Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers 20:10 - Feb 24 with 1577 viewsTGRRRSSS

On the BBC site, goes on about how long they've been Premier Legaue - er we were founding members whilst Foolham had 2k watching them lose to Rochdale you prck
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:14 - Feb 24 with 1570 viewsHayesender

They're an established premier league side with gates of around 26000. In that respect I'm afraid they are bigger than us.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:18 - Feb 24 with 1561 viewsTheBlob

Are we really smaller or is it because we're really far away?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:20 - Feb 24 with 1553 viewsTGRRRSSS

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:14 - Feb 24 by Hayesender

They're an established premier league side with gates of around 26000. In that respect I'm afraid they are bigger than us.

Yup the Japanese hard core they got going down there really is something.
As Ive said elsewhere if we had a ground similarly sized reckon we'd have similar, if not more.
Look at our away following down the years.
Don't think they are really bigger than us even if they think they are.
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:26 - Feb 24 with 1543 viewsFFC1

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:20 - Feb 24 by TGRRRSSS

As Ive said elsewhere if we had a ground similarly sized reckon we'd have similar, if not more.

Haven't seen a Japanese fan since Inamoto left mate- I suppose you made an effort with that comment though so good luck to you
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:27 - Feb 24 with 1537 viewsEllerslieW12

Yeah not sure we can talk about home attendances either after the Chelsea debacle.
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:30 - Feb 24 with 1529 viewsWatford_Ranger

We've always been very similar sized clubs. Their marketing is top class and they're able to eke out support to the maximum. Our previous board seemed intent on having a few hundred friends in the crowd all playing £10,000 for a season ticket and it'll take time to recover, not helped by the pathetic online ticketing system and Ticketmaster. If both clubs went down I think the crowds would be roughly the same.
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:30 - Feb 24 with 1526 viewsAunt_Nelly

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:27 - Feb 24 by EllerslieW12

Yeah not sure we can talk about home attendances either after the Chelsea debacle.

Fulham twunt disguised as an R.

Getting in some practice for your trip to the Bush tomorrow eh...
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:33 - Feb 24 with 1515 viewsEllerslieW12

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:30 - Feb 24 by Aunt_Nelly

Fulham twunt disguised as an R.

Getting in some practice for your trip to the Bush tomorrow eh...

bore off i'm just a preacher of the truth as if i'd support a wet club like that

Login to get fewer ads

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:42 - Feb 24 with 1495 viewsTGRRRSSS

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:30 - Feb 24 by Watford_Ranger

We've always been very similar sized clubs. Their marketing is top class and they're able to eke out support to the maximum. Our previous board seemed intent on having a few hundred friends in the crowd all playing £10,000 for a season ticket and it'll take time to recover, not helped by the pathetic online ticketing system and Ticketmaster. If both clubs went down I think the crowds would be roughly the same.

Disagree there Watford, I think when times are hard you'll see more down at Rangers be it home or away (and many can't do it all I'm one of them), I doubt they'd have got support like us in the dark days of relegation in 2001 to 2003 in particular.
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:50 - Feb 24 with 1479 viewsHayesender

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:42 - Feb 24 by TGRRRSSS

Disagree there Watford, I think when times are hard you'll see more down at Rangers be it home or away (and many can't do it all I'm one of them), I doubt they'd have got support like us in the dark days of relegation in 2001 to 2003 in particular.

Our core support is around 13/14000, whether in the premier league or league 1.

So whilst I agree we do have a bigger hard core support than Fulham, there's no doubt they've pulled away from us in the last 12 years or so.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:51 - Feb 24 with 1473 viewsWatford_Ranger

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:42 - Feb 24 by TGRRRSSS

I agree. I think their hardcore is smaller and if both clubs went into absolute meltdown off the pitch and rocked up in the fourth tier we'd get far higher crowds home and away. Where they're located they're more prone to the sort of people who fancy seeing a game and would disappear quite quickly after even one relegation, but if they're pulling in 26000 in the Prem then even with the loss of the Tarquins, tourists and a few others I think they'd initially get 16000 or so. A few years outside the Prem and they'd suffer a lot.
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 21:16 - Feb 24 with 1437 viewsFFC1

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 20:51 - Feb 24 by Watford_Ranger

I agree. I think their hardcore is smaller and if both clubs went into absolute meltdown off the pitch and rocked up in the fourth tier we'd get far higher crowds home and away. Where they're located they're more prone to the sort of people who fancy seeing a game and would disappear quite quickly after even one relegation, but if they're pulling in 26000 in the Prem then even with the loss of the Tarquins, tourists and a few others I think they'd initially get 16000 or so. A few years outside the Prem and they'd suffer a lot.

I don't understand why Rangers fans talk about class so much- Fulham's proper fans are absolutely working class, and it's a myth to suggest you don't have your fair share of middle class fans yourself
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers (n/t) on 21:17 - Feb 24 with 1429 viewsEllerslieW12

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 21:16 - Feb 24 by FFC1

I don't understand why Rangers fans talk about class so much- Fulham's proper fans are absolutely working class, and it's a myth to suggest you don't have your fair share of middle class fans yourself

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 21:18 - Feb 24 with 1426 viewsEllerslieW12

you aint proper then cos you talk proper! you aint no builder
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 21:23 - Feb 24 with 1421 viewsTheBlob

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 21:18 - Feb 24 by EllerslieW12

you aint proper then cos you talk proper! you aint no builder

Aren't "working class" people those howwid horny handed sons of toil that sell Big Issue and live in a frightful council flat on the sort of money every week that gets one just a Sea Bass starter at Quaglino's?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 13:59 - Feb 25 with 1293 viewsderbyhoop

The progress made by FDulham over the last 10 years, while we've been dicking around in the lower Leagues, entitles Jol to come out with opinions like that. Personally, I'd pin that up in the dressing room before kick off. The players shouldn't need much motivating to shove the comments back down his throat.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 14:55 - Feb 25 with 1256 viewsBrightonhoop

Yes they are all middle class in R block. Forever tripping over prawn sandwitches.
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 17:03 - Feb 25 with 1247 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Your kidding right? We are lucky to get 15k of a matchday. Forget all this "sold out" bo11ocks and have a look around you next time you go, say against the likes of Wolves or Blackburn. There are empty seats upon seats at every home game with the name of a season ticket holder on them. People who will no doubt be there for the Man Utd's and Arsenals of the this world. We do need another ground because Loftus Road well out of date but lets not kid ourselves into thinking we have an extra 10k fans just lining up to buy tickets because we haven't.
Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 17:24 - Feb 25 with 1227 viewskensalriser

Do we really need another thread for the under 5s to squabble with Fulham ?

Just boring now and some of you are sounding quite bitter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 23:24 - Feb 25 with 1133 viewsTGRRRSSS

Jol - Fools bigger than Rangers on 17:03 - Feb 25 by dodge_stoke_r

Your kidding right? We are lucky to get 15k of a matchday. Forget all this "sold out" bo11ocks and have a look around you next time you go, say against the likes of Wolves or Blackburn. There are empty seats upon seats at every home game with the name of a season ticket holder on them. People who will no doubt be there for the Man Utd's and Arsenals of the this world. We do need another ground because Loftus Road well out of date but lets not kid ourselves into thinking we have an extra 10k fans just lining up to buy tickets because we haven't.

Reading had a ground with 14.5K at Elm Park average gate of 9K, now have average gate of 19K - we would get average well above size of LR in a bigger ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024