Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : SUNDAY ! 13:39 - Sep 23 with 15666 viewsModeratorC

Oh what a huge derby game for the smaller Welsh clubs.

It’s on a Sunday, 3pm KO.

And it’s LIVE on Sky as the featured game.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63038/swans-look-to-cove

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63043/the-big-game-build

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63050/full-steam-ahead-f

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 02:05 - Sep 24 with 7056 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If we keep up this form for a 3rd straight match, I might have to start drinking the Kool Ade

Which then probably means reality will crush my soul by sometime next Spring

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 6932 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 02:05 - Sep 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

If we keep up this form for a 3rd straight match, I might have to start drinking the Kool Ade

Kool Ade ?
Go on then.
Is that some Deep South concoction ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 13:55 - Sep 24 with 6768 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 09:58 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Kool Ade ?
Go on then.
Is that some Deep South concoction ?

Drinking the Kool Aid is a term that came from the Jim Jones cult tragedy in the 1970s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 14:08 - Sep 24 with 6707 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 13:55 - Sep 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

Drinking the Kool Aid is a term that came from the Jim Jones cult tragedy in the 1970s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

Thanks
I actually remember that event now
I have learned something so thanks

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 21:10 - Sep 24 with 6306 viewsKeithHaynes

3-1

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 21:22 - Sep 24 with 6186 viewsbuilthjack

The Smiths.
Opens at 8am on Sunday.
Breakfast from 9am.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 23:34 - Sep 24 with 6090 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 21:10 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

3-1

I hope we have a larger attendance than that Keith
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 00:22 - Sep 25 with 6063 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 23:34 - Sep 24 by owainglyndwr

I hope we have a larger attendance than that Keith

Sunday mate, on the tv, people still not convinced, and many seem to waiting for another set back to become unhappy. All football sites like this ramp up their visits when people are complaining or want a manager out etc.

The last two attendances as per the OP are slightly more, but not by much.

Of course I want to be wrong.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 06:12 - Sep 25 with 5987 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 00:22 - Sep 25 by KeithHaynes

Sunday mate, on the tv, people still not convinced, and many seem to waiting for another set back to become unhappy. All football sites like this ramp up their visits when people are complaining or want a manager out etc.

When people have season tickets they get into the habit of going, basically because they have paid for the product. When we have 9,500 season ticket holders and say 1,500 from Bristol City attend that is 11,000 ish. To expect the club to sell over 4-5,000 matchday tickets with virtually no publicity is very unlikely.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 07:37 - Sep 25 with 5919 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 00:22 - Sep 25 by KeithHaynes

So do we all.
Our fans,like most,want the best
When they don’t get it,they sulk,bitch,turn up and moan and stay away and moan. It’s better to moan at the ground than on a website .
Moaning at a ground can ,and indeed should, see players up their game to prove the fans wrong . If players won’t or can’t,they shouldn’t be at the club in the first place .

I’m not convinced of the repeated argument that cost is the main factor. It is the product. Ours has been insipid and at time appalling so many ,thousands,have walked . When things can be seen to be better ,they return .
Sadly,we are not the hotbed that ,say,the north east is because had Geordies or Maxkems been watched the garbage served up by us and the broken dreams with it,then You d have @ ground filled with venom . I like venom. It’s better than supine and accepting what we have .

Williams has presided over much dross and it’s going to take some time to get the mojo back and parked up.It would help if we saw some real dialogue with the owners . Yeah baby .

As for Bristol,can’t stand the place nor their fan base

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 12:35 - Sep 27 with 4869 viewsWhiterockin

I have just looked at the map of online ticket availability, I would say the South Stand and around the corners is less than 50% sold. Possibly it is time to introduce reduced price family tickets in this area.
[Post edited 27 Sep 12:35]
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 14:32 - Sep 27 with 4706 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 12:35 - Sep 27 by Whiterockin

I have just looked at the map of online ticket availability, I would say the South Stand and around the corners is less than 50% sold. Possibly it is time to introduce reduced price family tickets in this area.
[Post edited 27 Sep 12:35]

Do 2000 tickets at £10 and £5. They will sell..
Get outlets at neighbouring towns where people can pop in and buy tickets easily, even with cash
Have a cash turnstile.

iTS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 14:45 - Sep 27 with 4671 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 14:32 - Sep 27 by builthjack

Get outlets at neighbouring towns where people can pop in and buy tickets easily, even with cash
Have a cash turnstile.

iTS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Agreed
We should be encouraging folk to come not making it a chore to even get a ticket and go onto the ground .

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Fri PM on 14:47 - Sep 27 with 4696 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63038/swans-look-to-cove

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 15:23 - Sep 27 with 4621 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 14:45 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Agreed
We should be encouraging folk to come not making it a chore to even get a ticket and go onto the ground .

We went to the first 2 home games and we travelled to WBA and Coventry, there has been improvement yet I am not planning on going Sunday.

I hadn't even realised it was Sunday until today. Once that fire has been put out, it's hard to re-ignite I guess.

I planned watching on t, my son has asked about going and I said no. He can go if he wants but he won't travel there by bus or train, he expects me to drive him because he's a wuss
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 15:49 - Sep 27 with 4591 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 14:32 - Sep 27 by builthjack

Have a cash turnstile.

iTS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Why should season ticket holders pay £20 per game for their tickets when you are suggesting plastics can just turn up and pay £10.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 15:52 - Sep 27 with 4585 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 15:49 - Sep 27 by felixstowe_jack

Why should season ticket holders pay £20 per game for their tickets when you are suggesting plastics can just turn up and pay £10.

The very same reason sometimes you have kids for a quid, to fill empty seats when the ground is not full. As a season ticket holder I would not object.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 15:53 - Sep 27 with 4583 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 15:52 - Sep 27 by Whiterockin

The very same reason sometimes you have kids for a quid, to fill empty seats when the ground is not full. As a season ticket holder I would not object.

My season ticket works out at about £11 a game anyway.
[Post edited 27 Sep 15:53]
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 16:30 - Sep 27 with 4518 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 15:49 - Sep 27 by felixstowe_jack

To get the kids into the swans, then the kids will force the parents to bring them, then they become loyal jacks, then they do the same with their kids, that's how it works derrrrr 🤪
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 17:51 - Sep 27 with 4407 viewsKeithHaynes

You can do it for five games a season as long as the overall reduction doesn’t benefit those entitled to an offer. In other words as long as the season ticket holders don’t lose out.

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 23:14 - Sep 27 with 4139 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread on 02:05 - Sep 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

They say the sign of a good team is that they get points when playing poorly. We must be outstanding.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 23:21 - Sep 27 with 4089 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 16:30 - Sep 27 by Fireboy2

To get the kids into the swans, then the kids will force the parents to bring them, then they become loyal jacks, then they do the same with their kids, that's how it works derrrrr 🤪

Or their heads are turned by teams who win trophies
Force of nature

Yeah baby

Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Tues PM on 06:27 - Sep 28 with 4010 viewsjack247

I’m not bothered by what other people pay. Get as many in the ground as we can. If that means people who pick and choose paying less per game than me I’ll live with it.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Fri PM on 07:29 - Sep 28 with 3993 viewsSwans9

I go for 16000. Bristol city have sold out. Another goal for Cullen hopefully I will go 1 1. Chicken balti pie was good at Coventry still the best pasties or pies I have had was Bristol city away.
Swansea City v Bristol City : Match day thread : Updated Fri PM on 16:10 - Sep 28 with 3736 viewsnantywatcher

They have sold out their allocation and their travelling support will be well up for it - do not forget - beat us and they go above us in the league
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024