Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol in for Harry? 10:20 - Aug 29 with 2056 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-swansea-city-respond-to-bristol-cit

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Bristol in for Harry? on 10:31 - Aug 29 with 2017 viewsGVJack

I've said on anither thread I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. If there's no intent there to sign a new contract club may have to cash in their chips now.

Fact we've brought in Abbey and still have both Pederson and Tjoe at the club seems like it's a possibility any one could leave.

Just hope the feeling is reasonable and we have time to re-invest in the squad this window (with potential windfall coming out way from Whittaker move to Burnley also).

I hope we can convince him to stay (and make him captain) but if not, ll, probably best for all parties to let him go.
Bristol in for Harry? on 10:58 - Aug 29 with 1966 viewsRhonddaSwans

Bristol in for Harry? on 10:31 - Aug 29 by GVJack

I've said on anither thread I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. If there's no intent there to sign a new contract club may have to cash in their chips now.

Fact we've brought in Abbey and still have both Pederson and Tjoe at the club seems like it's a possibility any one could leave.

Just hope the feeling is reasonable and we have time to re-invest in the squad this window (with potential windfall coming out way from Whittaker move to Burnley also).

I hope we can convince him to stay (and make him captain) but if not, ll, probably best for all parties to let him go.

Will be gutting to be fair Harry is by far the best CB at the club.
If it was a Burnley or Leeds coming in no one would blame him.
But come on Bristol City that is just moving sideways.
As you said though mate if he ain’t gonna sign a new deal we need to cash in and move on.

Bristol in for Harry? on 11:02 - Aug 29 with 1955 viewsraynor94

Bristol in for Harry? on 10:58 - Aug 29 by RhonddaSwans

Will be gutting to be fair Harry is by far the best CB at the club.
If it was a Burnley or Leeds coming in no one would blame him.
But come on Bristol City that is just moving sideways.
As you said though mate if he ain’t gonna sign a new deal we need to cash in and move on.

Far from sideways, Bristol have bought well and have a good coach, I expect them to be knocking on the door of the play offs.

And money to spend after the Conway sale

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bristol in for Harry? on 11:11 - Aug 29 with 1927 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol in for Harry? on 11:02 - Aug 29 by raynor94

Far from sideways, Bristol have bought well and have a good coach, I expect them to be knocking on the door of the play offs.

They may well increase the offer and we accept, but will he want to go. Possibly he will wait and see out his contract and accept a signing on fee, it seems to be a pattern here with players running down their contracts.
Bristol in for Harry? on 11:23 - Aug 29 with 1869 viewsAnotherJohn

Bristol in for Harry? on 11:11 - Aug 29 by Whiterockin

They may well increase the offer and we accept, but will he want to go. Possibly he will wait and see out his contract and accept a signing on fee, it seems to be a pattern here with players running down their contracts.

I can see the argument for "cashing in" rather than seeing a player leave for nothing, but there is also the present situation to consider and a cost benefit calculation to do. The deadline is tomorrow, so there is minimal time to "re-invest" and we would probably have to pay an inflated price for a desperation purchase. How much could we get for Darling? I would say around £2m tops, perhaps a lot less. How much do we lose if we get relegated? I'd say considerably more than £2m. Therefore, there is a good case for keeping Darling if we think relegation without him is a big risk, even if he then leaves for nothing next summer.
Bristol in for Harry? on 11:33 - Aug 29 with 1833 viewsunion_jack

Bristol in for Harry? on 11:23 - Aug 29 by AnotherJohn

I can see the argument for "cashing in" rather than seeing a player leave for nothing, but there is also the present situation to consider and a cost benefit calculation to do. The deadline is tomorrow, so there is minimal time to "re-invest" and we would probably have to pay an inflated price for a desperation purchase. How much could we get for Darling? I would say around £2m tops, perhaps a lot less. How much do we lose if we get relegated? I'd say considerably more than £2m. Therefore, there is a good case for keeping Darling if we think relegation without him is a big risk, even if he then leaves for nothing next summer.

Didn’t McGuinness go for £10m? He may have been better that Darling, I really don’t know but that much better?

Maybe I’ve got the fee wrong?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bristol in for Harry? on 12:00 - Aug 29 with 1754 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol in for Harry? on 11:23 - Aug 29 by AnotherJohn

My point was he won't necessarily go even if we agree a fee. IMO anything over £2M and we would accept. He has 10 months left on his contract and the £2M would would out at just under £50K a week on top of his £12K a week wages. The club will see it as saving £60K a week, do they ever concider the consequences. As I say they would accept it, but it doesn't mean Darling will.
Bristol in for Harry? on 12:12 - Aug 29 with 1715 viewsGVJack

Bristol in for Harry? on 12:00 - Aug 29 by Whiterockin

My point was he won't necessarily go even if we agree a fee. IMO anything over £2M and we would accept. He has 10 months left on his contract and the £2M would would out at just under £50K a week on top of his £12K a week wages. The club will see it as saving £60K a week, do they ever concider the consequences. As I say they would accept it, but it doesn't mean Darling will.

He's first choice centre back, even with only 12 months left on his contract I don't think we should entertain anything below the 3 to 3.5m mark with significant additional ons for resale or if Bristol secure promotion.

That +potentially around 3m from Whittaker is a decent figure to reinvest back into the squad IF we already have irons in the fire. If not best is to stick and let him walk in June or at cut price in January.

I'd have thought he'd be knocking on PL door though so should be looking at clubs there or the demoted clubs who have the best chance of going back up.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol in for Harry? on 13:21 - Aug 29 with 1614 viewsOptimisticJack

I really rate Harry Darling.
Unless anything has changed as of late he loves the club and living in the area.
Would be gutted to see him leave.

Optimisticjack

Bristol in for Harry? on 13:23 - Aug 29 with 1605 viewsKeithHaynes

I can’t see what he would achieve by leaving other than a few quid more.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol in for Harry? on 13:55 - Aug 29 with 1539 viewsmagicdaps10

Bristol in for Harry? on 13:23 - Aug 29 by KeithHaynes

I can’t see what he would achieve by leaving other than a few quid more.

If we got an adequate replacement, we would be better off with the fact that atleast one centre half in the squad has more than 11months left on their contract at the club.

Adequate would be the important word there mind 🙈

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol in for Harry? on 16:04 - Aug 29 with 1408 viewsRhonddaSwans

**Update

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/bristol-city-luke-mcnal

Bristol in for Harry? on 17:02 - Aug 29 with 1255 viewsGVJack

Bristol in for Harry? on 16:04 - Aug 29 by RhonddaSwans

**Update

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/bristol-city-luke-mcnal

Looks like Bristol have turned their attention elsewhere then and not coming back in with a formal bid!! Fingers crossed.
Bristol in for Harry? on 18:35 - Aug 29 with 1018 viewsFlashberryjack

From the little I saw of Nelson, if he's a replacement for Darling we're fooked.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bristol in for Harry? on 18:37 - Aug 29 with 1019 viewsQJumpingJack

I wonder if Blackburn or Hull make a late bid for Darling tomorrow evening......?
Bristol in for Harry? on 19:37 - Aug 29 with 947 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bristol in for Harry? on 16:04 - Aug 29 by RhonddaSwans

**Update

That's a relief.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bristol in for Harry? on 19:44 - Aug 29 with 926 viewspencoedjack

Bristol in for Harry? on 11:02 - Aug 29 by raynor94

Yep taking rose tinted specs off id see Bristol City as a far better prospect than us.
Bristol in for Harry? on 21:56 - Aug 29 with 762 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol in for Harry? on 19:44 - Aug 29 by pencoedjack

Yep taking rose tinted specs off id see Bristol City as a far better prospect than us.

Bristol City are a solid Championship club, unlikely to go up, unlikely to go down, as history has shown. Are they really a better prospect when you concider recent history.
Bristol in for Harry? on 22:38 - Aug 29 with 671 viewspencoedjack

Bristol in for Harry? on 21:56 - Aug 29 by Whiterockin

Bristol City are a solid Championship club, unlikely to go up, unlikely to go down, as history has shown. Are they really a better prospect when you concider recent history.

I’d say Bristol City are far more likely to be promoted than us.

Held back by Nigel Pearson for years.
Bristol in for Harry? on 22:41 - Aug 29 with 666 viewsWhiterockin

Bristol in for Harry? on 22:38 - Aug 29 by pencoedjack

I’d say Bristol City are far more likely to be promoted than us.

Held back by Nigel Pearson for years.

You are entitled to your opinion but history does not back it up.
Bristol in for Harry? on 23:21 - Aug 29 with 537 viewsBoundy

Bristol in for Harry? on 18:35 - Aug 29 by Flashberryjack

From the little I saw of Nelson, if he's a replacement for Darling we're fooked.

Very nervous I thought , making silly unforced errors which could may cost us last night ,he can pass a ball though .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024