Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most important 2 days of the season 08:48 - Aug 29 with 1256 viewsPatfromPoole

Need Ramsdale to pass the medical today.

Hopefully get Onuachu, Sulemana and Bella-Kotchap out of the door to bring more funds in.

I think perhaps a loan to the Championship for Edozie may well be in order as well. Showed again last night that he has real issues in getting an end product.

One Prem loan left; Blackmore on Twitter last night seemed to be dropping hints about Fraser. Have to say he would be an upgrade on Edozie.

Hopefully some striker news. I actually think the Brazilian striker could be half-decent; he just looks like a striker to me. Bit reminiscent of Diego Costa. Hopefully not as bonkers though.

Feeling a bit more encouraged today though. Ramsdale would be a big boost.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Most important 2 days of the season on 09:26 - Aug 29 with 1190 viewsPatfromPoole

Loan Ward-Prowse
Buy Fraser
Loan / buy the Brazilian striker

Might be the way to use up the last domestic loan from a Prem club....

Most important 2 days of the season on 09:39 - Aug 29 with 1166 viewsJoiedevivre

Most important 2 days of the season on 09:26 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

Loan Ward-Prowse
Buy Fraser

Do we not feel Fraser to be a bit redundant with Diaz seemingly our wing option. Edozie still not out the door.

Also, how likely is JWP? Wouldn’t be my first choice but would show we mean to stay in this league.
Most important 2 days of the season on 09:59 - Aug 29 with 1107 viewsIfonly

Ramsdale is an enormous boost. That's the first time the club have showed real intent to take the step up to PL level. The same needs to happen now with a CF, even if only on loan.
Most important 2 days of the season on 10:10 - Aug 29 with 1067 viewsdirk_doone

Most important 2 days of the season on 09:59 - Aug 29 by Ifonly

Ramsdale is an enormous boost. That's the first time the club have showed real intent to take the step up to PL level. The same needs to happen now with a CF, even if only on loan.

I was very underwhelmed when Archer was announced as our new striker, but as !teem has pointed out, he scored goals for England U21s, and he showed again last night that he can play in that role. So, he may turn out to be another good signing.

I guess a win makes us all feel much happier about the new signings. The next few league games are the acid test. But, it's good to go into them feeling a bit more sanguine.
[Post edited 29 Aug 10:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Most important 2 days of the season on 10:20 - Aug 29 with 1012 viewsIfonly

Most important 2 days of the season on 10:10 - Aug 29 by dirk_doone

I was very underwhelmed when Archer was announced as our new striker, but as !teem has pointed out, he scored goals for England U21s, and he showed again last night that he can play in that role. So, he may turn out to be another good signing.

I guess a win makes us all feel much happier about the new signings. The next few league games are the acid test. But, it's good to go into them feeling a bit more sanguine.

Yes, I wasn't disappointed in the Archer signing, it's just that I don't see him as a CF that could lead the line against a PL defence. Like many of our players he may be a bit too lightweight(?). He's more of a second striker in my eyes and I just think we need more of a focal point to the attack and someone that can compete for headers and unsettle defenders. We'll need that dimension in the PL. If he shows that he can do that role then I'm all for it.
Most important 2 days of the season on 10:21 - Aug 29 with 1009 viewsJoiedevivre

Most important 2 days of the season on 10:10 - Aug 29 by dirk_doone

Very basic for a striker but simply his 1v1 ability is a step up from Che already.
Most important 2 days of the season on 10:25 - Aug 29 with 997 viewsSonicBoom

Football is mad. After we lost Saturday there was a meltdown - me included - and then a win changes the mood. Some of the new signings looked good which was encouraging, although we did still ship 3 goals. Maybe that's the price we will pay for actually trying to score some goals though.
As for Dibling I hope Martin is brave enough to actually play him. I'd play him as much as possible. His long term development is going to be someone else's problem as doubt he wont be here for very long.
Most important 2 days of the season on 11:10 - Aug 29 with 892 viewskingslandstand1

Most important 2 days of the season on 09:39 - Aug 29 by Joiedevivre

Do we not feel Fraser to be a bit redundant with Diaz seemingly our wing option. Edozie still not out the door.

Also, how likely is JWP? Wouldn’t be my first choice but would show we mean to stay in this league.

There was mention by Alex Crook this morning of JWP coming back on loan. Let's face it Hammers don't want him now
Login to get fewer ads

Most important 2 days of the season on 11:13 - Aug 29 with 885 viewsPatfromPoole

Most important 2 days of the season on 11:10 - Aug 29 by kingslandstand1

There was mention by Alex Crook this morning of JWP coming back on loan. Let's face it Hammers don't want him now

Most important 2 days of the season on 12:04 - Aug 29 with 802 viewsPatfromPoole

Alfred House at the Echo seems to be hinting there may be interest in Manning.

This could surely only be from Goztepe or Valenciennes…

Most important 2 days of the season on 12:08 - Aug 29 with 786 viewsJoiedevivre

Most important 2 days of the season on 12:04 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

Alfred House at the Echo seems to be hinting there may be interest in Manning.

This could surely only be from Goztepe or Valenciennes…

Mr House doing his best to get the hopes up there. A “surprise” in the loan slot better mean someone interesting. Whilst Fraser was good last year, if it were him i’d be a bit disappointed.
Most important 2 days of the season on 13:47 - Aug 29 with 564 viewsDorsetIan

You beat me to it re Edozie. Biggest problem is that he doesn’t seem to have improved much since we first saw him.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Most important 2 days of the season on 14:41 - Aug 29 with 436 viewsBerber

Most important 2 days of the season on 09:26 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

Loan Ward-Prowse
Buy Fraser

The reason Fraser is still available is because The Mags are asking too much. A loan would be better with an option/obligation to buy at the end.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Most important 2 days of the season on 15:16 - Aug 29 with 390 viewsIfonly

Bella Kotchap still for sale but I wonder if the better option is to keep him and loan out Edwards to a Championship club. I didn't go to Cardiff, but from what I hear this would make sense. From what I hear, ABK looks willing to play and Edwards looks like he needs to spend time gaining experience. Obviously the £ for ABK would help, but given where we are now, how likely is that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024