Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madsen 21:44 - Oct 1 with 13737 viewsKiko

I know he scored a penalty, but other than that I thought he was awful. What a waste of money. Midfield is crying out for someone who can impose themselves on the game
Madsen on 18:52 - Oct 4 with 2559 viewsandrew1302

And this thread seems to say wrong players bought and wrong tactics. Result will be a disaster unless someone wakes up to what seems obvious to people on this board. I also dont agree on Field. He is left isolated as the rest of the midfield bar Colback seem simply scared of making a tackle. This division is not fancy and frankly Marti needs to wake up to that pretty quickly. We nor he can afford 3 or 4 more games without a win.
Madsen on 19:08 - Oct 4 with 2486 viewseastside_r

I’m not going to write him off after, what is it, 6 games.

But for balance, is he this generation’s Ned Zelic?
Madsen on 19:49 - Oct 4 with 2382 viewsQPROslo

Madsen on 19:08 - Oct 4 by eastside_r

I’m not going to write him off after, what is it, 6 games.

But for balance, is he this generation’s Ned Zelic?

Is all this about Madsen? Looks a decent player to me, good technique, good passing, he gets about the pitch, showed that when he scored for us when he got up in support of Frey to score his first, on his debut If I remember right. Got himself a pen the other night that wasn't for saving. He also got stuck in defending our box when we were down to10 men, looks like his hight will be useful in our team of dwarves, and no doubt our training staff will be building him up for the big boys game asap. Think he's done well so far, seems to improve almost every game.
Madsen on 20:46 - Oct 4 with 2266 viewsBurnleyhoop

Madsen on 12:41 - Oct 4 by Antti_Heinola

I mean who on earth seriously thought we were play off contenders?
Based on what?

Hope. And that their statistics at their respective clubs indicated they were good, if not exceptional, performers in their respective leagues.

This, however, is the Championship. Let’s at least give them this season before vilifying them as useless. For me, only Celar is of major concern, but he needs to get at least 20 games under his belt before any sort of opinion is proffered to his true capabilities.
Madsen on 21:26 - Oct 4 with 2184 viewsqueensparker

Tuesday was the first time I’d seen Madsen play live and he looks a good player to me. In the first half he was instrumental in all that was good and finding space and playing good balls forward, he probably did more attacking work in that half than Dozzell did in half a season

Plus his penalty was outstanding

Let’s not jump on his back just yet.
Madsen on 22:04 - Oct 4 with 2101 viewskensalriser

Madsen on 21:26 - Oct 4 by queensparker

Tuesday was the first time I’d seen Madsen play live and he looks a good player to me. In the first half he was instrumental in all that was good and finding space and playing good balls forward, he probably did more attacking work in that half than Dozzell did in half a season

Plus his penalty was outstanding

Let’s not jump on his back just yet.

You haven't had the memo, clearly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Madsen on 22:12 - Oct 4 with 2078 viewsAntti_Heinola

Madsen on 17:03 - Oct 4 by Ned_Kennedys

So what was your expectation for this season then? Our usual 16th or to battle bravely against relegation (again)?

Based on what Cifuentes achieved over the second half of last season and our form being then being close to play off form, a whole pre-season, offloading a lot of dead wood and plenty of signings it was more than reasonable to expect mid table as a minimum if not challenging the top ten.

Being bottom three at this stage is very poor and we deserve to be there based on performances.
Plenty of time to turn it around but you cannot blame fans’ expectations for being higher.

Absolutely expected us to be higher than bottom three, but I disagree with views on our form. I think we have played very well in parts of games, and have achieved some very creditable results, played well twice against Luton and showed a lot of guts in other games like Sheff U, and were very unfortunate v Plymouth. Until a week ago, we'd only lost once and were about where i expected us to be.

My expectations are certainly to be comfortable in mid table, but I didn't expect more than that, because we almost got relegated last season, lost a key player who helped turn our season (Hayden) and, whatever you think of him, lost Willock too, who was a regular starter. Les was much derided but he was very honest about signings - for any club, the ratio of 'success' (as in, immediate, effective, first team regulars) is not high. So I was prepared for some of our signings to not work out.

I'm not massively worried about where we are now. We have a good manager, he's proved that, and he'll turn it around. but if you think getting rid of a goalie and a few players who barely played for us anyway and a few signings are going to make us into promotion challengers, yes, in my view, that's a tad unrealistic.
And I'm not sure where I blamed fans expectations for anything - that's ridiculous. But fans will get more upset about bad results if their expectations are higher than the reality. Last season we all knew we had a poor side, and actually the fans were very supportive and forgiving. This year, essentially, a 4-0 win v Leeds has raised the expectations of some fans to a silly level. That doesn't mean we shouldn't demand better, but if you spend this season believing this squad is anywhere close to being promotion challengers beyond a sort of streaky crack at 6th, you're going to be very angry all season.

Your note about a whole pre-season is a great case in point. On day one of this season, we had a team that did not include Saito, Madsen and Dembele. So, in terms of what we'd call our first eleven, a third of them weren't even at the club during that period.

Bare bones.

Madsen on 01:44 - Oct 6 with 1724 views1JD

Genuinely shocked to see Madsen start yet again today. He’s surely only playing now because of the price tag. Picking him needs to stop if we are to have any hope of competing, because it’s like playing with 10 men, straight from kick off.

People have commented some fans don’t like “a player like him”. I love a flair CM and he’s absolutely nothing of the sort. To say he plays on the periphery, is an understatement. Even Andre Dozzell had more to his game, and that’s saying something. I’m seeing absolutely nothing in his game that suggests he has any hope of playing CM at this level. He can’t tackle, can’t run, has no bite, doesn’t jump, doesn’t make himself available for passes, just nothing.

And definitely not a number 10 either, no tricks, skills, pace, number 10 movement into pockets back to goal, nothing in the number 10 locker. And I’ve seen a tortoise move quicker! How on earth has we spent on this money on this player
Login to get fewer ads

Madsen on 03:13 - Oct 6 with 1627 viewsMrNITK

Just an observation from today.
To be fair he wasn’t the only one who was weak as p!ss and got out jumped and muscled by their 5ft 10in centre midfielder. Anderson and Field equally as powder puff.
3 midfielders way over 6ft and bullied from where I was watching. Need to roll their sleeves up and actually start smashing into some tackles and winning a few 50/50’s!!
90 minutes of watching that rubbish and the only tackle that made us cheer was Cooks after his air shot!
From memory they made about 10 recovering tackles that their fans cheered.
Be nice to have something to cheer!!!!
Madsen on 06:29 - Oct 6 with 1472 viewsjoe90

Madsen on 01:44 - Oct 6 by 1JD

Genuinely shocked to see Madsen start yet again today. He’s surely only playing now because of the price tag. Picking him needs to stop if we are to have any hope of competing, because it’s like playing with 10 men, straight from kick off.

People have commented some fans don’t like “a player like him”. I love a flair CM and he’s absolutely nothing of the sort. To say he plays on the periphery, is an understatement. Even Andre Dozzell had more to his game, and that’s saying something. I’m seeing absolutely nothing in his game that suggests he has any hope of playing CM at this level. He can’t tackle, can’t run, has no bite, doesn’t jump, doesn’t make himself available for passes, just nothing.

And definitely not a number 10 either, no tricks, skills, pace, number 10 movement into pockets back to goal, nothing in the number 10 locker. And I’ve seen a tortoise move quicker! How on earth has we spent on this money on this player

Don’t say that unless you want to be labelled as a footballing Luddite who only wants a team of Terry Butchers circa 89.

You’re obviously to ignorant to see that we’ve signed the next Iniesta.
[Post edited 6 Oct 6:31]
Madsen on 08:22 - Oct 6 with 1219 viewsthehat

Madsen on 01:44 - Oct 6 by 1JD

Totally agree it was a poor performance from everyone bar Nardi but Madsen was the worst by some distance he is an absolute liability. At one point in the first half we worked ourselves into a good position in thier final third and Madsen tried to find Paal on the left with a 20 foot simple pass and missed his target by about 10 feet and the ball went out for a Derby throw.

And just look at thier second goal………..
Madsen on 08:31 - Oct 6 with 1175 viewscorse

Madsen on 08:22 - Oct 6 by thehat

Totally agree it was a poor performance from everyone bar Nardi but Madsen was the worst by some distance he is an absolute liability. At one point in the first half we worked ourselves into a good position in thier final third and Madsen tried to find Paal on the left with a 20 foot simple pass and missed his target by about 10 feet and the ball went out for a Derby throw.

And just look at thier second goal………..

That goal goes to paal who did not make a move to get madsens pass and paal s all around slow reaction to anything around him so didnt notice derby player who took the ball.
[Post edited 6 Oct 8:57]
Madsen on 08:49 - Oct 6 with 1119 viewsQPROslo

I thought Madsen had an off game yesterday but he's been good previously and scored 2 goals from midfield in his short time with us.
Madsen on 09:12 - Oct 6 with 1050 viewsKiko

People can say what they like about him being great on the ball etc. Reality is that he's absolute rubbish and teams are slicing through our midfield easily whilst he's in there with Anderson. He's about 6'6 and the least we should be able to expect is a bit pf physicality. I hope he sorts it out, but at the minute he makes Dozell look like Messi. I hope he sorts it out and proves me wrong.
Madsen (n/t) on 09:13 - Oct 6 with 1049 viewsKiko

[Post edited 6 Oct 9:14]
Madsen on 14:43 - Oct 7 with 674 viewsOxfordHoops

Have to agree, they can’t play together, far too lightweight for the Championship. He’s got to play either one with field, Colback or Varane. Unfortunately ones injured and the other suspended, leaving only field as the defensive midfielder’s and with Paal playing poorly and neither Santos or Ashby up to the rigours of the league yet, we are struggling against the press and loosing the ball in our own half. Marti must see this, when JCS is available again and Colback or Varane, I think we will be better defensively and not keep getting caught out.
Cmon U Rrrrrrrrs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024