Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronald 15:17 - Sep 17 with 2048 viewsKeithHaynes

Across England's top four tiers so far this weekend, no player has won more duels than Swansea City's Ronald (16).

In their 1-0 win over Norwich, the Brazilian also recorded the joint-most successful dribbles (4) and tackles (6) of any player. #Swans

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ronald on 15:57 - Sep 17 with 1985 viewsKeithHaynes

16 duals won, ain’t bad.

Ronald on 16:01 - Sep 17 with 1971 viewsReslovenSwan1

As far as I am concerned Williams has the tools to make a drive for top 6.

He has a strong keeper strong defence a top midfield and an international forward and another strong forward on loan. He has players rated as the "new Bellingham" on the bench.

There are no excuses for listless toothless safety first boring performances.

It would be a Welsh problem made in Swansea. The "Yanks" have done their job.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ronald on 16:46 - Sep 17 with 1875 viewsonehunglow

Ronald on 16:01 - Sep 17 by ReslovenSwan1

He has a strong keeper strong defence a top midfield and an international forward and another strong forward on loan. He has players rated as the "new Bellingham" on the bench.

Yiu MAY have a point

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ronald on 16:47 - Sep 17 with 1897 viewsjack247

Ronald on 16:01 - Sep 17 by ReslovenSwan1

At this moment in time, I’d put good money we’ve got the weakest striking options in the division.

Even if Vipotnik turns into the next Piroe when he eventually gets fit, we’ve still got two strikers, one of whom needs a strike partner to be effective.
Ronald on 17:46 - Sep 17 with 1824 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ronald on 16:47 - Sep 17 by jack247

At this moment in time, I’d put good money we’ve got the weakest striking options in the division.

Even if Vipotnik turns into the next Piroe when he eventually gets fit, we’ve still got two strikers, one of whom needs a strike partner to be effective.

Peart Harris can play up top and I rated Kyrrel Wilson highly. He is wasting his time in the u21. Josh Thomas is a real grafter but Williams Watson have sent him in loan. William s dispatched Kuharevych for reasons best know to himself.

Failing all that there are veterans on the free transfer list.

Williams has no excuses. He has put his faith in Cullen which is in my view unwise. Playing Ronald as a central striker has also been mooted.

Ronald on 17:50 - Sep 17 with 1809 viewsjack247

Ronald on 17:46 - Sep 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Peart Harris can play up top and I rated Kyrrel Wilson highly. He is wasting his time in the u21. Josh Thomas is a real grafter but Williams Watson have sent him in loan. William s dispatched Kuharevych for reasons best know to himself.

Failing all that there are veterans on the free transfer list.

Williams has no excuses. He has put his faith in Cullen which is in my view unwise. Playing Ronald as a central striker has also been mooted.

That completely backs up my point. One of, if not the, weakest strike forces in the championship.
Ronald on 17:54 - Sep 17 with 1788 viewsWhiterockin

Ronald on 17:50 - Sep 17 by jack247

That completely backs up my point. One of, if not the, weakest strike forces in the championship.

And who's fault is that.
Ronald on 17:59 - Sep 17 with 1775 viewsjack247

Ronald on 17:54 - Sep 17 by Whiterockin

And who's fault is that.

Watson, Coleman, the boys at the top holding the purse strings.
Login to get fewer ads

Ronald on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 1763 viewsKeithHaynes

Ronald on 17:59 - Sep 17 by jack247

Watson, Coleman, the boys at the top holding the purse strings.

Getting ready for something I think.

Ronald on 18:13 - Sep 17 with 1750 viewsjack247

Ronald on 18:06 - Sep 17 by KeithHaynes

Can’t happen soon enough. We’ll get relegated under them eventually.
Ronald on 18:39 - Sep 17 with 1719 viewsWhiterockin

Ronald on 18:06 - Sep 17 by KeithHaynes

Is the only logical explanation for the last couple of months.
Ronald on 22:02 - Sep 17 with 1548 viewsbuilthjack

He works back and tackles a lot. More than most.
If he could,improve that final pass.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ronald on 22:04 - Sep 17 with 1537 viewsWhiterockin

Ronald on 22:02 - Sep 17 by builthjack

A great player, I just wish he would look up more before playing a ball. Did he look before the back pass.
Ronald on 22:07 - Sep 17 with 1517 viewsbuilthjack

Ronald on 22:04 - Sep 17 by Whiterockin

A great player, I just wish he would look up more before playing a ball. Did he look before the back pass.

That was just crazy

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ronald on 22:45 - Sep 17 with 1435 viewsHoneyBadger

Little value in looking up when there is no movement from your teammates. There is no fluidity in the team. All very rigid and stiff. Not a team that a skillful player such as Ronald would excel in. Eom is struggling for the same reason. It is also why Patino was not at his best last season despite clearly being an exceptionally talented player. However LW seems to think he is doing a good job after his peacocking on the pitch at the end of the Norwich game.
Ronald on 08:30 - Sep 18 with 1270 viewsRichardO

When he first came here he changed his positioning to give himself space to work the full backs going inside the fullback, starting out wide coming short then looking for the long ball, his balls into the box,he was always looking to play the incoming forward but given his limited time here this didn't quite click.
Move on a number of months it seems as if he has been told to stay out wide and get the ball quickly into the box which seems to be what he did regardless of if there was anybody in there presumably it was up to the other players to get on the end of the balls in.
Was Saturday suicidal back pass yet borne of other edict keep possession and the back pass is the safest ball , given his obvious talents it seems as if he is now playing to orders because it is best for the team setup but he seems frustrated not getting the quick ball, as we take too many touches to decide how to play the safest ball as instructed by the manager, funny how with Naughton's inclusion on the left a lot of our better play was on our left side, quicker balls and movement.Really think Ronald has lost a bit of focus when he came here he was telling player what he wanted even bossing our players to his will now he just looks frustrated.
Both Key and Tymon need to be better in defence and attack, Naughton's and Pedersen's experience allowed them to get quick ball away getting players into space. while still keeping a better defensive shape.
Ronald is an asset that we should be looking to use as quickly and as often as we can, I don't think we are giving him the service that he needs and that is primarily down to take too many touches on the ball to work out the best ball, for the most part that descion should be made before the first touch only changing as needed.
Ronald on 08:50 - Sep 18 with 1245 viewsBoundy

Ronald on 22:02 - Sep 17 by builthjack

I hold my hands up, at the start of the season I thought his work rate defending wise was poor but he's proved me wrong , being in the shop window can do amazing things .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ronald on 09:05 - Sep 18 with 1210 viewsRichardO

Ronald on 08:50 - Sep 18 by Boundy

I hold my hands up, at the start of the season I thought his work rate defending wise was poor but he's proved me wrong , being in the shop window can do amazing things .

I was impressed with Lowe's defensive work rate and play last season, just worried on how it impacts Ronald's attacking play, rather be in a position or team that we don't have to rely on his defensive qualities too often and see more of his attacking play.
Ronald on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 1157 viewsjack247

Ronald on 22:45 - Sep 17 by HoneyBadger

Little value in looking up when there is no movement from your teammates. There is no fluidity in the team. All very rigid and stiff. Not a team that a skillful player such as Ronald would excel in. Eom is struggling for the same reason. It is also why Patino was not at his best last season despite clearly being an exceptionally talented player. However LW seems to think he is doing a good job after his peacocking on the pitch at the end of the Norwich game.

Would have been huge value in looking up before putting their striker through near the end on Saturday.

Overall, I agree with your point, though I think it is slowly improving. We looked better Saturday and even caused West Brom a few problems in the second half (though they should have been out of sight by half time).
Ronald on 12:38 - Sep 18 with 1077 viewssons_of_omri

Ronald on 08:50 - Sep 18 by Boundy

Can’t you just give credit where credit’s due rather than just assume his motivation is to leave asap?
Ronald on 14:21 - Sep 18 with 1004 viewsRichardO

Get the ball out to him as soon as possible , give him support and options and he will pull opposition players about leaving space giving the opposition problems to deal with occupying them instead of causing us problems.
If he loses the ball trying to take defenders on high up the pitch it shouldn't cause us problems if we are setup properly, if it come off it keeps the pressure on we did it with Parker to good affect why have we seemed reluctant to go back to giving Ronald and the like early balls?
Ronald on 14:55 - Sep 18 with 950 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ronald on 12:38 - Sep 18 by sons_of_omri

Can’t you just give credit where credit’s due rather than just assume his motivation is to leave asap?

He is under contract and will leave when the club decides it is time. It will be upwards not downwards.

All Swansea players should have motivation and it may be for a number of reasons. Premier league, family finances, family respect, proving cynics wrong etc.

Ronald on 15:03 - Sep 18 with 942 viewsonehunglow

Ronald on 14:55 - Sep 18 by ReslovenSwan1

He is under contract and will leave when the club decides it is time. It will be upwards not downwards.

All Swansea players should have motivation and it may be for a number of reasons. Premier league, family finances, family respect, proving cynics wrong etc.

Surely nobody could argue with that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ronald on 18:29 - Sep 18 with 811 viewsBoundy

Ronald on 12:38 - Sep 18 by sons_of_omri

I also assume you missed his interview regarding playing at a higher level ,either with or without us. I do hope you can cope when he does leave, its what players do.

Ronald himself admits he has ambitions of pushing to an even higher level - ideally with Swansea City.

"I really hope we do well next season," he says. "Not just for the players, but also for the fans. I really appreciate the support from them and it would be fantastic to go up again. We need to get as many points as we can for this season and then we can start next season as strong as we possibly can."

Those who know him, clearly aren't betting against Ronald one day strutting his stuff in the Premier League someday soon.

"There are still a few games left until the end of the Championship, let's see how things go for the team and for him as well," agent Goncalves concludes.

"Regarding the Premier League, my personal opinion is that Ronald can and should aspire to achieve this feat, it’s legitimate to have this desire, after all we are talking about the best league in the world, all players dreams to playing here and he is no different.

"The boy will get there, I have faith."

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ronald on 18:43 - Sep 18 with 794 viewsKeithHaynes

Ronald on 18:29 - Sep 18 by Boundy

I also assume you missed his interview regarding playing at a higher level ,either with or without us. I do hope you can cope when he does leave, its what players do.

Ronald himself admits he has ambitions of pushing to an even higher level - ideally with Swansea City.

"I really hope we do well next season," he says. "Not just for the players, but also for the fans. I really appreciate the support from them and it would be fantastic to go up again. We need to get as many points as we can for this season and then we can start next season as strong as we possibly can."

Those who know him, clearly aren't betting against Ronald one day strutting his stuff in the Premier League someday soon.

"There are still a few games left until the end of the Championship, let's see how things go for the team and for him as well," agent Goncalves concludes.

"Regarding the Premier League, my personal opinion is that Ronald can and should aspire to achieve this feat, it’s legitimate to have this desire, after all we are talking about the best league in the world, all players dreams to playing here and he is no different.

"The boy will get there, I have faith."

Although it’s a pleasure to watch him, Franco, Eom and the like, Inc our own, it can’t be a surprise they all want to move on to what they perceive as better.

However, his stats for this are impressive.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024