Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kicking off in Strady 18:53 - Aug 14 with 14360 viewsshingle

Watching a live stream video of it now Police inciting things by the look of it four of them forcefully grabbing and arresting an old man who has to be in his seventies and now they have realised he was the wrong guy and let the poor sod go crazy times.
Kicking off in Strady on 13:17 - Aug 15 with 1190 viewsonehunglow

Kicking off in Strady on 12:55 - Aug 15 by Wingstandwood

I honestly believe that the name and reputation of the " The Stradey Park Hotel" will forever take a major 'brand' hit, even if it should attempt to go back to it's once esteemed reputation and forte for being a great place to have wedding receptions. I heard one Llanelli resident describe it as a "Jewell in the crown".

Many weddings are now, for the younger generation(s) in particular 'major/number 1' social media occasions where everything is set-up to 'show-off' and 'self-indulge' in establishments considered to be 'classier' than your average/cheap 2-3 star hotel.

And I guess many a fussy bride and family member, would never in a million years want to be married or associated with a place that was once a infamous and unwelcome large hostel where hundreds of foreign people lived to avoid sleeping on the streets.

But surely the more humane liberal people would not mind sharing their venue with these poor wretches as they await free healthcare ,housing and feeding whilst many vets who got injured trying to save their god forsaken lands stay homeless

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kicking off in Strady on 13:28 - Aug 15 with 1171 viewsSuperjan

Kicking off in Strady on 12:55 - Aug 15 by Wingstandwood

I honestly believe that the name and reputation of the " The Stradey Park Hotel" will forever take a major 'brand' hit, even if it should attempt to go back to it's once esteemed reputation and forte for being a great place to have wedding receptions. I heard one Llanelli resident describe it as a "Jewell in the crown".

Many weddings are now, for the younger generation(s) in particular 'major/number 1' social media occasions where everything is set-up to 'show-off' and 'self-indulge' in establishments considered to be 'classier' than your average/cheap 2-3 star hotel.

And I guess many a fussy bride and family member, would never in a million years want to be married or associated with a place that was once a infamous and unwelcome large hostel where hundreds of foreign people lived to avoid sleeping on the streets.

The Stradey Park hotel as it existed was sold to Clearsprings for the intended purpose of housing asylum seekers. Whether the previous owners knew who exactly what the new owner intended the property to be used for I don’t know . What Clearsprings ultimately intend to do with the property should the present asylum system changes who knows , but I very much doubt that they care whether or not there will ever be a wedding there again .
Kicking off in Strady on 13:43 - Aug 15 with 1154 viewsWingstandwood

Kicking off in Strady on 13:17 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

But surely the more humane liberal people would not mind sharing their venue with these poor wretches as they await free healthcare ,housing and feeding whilst many vets who got injured trying to save their god forsaken lands stay homeless

What you tend to find (happened on this forum on many occasions) that the WOKE types, lefty-loon types and liberal 'open borders at ANY cost' types that preach tolerance? Are? On a lot of occasions the complete and utter opposite of.

That is why they have often resorted to gutter tactics, lies and innuendo to smear honest/ factual differing opinion(s) and justifiable questioning along with the person who has contributed that.

And here is more truth and common sense regarding house prices and sales potential in the Stradey Park Hotel locality and surrounding area's i.e. If a young family for example is going to purchase a house? Would that young family prefer to purchase a house where there are hundreds of undocumented young males living, or would they prefer to purchase a house elsewhere?

Argus!

Kicking off in Strady on 13:52 - Aug 15 with 1137 viewsWingstandwood

Kicking off in Strady on 13:28 - Aug 15 by Superjan

The Stradey Park hotel as it existed was sold to Clearsprings for the intended purpose of housing asylum seekers. Whether the previous owners knew who exactly what the new owner intended the property to be used for I don’t know . What Clearsprings ultimately intend to do with the property should the present asylum system changes who knows , but I very much doubt that they care whether or not there will ever be a wedding there again .

Common sense dictates that they did not care, because anyone with an ounce of streetwise business' acumen would fully recognise that converting a large hostel back into a wedding reception venue is rather pointless. Why? Because it will forever be seen as a former large hostel that "does wedding receptions"..... hardly a great selling point that.

They might as well purchase, convert or renovate some other large building elsewhere instead. The 'brand' and its 'name' along with its once great 'reputation' is forever damaged goods. The Stradey Park Hotel will never be the same again!

Argus!

Kicking off in Strady on 13:56 - Aug 15 with 1127 viewsonehunglow

Kicking off in Strady on 13:43 - Aug 15 by Wingstandwood

What you tend to find (happened on this forum on many occasions) that the WOKE types, lefty-loon types and liberal 'open borders at ANY cost' types that preach tolerance? Are? On a lot of occasions the complete and utter opposite of.

That is why they have often resorted to gutter tactics, lies and innuendo to smear honest/ factual differing opinion(s) and justifiable questioning along with the person who has contributed that.

And here is more truth and common sense regarding house prices and sales potential in the Stradey Park Hotel locality and surrounding area's i.e. If a young family for example is going to purchase a house? Would that young family prefer to purchase a house where there are hundreds of undocumented young males living, or would they prefer to purchase a house elsewhere?

We do not have any political party with the resolve or simple courage to front up to this problem.
We can’t cope. Full stop.
For any to incite asylum seekers or chancers to come here is at best stupid and at worst Malevolent .
The problem lies with France and Macrom.
France is synonymous with perfidy with good reason and we are being take for mugs
Nobody wants to see bodies floating past ships in the busiest shipping lane in the world so don’t encourage them.

Albanians can nip over easy enough to Bari and could settle in Padua or Brindisi ,even Naples ( maybe not) Bologna is nice as is Genoa,a busy post city.

They do not have to risk death by crossing in a dinghy and our lefty hypocrites should quit simply trying to blame it all on the Tories

Kicking off in Strady on 14:03 - Aug 15 with 1111 viewsunion_jack

Kicking off in Strady on 13:43 - Aug 15 by Wingstandwood

Woke NIMBYs

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kicking off in Strady on 14:06 - Aug 15 with 1088 viewsunion_jack

Kicking off in Strady on 13:56 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

We do not have any political party with the resolve or simple courage to front up to this problem.
We can’t cope. Full stop.
For any to incite asylum seekers or chancers to come here is at best stupid and at worst Malevolent .
The problem lies with France and Macrom.
France is synonymous with perfidy with good reason and we are being take for mugs
Nobody wants to see bodies floating past ships in the busiest shipping lane in the world so don’t encourage them.

Albanians can nip over easy enough to Bari and could settle in Padua or Brindisi ,even Naples ( maybe not) Bologna is nice as is Genoa,a busy post city.

They do not have to risk death by crossing in a dinghy and our lefty hypocrites should quit simply trying to blame it all on the Tories

We can’t cope. Full. Stop.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kicking off in Strady on 14:15 - Aug 15 with 1043 viewsonehunglow

Kicking off in Strady on 14:06 - Aug 15 by union_jack

We can’t cope. Full. Stop.

Simple and that is why they are dying
We are disgraceful in our cowardice
We are not doing them any favours by encouraging them to come and our welfare state does that.

Login to get fewer ads

Kicking off in Strady on 15:27 - Aug 15 with 989 viewsFlashberryjack

Kicking off in Strady on 11:02 - Aug 15 by Kilkennyjack

Its fecking dreadful.

As i already said, the UK govt should process these people near their country of origin.
With legal routes to be decided there, not here.

Are you happy with what this English Tory government is doing in Llanelli ?
Its the reality.

"the UK govt should process these people near their country of origin"

And guess where they'd head for if their application for asylum/refugee status was turned down ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kicking off in Strady on 16:08 - Aug 15 with 946 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Kicking off in Strady on 15:27 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

And guess where they'd head for if their application for asylum/refugee status was turned down ?

I remember the famous lily allen trip to the jungle camp where she interviewed a young migrant and asked him why he was risking his life trying to jump on lorries and trains and why he didn’t go through the legal route. He replied they’ve given me forms to fill in but I don’t want to wait this way is quicker.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Kicking off in Strady on 17:25 - Aug 15 with 905 viewsKilkennyjack

Kicking off in Strady on 15:27 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

Well carry on with current excellent and successful arrangements then.

Today they all hope they will get a new life.
If you process near the origin country then the theory is that if they are refused then many will not travel having already been told no. No hope.
Plus processing this end is simplified if they do travel. You have been refused already, good bye. No casework needed, no months of bollox.

Less numbers crossing overall will assist our , admittedly useless, Border Force.

And the ones who do qualify will have a safe route in, no people smugglers needed.

Beware of the Risen People

Kicking off in Strady on 18:06 - Aug 15 with 873 viewsFlashberryjack

Kicking off in Strady on 17:25 - Aug 15 by Kilkennyjack

If you process near the origin country then the theory is that if they are refused then many will not travel having already been told no. No hope.
Plus processing this end is simplified if they do travel. You have been refused already, good bye. No casework needed, no months of bollox.

Less numbers crossing overall will assist our , admittedly useless, Border Force.

And the ones who do qualify will have a safe route in, no people smugglers needed.

Nonsense

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kicking off in Strady on 18:23 - Aug 15 with 853 viewsraynor94

"In the Land of make believe "

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kicking off in Strady on 18:56 - Aug 15 with 826 viewsmax936

Useless Border Force, you have no idea what you are talking about or what work they get through whilst be vastly under staffed!

No wonder you get the grief you get on here!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kicking off in Strady on 20:26 - Aug 15 with 762 viewsKilkennyjack

Kicking off in Strady on 18:56 - Aug 15 by max936

Useless Border Force, you have no idea what you are talking about or what work they get through whilst be vastly under staffed!

Do you think they are doing a good job ?

Shouldn’t they be stopping the flood of migrants, or do they have some other purpose ?
Maybe they would be better at catering or DIY ?

Kicking off in Strady on 20:28 - Aug 15 with 758 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Kicking off in Strady on 18:56 - Aug 15 by max936

One of the stupidest things I read or see is people saying “we should process them quicker.”

Firstly there are thousands of them with more arriving every day. None of them have any documents because the traffickers make them throw them all away. We don’t know who they are. Lots claim to be children despite looking about forty odd.

How can we possibly process that quicker? People who say speed up the processing what they are really suggesting is “just wave them all through.” Which is even more dangerous and moronic than the current situation.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Kicking off in Strady on 20:29 - Aug 15 with 758 viewsKilkennyjack

Kicking off in Strady on 18:06 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

Nonsense

Thank you for your insightful contribution.

Boris Johnson would be very proud of your lack of detail.
Why bother to construct an argument, when you can shout at the moon instead ?

Nonsense.

Kicking off in Strady on 20:34 - Aug 15 with 745 viewsKilkennyjack

Kicking off in Strady on 20:28 - Aug 15 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

One of the stupidest things I read or see is people saying “we should process them quicker.”

Firstly there are thousands of them with more arriving every day. None of them have any documents because the traffickers make them throw them all away. We don’t know who they are. Lots claim to be children despite looking about forty odd.

How can we possibly process that quicker? People who say speed up the processing what they are really suggesting is “just wave them all through.” Which is even more dangerous and moronic than the current situation.

If they process them before they get here you can take biometrics.
If they get no pass but they still travel, they can be traced and kicked out pronto as they have already been processed.

Its the long processing that keeps them in the uk unable to work.
In France they can work.

Faster processing is better than any alternative.

Nobody should be waved through.

Kicking off in Strady on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 743 viewsBoundy

Kicking off in Strady on 20:29 - Aug 15 by Kilkennyjack

Thank you for your insightful contribution.

Boris Johnson would be very proud of your lack of detail.
Why bother to construct an argument, when you can shout at the moon instead ?

Nonsense.

I could use another adjective but you'd possibly complain to the mods

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kicking off in Strady on 20:40 - Aug 15 with 742 viewsBoundy

Kicking off in Strady on 12:22 - Aug 15 by union_jack

Well you’re making an assumption that the group are rich. Even if they are, they trade in profit not loss so we’d need to be in possession of the facts to make an opinion.

I made mine, an assumption in itself, that the hotel was owned privately. If that was the case then I’d understand fully, under the economic climate, to sell up and capitalise.

I'll try another direction as Yyu never answered my question are you happy that 90+ workers who paid their stamp , income tax etc , bought goods in local shops basically contributed to society and the local community should lose their jobs to someone from who knows where ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kicking off in Strady on 20:47 - Aug 15 with 737 viewsraynor94

Kicking off in Strady on 20:26 - Aug 15 by Kilkennyjack

Do you think they are doing a good job ?

Shouldn’t they be stopping the flood of migrants, or do they have some other purpose ?
Maybe they would be better at catering or DIY ?

Irony at its finest!

You talking about a job, remind us again what you are good at

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kicking off in Strady on 21:08 - Aug 15 with 718 viewsWingstandwood

Very astute streetwise logic and common sense there, I think the same.

Maybe the reason why Biden's government has until now refused to meet demands by New York mayor (and others) for immediate work permit introduction is? It's likely to end up encouraging even more unsustainable numbers to enter by well and truly opening the floodgates.

And rushing through work permits for every man and his dog? Does absolutely nothing to solve the lack of housing/shelter spaces.

And New York has run out of hotels, so the situation was dire enough before. And to put even more strain on an already catastrophic crisis/situation is absolute Kamikaze lunacy.

And another thing that makes me laugh, is the way that some think that border control and immigration standards should be made even more ridiculously weak and porous just so that undocumented arrivals can then be allowed to arrive via 'official routes'. Apparently that is to stop the dangers of crossing the channel.

Sending out an "all comers welcome" message is an afront to national security, sensible border control and standards that have to be met to have a modern functional and safe society.

FFS in bygone historical times wrong-un's used to run away and escape by means of joining the French Foreign Legion. Nowadays that's all they have got to do is jump on a small boat and create a completely false I.D after throwing documents overboard. Scary!

Argus!

Kicking off in Strady on 21:19 - Aug 15 with 708 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 13:17 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

Poor treatment of veterans predates the small boats crisis.

Don’t let the government(s) off that easy.

There’s 4.2 million in the uk in food poverty. That’s not migrates fault either. They’ve become the default position for blame for everything. The dead cat who keeps on giving.
Kicking off in Strady on 21:20 - Aug 15 with 707 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 18:06 - Aug 15 by Flashberryjack

Nonsense

You called my response nonsense then didn’t elaborate. Same here is see.
Kicking off in Strady on 21:21 - Aug 15 with 703 viewsGwyn737

Why can’t we process them quicker?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024