Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Film recommendation 08:16 - Apr 8 with 1259 viewswelwynranger

Its new on Netflix.
The Beautiful Game.
Its about an ex football scout who gets a group of homeless men together to play in the
Homeless World Cup.
4 players a side 14 minute matches
A really moving story about how these men became homeless, and yet gelled together to form a team .
Absorbing story thoroughly enjoyed it.
Film recommendation on 11:10 - Jul 4 with 618 viewsCateLeBonR

I went to my local Picturehouse to see The Bikeriders last night. There’s a bit of a dearth of good films on offer at the moment so I was heartened after seeing the Mayo and Kermode review on YouTube about this one.

Settling down with a hot flask of Chicory and a couple of Stroopwafels I was a little concerned that my indifference to all things motorbike would spoil my enjoyment. However it didn’t matter at all as it’s well made, well acted (Jodie Comer is excellent amongst others) and very well written with lots of great characters to engage with. It has a proper ending but leaves many opportunities for sequels and spin-offs I’d have thought. With some good fight scenes it can be brutal at times but has subtle humour in equal measure. A proper film for the grown-ups I could probably watch again and again. 8/10.
[Post edited 4 Jul 11:24]
Film recommendation on 13:43 - Jul 4 with 408 viewsderbyhoop

Wasn't the Beautiful Game based on a true story?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Film recommendation on 14:15 - Jul 4 with 357 viewsTheChef

Love how people dig up these threads from months ago.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024