Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Compare and contrast - Preview 13:05 - Oct 27 with 4048 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53226
Compare and contrast - Preview on 13:35 - Oct 27 with 3267 viewsdaveB

Seems a bit daft to drop Bright over his contract when we can't sell him till january
Compare and contrast - Preview on 14:10 - Oct 27 with 3194 viewsMick_S

Me Julie . He's trumped Holloway, there.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Compare and contrast - Preview on 14:26 - Oct 27 with 3156 viewsfrancisbowles

Compare and contrast - Preview on 13:35 - Oct 27 by daveB

Seems a bit daft to drop Bright over his contract when we can't sell him till january

Lots on here calling for consistency and now they seem to have it. Same as Manning and Lumley, no deal, no play.

Don't know what else they can do, seems like BOS and his agent may have been stringing the club along. We are going to run out of players at this rate!
Compare and contrast - Preview on 14:28 - Oct 27 with 3148 viewsdistortR

if it helps, my bucket of sand had water cascading out of it earlier.
Compare and contrast - Preview on 14:55 - Oct 27 with 3092 viewsPinnerPaul

Compare and contrast - Preview on 14:26 - Oct 27 by francisbowles

Lots on here calling for consistency and now they seem to have it. Same as Manning and Lumley, no deal, no play.

Don't know what else they can do, seems like BOS and his agent may have been stringing the club along. We are going to run out of players at this rate!

Yes agree - while 'in negotiation' I think you can justify playing - you would have to otherwise you WOULD run out of players - but once they say they won't be signing, then its sorry but you won't be playing.
Compare and contrast - Preview on 15:36 - Oct 27 with 3010 viewssimmo

I agree, just find it odd that Manning was left out from the beginning, then sold on deadline day as that was the stance MW (and presumably the rest of the club) were taking, but that didn't apply to Bright who played every game.

Now we're past the transfer deadline and he's being left out...

I presume whatever progress being made has stalled or collapsed, so we've decided not to play him, I'd just be interested to know why the deadline on that wasn't enforced and what's changed between now and Saturday

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Compare and contrast - Preview on 15:44 - Oct 27 with 2994 viewsdavman

Always on the cards.

Not going to sign, is he; might as well just play him and suck it up buttercups!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Compare and contrast - Preview on 16:07 - Oct 27 with 2958 viewsdistortR

Compare and contrast - Preview on 15:44 - Oct 27 by davman

Always on the cards.

Not going to sign, is he; might as well just play him and suck it up buttercups!

no stay, no play.

Suck it up, spoilt brat players!!
Login to get fewer ads

Compare and contrast - Preview on 16:33 - Oct 27 with 2849 viewspaulparker

Another one of our “ gems” due to go for a pittance

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Compare and contrast - Preview on 16:45 - Oct 27 with 2788 viewsrbee

That's bad news as he is our best attacking option even though we don't score!

This contract stuff is getting annoying. We are supposed to be signing youngsters, developing them and then selling them for good money. This plan goes out the window if the likes of Manning and BOS decide to run their contracts down.

If BOS gets his dream move to Swansea for 250k in January that's 4.75 million he has cost the club as he didn't fancy playing in the Champions League in Belgium. Git.
Compare and contrast - Preview on 16:48 - Oct 27 with 2756 viewsted_hendrix

Good riddance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Compare and contrast - Preview on 16:52 - Oct 27 with 2725 viewsdaveB

I can see why they did it with Manning in a bid to try and get him to stay but it didn't work so this seems a bit daft now
Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:02 - Oct 27 with 2674 viewsnick_hammersmith

Compare and contrast - Preview on 16:45 - Oct 27 by rbee

This contract stuff is getting annoying. We are supposed to be signing youngsters, developing them and then selling them for good money. This plan goes out the window if the likes of Manning and BOS decide to run their contracts down.

If BOS gets his dream move to Swansea for 250k in January that's 4.75 million he has cost the club as he didn't fancy playing in the Champions League in Belgium. Git.

I guess the stuff we don’t know is that a dream move to Swansea might be more beneficial for the player and agent as the club won’t have to pay the larger fee
Also, this dream move may have already been negotiated

It’s strange that this is basically what Austin did, but no one seemed too fussed about it at the time
Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:09 - Oct 27 with 2631 viewsrbee

Of course it's beneficial to the player and agent Nick but they know that the club have invested in them and their career development but don't give a damn. BOS and Manning basically gave us one decent season.
Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:23 - Oct 27 with 2546 viewsR_from_afar

It's very disappointing that BOS is now not going to sign his contract renewal, but I'd rather we play someone who is fully motivated even if they aren't as talented as him.

I'm not sure what else the club could do, we can't force players to stay and even if we could, it would be counterproductive. We also shouldn't break our wage structure for him, especially at this time when many of the club's revenue streams have dried up.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:26 - Oct 27 with 2533 viewsbaz_qpr

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:09 - Oct 27 by rbee

Of course it's beneficial to the player and agent Nick but they know that the club have invested in them and their career development but don't give a damn. BOS and Manning basically gave us one decent season.

its hard to blame the clubfoot the contract situation, he was absolute pony until the middle 3rd of last season. when they then offered him the contract and has hardly pulled up trees since then. They need to be consistent I guess, and will need to bring in an unattached player to cover
Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:35 - Oct 27 with 2514 viewsLblock

Surely you've got to question the approach of the club on BOS etc?

No?

Right. Okay. Ostracise your better players, cause issues in whole squad, lose players for a pittance (relatively speaking) and meanwhile torpedo your ability to win games as we slip down the table and into a malaise..... again.

Love this club man, love it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:36 - Oct 27 with 2512 viewsrbee

Agree with both R_from_afar and Baz.

The club need to come up with a cunning plan because Manning and BOS are setting a costly precedent.

Austin was a different situation as he was already mature player not requiring development.

Thanks to FFP discovering young talent, developing those players and then selling them for a nice profit is currently what our club has to do to survive. So not making a nice profit on the likes of Manning and BOS has a sizeable impact on our club.

No L Block I don't.

BOS is ostracising himself as he knows the stance the club will take and he is the one causing issue because he wants to leave for a pittance!!

[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 17:44]
Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 2485 viewssimmo

Compare and contrast - Preview on 16:45 - Oct 27 by rbee

We're learning from this though, almost all players in or close to the first team under 25 is being tied down, with an additional club option included in their deals.

The reason Bright and Manning have slipped through is partly because they've only come into strong prominence as an important first teamer in the last 18 months (although always showed potential) - and Schteve 'youth coach' McClaren marginalising them for a year so he could play his 'team of men'.

Same would have happened with Eze if he didn't sign his latest deal the other year, and I guess that's what we have pointed to with BOS/Manning to show them that a new deal doesn't mean they won't get their move to a bigger club in the future if offers come in. Seemingly they either don't care/believe that, feel too good for us already or, as I suspect, have fckin wánker self-serving agents.

I just hope that Bright hasn't turned this down because we're low balling him, he deserves the best deal possible, within our agreed structure. Anything less is short sighted AF

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:53 - Oct 27 with 2414 viewsdaveB

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:35 - Oct 27 by Lblock

No?

Right. Okay. Ostracise your better players, cause issues in whole squad, lose players for a pittance (relatively speaking) and meanwhile torpedo your ability to win games as we slip down the table and into a malaise..... again.

I think it's a daft approach by the club, he's contracted to play for us till next summer, if he doesn't extend then fine he goes and we get compensation but to say we won't play you anymore seems a bit childish

As I said earlier I got it with Manning as I'm guessing they thought it would help force his hands with no other interest but with Bright after the window has shut seems to be cutting off your nose to spite your face
Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:55 - Oct 27 with 2404 viewsR_from_afar

No?

Look, the BOS situation is far from ideal for the club, but we have been putting him in the team even though he has been refusing sign for some time. Now it's clear he won't be staying I think it's unwise to play him. He is unlikely to put in one hundred per cent or risk an injury. He could just drift through games. It would be demotivating for the rest of the squad to see a player, albeit a very talented one, constantly making the starting line-up in spite of not putting in maximum effort.

We need to move on. It's not even like we are losing someone who has been sensational for us, like Tarbs, Eze or Austin. He has been good, he has a huge amount of promise but he wants out.

Good luck to him, thanks for what you've done. Now, let's concentrate on nurturing the players who want to play for Rangers.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:58 - Oct 27 with 2394 viewsdistortR

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:23 - Oct 27 by R_from_afar

It's very disappointing that BOS is now not going to sign his contract renewal, but I'd rather we play someone who is fully motivated even if they aren't as talented as him.

I'm not sure what else the club could do, we can't force players to stay and even if we could, it would be counterproductive. We also shouldn't break our wage structure for him, especially at this time when many of the club's revenue streams have dried up.

yeah, I think this is a development year,hopefully get some stability, bed players into QPR/the championship and hopefully push on next season.

If you're not going to be here next season and you're not going to bring any cash into the club, there's no point in you playing.

If he's sitting there disillusioned his agent (Spit) may push potential suitors to make a bid, albeit it won't be great, in the next transfer window to get him out of the club instead of telling them to hang on until the end of the season.

Or he can negotiate a wage I couldn't dream of (Which he will be on as it is) and a reasonable release clause and BOS can play.
Compare and contrast - Preview on 18:06 - Oct 27 with 2353 viewsdaveB

Compare and contrast - Preview on 17:55 - Oct 27 by R_from_afar

Look, the BOS situation is far from ideal for the club, but we have been putting him in the team even though he has been refusing sign for some time. Now it's clear he won't be staying I think it's unwise to play him. He is unlikely to put in one hundred per cent or risk an injury. He could just drift through games. It would be demotivating for the rest of the squad to see a player, albeit a very talented one, constantly making the starting line-up in spite of not putting in maximum effort.

We need to move on. It's not even like we are losing someone who has been sensational for us, like Tarbs, Eze or Austin. He has been good, he has a huge amount of promise but he wants out.

Good luck to him, thanks for what you've done. Now, let's concentrate on nurturing the players who want to play for Rangers.

How does that work in practice though when you have a model of the club developing the player then selling on, of course long term that player wants to play elsewhere it's how we sold the club to them in the first place
Compare and contrast - Preview on 18:08 - Oct 27 with 2339 viewsVancouverHoop

To change the subject:

How much do home/away results differ since lockdown? Not just for QPR but in general.
Compare and contrast - Preview on 18:09 - Oct 27 with 2329 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No?

What would you do, LB?

We have no idea whether he's point-blank refusing to sign, whether we're low-balling him or what's gone on.

So all we know is these were our options.

Sell him - we tried that and he wouldn't join the only club who wanted him.
Get him to sign a new contract - we've been trying that for months.
Bust our wage structure - we've tried that before.

So the only question is play him as his contract runs out or park him up.
What would you do?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024