Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 11:06 - Dec 1 with 12218 viewsNotLoyal

It’s here at last, the hardest of all hard away games in a place in the middle of the borough. The cold wind and hailstones coming in from the east. The homely inspired dentistry from a local man will determine this fixture. The Boro are gnawing away at the middle of the table just like the swans. There’s nothing in this except a good old root canal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:29 - Dec 4 with 1198 viewsDr_Winston

Looks like Perchy's retirement didn't last long.

Anyone doubt that if we'd won today he'd have stayed silent?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:40 - Dec 4 with 1171 viewsmax936

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:25 - Dec 4 by Johnw102

“I thought we were outstanding in the second half, I will take that performance every single week. I thought we were excellent to a man,” said Martin

“Flynn Downes, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Matt Grimes. I could go through the whole team.

Wish I had watched that game!

He's had a shocker there, we were better 2nd half, suggesting anything more is kidding ourselves.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:18 - Dec 4 with 1106 viewscockneyswan

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:25 - Dec 4 by Johnw102

“I thought we were outstanding in the second half, I will take that performance every single week. I thought we were excellent to a man,” said Martin

“Flynn Downes, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Matt Grimes. I could go through the whole team.

Wish I had watched that game!

We are definitely a “soft touch” these days, Reading, Boro not very good teams have knowing managers who can easily see how to beat us. R M wants us to play possession football but we give the ball away too easily to play like that and we make 30 odd passes with no end product?
Ps what’s happened to Ethan Laird in the last month? Nowhere near where he was!
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 1096 viewsjackrabbit

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:18 - Dec 4 by cockneyswan

We are definitely a “soft touch” these days, Reading, Boro not very good teams have knowing managers who can easily see how to beat us. R M wants us to play possession football but we give the ball away too easily to play like that and we make 30 odd passes with no end product?

Agree with all of that, especially Ethan Laird who has done bugger all for weeks now, except receive a pass glued to the touch line and pass it backwards. Today, he did cut inside once and unleash a left-footed shot straight at the goalkeeper. Fantastic! Let’s see it more often. He used to go outside his full back and cut a pass back into the penalty area, but he seems to have forgotten that he can. He has good acceleration from a standing start- let’s see it more often g’boy!,
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 1094 viewsAndyCole

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:21 - Dec 4 by max936

Work in progress mun, my opinion is that Winter needs to put his size 12 steelies on and kick Martin up the arse.

Post of the post-Cooper era, fair play.

The WIP needs whipping into shape. There's a massive risk that Martin's ego will condemn us to mid-table mediocrity.

We aren't progressing, we are regressing at an unacceptable rate, all due to Martin's bizarre, cult-like obsession with something beyond reach.

A WIP progresses, exponentially. This alleged WIP is regressing, exponentially. it ain't no WIP.

So when folk Simply say, heads buried deeply in the sands of swansea bay, we're a Work In Progress it's a cop out for the blind faith shown to date.

Martin needs to:
- ditch Downs, again, as per
- Smith to anchor Grimes, with Ntcham ACM
- Bennett for calamity Cabango
- utilise Oba as impact sub, far earlier
- Bidders, a mainstay instead of the continued, unsettling rumours
- Manning needs a rest and a good talking to
- Unleash Grimes into the red zone
- Rest Piroe (the#9 he initially rejected)
- ditch CullHim
- believe in hat trick hero Whittaker, the next best to JP at shooting on sight

- and eat some humble pie and learn to stick with the senior players' Plan B, again.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:46 - Dec 4 with 1052 viewsAndyCole

Overall, it was a lacklustre outing.

Let's hope the management team learn, and kick on with the repeated lessons learned, yet again.

Oh, and even the few travellers were muted throughout, nothing to sing for, which is a sad indictment of where we are in mid-bottom table mediocrity. The travelling Jack army is normally steadfast and loud. Today it was wavering and meek.

'Mid-bottom mediocrity' - so disappointing from where we have been the past two terms, and on an upward trajectory. This term is difficult to accept, such a massive, humiliating plummet from League winning contenders.

A week to learn, mature and rediscover Plan B ahead of Cooper's winning brand.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:48 - Dec 4 with 1048 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:30 - Dec 4 by AndyCole

Post of the post-Cooper era, fair play.

The WIP needs whipping into shape. There's a massive risk that Martin's ego will condemn us to mid-table mediocrity.

We aren't progressing, we are regressing at an unacceptable rate, all due to Martin's bizarre, cult-like obsession with something beyond reach.

A WIP progresses, exponentially. This alleged WIP is regressing, exponentially. it ain't no WIP.

So when folk Simply say, heads buried deeply in the sands of swansea bay, we're a Work In Progress it's a cop out for the blind faith shown to date.

Martin needs to:
- ditch Downs, again, as per
- Smith to anchor Grimes, with Ntcham ACM
- Bennett for calamity Cabango
- utilise Oba as impact sub, far earlier
- Bidders, a mainstay instead of the continued, unsettling rumours
- Manning needs a rest and a good talking to
- Unleash Grimes into the red zone
- Rest Piroe (the#9 he initially rejected)
- ditch CullHim
- believe in hat trick hero Whittaker, the next best to JP at shooting on sight

- and eat some humble pie and learn to stick with the senior players' Plan B, again.

What do you base this Grimes in the red zone on? Seriously? 3 goals and 3 assists in 72 games. Or are you still just trolling?
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:56 - Dec 4 with 1019 viewsAndyCole

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:48 - Dec 4 by Treforys_Jack

What do you base this Grimes in the red zone on? Seriously? 3 goals and 3 assists in 72 games. Or are you still just trolling?

TJ, how about wrenching your head out the sands you choose to always bury it, to actually saying something of relevance.

If that's beyond you, and your raison d'etre here is simply to slag off other posters who actually think before posting, simply say so. It's not a good look, mind.

What on earth is the point of you, on here ?

No substance, no style, no nothing. Glad to have made you're day though.

Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:00 - Dec 4 with 1011 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:56 - Dec 4 by AndyCole

TJ, how about wrenching your head out the sands you choose to always bury it, to actually saying something of relevance.

If that's beyond you, and your raison d'etre here is simply to slag off other posters who actually think before posting, simply say so. It's not a good look, mind.

No answer then, didnt think so
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:03 - Dec 4 with 972 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:56 - Dec 4 by AndyCole

At least he has me on ignore although he reads my posts.Its because he has no answer to my honest reasoning.Few on here have the guts to do so without the poster,like Winston,head of the PS delegation on here.
I agree with you on some point but not on Grimes whom I see as Excreable in the extreme. Martin should have taken the captaincy away by now and moved heaven and earth to attract other clubs. We dont need him. Downes can do what he is supposed to do but better but he is being messed about by Martin,as are Obe and Whittaker who have been publically pilloried -absolutely disgusting ,but it passes on here with tacit approval.

Today we saw Williams again exposing us singlehandedly. If we have a price to pay for not selecting him,pay it or simply give him the time he gave Whittaker -3 minute at the end of a game.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:08 - Dec 4 with 1002 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:00 - Dec 4 by Treforys_Jack

No answer then, didnt think so

I'll check back later to see if you've come up with anything, won't hold my breath though. 3 assists mind in over 70 games, despite being on free kick and corner kick duty. I actually like Grimes , just not obsessed with him like you, and see him for what he is, a decent Cdm. However he slows us down and shouldn't be near any dead ball situation.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:15 - Dec 4 with 988 viewsYouBackJastard

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:30 - Dec 4 by felixstowe_jack

Looks like another display of pretty passing without any end result. Still need to get the ball forward quicker instead of letting the opposition time to organise defensivly.

Slipped below halfway in table.

Some people really are stuck in their preconceptions.

'Pretty passing without any end result' we created more than a few goal-worthy chances that our forwards failed to convert
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:20 - Dec 4 with 980 viewsCatullus

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:30 - Dec 4 by jackrabbit

Agree with all of that, especially Ethan Laird who has done bugger all for weeks now, except receive a pass glued to the touch line and pass it backwards. Today, he did cut inside once and unleash a left-footed shot straight at the goalkeeper. Fantastic! Let’s see it more often. He used to go outside his full back and cut a pass back into the penalty area, but he seems to have forgotten that he can. He has good acceleration from a standing start- let’s see it more often g’boy!,

It's as if the entire team has been shorn of confidence very quickly. The good habits we were developing have evaporated and the fear has crept back in. Grimes negative instincts have taken over.
Martin needs to get a grip of this and sort it out. it'd be a shame if the good work that had been done was wasted.
We need to be braver we need more pace, and we need to think more quickly. As DelBoy used to say, he who hesitates is lost.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:31 - Dec 4 with 939 viewsFireboy2

Im so gutted that we didn't meet up, I was sooooo looking forward to meeting you.

Btw whilst it wasn't a good game and result for us, what made me smile was downes having a far better game than your grimesey, it was a joy to behold.

Trouble is RM will persevere with your grimesey, we need another attacking midfielder as several players look tired, RM is doing a cooper, he's flogging players, laird and paterson look shattered and aren't the players they were 2 months ago.

The January window can't come soon enough imo.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:35 - Dec 4 with 934 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:46 - Dec 4 by AndyCole

Overall, it was a lacklustre outing.

Let's hope the management team learn, and kick on with the repeated lessons learned, yet again.

Oh, and even the few travellers were muted throughout, nothing to sing for, which is a sad indictment of where we are in mid-bottom table mediocrity. The travelling Jack army is normally steadfast and loud. Today it was wavering and meek.

'Mid-bottom mediocrity' - so disappointing from where we have been the past two terms, and on an upward trajectory. This term is difficult to accept, such a massive, humiliating plummet from League winning contenders.

A week to learn, mature and rediscover Plan B ahead of Cooper's winning brand.

How would you know about the travelling fans, you didn't go.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:42 - Dec 4 with 922 viewsmax936

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:18 - Dec 4 by cockneyswan

Good post.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:50 - Dec 4 with 908 viewsmax936

Grimes was bloody awful, at least Downes carried the ball forward, Grimes had two decent opportunities freekick out on the right which he put nice and neatly into the keepers hands and he followed that with a freekick in a cracking position, straight down the middle which give the keeper a chance to make himself look theatrically brilliant.
Where was his leadership today, ?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:58 - Dec 4 with 894 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:50 - Dec 4 by max936

Grimes was bloody awful, at least Downes carried the ball forward, Grimes had two decent opportunities freekick out on the right which he put nice and neatly into the keepers hands and he followed that with a freekick in a cracking position, straight down the middle which give the keeper a chance to make himself look theatrically brilliant.
Where was his leadership today, ?

Not in AC's weird little world. Grimes is Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:06 - Dec 4 with 882 viewsDr_Winston

Grimes has never offered much. His veneration is a genuine "Emperor's New Clothes" thing. You can say perhaps that he's had one good season in the last six years, and even then he was overrated for that.

He's a decent tackler, and he's a decent passer as long as you don't expect anything more than about 10-15 yards and generally backwards. His record on set pieces is hilariously bad, yet he's still almost always the one who takes them for us.

He contributes nothing that every other midfielder in the first team squad can't do, yet somehow retains the captaincy and an automatic first team berth every game. It's f*ckin' weird by this point.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:27 - Dec 4 with 858 viewsmax936

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:06 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

Grimes has never offered much. His veneration is a genuine "Emperor's New Clothes" thing. You can say perhaps that he's had one good season in the last six years, and even then he was overrated for that.

He's a decent tackler, and he's a decent passer as long as you don't expect anything more than about 10-15 yards and generally backwards. His record on set pieces is hilariously bad, yet he's still almost always the one who takes them for us.

He contributes nothing that every other midfielder in the first team squad can't do, yet somehow retains the captaincy and an automatic first team berth every game. It's f*ckin' weird by this point.

He's a decent guy, think that much is obvious in the way he speaks, he's well liked by everyone at the club including his fellow players, probably an excellent trainer etc and got the respect of the team, but his leadership skills on the field come game time is shocking, he may get in the Refs hear, but where is his game management skill's, I rarely see Martin calling him aside to issue instructions, its usually other players he calls.
Probably perform better without the captaincy.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:37 - Dec 4 with 831 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:35 - Dec 4 by Fireboy2

How would you know about the travelling fans, you didn't go.

Fair play,you and Dr Winston certainly acting in concert together.Maybe get a room or maybe try to post with some respect.I dont expect it from Winston but I am so disappointed in how you have turned out.

You happy with it all then as well as Winston.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:42 - Dec 4 with 837 viewsDr_Winston

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:37 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Fair play,you and Dr Winston certainly acting in concert together.Maybe get a room or maybe try to post with some respect.I dont expect it from Winston but I am so disappointed in how you have turned out.

You happy with it all then as well as Winston.

Sad little man.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:55 - Dec 4 with 808 viewsDr_Parnassus

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:15 - Dec 4 by YouBackJastard

Some people really are stuck in their preconceptions.

'Pretty passing without any end result' we created more than a few goal-worthy chances that our forwards failed to convert

Except we have far less goal attempts this season than any season under Cooper, and people wanted that change to become more attacking.

So having “some” shots doesn’t really cut it. Especially with a trillion passes and more possession than a Colombian drug lord.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 22:09 - Dec 4 with 782 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:55 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Except we have far less goal attempts this season than any season under Cooper, and people wanted that change to become more attacking.

So having “some” shots doesn’t really cut it. Especially with a trillion passes and more possession than a Colombian drug lord.

For me Boro like Brum.Poor side but with a hard nosed manager who see how vulnerable we are .
That we overlook this just aches of faux support.
I think people are nowhere near as supportive as these sites of Martin.

We do not want passing back and fore from keeper to full backs even when we are chasing the game It is simple stupidity.

A back four of Naughton,Bennett Cabango Bidwell isnt that bad an option

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 22:41 - Dec 4 with 760 viewsSTID2017

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:29 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

Looks like Perchy's retirement didn't last long.

Anyone doubt that if we'd won today he'd have stayed silent?

Yes noticed him and that Manure follower reared their negative heads after two disappointing results.
I wasnt happy with us today, but win lose or draw, I am always behind them, even if I do have a moan ( as many do )
Shame those two don't go off into the internet equivalent of the Great Blue Yonder

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024