Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richards. 08:29 - Jun 13 with 11486 viewsconnell10

Are we ever gonna get rid of this waste of space? He must be in terrible condition right now! Cant we just pay the kunt off or something.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Richards. on 09:05 - Jun 13 with 4827 viewsGloucs_R

Apparently he keeps popping up at training. Almost like it's a tick box exercise before the next breakdown.

I think we should loan him out to a Hungarian team for 12 months and see how he gets on....
[Post edited 13 Jun 9:32]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Richards. on 09:12 - Jun 13 with 4794 viewsHooparoo

Richards. on 09:05 - Jun 13 by Gloucs_R

Apparently he keeps popping up at training. Almost like it's a tick box exercise before the next breakdown.

I think we should loan him out to a Hungarian team for 12 months and see how he gets on....
[Post edited 13 Jun 9:32]

I think we should set fire to him and claim it on insurance

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Richards. on 09:18 - Jun 13 with 4738 viewspaulhoop2

There seems to be a lot of sympathy on here for him not sure why I know Clive mentioned a mental health issue and or a stabbing ? Either way they should look at paying him
Off another Belk outstanding recruitment !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Richards. on 10:13 - Jun 13 with 4580 viewsconnell10

Richards. on 09:18 - Jun 13 by paulhoop2

There seems to be a lot of sympathy on here for him not sure why I know Clive mentioned a mental health issue and or a stabbing ? Either way they should look at paying him

Its just so frustrating.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Richards. on 10:45 - Jun 13 with 4426 viewsbosh67

It would be good to know where the club stands on his future. There does seem to be a lot more going on with this lad that we perhaps don't know about and who knows what the situation is regarding any insurance etc that the club may have in place regarding his circumstances?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Richards. on 10:47 - Jun 13 with 4407 viewscolinallcars

Two cheers for Andy Belk…
Richards. on 10:49 - Jun 13 with 4396 viewsdmm

Richards. on 10:45 - Jun 13 by bosh67

It would be good to know where the club stands on his future. There does seem to be a lot more going on with this lad that we perhaps don't know about and who knows what the situation is regarding any insurance etc that the club may have in place regarding his circumstances?

I can't see the club revealing much about him, Bosh. They've been pretty tight lipped since he came and Nourry seems even more reluctant to divulge player information which I find irritating.
Richards. on 10:51 - Jun 13 with 4381 viewsLanhoop

As I see it, there's really only two outcomes with him. Either a) he turns it all around and becomes a potential squad player who can contribute something or b) he carries on as he has done for the rest of his contract and is released.

He's not going to just walk away, he has a contract.
Paying off his contract will cost as much as paying him every month but will load all that cost into one FFP year. No point in that.

Don't spend the summer thinking about him, it won't change anything. Forget him and move on. He was a mistake and he won't be the last. Sh1t happens.
Login to get fewer ads

Richards. on 10:56 - Jun 13 with 4358 viewsAntti_Heinola

nothing we can do. i wouldn't waste time thinking about it.

Bare bones.

Richards. on 11:05 - Jun 13 with 4284 viewsnumptydumpty

Richards. on 10:56 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

From Richards viewpoint, probably clearly is aware this is his last job in football but the money he is getting is amazing for him, so no way is he going to walk unless we pay him in full. He has no hope of getting a playing role at a non league club, let alone in any league division.

From the clubs viewpoint, he is holding up a squad space that we need to be available. A negotiation of how we pay him off. Perhaps in installments. Whatever the reasons behind his non contributions, whether that's mental health or just seriously can't be a*sed,, that is not the issue for the club. The club just needs him not to be involved with ourselves anymore.

Think we are all aware, he won't ever even be on the bench in a carabao cup game so best to cut ties as quick as possible.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards. on 11:08 - Jun 13 with 4276 viewsRBlock

Not sure the Belk pile on is fair - do we know this was one of his picks? Also, there needs to be multiple layers of checks on players. Belk's data driven recruitment isn't going to factor in the character/dickhead factor which would be under someone else's remit, DOF etc.

Also, it was a shooting - the murder of Fernando Johnson - https://chiswickcalendar.co.uk/murder-victim-shot-in-acton-named-and-one-arrest-
Richards. on 11:29 - Jun 13 with 4166 viewsLazyFan

There is no way Richards will walk away even if we pay him off in instalments to avoid FFP.

He wants 4 years at QPR on his CV, and you can bet that in his last 6-months, he will be available, ready to play, and trying really hard.

I would pay Elgin City a small fee to take him on loan. A good loan up in the middle of nowhere (sold to him as a quiet Retreat to balance his fragile mind) might make him realise the value of being a pro footballer for a London club. It may also keep him out of London for a while.

zzzzzzzzzz

Richards. on 11:47 - Jun 13 with 4089 viewsAntti_Heinola

Richards. on 11:08 - Jun 13 by RBlock

Not sure the Belk pile on is fair - do we know this was one of his picks? Also, there needs to be multiple layers of checks on players. Belk's data driven recruitment isn't going to factor in the character/dickhead factor which would be under someone else's remit, DOF etc.

Also, it was a shooting - the murder of Fernando Johnson - https://chiswickcalendar.co.uk/murder-victim-shot-in-acton-named-and-one-arrest-

As with any pile on, no one really knows. They think they know, or someone told them, so they know it's gospel. Everyone has their own truths and their own axes to grind and their own arse to cover.

Bare bones.

Richards. on 12:10 - Jun 13 with 3940 viewsE15Hoop

Richards. on 10:56 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

Plus no doubt Marti will have already worked out where the boy's head is currently at and what can realistically be done to sort it out.
Richards. on 12:16 - Jun 13 with 3920 viewsslmrstid

Wasn't he one Beale was insistent on bringing in, over the recruitment team's heads?
Richards. on 12:36 - Jun 13 with 3823 viewsStainrod

The club can't really say anything because:

it would end any slim chance they might have of off-loading him
he could claim mental health issues and then the club would be embroiled in controversy
its not exactly great publicity because it highlights failures in our recruitment process, something I believe Noury is addressing.

Arsenal btw when recruiting players now also look at their academic record, do psychological testing etc. Its all obvious stuff really and amazing in such a high value business recruitment was so amateur for so long.

Hopefully a lesson learned and I like to think we are far less likely to make such mistakes moving forwards, but I bet we are not the only club lumbered with a wannabe gangsta/ good time Charlie/ whatever you want to call this type of waster.
Richards. on 14:04 - Jun 13 with 3539 viewscolinallcars

Thinking about Richards just makes my headache worse.
I was sprinkling some toilet water on my face this morning when suddenly, the toilet seat came crashing down and hit me on the back of my head.
Richards. on 14:13 - Jun 13 with 3507 viewsAntti_Heinola

Richards. on 12:16 - Jun 13 by slmrstid

Wasn't he one Beale was insistent on bringing in, over the recruitment team's heads?

and there's my point, plenty will seek to blame Beale, others will blame Belk. No one knows and even people at the club will seek to jump on one side or the other. Also, rather than blame staff, there's only really one person to blame, and it's the man himself.

Bare bones.

Richards. on 15:31 - Jun 13 with 3295 viewsMatch82

Bit beyond me with the details of the contract, but let's say he's on 10k a week just to pick a nice round number. If we paid all that now, wouldn't that cost us more in "real" terms than paying it as expected during the length of the contract, with inflation and all? 10k in 3 years time is probably equivalent to 9k today
Richards. on 15:40 - Jun 13 with 3265 viewsslmrstid

Richards. on 14:13 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

and there's my point, plenty will seek to blame Beale, others will blame Belk. No one knows and even people at the club will seek to jump on one side or the other. Also, rather than blame staff, there's only really one person to blame, and it's the man himself.

Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan, as they say!
Richards. on 17:07 - Jun 13 with 3070 viewsParkRoyalR

Richards. on 14:13 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

Played a full season for Doncaster Rovers in League 1 so had desire at some point,

Relocated from Shepherds Bush to Manchester (City) for his teenage years so has some fibre,

Just think coming back to Shepherds Bush with a lot of money and hooking up with Central Cee and your old mates is just too big a distraction and really something the Recruitment Dept is'nt going to factor into their spreadsheets.
Richards. on 18:22 - Jun 13 with 2889 viewsHastings_Hoops

What a waste of a career… he’ll suddenly start to get interested in a year or so when he realises that his career will soon be over and he will have to rely on his 4 years I’ll gotten gain from QPR for the rest of his life. Sad.
Richards. on 18:35 - Jun 13 with 2827 viewsJevlar

Who is this Richards fella?
Richards. on 18:43 - Jun 13 with 2786 viewsnumptydumpty

Richards. on 11:29 - Jun 13 by LazyFan

There is no way Richards will walk away even if we pay him off in instalments to avoid FFP.

He wants 4 years at QPR on his CV, and you can bet that in his last 6-months, he will be available, ready to play, and trying really hard.

I would pay Elgin City a small fee to take him on loan. A good loan up in the middle of nowhere (sold to him as a quiet Retreat to balance his fragile mind) might make him realise the value of being a pro footballer for a London club. It may also keep him out of London for a while.

Having four years at QPR on his CV means nothing if he has only a couple of appearances three and a half years ago. No club is going to overlook that and to suggest otherwise is crazy.

He is going nowhere after his stint with us, whether it finishes at the appointed time or ended many years earlier than it is supposed to.

That is what I would call an extremely hard sell.

The bloke that can sell ice to the eskimos would be required - I would suggest !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards. on 00:02 - Jun 15 with 2254 viewscolinallcars

Sailor Richards overlooked yet again in the King's Birthday Honours list just published.
What's a boy to do ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024