Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at what we have 00:21 - Jul 16 with 3654 viewsKeithHaynes

Andy Fisher

Josh Key, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Josh Tymon

Franco, Matt Grimes, Josh Ginnelly

Eom, Cullen, Ronald

Azeem
Mykola
Fulton
Allen
O. Cooper
Govea
Parker
Lissah
Ben Lloyd
K. Wilson
Broome (GK)

I’ve left out Pedersen and Toe job.

There’s at least four more required.

Keeper, Striker, centre half, back up striker ? Forward

In fact any position as we are quite weak.

This is not a side that will do much next season.

Let’s hope the rumours of more this week happen.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Looking at what we have on 04:53 - Jul 16 with 2136 viewsWhiterockin

Definitely need a keeper and if there is anything about Broome he needs to be in the squad and Fisher moved on. A number 9 is a priority, plus another forward if we are going to mess about with Mykola, personally I hope that has been sorted out and we see him play. Mykola a new number 9 and Cullen should see us ok. A young defender with potential and I think we will be OK then see how it goes until Christmas and where we are with the u21s developing. Didn't Naughton sign an extension? Still good enough for cover across the back four IMO.
[Post edited 16 Jul 4:57]
Looking at what we have on 07:16 - Jul 16 with 2060 viewsYrAlarch

As you infer, Keith, as things stand we do not have a squad that's strong enough to challenge for the Premier League. It may be another disappointing Season.
Looking at what we have on 07:52 - Jul 16 with 2023 viewsmagicdaps10

FISHER, BROOME

KEY, NAUGHTON, PARKER, TYMON, PEDERSEN, TJOE A ON

DARLING CABANGO

GRIMES, FRANCO, ALLEN, FULTON, ABDULLAI

COOPER, RONALD, GINNELLY, GOVEA, EOM

CULLEN, MYKOLO

We require
Goalkeeper
2 X Centre Half
1 X Winger
1 X Attacking Midfielder
1/2 X Striker.

Would have put 1 x striker but know they are looking for 2.
If we shift Pedersen, Tjoe a On then a left back is in the cards also.
Same as Fish, if he moves on then another keeper.

A lot still to be done.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Looking at what we have on 07:58 - Jul 16 with 2018 viewspete

Looking at what we have on 07:16 - Jul 16 by YrAlarch

As you infer, Keith, as things stand we do not have a squad that's strong enough to challenge for the Premier League. It may be another disappointing Season.

Agree over a long season nowhere near good enough in depth, but for me the 2 guys in on paper at least are the type we need , its down to the people with the purse strings to determin our competativeness or other in the coming days and weeks , but in reality if the manager wants the bulk of his first team squad with him in Austria not much time and like Keith hope things are done before they depart
Looking at what we have on 08:47 - Jul 16 with 1952 viewsRichardO

Think most of us are wishing for lots more but in reality what we got is more or less it, I expect and hope for maybe one or two more but think that will be is it.
Williams seemed to want to use loans sparingly which is sensible we may not gain in the short term but with the length of contract for the new players it does suggest a long term plan develop our youngsters, if we have a passible season with players becoming high profile then it will surely help the clubs finances.
Is it an acceptable first eleven not quite but there are some possible players in the squad to help that eleven out.
Looking at what we have on 09:10 - Jul 16 with 1903 viewsonehunglow

For any success in football,a strong dominant keeper and full on striker are essential.
Rushworth was excellent and his departure the very first position to be nailed down,as is the case with a striker
I hope we don’t have a team endlessly stroking the ball around aimlessly only to lose it in the final third

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Looking at what we have on 09:20 - Jul 16 with 1903 viewspete

Looking at what we have on 08:47 - Jul 16 by RichardO

Think most of us are wishing for lots more but in reality what we got is more or less it, I expect and hope for maybe one or two more but think that will be is it.
Williams seemed to want to use loans sparingly which is sensible we may not gain in the short term but with the length of contract for the new players it does suggest a long term plan develop our youngsters, if we have a passible season with players becoming high profile then it will surely help the clubs finances.
Is it an acceptable first eleven not quite but there are some possible players in the squad to help that eleven out.

Morning Richard,
I agree with you saying most of us wishing for more, but in reality if the club/ owners REALLY want to challenge for the top we have to have a squad capable of doing so, you must agree?, and with NO disrespect to the current lads in the squad it does not have the depth of quality and to be honest the numbers of said quality to go even half a season with the work load they would have to carry. a lot have left loans released or whatever, and to date only 2 replacements have come in, agree early days but the manager wants the bulk of his first team squad at his camp , unless things happen in next few days not going to happen, if as you say this looks like this a few loans apart this is it along hard season awaits, again
Looking at what we have on 10:42 - Jul 16 with 1829 viewsRichardO

Looking at what we have on 09:20 - Jul 16 by pete

Morning Richard,
I agree with you saying most of us wishing for more, but in reality if the club/ owners REALLY want to challenge for the top we have to have a squad capable of doing so, you must agree?, and with NO disrespect to the current lads in the squad it does not have the depth of quality and to be honest the numbers of said quality to go even half a season with the work load they would have to carry. a lot have left loans released or whatever, and to date only 2 replacements have come in, agree early days but the manager wants the bulk of his first team squad at his camp , unless things happen in next few days not going to happen, if as you say this looks like this a few loans apart this is it along hard season awaits, again

Agree with you about the depth of quality in the squad but if the finances are not there to stump up big amounts of cash then the squad has to be built up over a number of years, seems as if after relegation we all wanted the quick fix which byvthe end of last season has left us depleted in numbers by giving the longer contacts is it a sign of planning for the future, it may be a risk giving the long contracts but if the quality of the players coming in are good enough will we reap the rewards promotion or money in for them.
We are nowhere near ready for promotion, we must look to build for the future.
Login to get fewer ads

Looking at what we have on 11:28 - Jul 16 with 1783 viewsEagleEye

Nowhere near enough goals in the attacking options. Pretty average to weak central defence. Without a decent striker, goalscoring midfielder & another centre half option this looks like yet another tough season possibly relegation battle without further additions
Looking at what we have on 12:27 - Jul 16 with 1711 viewsonehunglow

Looking at what we have on 11:28 - Jul 16 by EagleEye

Nowhere near enough goals in the attacking options. Pretty average to weak central defence. Without a decent striker, goalscoring midfielder & another centre half option this looks like yet another tough season possibly relegation battle without further additions

But being “ positive” a goalkeeper and striker would see us ok,I think.
The rest of the squad isn’t bad .
Two key positions

Looking at what we have on 13:38 - Jul 16 with 1638 viewsSullutaCreturned

Looking at what we have on 04:53 - Jul 16 by Whiterockin

Definitely need a keeper and if there is anything about Broome he needs to be in the squad and Fisher moved on. A number 9 is a priority, plus another forward if we are going to mess about with Mykola, personally I hope that has been sorted out and we see him play. Mykola a new number 9 and Cullen should see us ok. A young defender with potential and I think we will be OK then see how it goes until Christmas and where we are with the u21s developing. Didn't Naughton sign an extension? Still good enough for cover across the back four IMO.
[Post edited 16 Jul 4:57]

FWIW, if we can keep Allen fit I'd rather be playing Ginnelly up front instead of Cullen, he's bigger, quicker and the pace across the front 3 should prove a threat.

Hopefully Mykola will have been brought on by then and be good enough for matches.
Looking at what we have on 13:47 - Jul 16 with 1628 viewsraynor94

Looking at what we have on 11:28 - Jul 16 by EagleEye

We are a month away from the start of the season, even longer to the close of the window, to mention a relegation battle in my opinion is laughable

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Looking at what we have on 13:51 - Jul 16 with 1622 viewsSullutaCreturned

Looking at what we have on 13:47 - Jul 16 by raynor94

We are a month away from the start of the season, even longer to the close of the window, to mention a relegation battle in my opinion is laughable

How about this, if we don't strengthen further then next season could be an uphill battle.
Looking at what we have on 15:14 - Jul 16 with 1521 viewsraynor94

Looking at what we have on 13:51 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

How about this, if we don't strengthen further then next season could be an uphill battle.

That's why I said the season is month away, and window longer, I expect another 2 signings, and at least 2 in on loan.

With 2 excellent looking signings this week my glass is half full

Looking at what we have on 15:25 - Jul 16 with 1493 viewsEagleEye

Looking at what we have on 13:47 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Well I did say ‘without further additions’. Our new signings may give us some steel in the middle, energy & pace but will they make us more goals? Don’t underestimate the loss of Lowe, Paterson & Yates - that’s over 20 goals not near replaced yet. You may have faith in our recruitment set up but many don’t based on their track record
Looking at what we have on 15:43 - Jul 16 with 1462 viewsonehunglow

Looking at what we have on 15:14 - Jul 16 by raynor94

That's why I said the season is month away, and window longer, I expect another 2 signings, and at least 2 in on loan.

With 2 excellent looking signings this week my glass is half full

If we get a keeper and striker,my cup will runneth over

Looking at what we have on 16:13 - Jul 16 with 1420 viewsraynor94

Looking at what we have on 15:25 - Jul 16 by EagleEye

Well I did say ‘without further additions’. Our new signings may give us some steel in the middle, energy & pace but will they make us more goals? Don’t underestimate the loss of Lowe, Paterson & Yates - that’s over 20 goals not near replaced yet. You may have faith in our recruitment set up but many don’t based on their track record

Sorry I misread you, I do think we will see 4 coming in, and I wonder if Mykola is being given a chance

Looking at what we have on 19:01 - Jul 16 with 1296 viewshowenjack

I think there are gems out there to be had but not in this country they are too expensive. Eastern Europe , Greece , The Balkans , Turkey , Portugal , Spain . . The benefits of getting one or two from these countries is they will know of other potential signings in their homelands who might also want to join if they end up at Swansea and also other up and coming younger possibilities. Before you know it we could find a ready made route of potential recruits.and at a reasonable price. Overseas spies on the ground are essential I would have thought to a club that is having to cut their cloth accordingly as far as expenditure is concerned.Perhaps these areas are well covered and scouted I don't know but if not then we are missing a trick.
Looking at what we have on 19:20 - Jul 16 with 1248 viewsSullutaCreturned

Looking at what we have on 15:25 - Jul 16 by EagleEye

I don't get it at all when people talk about "goals not near replaced" or lost goals or anything similar.
The reality is that if those 3 players were here next season they may totally flop. Being brutally honest, Paterson is ageing and he was hit and miss last season, when he was good he was great but he was often poor too and Yates...enough said.

Personally I'm looking forward to having Ginnelly fit again and having other options in midfield that may drive us forward, our new winger may, in tandem with Ronald be a good supply chain for whoever is in the middle and the new CDM gives Grimes a break and a chance to be the player we sometimes saw over the last 3 years, the driving forward, positive, attacking player that we know he can be but all too often hasn't been.

If we can unearth a decent keeper, centre back and striker we should at least have a decent first eleven.
Looking at what we have on 19:22 - Jul 16 with 1243 viewsWhiterockin

Looking at what we have on 19:01 - Jul 16 by howenjack

I think there are gems out there to be had but not in this country they are too expensive. Eastern Europe , Greece , The Balkans , Turkey , Portugal , Spain . . The benefits of getting one or two from these countries is they will know of other potential signings in their homelands who might also want to join if they end up at Swansea and also other up and coming younger possibilities. Before you know it we could find a ready made route of potential recruits.and at a reasonable price. Overseas spies on the ground are essential I would have thought to a club that is having to cut their cloth accordingly as far as expenditure is concerned.Perhaps these areas are well covered and scouted I don't know but if not then we are missing a trick.

The club are going down the route of video scouting, if anyone could provide an accurate description of what that is it would be appreciated. They were advertising for six a couple of weeks ago.
Looking at what we have on 20:07 - Jul 16 with 1199 viewshowenjack

Looking at what we have on 19:22 - Jul 16 by Whiterockin

The club are going down the route of video scouting, if anyone could provide an accurate description of what that is it would be appreciated. They were advertising for six a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.futbollab.com/en/news/optimize-your-scouting-with-football-video-ana

It's a new one on me but just goes to show how much technology is now playing in performance assessment and also opening up opportunities in the jobs market . He who stands still is lost as they say.
Looking at what we have on 04:54 - Jul 17 with 1016 viewsWhiterockin

Looking at what we have on 20:07 - Jul 16 by howenjack

https://www.futbollab.com/en/news/optimize-your-scouting-with-football-video-ana

It's a new one on me but just goes to show how much technology is now playing in performance assessment and also opening up opportunities in the jobs market . He who stands still is lost as they say.

AI is also now used to monitor individual performance material instead of sports data analysts, it really is a different world. Preconceived opinions are often out the window now, they way sporting personel are sourced and monitored are light years away from only a couple of years ago.
Looking at what we have on 06:48 - Jul 17 with 976 viewsbuilthjack

Ginnelly did well at Hearts but flopped at all his other clubs.
We will see. Hopefully he does well, but I am not convinced. Yet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Looking at what we have on 13:02 - Jul 17 with 881 viewshowenjack

Looking at what we have on 04:54 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

AI is also now used to monitor individual performance material instead of sports data analysts, it really is a different world. Preconceived opinions are often out the window now, they way sporting personel are sourced and monitored are light years away from only a couple of years ago.

I thought it would only be a matter of time before AI was employed . The clubs that are using this already will have a clear advantage when it comes to talent spotting. No surprise that the Americans are at the forefront of this as they are very much into data analysis (see NFL) and the development of AI.
Looking at what we have on 13:10 - Jul 17 with 866 viewsWhiterockin

Looking at what we have on 13:02 - Jul 17 by howenjack

I thought it would only be a matter of time before AI was employed . The clubs that are using this already will have a clear advantage when it comes to talent spotting. No surprise that the Americans are at the forefront of this as they are very much into data analysis (see NFL) and the development of AI.

Possibly something Coleman has brought in and if it is the case should be commended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024