Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero staying 10:15 - Jul 18 with 5675 viewsWeaverQPR

Wants to stay. Smashing lad hope he has a good season.From HR press conf.

@WeavQPR

Granero staying on 12:03 - Jul 18 with 1621 viewsPommyhoop

Granero staying on 11:53 - Jul 18 by ThGrimRanger

lots of positivity but..

1) he was utter, utter pants for us in 2012-13
2) he's had a cruciate knee rupture since then
3) no-one in La Liga was tempted

why do so many think he could be an asset this season?

The same reason that people think that a 36 year old player who has won everything known to man and has a history of injury problems and is on probably over 50 grand a week is a good signing.
Its called post Bobby feel good factor.
GET ON IT !!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Granero staying on 12:04 - Jul 18 with 1624 viewsClive_Anderson

lots of positivity but..

Not forgetting he didn't want to stay with us when we went down.

Key to be forgiven for acting like a tw@t is being shite apparently.
Granero staying on 12:11 - Jul 18 with 1605 viewsTW_R

lots of positivity but..

Because if he's played in the right way he's a very good player. Give him licence to get forward he'll create and score goals. Something we don't currently have in our midfield at the moment.

Granero staying on 12:16 - Jul 18 with 1572 viewsDiscodroid

Granero staying on 11:59 - Jul 18 by WokingR

I love the idea of playing 3 at the back and 52 up front
What a massive advantage
Why has no one thought of this before

lol!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Granero staying on 12:20 - Jul 18 with 1567 viewsTheBlob

Great news.He may be a little crab like but has good vision and can direct things -don't have to lump everything fifty yards.

Like a lobster.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Granero staying on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 1554 viewsElHoop

Granero staying on 12:11 - Jul 18 by TW_R

Because if he's played in the right way he's a very good player. Give him licence to get forward he'll create and score goals. Something we don't currently have in our midfield at the moment.

How many goals did he score for Real Madrid then?

He's got no chance of scoring 6 next season, even if he plays 30 games.
Granero staying on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 1554 viewsToast_R

Granero staying on 12:20 - Jul 18 by TheBlob

Great news.He may be a little crab like but has good vision and can direct things -don't have to lump everything fifty yards.

Like a lobster.

Sound like he should be doing traffic control.
Granero staying on 12:28 - Jul 18 with 1546 viewsTheBlob

Granero staying on 12:25 - Jul 18 by Toast_R

Sound like he should be doing traffic control.

In a way yes.And there will be plenty of old folk to help across the road.

Login to get fewer ads

Granero staying on 12:46 - Jul 18 with 1484 viewsR_from_afar

lots of positivity but..

You have pretty much summed up my position too. Granted, he did manage a few moments of quality and I am willing to show a bit more patience, but I keep getting flashbacks of him being unable to keep hold of the ball once put under any sort of pressure...and man, he is going to be under pressure in a Rangers side battling to stay in the Prem.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Granero staying on 13:15 - Jul 18 with 1434 viewsTheBlob

Granero staying on 12:46 - Jul 18 by R_from_afar

You have pretty much summed up my position too. Granted, he did manage a few moments of quality and I am willing to show a bit more patience, but I keep getting flashbacks of him being unable to keep hold of the ball once put under any sort of pressure...and man, he is going to be under pressure in a Rangers side battling to stay in the Prem.

RFA

He was under the pressure of a very toxic dressing room.There was just no joy about the guy,same as the rest,you could tell that in the body language.I think you'll see a different attitude this time.

Granero staying on 13:24 - Jul 18 with 1404 viewsbaz_qpr

He's considered to be a serially overrated player, he had one good season in spain was popular amongst the madrid fans as came through their youth system. He's a squad player IMHO and we should not expect too much. (also lacks pace)
Granero staying on 13:35 - Jul 18 with 1359 viewsTacticalR

I honestly wonder if he's got the stomach for the battle with other teams lower down the table where we need to pick up points.

Air hostess clique

Granero staying on 13:37 - Jul 18 with 1354 viewsTheBlob

Well I for one am not going to condemn the guy without a fair trial.Danny Parejo has improved a lot since he came to us,as a reasonably comparable example.

Granero staying on 13:37 - Jul 18 with 1352 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Don't forget the show he and Ale put on against Chelsea. I thought it all went bad with the West Ham game (as has been mentioned) and then when he got stuck out on the right.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 13:43]

It's got to be Yarg

Granero staying on 13:38 - Jul 18 with 1350 viewsTacticalR

Granero staying on 13:37 - Jul 18 by TheBlob

Well I for one am not going to condemn the guy without a fair trial.Danny Parejo has improved a lot since he came to us,as a reasonably comparable example.

Previous convictions must be taken into consideration.

Air hostess clique

Granero staying on 15:05 - Jul 18 with 1230 viewskensalriser

I think he time we got some of these players in front of an LfW panel to see what's what. Have them explain themselves and do some training and fitness work and we'll tell 'em if they meet our standards or not.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Granero staying on 15:10 - Jul 18 with 1211 viewsPommyhoop

Granero staying on 15:05 - Jul 18 by kensalriser

I think he time we got some of these players in front of an LfW panel to see what's what. Have them explain themselves and do some training and fitness work and we'll tell 'em if they meet our standards or not.

As long as they can lead a burst of Captain Jack without a hint of a foreign accent.(ok just a tad)
They get my vote...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Granero staying on 15:20 - Jul 18 with 1194 viewsBklynRanger

I said about 10 days ago that he seemed to be a good player but it had all turned to shit because he didn't have the stomach for it. So if that's changed and he wants to stay, then I'm happy.

I wonder how much HR has got into tactics with them all at this point? If he has then Granero might have liked what he heard about 3-5-2 or whatever and thought that things might finally suit his game. 4-4-2 against anybody half decent just isn't for him.

It's a squad game and I'm happy to have him as a member of the squad.
Granero staying on 15:20 - Jul 18 with 1193 viewsTacticalR

Granero staying on 15:05 - Jul 18 by kensalriser

I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

Air hostess clique

Granero staying on 15:57 - Jul 18 with 1135 viewsR_from_afar

Granero staying on 13:15 - Jul 18 by TheBlob

He was under the pressure of a very toxic dressing room.There was just no joy about the guy,same as the rest,you could tell that in the body language.I think you'll see a different attitude this time.

Well I sincerely hope you are correct, for all our sakes! Let's hope so. We have no room for passengers.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Granero staying on 16:03 - Jul 18 with 1121 viewsTheBlob

Granero staying on 15:57 - Jul 18 by R_from_afar

Well I sincerely hope you are correct, for all our sakes! Let's hope so. We have no room for passengers.

RFA

Funny,that's what First Great Western said.

Granero staying on 16:06 - Jul 18 with 1112 viewsenfieldargh

Granero staying on 15:20 - Jul 18 by BklynRanger

I said about 10 days ago that he seemed to be a good player but it had all turned to shit because he didn't have the stomach for it. So if that's changed and he wants to stay, then I'm happy.

I wonder how much HR has got into tactics with them all at this point? If he has then Granero might have liked what he heard about 3-5-2 or whatever and thought that things might finally suit his game. 4-4-2 against anybody half decent just isn't for him.

It's a squad game and I'm happy to have him as a member of the squad.

Harry and Tactics....not much of that word combo on show last year.

Heres hoping!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Granero staying on 16:34 - Jul 18 with 1068 viewsbarbicanranger

Granero staying on 11:05 - Jul 18 by westberksr

he looked good until it all fell apart at home to Wet Spam. him and Ale trying to battle against their midfield thugsome threesome; was like putting kids out against adults. Cisse and BZ (iirc) stood up top waiting for service that was never going to arrive from SWP and Park on the wings.

until then he'd looked pretty good and the first half at Spuds was one of the best displays by a middle 2 that i'd seen for ages.

withthe right back up from a destroyer in the middle t could still work for him despite being a tad lightweight.

Good memory, he was really dug out in that game (by Nolan and Diabe?) wasn't he? This is my fear with him, playing the teams around us when you have hungry aggressive midfielders who'll want it more.
Granero staying on 17:16 - Jul 18 with 1030 viewswood_hoop

Granero staying on 12:01 - Jul 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, but where's the midfield, eh?

Bloody route one.....

His name 'el pirata' probably evolves from all the 'ship wrecks 'he had around him.

Good technically, still has some things to prove, compared to the signing of the 'old sea dog' Ferdinand this is much more positive in my mind.
Granero staying on 19:12 - Jul 18 with 951 viewsHollowayRanger

in other words no one else wanted him

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024