Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire 12:58 - Jul 14 with 3414 viewsBromleyHoop

Has been mentioned by several posters over the summer and it now seems he wants to leave Sheffield Utd. I think this would be a great signing; right age, ability, wants to move to the Premiership etc etc

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9381776/league-one-harry-maguire-a

[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 13:01]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 13:04 - Jul 14 with 3358 viewsDiscodroid

agree 100% .spot on , i wish he was the alternative to rio 'rotary club' ferdinand.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 13:04 - Jul 14 with 3376 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well worth a punt, albeit Fulham were sniffing around last week

Using the old Bobby Gould scouting index he scores very highly

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140506-clean-sweep-for-harry-1353118.aspx

Right age and fits our leaders signing guidelines, dunno about H
Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 13:28 - Jul 14 with 3292 viewsDANRANGER

Reading on Twitter that we have bid 6.5m for Lascalles. No matter how true this stuff is It would make sense for us to go back in if we are seriously interested. A lot of money but if we are buying English then you don't get a lot for your money.

He has come through all levels for England and I can see HR thinking that if Rio does sign he can help turn Lascalles into a top centre half so anything up to 8m may be worth it and if he turns out any good then you only have to look at Smalling/Lescott/ Jones sales to see you can make 20m on a reasonable English centre half.

Again Maguire has been getting rave reviews but hasn't played above League 1 so should have been an option last year. Wolves strongly linked I believe and would be a good move for him.

Caulker isn't the be all and end all though I guess......
Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 20:35 - Jul 15 with 3087 viewstooting_hoop

Interesting that Forrest have just signed a young ex-Barcelona centre back.

About to accept an offer for Lascalles?

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 21:29 - Jul 15 with 2935 viewsLblock

Maguire never impressed me when I saw him last season, couple of live games. He is highly rated

Caulker however is different gravy and would be sound investment.
He's captain and England international standard - Rio could be a big draw for him?
However, how many of these players these days are sound investment? With all these sell on clauses it's difficult to recoup a profit.

I still say after the ridiculous wages we were handing out 2 years back a deal for Caulker is a bargain.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 22:27 - Jul 15 with 2805 viewsNorthernr

I've never really seen it with this kid. he's very highly rated, with a good pedigree in their FA Youth Cup success, and gets linked here there and everywhere, so obviously I'm wrong, but whenever I've seen him (maybe a dozen times?) he looks painfully slow, particularly on the turn, with highly suspect decision making.

Lascalles at Forest I really like on the other hand.
Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 2741 views08olesen

Regardless which if any we sign, its so important we dont get our trousers pulled down with a buy out clause.

The idea of losing someone like Lascells in 3 years time for 10 million when he is on his way to being that much needed center back for England, would be very annoying.

Obviously this is all hypothetical and we havnt got any yet, but i would rather not have them if they only see the Rs as a stepping stone for a big club in a couple years time

Poll: Who will the other play off

Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 00:38 - Jul 16 with 2652 viewsRangersAreBack

He's someone I eulogised about some years back when our ambitions were modest. I'm not entirely sure he's quite ready for the Premier League but I could be wrong. He certainly deserves a crack in the championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 09:36 - Jul 16 with 2519 viewsrsonist

Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 20:35 - Jul 15 by tooting_hoop

Interesting that Forrest have just signed a young ex-Barcelona centre back.

About to accept an offer for Lascalles?

They've also signed Jack Hobbs and Louis Laing, in addition to Kelvin Wilson who they already had. All centre backs.
Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 10:14 - Jul 16 with 2480 viewsWatford_Ranger

I fear Maguire's lack of pace will stop him 'making it' as I fear for Dan Burn too at Fulham.

Still, for a reasonable price (£2.5m or less? What is reasonable nowadays?) he'd be worth a punt as long term successor to Hill/Dunne and maybe would be a perfect foil for Ned.
Alternative for Caulker -Harry Maguire on 15:32 - Jul 29 with 2372 viewssimmo

Just agreed to join Hull

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9399176/premier-league-hull-city-s

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024