viewsLeonisGod

Reminds me of Jason Scotland for Wigan. Has lost his swagger and is playing it safe by playing deep, little layoffs but little threat. Making no headway against Chellini and fluffing his chance when he had it.

looks like a step too far for him. But he'll probably score now though [bounc]
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:33 - Sep 15 with 3040 viewsmorningstar

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:27 - Sep 15 by raynor94

Because he belongs over the Ocean

It's my Bonnie 'lies' over the ocean, not belongs.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:37 - Sep 15 with 3034 viewsLeonisGod

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:07 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/player-topic-wilfried-bony-2015-16.314

12 million

"He just needs a bit more time, and he'll start banging them in for fun." Now where have we heard that before...?

He found his feet here, so maybe he will there. The trouble for him is that we changed our whole system based on interchanging movement to one where we played almost everything through him. He won't get that luxury at City - he looked relatively static tonight and they don't play that way lumping it to a big target man. With Silva and Aguerro it's all lots of runs and little balls slipped through for forwards to run on to. Not "Bonnie's" game at all.
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:37 - Sep 15 with 3033 viewsraynor94

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:33 - Sep 15 by morningstar

I did know, my apologies for my so called humour

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:51 - Sep 15 with 3014 viewsmorningstar

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:37 - Sep 15 by raynor94

I did know, my apologies for my so called humour

Oh I get it now!

.........what humour was that then?

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 23:07 - Sep 15 with 2987 viewsSwansNZ

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:37 - Sep 15 by LeonisGod

"He just needs a bit more time, and he'll start banging them in for fun." Now where have we heard that before...?

He found his feet here, so maybe he will there. The trouble for him is that we changed our whole system based on interchanging movement to one where we played almost everything through him. He won't get that luxury at City - he looked relatively static tonight and they don't play that way lumping it to a big target man. With Silva and Aguerro it's all lots of runs and little balls slipped through for forwards to run on to. Not "Bonnie's" game at all.

While he was doing ok and scoring a few when he started with us, he really became very good when he started getting a good run of games. He’s not going to get that at Man City.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 23:21 - Sep 15 with 2965 viewssully49

Really good business, big pay day for us and Gomis stepped up to the mark and that's all that matters. Good luck to him and thanks as he was a class act whilst here. Onwards and upwards.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 0:24]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 23:24 - Sep 15 with 2959 viewsSwanseajill

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:33 - Sep 15 by morningstar

And follows with..

And bring back my Bonnie to me, to me.

Now that'll be a nice loan signing in my opinion. I would welcome that for sure.
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 23:35 - Sep 15 with 2944 viewscwrw

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 21:55 - Sep 15 by Darran

Well said Bov.

Never in the history of the Internet has any other person using it had less going for them.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 00:09 - Sep 16 with 2927 viewsmorningstar

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 23:24 - Sep 15 by Swanseajill

And follows with..

And bring back my Bonnie to me, to me.

Now that'll be a nice loan signing in my opinion. I would welcome that for sure.

Sorry Lor I wouldn't. It would be disruptive and against the grain of our set up for him too return here.

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 04:43 - Sep 16 with 2868 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:01 - Sep 15 by icecoldjack

I have to take the view that it's bad for us all if Bony fails up there.

Before you can say the word "low transfer fee" others/clubs will be muttering that taking a player from the Swans would be a huge gamble, and the cheeky fooks would probably use it against us in any brgining !

We should all want Wilf to do well because of the following..

1. If he makes it at Man City then it further re-enforces our niche as the perfect stepping stone club for attracting the likes of Ayew etc,etc.
2. If he makes it at Mn city then the next player that a big club wants from us really does come with a huge Transfer fee !!

If we keep sending out apparent duds to the top 4/6 then that lucrative market will start to dry up, the big clubs wont look to steal our players and that will have an effect on us being able to market ourselves to hot talent looking to break into prem football.

I know many will think we should always try and keep our best players but thats just not possible unless your Real Madrid ! the next best thing is use the market for our advantage,exactly like we did with Bony .

C'mon wilf score a fookin' hatrick !!

I prefer the view that his failure can serve as a warning to others to not leave a good thing when you've got it in Swansea.

I give him a little credit for signing the extension that gave us some leverage last January. But still, he left to "play CL football" at Man City instead of earning his way there at Swansea, so yes as Darran says, f*** him. My dream is to see us get there ourselves, while he watches from the sidelines at Man City.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 4:47]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 05:00 - Sep 16 with 2861 viewsicecoldjack

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 04:43 - Sep 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

I prefer the view that his failure can serve as a warning to others to not leave a good thing when you've got it in Swansea.

I give him a little credit for signing the extension that gave us some leverage last January. But still, he left to "play CL football" at Man City instead of earning his way there at Swansea, so yes as Darran says, f*** him. My dream is to see us get there ourselves, while he watches from the sidelines at Man City.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 4:47]

Nothing wrong with that viewpoint at all, but i can't blame him for wanting to leave for Man City. Like you say Bony helped us by signing a new contract which ensured we got a better deal for all concerned.

The nature of football is that if you do well others will want to sign your players, if as you hope, we got to Champions league then other teams will want to buy and the value will go up .

IMO we have a great niche being a good technical stepping stone club for newbies in the prem league, it helps the cause when we shift footballers onto the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Napoli,Spurs etc.
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 05:17 - Sep 16 with 2856 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 05:00 - Sep 16 by icecoldjack

Nothing wrong with that viewpoint at all, but i can't blame him for wanting to leave for Man City. Like you say Bony helped us by signing a new contract which ensured we got a better deal for all concerned.

The nature of football is that if you do well others will want to sign your players, if as you hope, we got to Champions league then other teams will want to buy and the value will go up .

IMO we have a great niche being a good technical stepping stone club for newbies in the prem league, it helps the cause when we shift footballers onto the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Napoli,Spurs etc.

But whether he fails or not once they get there doesn't really affect our perception as "a good stepping stone" IMO. The mere fact we give a guy like Bony the chance to do it is enough. We can't be held the least bit responsible if a player doesn't perform well after he leaves the Swans.

On the contrary...if he fails, he could serve the dual purpose of showing Swansea as an opportunity for big things; while simultaneously warning that the grass isn't always greener afterward.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 07:02 - Sep 16 with 2833 viewsDr_Winston

Would have him back in a heartbeat and so should anyone else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:03 - Sep 16 with 2788 viewsScoobyWho

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 07:02 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

If it meant Gomis not paying at all would you still want him back ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:05 - Sep 16 with 2777 viewsItchySphincter

Bang on, was just about to post the same. His ability to score goals hasn't changed, some thick people about.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:07 - Sep 16 with 2646 viewsDr_Winston

Bony's four years younger and scored more goals so yeah.

It probably would have to be a one in, one out situation though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:07 - Sep 16 with 2646 viewspencoedjack

Spot on Dr
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:24 - Sep 16 with 2620 viewswaynekerr55

He's crap man. Just like Gomis.

Little starts and sub appearances here and there is difficult at the best of times, never mind when you're at a huge club like citeh

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:38 - Sep 16 with 2597 viewsNookiejack

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 22:37 - Sep 15 by LeonisGod

Yes makes you think that Gomis would thrive in their system - as you say with all little balls slipped through and then him making number of runs off last shoulder etc
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 09:25 - Sep 16 with 2565 viewsLeonisGod

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:05 - Sep 16 by ItchySphincter

Bang on, was just about to post the same. His ability to score goals hasn't changed, some thick people about.

I think it's just a matter of him playing against higher class opposition tonight, but then more generally the system doesn't suit him at City. I always get the impression he looks a little bit lost there whilst his team mates are buzzing around him. I've no doubt if he came back here and was the main man he'd be firing on all cylinders in no time.
Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 09:28 - Sep 16 with 2561 viewsSwansNZ

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:38 - Sep 16 by Nookiejack

Yes makes you think that Gomis would thrive in their system - as you say with all little balls slipped through and then him making number of runs off last shoulder etc

So we swap Gomis for Bony plus 12 million. Sorted!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 09:46 - Sep 16 with 2539 viewsDr_Winston

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 09:25 - Sep 16 by LeonisGod

I think it's just a matter of him playing against higher class opposition tonight, but then more generally the system doesn't suit him at City. I always get the impression he looks a little bit lost there whilst his team mates are buzzing around him. I've no doubt if he came back here and was the main man he'd be firing on all cylinders in no time.

Scored goals against the top sides for us so it would seem that they system does have a lot to do with it.

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 10:45 - Sep 16 with 2494 viewsmonmouth

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 08:38 - Sep 16 by Nookiejack

Ha ha. I'm a fan of the pouting frog genius now; he's totally won me over, but if he went to play in Man City's system there isn't a computer in the world that could cope with the offside stat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 11:59 - Sep 16 with 2444 viewsLord_Bony

It's Scotty mk 2 again.

They have such depth in that squad it's hard to get a look in with the likes of augero,Kompany,silva
Etc etc.

I think he ll be disillusioned with it all if he thrives on game time.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 13:34 - Sep 16 with 2357 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Bony not really doing it for Man C is he? on 23:07 - Sep 15 by SwansNZ

While he was doing ok and scoring a few when he started with us, he really became very good when he started getting a good run of games. He’s not going to get that at Man City.

You'd have thought that their scouting system may have picked up on that

He's never going to be 1st choice unless they change their system so don't know why they paid all that for a bench player whose not the best at playing the impact sub role

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024