Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? 14:08 - Jul 11 with 1115 viewsRhonddaSwans

Gk , Defender, Midfielder and Striker

Just a bit of Pre season fun.
Lets see if we can get a Swans independent greatest 11 put together.

Get your nominations in then we will do a few polls. They can be from any generation 😎

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 16:38 - Jul 11 with 1037 viewsSullutaCreturned

Dai Stewart.

Ante Rajkovic.

Leon Britton.

Michu.
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 16:42 - Jul 11 with 1021 viewsWhiterockin

Fabianski
Ash Williams
Boddie
Latchford.
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 16:46 - Jul 11 with 1010 viewsFlashberryjack

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 16:38 - Jul 11 by SullutaCreturned

Dai Stewart.

Ante Rajkovic.

Leon Britton.

Michu.

Fabiański.

Ante Rajkovic.

Sigurðsson.

Latchford.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 17:15 - Jul 11 with 964 viewsDr_Winston

Fabianski
Ashley Williams
Leon Britton
Bony

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 18:37 - Jul 11 with 870 viewsswancity

Fabianski
Rajkovic
De Guzman
I Allchurch

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 19:08 - Jul 11 with 839 viewsshandyjack

Fabianski
Williams
Sigurdsson
Bony

Poll: Expectation for the season

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 19:12 - Jul 11 with 828 viewsKeithHaynes

Dai Stewart

Ante

Alan Curtis (I’m not budging)

Latchford

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 19:12 - Jul 11 with 828 viewspencoedjack

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 19:08 - Jul 11 by shandyjack

Fabianski
Williams
Sigurdsson
Bony

Probably mine as well although it’s difficult to leave Leon out.
Login to get fewer ads

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 20:13 - Jul 11 with 773 viewsRhonddaSwans

VORM
WILLIAMS
SCOTT SINCLAIR
BORINI
[Post edited 11 Jul 20:13]

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 21:29 - Jul 11 with 688 viewscimlaswan

Fabianski
Williams
Robbie James
Latchford
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 01:07 - Jul 12 with 618 viewsRobbie

Some of these names mentioned have left me speechless at the talent The Swans had over the years . Memories of the dark Tuesday night games at the Vetch will cloud my choices .

GK . Dave Stewart
CB . Keith sky Walker
MF. Robbie
CF . Tosh

Good times and bad tines Swansea City have had talent , Michu out but maybe the bench.
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 06:12 - Jul 12 with 570 viewsjackal

Fabianski
Leon ( as he played in front of the defence, I'm stretching a point)
Michu
Trundle
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 08:14 - Jul 12 with 536 viewsTreforys_Jack

Fabs/ Dai Stewart
Ante hands down
Evil Genius / Leon
Michu - truly magnificent at the very top level albeit for far too short a time.
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 08:26 - Jul 12 with 527 viewsDaggyjack

Fabianski
Rajkovic
Britton
Michu
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 08:38 - Jul 12 with 516 viewsYrAlarch

Noel Dwyer
Ashley Williams
Ian Callaghan
Ivor Allchurch
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 08:43 - Jul 12 with 515 viewspete

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 08:38 - Jul 12 by YrAlarch

Noel Dwyer
Ashley Williams
Ian Callaghan
Ivor Allchurch

tony Millington

Mel Nurse

Herbie Williams

Ivor Allchurch
nearly all local lads
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 09:20 - Jul 12 with 477 viewsWhiterockin

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 08:43 - Jul 12 by pete

tony Millington

Mel Nurse

Herbie Williams

Ivor Allchurch
nearly all local lads

All Welsh but Tony was from North Wales mate.
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 09:23 - Jul 12 with 461 viewsRichardO

Very hard to pick four individuals as without quality players around you and a clear sense of your role within a team even the best players can struggle at times.
But here we go.

Tony Millington,
I was only 7 or 8 when he joined the Swansea but I had just become switched on to football instead of just going for a kick about with brothers and neighbours in the street but ISeem to remember him always getting good reviews, he might have been one of the first keepers I'd seen play live but I might be making that up, I'd have to ask my older brother.

Rangel Angel
Excellent full back you could see him working out how he had to play his defensive role against different wingers , If they had pace but little skill he would give them space to prevent himself being caught with the ball over the top and if they had skill he would make sure they didn't get control of the ball with some sharp tackling, if they had both then he always had help to ensure they were busy trying to ensure we kept on the front foot with his forward play. A Wingback or a bery intelligent Fullback.

Leon Britton
Rolls Royce of a player who we missed when he first left and was relieved on his return, again like Rangel kept us on the front foot. Sure he could also have played a No10 role as when he did venture forward he could cause all sorts of problems again a very switched on player.

Leighton James
A player who could change games.

Plenty more players came to mind.
Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 09:50 - Jul 12 with 424 viewspete

Who was the top 4 players ever to play for the Swans and why? on 09:20 - Jul 12 by Whiterockin

All Welsh but Tony was from North Wales mate.

thats why i said nearly all local
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024