Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
have we signed a keeper yet? 10:32 - Aug 19 with 2026 viewssaint22

its 1030 on Monday
have we signed a keeper yet? on 12:13 - Aug 19 with 1955 viewssaintmark1976

Yes, we’ve one who can keep goal but can’t play tippy tappy, another who can play tippy tappy but can’t keep goal and a third who only ever plays in meaningless cup games.

Never mind, the Club’s brains trust management team will solve the problem this week by wasting more money on an unknown midfielder to play in Turkey.

You know it makes sense saint22.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

have we signed a keeper yet? on 12:20 - Aug 19 with 1917 viewsChesham_Saint

Rylan is probably still going through his morning ablutions; keeping that beard immaculate and staring in the mirror must be quite a priority...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

have we signed a keeper yet? on 12:49 - Aug 19 with 1843 viewskingslandstand1

have we signed a keeper yet? on 12:13 - Aug 19 by saintmark1976

Yes, we’ve one who can keep goal but can’t play tippy tappy, another who can play tippy tappy but can’t keep goal and a third who only ever plays in meaningless cup games.

Never mind, the Club’s brains trust management team will solve the problem this week by wasting more money on an unknown midfielder to play in Turkey.

You know it makes sense saint22.

Can't see what the problem is then
have we signed a keeper yet? on 17:52 - Aug 19 with 1628 viewsareasix

Don’t know when this week but it’s incoming very soon. Don’t worry
have we signed a keeper yet? on 20:22 - Aug 19 with 1468 viewsmushinexile

You morons simply don't get it. The data simulation clearly shows that the effect of all three keepers is minimal in each case. This proves you don't need one at all, so replacing him with an expensive unproven unheard of midfielder will improve our possession stats. What bit don't you understand?
have we signed a keeper yet? on 23:27 - Aug 19 with 1299 views1885_SFC

I've just been reading that Arsenal want a staggering £6M for Ramsdale to go on loan for the season. Otherwise, they want £30M/£40M to let him go permanently.

Madness.

Old School is Cool

have we signed a keeper yet? on 05:58 - Aug 20 with 1159 viewsareasix

Wolves look as if they are willing to pay it.
have we signed a keeper yet? on 06:37 - Aug 20 with 1144 viewssaint22

have we signed a keeper yet? on 23:27 - Aug 19 by 1885_SFC

I've just been reading that Arsenal want a staggering £6M for Ramsdale to go on loan for the season. Otherwise, they want £30M/£40M to let him go permanently.

Madness.

Pay the 6m, it will cost us more in the long run. Nothing good comes free
Also we paid 10m last season for someone who never plays so surely this is a no braine
Login to get fewer ads

have we signed a keeper yet? on 06:59 - Aug 20 with 1121 viewsCity_boy

have we signed a keeper yet? on 23:27 - Aug 19 by 1885_SFC

Madness.

Pay it. Given the money we have p***sed away on transfers over the years. it is not significant.

At least do the 1 year loan, to help us stabilise in this division and stand a chance of staying up. McCarthy earned £2.3m last year !!
have we signed a keeper yet? on 07:25 - Aug 20 with 1052 viewsdirk_doone

have we signed a keeper yet? on 06:59 - Aug 20 by City_boy

Pay it. Given the money we have p***sed away on transfers over the years. it is not significant.

At least do the 1 year loan, to help us stabilise in this division and stand a chance of staying up. McCarthy earned £2.3m last year !!

Yes, it would be the best value for money of any of our transfers this summer. Of course, the Club won't see it that way as they don't place a high value on goalkeepers so we'll get whoever the cheapest option available is, whilst continuing to blow the transfer kitty on more and more midfielders.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

have we signed a keeper yet? on 08:48 - Aug 20 with 865 viewsSonicBoom

Ramsdale is a big name and a good shot stopper but is he any good with his feet? That seems to be the criteria.
Personally I'd just go for whoever is best at keeping the ball out the bloody net.
have we signed a keeper yet? on 08:53 - Aug 20 with 859 viewsronan006

have we signed a keeper yet? on 08:48 - Aug 20 by SonicBoom

Ramsdale is a big name and a good shot stopper but is he any good with his feet? That seems to be the criteria.
Personally I'd just go for whoever is best at keeping the ball out the bloody net.

Ramsdale £ 5 million loan fee + wages £100 k a week .. way too much, Ukrainian under 19 keeper on his way . Every little helps.
have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:03 - Aug 20 with 841 viewsCity_boy

have we signed a keeper yet? on 08:53 - Aug 20 by ronan006

Ramsdale £ 5 million loan fee + wages £100 k a week .. way too much, Ukrainian under 19 keeper on his way . Every little helps.

I haven't seen the Ukranian Keeper story, but at 19, is he likely to become first choice with no experience, especially at top level. I doubt it, which means we will be stuck with McCarthy.

It wasn't only McCarthy's mess up with the pass against Newcastle, he barely moved when Joelinton put the ball in net.
have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:26 - Aug 20 with 782 viewsdelgado1

BBC sport website gossip section was reporting Wolves interest in Ramsdale an hour or two ago. Now strangely it’s not.
have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:27 - Aug 20 with 781 viewssaint22

have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:03 - Aug 20 by City_boy

I haven't seen the Ukranian Keeper story, but at 19, is he likely to become first choice with no experience, especially at top level. I doubt it, which means we will be stuck with McCarthy.

It wasn't only McCarthy's mess up with the pass against Newcastle, he barely moved when Joelinton put the ball in net.

If this seriously the way we will be till January then it proves RM is stubborn and won’t learn
It’s complete suicide to have AM as our number 1, we all knew that and Saturday only prove dig further
If the desire is to have a keeper who is good with his feet then why have we ended with AM as number one, he isn’t!?
have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:37 - Aug 20 with 769 views1885_SFC

have we signed a keeper yet? on 08:53 - Aug 20 by ronan006

Krapyvtsov.

Suitable name for us...

Old School is Cool

have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:51 - Aug 20 with 731 viewsdirk_doone

have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:37 - Aug 20 by 1885_SFC

Krapyvtsov.

Suitable name for us...

Martin seems to believe that the goalkeeper is just an outfield player, not someone whose job is to save goals, so Bazunu and McCarthy don't bother saving them. They know passing stats are more important than goals. So, we'll inevitably end up with another one who doesn't save them. It makes no sense to me, but apparently it does to Russell. His passing stats are what got him this job, not the results of football matches.

have we signed a keeper yet? on 10:01 - Aug 20 with 711 viewsIfonly

have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:51 - Aug 20 by dirk_doone

Martin seems to believe that the goalkeeper is just an outfield player, not someone whose job is to save goals, so Bazunu and McCarthy don't bother saving them. They know passing stats are more important than goals. So, we'll inevitably end up with another one who doesn't save them. It makes no sense to me, but apparently it does to Russell. His passing stats are what got him this job, not the results of football matches.

Russ believes in trendy theories like the "false 9". Perhaps he's now planning on playing with a "false goalkeeper".
have we signed a keeper yet? on 10:26 - Aug 20 with 689 viewssaintpaz

have we signed a keeper yet? on 09:26 - Aug 20 by delgado1

BBC sport website gossip section was reporting Wolves interest in Ramsdale an hour or two ago. Now strangely it’s not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ce317ewznwno
have we signed a keeper yet? on 11:42 - Aug 20 with 575 viewsChesham_Saint

have we signed a keeper yet? on 10:01 - Aug 20 by Ifonly

Russ believes in trendy theories like the "false 9". Perhaps he's now planning on playing with a "false goalkeeper".

Haha! Or maybe on his ego to provide the necessary barrier...?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

have we signed a keeper yet? on 11:56 - Aug 20 with 564 viewsdirk_doone

have we signed a keeper yet? on 10:26 - Aug 20 by saintpaz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ce317ewznwno

Looks like we've left it too late. We'll end up with someone cheap and mediocre, who'll be barely better than the dross we have already. As for our new centre forward, an inside forward/left winger who's only scored 4 goals in 39 Premier League games, appears to be it.

have we signed a keeper yet? on 12:04 - Aug 20 with 540 viewsPatfromPoole

Ramsdale is pretty decent with his feet.

It's why Southgate has always admired him.

It's more his shot-stopping ability which worries me.

He has over the years let in quite a few goals for Arsenal which I thought he should have saved. I think that is what has stopped him getting in ahead of Pickford.

I do however think he has a presence about him.

Going back in time, he clearly had an unsavioury side to him, but I did think when Saints signed Grobbelaar in the mid-90's that he gave our defence a lot more confidence at the time.

If Ramsdale could have that sort of positive impact, he would be worth the money.

Just so long as he doesn't get involved in betting scams......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

have we signed a keeper yet? on 12:07 - Aug 20 with 538 viewsdirk_doone

have we signed a keeper yet? on 12:04 - Aug 20 by PatfromPoole

Ramsdale is pretty decent with his feet.

It's why Southgate has always admired him.

It's more his shot-stopping ability which worries me.

He has over the years let in quite a few goals for Arsenal which I thought he should have saved. I think that is what has stopped him getting in ahead of Pickford.

I do however think he has a presence about him.

Going back in time, he clearly had an unsavioury side to him, but I did think when Saints signed Grobbelaar in the mid-90's that he gave our defence a lot more confidence at the time.

If Ramsdale could have that sort of positive impact, he would be worth the money.

Just so long as he doesn't get involved in betting scams......

He'll probably save a much higher percentage of shots for Wolves than the cheap, mediocre alternative we'll opt for will save for us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024